Home
Posted By: wabigoon Oklahoma? - 03/08/24
Anyone from the "Sooner State?
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: Oklahoma? - 03/08/24
Like I said, you're going to drag out the 50 states all year.....
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Oklahoma? - 03/08/24
I enjoyed my time at Fort Sill,
Posted By: Timbermaster Re: Oklahoma? - 03/08/24
Wabi have you been to Florida
No.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Oklahoma? - 03/08/24
Nvr bin
Posted By: 160user Re: Oklahoma? - 03/08/24
I'm headed to Tulsa in less than a month. Does that count?
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Oklahoma? - 03/08/24
"Living on Tulsa Time,"
Posted By: Angus55 Re: Oklahoma? - 03/08/24
Yep, reddest state, proud Okie !!!
Posted By: crshelton Re: Oklahoma? - 03/08/24
I was born there, but moved to Texas while still in Kindergarten. Been here ever since.
Posted By: Simplepeddler Re: Oklahoma? - 03/08/24
Nope, but the bride is from Pryor
Red clay
Posted By: Angus55 Re: Oklahoma? - 03/08/24
Red dirt, Red man, Red school, Red blood, Ready to go🤠
Posted By: Oklahomahunter Re: Oklahoma? - 03/08/24
I don’t claim all of it, but I definitely am.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Oklahoma? - 03/08/24
Proud Okie here.
Posted By: LegalEagle Re: Oklahoma? - 03/08/24
NW Okie here!
Posted By: TheKid Re: Oklahoma? - 03/08/24
God’s country. Unfortunately we’re completely full to capacity. It’s pretty much a nonstop stream of tornadoes, floods, dust storms, wildfires, and grasshopper hordes anyway.
Posted By: GAGoober Re: Oklahoma? - 03/08/24
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Oklahoma? - 03/08/24
I saw that movie.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Oklahoma? - 03/08/24
Used to make training flights into Tinker AFB. Have been to an all-night rodeo in Ardmore. That's about the extent of it.

As a state, I guess it's OK.
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Oklahoma? - 03/08/24
Oklahoma? Which one? Southeast Oklahoma isn’t like Northeast Oklahoma. Tulsa ain’t like Oklahoma City. The Wichitas ain’t like the Ouachitas. And from places in the Panhandle you’re closer to Denver than Oklahoma City.
Posted By: Crash_Pad Re: Oklahoma? - 03/08/24
Granddad's family homesteaded in Indian Territory, and everywhere else the grass was supposed to be greener, until Kim, Colorado took the pioneer spirit out of them for good.
Posted By: TheKid Re: Oklahoma? - 03/08/24
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Oklahoma? Which one? Southeast Oklahoma isn’t like Northeast Oklahoma. Tulsa ain’t like Oklahoma City. The Wichitas ain’t like the Ouachitas. And from places in the Panhandle you’re closer to Denver than Oklahoma City.
This guy has the lowdown. I have friends or family, live or have lived myself in all of these areas and they truly are very different places. I like the wind and the open spaces so I’ll not be caught on the east side of I35 for any longer than necessary. I love the Panhandle but to live there a man had better be tough and it’d be best if he’d already made his fortune someplace else as it’ll be hard to come by out there.
Posted By: MartinStrummer Re: Oklahoma? - 03/08/24
Place I'm sitting on was a "homestead". Don't know what was chasing the wife's great grandfather, but he came here in 1904.

The place has NO redeeming features! Red clay with elm and black locust trees. .....and encroaching mesquite!
About the only thing worth the effort was that the clay WILL grow grain!
Posted By: IKE Re: Oklahoma? - 03/08/24
Seventy four now and have been living here for a little over 43 years....can't complain.
Posted By: Lorin Re: Oklahoma? - 03/08/24
been here 45 years. happy to call it home.
Posted By: okie john Re: Oklahoma? - 03/08/24
My father was president of the Oklahoma City Gun Club for many years and I spent a LOT of my childhood on that property. He and my brother and I were all in the Oklahoma National Guard. I left when I went active duty in the Army. I spent nearly 30 years away and have only started going back recently.

