Home
Posted By: Higginez The Blues on a Saturday night - 03/17/24
Originally Posted by Higginez

I was there.
Originally Posted by Craigster

I was there.

Very cool!
Ain’t nobody that can sing the blues like Hank Williams Jr. I love that man!
I can tell you from experience that he can put on a heckuva show!
I think this is one of his best, but “he’s gotta string of hits about 2 miles long”
I know he said that about Waylon, but still!😀
Mr Weather Man
Reon
Geno posted tis here just a week or so back, dug it, big time.

Love me some Mike Bloomfield and John Mayall. I was a fan way back in my HS days - mid 60’s. Still can hear Killing Floor. Love blues guitar and harp players always have. They had a lots of great guests and members in their band. Helped me get thru some bad nights while in a nursing home recovering from Covid. I had the blues.
Originally Posted by Stickfight

I was there.
Originally Posted by Stickfight

I was there.

cool
My God, can Beth heart sing.
I wasn't there but I did see him play in a small theater setting 25 or so years later:

I never got to see Big Walter

Posted By: EdM Re: The Blues on a Saturday night - 03/17/24
I did see Mr Piazza and his band about the time this video was made, in a small club. And he actually took his mic and harp out the door and onto the sidewalk outside. It was a good show.

Y'all have fun, I gotta go watch HOCKEY
1980's was the best time to see the Last of the Great Black Blues Greats while still able to perform near top form even if for just a few sets. Glad I lived close to the Bay back then.

Here somewhere in that crazy sweaty mess.

Originally Posted by FatCity67
1980's was the best time to see the Last of the Great Black Blues Greats while still able to perform near top form even if for just a few sets. Glad I lived close to the Bay back then.

Indeed.
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by FatCity67

Indeed.

The amount of venues from hole in the wall joints, stadiums to amphitheaters these Musical Greats played at back then will never be match again in NorCal.
The Concord Pavilion was five miles from my house. Bill is missed.
Posted By: DMc Re: The Blues on a Saturday night - 03/17/24
Posted By: DMc Re: The Blues on a Saturday night - 03/17/24
© 24hourcampfire