Home
…is the French bulldog, at least among some demographics. A relative has one….

Can’t mate without being held up in place, can’t give birth except by c-section. Priced accordingly.

Nice enough, gentle enough for kids, housebroke, tries hard to be a dog despite physical limitations. Can’t take heat, gurgles and hums a lot, not good at long walks. Does bark at strangers at least, retrieves thrown dog toys.

Doesn’t seem fair to the dog to breed ‘em to look like that.
Dummycraps- - - - -they're all sons of beeyotches! And- - - - -the family resemblance is obvious!
You forgot the exhorbitant vet bills due to hydrocephaly, respiratory and skin conditions.
Would those demographics be middle class white women?

I only ask because they fugg up everything they get ahold of.

Exceptions of course....but nearly every time you see something really terrible....a middle class white woman was behind it.
My girlfriend got a French-ten/ton a few months ago. She paid a lot (I think) for that gassy bastard 😆.

Heck a guy can go snag a rez dog for cheap these days. It would be a cold day in h3ll before I paid over a grand for a dog. Unless it was a great working breed dog .
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Exceptions of course....but nearly every time you see something really terrible....a middle class white woman was behind it.

You have no idea. My University Neighborhood is full of them. They are good for property values though.
My vet makes a living off them type dog
They are cute little dogs, but that's been about my only observation with them. They do have a lot of health-related issues.

I'd much rather have their slightly larger cousin, the Staffordshire Bull Terrier. I've been around one a fair bit, as a local family had a 30-35lb female for 13-14 years. She was great with kids and super intelligent, went to work with them and hung out in their little retail store in town. I think they paid over $1k for her as a pup back in the mid 2000's but she was a great dog.

Typical example:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I always get a kick out of it when people say.....but she is great with kid!.....

Why not have a dog that you don't have to tell people that bit of info every time?

Just curious.
I was put in the hospital by a Cocker Spaniel at 4 years old, so "great with kids" is my #1 requirement.
Can't really concern myself too much with dogs other folks choose to spend their time with as long as they keep them in their yard and not chewing on anyone...

Coach potato, lazy ass dog probably fits the lifestyle of the majority of folks much better than the GSP that goes bat shit crazy because its crated 10 hours a day, let outside twice, and walked around the block every other Wednesday.
Originally Posted by JPro
I was put in the hospital by a Cocker Spaniel at 4 years old, so "great with kids" is my #1 requirement.

Upland dogs in my experience seem to be a crap shoot.

Anything with a high prey drive is suspect.
Little yap-dogs are a crap shoot too, I think. One of my daughters was bitten in the face by a babystitter's Yorkie and we were lucky her eyebrow took the worst of it, as it was very close to her eyeball. I was also bitten in the face as a middle schooler by a black/white Border Collie, which I thought were supposed to be relatively friendly dogs. I've gotten to where I don't truly trust any dog just on looks/breed alone. I've seen some mean-ass Labradors too, which isn't common but does happen.

The Disney movie Lady and the Tramp ruined the Cocker Spaniel breed. Any breed that becomes popular from a movie ends up getting ruined.

Had a friend with a Cocker. When she got pregnant I told her to get rid of the dog. She refused, said the dog would never hurt anyone. Dog went after the baby when she was 8 months old, just out of the blue (which happened to be the dog's name). It was gone that day. I didn't say I told you so.
The Madonna demographic.

Didn’t some of hers get stolen?
I don't think I've ever seen one around here. Lotta hounds, labs, shepherds and pits.
Lickly mixed breed.
Little yap-dogs are a crap shoot too, I think. One of my daughters was bitten in the face by a babystitter's Yorkie and we were lucky her eyebrow took the worst of it, as it was very close to her eyeball. I was also bitten in the face as a middle schooler by a black/white Border Collie, which I thought were supposed to be relatively friendly dogs. I've gotten to where I don't truly trust any dog just on looks/breed alone. I've seen some mean-ass Labradors too, which isn't common but does happen.

Only dog I was ever bitten by was a Yorkshire.
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Can't really concern myself too much with dogs other folks choose to spend their time with as long as they keep them in their yard and not chewing on anyone...