Okie John
Okie from Muskogee?
Posted By: ironbender Re: Oklahoma? - 03/08/24
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: Oklahoma? - 03/08/24
Originally Posted by crshelton
I was born there, but moved to Texas while still in Kindergarten. Been here ever since.

I was born in Tulsa, moved to Texas when I was about 1.5 years old, been here ever since. My Grandfather was proud that he was born in Indian Territory.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Oklahoma? - 03/08/24
Originally Posted by wabigoon

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I have not
Rogers, and Hammerstein didn't wright a musical about Iowa.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Oklahoma? - 03/08/24
Well I never been to heaven.

But I been to Oklahoma.
Posted By: pyscodog Re: Oklahoma? - 03/08/24
Born here, probably die here. Been here 74 years and counting.
Posted By: brokenarra Re: Oklahoma? - 03/08/24
Originally Posted by okie john
My father was president of the Oklahoma City Gun Club for many years and I spent a LOT of my childhood on that property. He and my brother and I were all in the Oklahoma National Guard. I left when I went active duty in the Army. I spent nearly 30 years away and have only started going back recently.

Okie John

Our dads were probably friends. My dad was a charter member when the Gun Club started. He once drove a road grader to Arcadia when they were building roads and backstops on the club property. I also had home movies of the National Guard using dynamite to remove rock to build the bullseye (Conventional/Precision) pistol course. I spent a lot of time in the pit pulling targets on the high power range. I'm still a member of the club but don't compete. I may sight in a rifle at the bench rest targets but I can't give up the membership.
Posted By: ldholton Re: Oklahoma? - 03/08/24
I know parts of Oklahoma pretty well
if I ever moved from Missouri Oklahoma would be one of the first States I would prefer to move to.

probably like Oklahoma Texas then a number 3 would be Kansas if it were not for being politics like it is nowadays (I lived in St John Kansas for awhile several years ago)
the number three instead of Kansas might be Louisiana.
Posted By: Son_of_the_Gael Re: Oklahoma? - 03/08/24

One set of Great Grandparents and one set of Grandparents homesteaded in SW Oklahoma Territory in 1898 and 1900 respectively. Mom and Dad rode out the Dust Bowl when the wimps went to Kalifornia. I've never lived anywhere else, yeah, I guess I qualify as being from the Sooner State.
Posted By: antlers Re: Oklahoma? - 03/08/24
I graduated from Norman High School. And I went to college at OU. When I was younger I’d go up to NE Oklahoma often and float the Illinois River and jump off of those cliffs at Lake Tenkiller. When I was older, I spent a LOT of time in the Wichita Mountains. I love the Wichita Mountains; I’ve hiked and climbed all over em.’ Some of the Charon's Garden Wilderness Area part of the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge is some of the most tortured landscape that I’ve ever seen. Elk Mountain in particular is a pretty special place.
Bud Wilkenson?
Posted By: okie Re: Oklahoma? - 03/08/24
Never heard of it.... grin
Originally Posted by antlers
I graduated from Norman High School. And I went to college at OU. When I was younger I’d go up to NE Oklahoma often and float the Illinois River and jump off of those cliffs at Lake Tenkiller. When I was older, I spent a LOT of time in the Wichita Mountains. I love the Wichita Mountains; I’ve hiked and climbed all over em.’ Some of the Charon's Garden Wilderness Area part of the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge is some of the most tortured landscape that I’ve ever seen. Elk Mountain in particular is a pretty special place.

See the Wichita's every day !!!
Posted By: MartinStrummer Re: Oklahoma? - 03/08/24
Originally Posted by okie

You too?

Live in Cache?
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: Oklahoma? - 03/08/24
Wabi you getting paid to take up space by the dnc with you stupid inane posts?
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer

You too?

Live in Cache?

No I don't live very far from you but I work between Lawton and Cache...
Posted By: Huntz Re: Oklahoma? - 03/08/24
The guys in the 405 got some fast Hotrods!
Posted By: MartinStrummer Re: Oklahoma? - 03/09/24

You too?

Live in Cache?

