Home
Posted By: DigitalDan The Sting - 03/11/24
Just watched it again for the second time. First was a LONG time ago. Great movie it is.

[Linked Image from y.yarn.co]
Posted By: sactoller Re: The Sting - 03/11/24
Great movie, watch it at least once a year.
Posted By: jimone Re: The Sting - 03/11/24
The Great Waldo Pepper is another good one, Frank Talman did the stunt flying.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: The Sting - 03/11/24
Yes.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: The Sting - 03/11/24
Great movie. There's another good one making the rounds on streaming apps called Charley Varik, with Walter Matthau.
Posted By: BOBBALEE Re: The Sting - 03/11/24
I remember that it was spoken well of, maybe got some awards, but don't recall ever seeing it. If it hits Roku or Tubi I will try to watch it.
Posted By: bluefish Re: The Sting - 03/11/24
Great film . Shaw as always was excellent.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: The Sting - 03/11/24
I've heard that there's sequel to the Sting but I don't know the name. I guess that Lonnegan finds out who stung him and goes after them. Has anyone else heard about it?
Posted By: AKCHOPPER Re: The Sting - 03/11/24
Great Actor and a very generous Man.
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: The Sting - 03/11/24
Originally Posted by jimone

My Dad and I met Frank Tallman and his wife in the airport terminal in Reno in 1975. He had flown his Grumman J2F Duck in an afternoon aerobatic display. I'm guessing somebody else flew his Duck away from Reno Stead Airport because they were catching a commercial flight.
Posted By: 257_X_50 Re: The Sting - 03/11/24
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I've heard that there's sequel to the Sting but I don't know the name. I guess that Lonnegan finds out who stung him and goes after them. Has anyone else heard about it?

The sting 2……1983
Posted By: 257_X_50 Re: The Sting - 03/11/24
Originally Posted by jimone

Very good. NO CGI.

They had them wing walking for real
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: The Sting - 03/11/24
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

You just brought up the big problem I have with the movie. Twenty people were in on the con. Lonnegan is no fool. He is going to find out what really happened, and payback would be very bad news especially for Robert Redford.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: The Sting - 03/11/24
Another in the same vein is “A Big Hand For the Little Lady”, a Western.
Posted By: DouginNWPa Re: The Sting - 03/11/24
"Big hand for the little lady" is a great movie.
Posted By: hanco Re: The Sting - 03/11/24
Very good movie
Posted By: 7mmbuster Re: The Sting - 03/11/24
Definitely one of my favorites. It’s been so long since I’ve seen Sting II that I can’t remember anything about it except Terry Garr. She’s another actress who I always thought was very attractive.
“Charley Varrick” is another good one, and “Big Hand For The Little Lady” is top notch.
Great cast and a wonderful story!
Reon
© 24hourcampfire