Coach potato, lazy ass dog probably fits the lifestyle of the majority of folks much better than the GSP that goes bat shit crazy because its crated 10 hours a day, let outside twice, and walked around the block every other Wednesday.
Getting a dog, any dog and forcing it to live in a crate for half it's life is just plain wrong. If that's your situation, don't get a dog in the first place.
I ain't buying that. My neighbor has 3 of them but she is strange as chit Karen anyway. Not a hunting dog, butt ugly sob's, totally worthless pos. You asked.mb
My Pitt, lab boxer mix is the best. She is 5 and can run like a cheetah
I like shelties.
I've been a fan since I first discovered the breed back in 1988 at an all-breed AKC dog show in southern Florida. I had never seen one before, had no idea such a dog existed, and then I was amongst dozens of them under the French Bulldog tent. Super cool little dogs.
Damn beagles can be biters too, I'll stick to gold fish in a bowl.....flush em when I go on vacation.
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Damn beagles can be biters too, I'll stick to gold fish in a bowl.....flush em when I go on vacation.
You’re a Golden Doodle kinda gal.
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
I'll stick to gold fish in a bowl.....flush em when I go on vacation.

That’s why I like cats.
A dead pit bull is my favorite .

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Dachshunds
The front end looks like the back end, how do you tell its coming when called?
Originally Posted by champlain_islander

Bassett-Lab mix here. Little guy is the world's greatest chick magnet. Wish I'd had him in my single days.
Originally Posted by JeffyD
Originally Posted by champlain_islander

Bassett-Lab mix here. Little guy is the world's greatest chick magnet. Wish I'd had him in my single days.
Females of all ages can't resist fawning over our little Pom-Chi.. I've never seen such a chick magnet.

Fits right in, woke women today are forgoing marriage and children, they get dogs and cats and call them “fur babies” as if they were actual kids.

I don’t hold the dog’s appearance against it but damn it looks like someone tried to create a dog that looks like a White baby. I’m sure they come in black and brown too for the extra woke.
I'm on my second Boston Terrier, great dogs! Dachshunds are also good dogs!
Anyone raise dogs?
So...useless.
The talking dog joke?
When my MIL passed we took in her Boston Bull terrier. Annie was the most obnoxious dog I've ever known. Grunting and snorting all the time and farts that would peel paint. I was glad when the damned thing finally died.
French bulldogs are kinda cute but they are like having a happy little retard.
Every time I read a thread like this I think to myself “thank goodness for the VDD.
They can have their little farting couch potato dogs, I'll keep my Lab.

Originally Posted by viking
My girlfriend got a French-ten/ton a few months ago. She paid a lot (I think) for that gassy bastard 😆.

Heck a guy can go snag a rez dog for cheap these days. It would be a cold day in h3ll before I paid over a grand for a dog. Unless it was a great working breed dog .

#rezdogs

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Rez dogs rule!!

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
I spent my 31 years of working life with the phone company. Been in and out of a thousand yards, houses and ranch compounds installing, repairing rural telephone service. Ive encountered just about every breed imaginable, in the house, under the porch or in the barn and the only sonofabitch that ever really bit me good was a Boston terrier, I loathe those little bastids.
Around here it would be Labs and Pit Bulls.
We picked Molly out of the pound at 3 months old. She’s off the reserve. Staffordshire, GSP, Belgium Shepard so says the DNA test. She likes junk food and watching hockey on TV. Not fancy enough for those who pay thousands on pure breeds. But perfect for us. Good girl.

Mutt's rule..

Last night's party...lol

I'll keep my Danes.
GSD
Where are all these French Bulldogs supposed to be found? I rarely see those anywhere. In fact, I can’t recall seeing one in a few years. Seems most around here are those damned doodle dogs. Maybe it’s my demographic. I don’t know any liberal white women.

I absolutely need to mind my Border Collie mix when he’s around kids. Doesn’t help that my 15 year old son absolutely loves winding him up. Like he’s not already a self winding dog…
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
…is the French bulldog, at least among some demographics. A relative has one….

Can’t mate without being held up in place, can’t give birth except by c-section. Priced accordingly.

Nice enough, gentle enough for kids, housebroke, tries hard to be a dog despite physical limitations. Can’t take heat, gurgles and hums a lot, not good at long walks. Does bark at strangers at least, retrieves thrown dog toys.

Doesn’t seem fair to the dog to breed ‘em to look like that.

I have a patient who is a seasoned canine trainer. Says French Bulldogs today should be avoided at all costs. Says males are especially aggressive towards other dogs and cannot be reigned in. Says something funky is going on with American breeders in that this hyper aggressiveness has popped up over the last 10 years.
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley

I absolutely need to mind my Border Collie mix when he’s around kids. Doesn’t help that my 15 year old son absolutely loves winding him up. Like he’s not already a self winding dog…

Worst I ever heard a kid get tore up was from a border collie.

High drive stock dog. Never been around kids.