Nope! I live down by Waurika Lake. On clear days, we can still see Mt. Scott.
Up around Cache is too plains like for my taste. Where we live is more like where I grew up in East Texas.
Posted By: okie john Re: Oklahoma? - 03/11/24
Originally Posted by brokenarra
Originally Posted by okie john

Okie John

Our dads were probably friends. My dad was a charter member when the Gun Club started. He once drove a road grader to Arcadia when they were building roads and backstops on the club property. I also had home movies of the National Guard using dynamite to remove rock to build the bullseye (Conventional/Precision) pistol course. I spent a lot of time in the pit pulling targets on the high power range. I'm still a member of the club but don't compete. I may sight in a rifle at the bench rest targets but I can't give up the membership.

I'd bet they knew each other. My dad was a serious high-power shooter in the OKARNG for many years, and was the senior officer on the team when he left to go work at the Pentagon in the 80s.

If you pulled targets there in the 1970s, then we probably pulled them at the same time. An Explorer pack that specialized in SCUBA had a lock on that work and my brother was a member. I pitched in from time to time.

Okie John
Posted By: okie john Re: Oklahoma? - 03/11/24
Okie from Muskogee?

Pretty close, if Camp Gruber counts.

Okie John
Posted By: OkieShooter Re: Oklahoma? - 03/11/24
Live in deep SE Oklahoma. Not like any other place in Oklahoma
Posted By: okie Re: Oklahoma? - 03/11/24

You too?

Live in Cache?

Nope! I live down by Waurika Lake. On clear days, we can still see Mt. Scott.
Up around Cache is too plains like for my taste. Where we live is more like where I grew up in East Texas.

We are on the Red River west of you...
Posted By: StrayDog Re: Oklahoma? - 03/11/24
I'm the only one in my family that was not born in Oklahoma. Both my Dad and Mom and their parents grew up there. My step-brother lives on his farm in eastern portion near Atoka, and cousin near Bartlesville. Other family have lived in western portion near Duncan, Hobart, and Woodward where I like to hunt.

I like Oklahoma quite a bit. In my opinion it seems a lot like Texas, except a bit more Churchy, and fewer people have moved there from distant places influencing the culture and traditions. Also, the winters are colder and the summers feel just as hot.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Oklahoma? - 03/11/24
Will Rogers?
Posted By: tuskbuster Re: Oklahoma? - 03/11/24
born and raised in comanche county 64 years in this great state
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Oklahoma? - 03/11/24
the first time I drove through Oklahoma I was picturing nothing but plains and grass, boy was I surprised when I drove through the eastern part of the state.
We have fenceposts from Oklahoma.
Was part of True Grit filmed in Oklahoma?
Posted By: okie Re: Oklahoma? - 03/11/24
No
Posted By: Brokenarrow Re: Oklahoma? - 03/11/24
Yessir, Lot's of good people in small town Western Oklahoma. The kind of people that come together to help others, even strangers without expecting anything in return.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Oklahoma? - 03/11/24
1959-1962 my dad was stationed at Tinker AFB and we lived in Midwest City. Good times, all the way around. Then we went to Guam. Different place, but the place was epic! I miss them both.

I went squirrel hunting one day just east of Midwest City....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Another day during a visit to Dodge City.

One of my playgrounds on Guam

That danged island was ELECTRIFYING!
Posted By: Tide_Change Re: Oklahoma? - 03/11/24
We have fenceposts from Oklahoma.

Fascinating. Got any pictures?
Posted By: BOBBALEE Re: Oklahoma? - 03/12/24
Some toe licking going on there.
Posted By: Brokenarrow Re: Oklahoma? - 03/12/24
Originally Posted by tuskbuster
born and raised in comanche county 64 years in this great state

I was born in Lawton, spent my younger years in Medicine Park. Still have family in the Park, my dad was raised there. Growing up in Comanche County I'm sure you spent a little time at Craterville, Lord I've heard some wild stories about that place. That was before my time but I do remember going to Eagle Park.
Posted By: rem shooter Re: Oklahoma? - 03/12/24
as a kid in the late 60's .dad took us kids to Frontier City amusment park in Oklahoma City
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Oklahoma? - 03/12/24
Been there, done that!
Posted By: LRoyJetson Re: Oklahoma? - 03/12/24
Oklahoma is OK.
© 24hourcampfire