Honestly it's hard to blame the dog. Rancher should have damn well known better.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by viking

#rezdogs

What's yer dilldog in jail for cuzzin?
20 minutes ago
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]image post
Looks like a good time. Border collies are great if you have something for them to do. Surprised you don’t have winter hanging around. Snowed a couple days ago and looks like it’s going to again tonight. Nice thrower too. Got the same one in the garage with the wobbler on it.
Originally Posted by Mbogo2106
Every time I read a thread like this I think to myself “thank goodness for the VDD.

+1+

Don't own a VDD but some of the canine being bred should be considered animal cruelty .... when they can't breath, can't move about normally .... then these breeders ought be brought up on animal cruelty charges. Of course the AKC sanctions this nonsense.
What's yer dilldog in jail for cuzzin?

Jim, that is the world's most expensive rez dog that is still recovering from having one of her hip sockets removed.
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Dummycraps- - - - -they're all sons of beeyotches! And- - - - -the family resemblance is obvious!
LOL
Male yellow lab.
We are partial to Airedales
We are digging our Corgi a lot. What a fun little buddy to have around the house!

And cabin:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]screen shots

Originally Posted by Wannabebwana

The Disney movie Lady and the Tramp ruined the Cocker Spaniel breed. Any breed that becomes popular from a movie ends up getting ruined.

Had a friend with a Cocker. When she got pregnant I told her to get rid of the dog. She refused, said the dog would never hurt anyone. Dog went after the baby when she was 8 months old, just out of the blue (which happened to be the dog's name). It was gone that day. I didn't say I told you so.

Cockers became popular back in the '40s when I was a kid, and some were snappy little bastids. Neighbor's bit me.

English Springers for us, hunters and family pets. Our current 10 y/o will be our last; we're too old to properly care for another who might outlive us. Our girl has cancer, vet, oncologist, gave her a month to a year. It's been four months and no obvious symptoms. Just on a NSAID. Total sweetheart. Taking it one day at a time, each is a blessing.
Neighbor's daughter is a college-certified dog trainer. She's presently boarding/training a French Bulldog...Bently. The Yuppies who own her spent $5,000 on him and another $4,000 for training. I'll stick with my little rescue Dachshunds.
Remember the flood of Dalmations after the movie 101 Dalmations? Lots of behavioral issues due to rampant breeding.
Originally Posted by Biebs
Remember the flood of Dalmations after the movie 101 Dalmations? Lots of behavioral issues due to rampant breeding.

And German Shepherds after "The Littlest Hobo" and cockapoos after the first Benji movie.
Molly, Australian Shepard, she was a sweetheart.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I bet a French bulldog can’t hunt all day for grouse and then start all over again the next day.

It's one of the breeds no airline will let you fly with too.
I've owned beagles for nearly 50 years, the one previous to my current year old male was a pugle. I used to call him my brown beagle, most intelligent dog I've ever owned.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
…is the French bulldog…

I find this very hard to believe.

But the google machine says it’s so. Must be true…
Well, I took the photos of the dog down in case I plan on freeloading at their house again in the future grin

Anyhoo….. here’s my two mutts who delivered themselves to my street, free of charge. Congenial companions and Grade A chick magnets. Cleburne also stalled some guy from just walking in my open front door at 4am one morning 😎

#westsideSAstrays

Originally Posted by RAS
I bet a French bulldog can’t hunt all day for grouse and then start all over again the next day.

You said it brother!!

Originally Posted by Rooster7
We are digging our Corgi a lot. What a fun little buddy to have around the house!

And cabin:

Ha!! So that's where that comes from. Pic # 3. We had a rat terrier/corgi mix. Great little dog that was smart as a whip and looked a lot like a terrier but was a bit stocky with a coat more like a corgi and layed just like yours with his back legs straight out.
Originally Posted by ShadeTree

And cabin:

Ha!! So that's where that comes from. Pic # 3. We had a rat terrier/corgi mix. Great little dog that was smart as a whip and looked a lot like a terrier but was a bit stocky with a coat more like a corgi and layed just like yours with his back legs straight out.

Haha the first time I seen her do that, I seriously laughed out loud.

And cabin:

My Corgi does it too.

One thing for sure Jim,

Poor white wimmins ain't buying them unless they're selling their EBT cards for drugs and then flipping them for cash to buy a Frenchie.
Originally Posted by Triggernosis

And cabin:

My Corgi does it too.

Awesome dogs!

Do you have any advice on the shedding? That is the only thing I can't stand. F'n dog hair. Everywhere!
© 24hourcampfire