Home
I’m leaving for Weirgate Texas this weekend. I’m gonna look for a second stand location, set pig trap, drink some beer. I’ll come back in time tomorrow evening to take wifey to dancehall. I doubt if I’ll do much Sunday.
Tonight - nothing
Tomorrow - Put deposit down on beer trailer for wedding, watch my brother in the WI State Foosball Championships and then we're doing a dinner with friends.
Sunday - Work round the house.
Dead battery in the 17 Silverado. Which means I will have to partially disassemble the damn thing and need a dozen metric sockets to do so, before I can pry the friggin battery out. 🤬
Today: errands, workout, make dinner for my gal and sit with her on the patio with a drink of some kind

Tomorrow: go see the Air Force Thunderbirds show at Luke Air Force base. Grill steaks in the evening, then hang out on the patio with a drink of some kind. Might turn on a movie - haven’t done that in months.

Sunday: church and go on a hike. Make something yummy for dinner. Maybe work in the garden. Maybe a movie.
Originally Posted by auk1124
Dead battery in the 17 Silverado. Which means I will have to partially disassemble the damn thing and need a dozen metric sockets to do so, before I can pry the friggin battery out. 🤬
Dont dilly around and miss that clearance down at the Big Lots.

garlic stuffed olives, 45cent a jar
Originally Posted by slumlord

If they have a sale on weird eastern European mustard in little glass jars, I'm in.
Supposed to be a monsoon tomorrow good time to catch up on luvin😍plan to smoke some ribs Sunday
Originally Posted by slumlord

If they have a sale on weird eastern European mustard in little glass jars, I'm in.

The with bird seed mixed in?

And get some expired Martindale apple fizzie
Mount scope on new turkey shotgun and see how it patterns

Drink beers and watch NCAA
Go visit 9 month old Grandson and youngest daughter.
Ask a little nicer David, and I'd tell you. cool
Headed to lease tonight after work.
Tomorrow we're gonna reroof the 12x24 cook shack and repaint it.
Landowners joining us for dinner and drinks tomorrow evening, got 6 1 1/2 inch thick ribeyes on ice.
Have a 5x6 box stand on a 10 foot platform we need to level, front of it has sunk about 1 1/2 inches over the last 3 years.
Put a solar panel on a couple of feeders while we're down there.
New to me AR to zero while we're there as well.
Hanco: Good luck on getting a new spot to Hunt!
I will do some ice fishing and some shooting (wind has diminished) take in a movie show and also a music concert at the local college.
Ranch estate sale coming up so will be busy trying to get that in as well.
Again good luck on the Hunt scouting.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Drink, watch baseball and basketball and possibly a range trip.
Probably stay out of the wind and rain, maybe get some indoor type work done. Continue exercises on the shoulder.

Mostly hang out here and see what kind of meanness slumlord can come up with.

And of course, try to keep up with the news reports..................scoops if you will.
Gonna go chase stripers on the river after work.
Dirt bikes this weekend
Sunday Riding our sleds (snowmobiles) from lake Louise to maclaren lodge. About 65-70 miles one way. Should be a great day for riding. Doing it on WT and SWT, 7 of us going.
Originally Posted by Teal
Tonight - nothing
Tomorrow - Put deposit down on beer trailer for wedding, watch my brother in the WI State Foosball Championships and then we're doing a dinner with friends.
Sunday - Work round the house.

Hot Damn - little brother just let me know he won the Expert Mixed Doubles title.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I am doing some volunteer work at a kayak fishing rodeo tomorrow. Sunday is going to be cloudy and windy. Probably do something low key with the wife.
Shooting prairie dogs with my grandson.
Liquidating a massive warehouse in Midlothian, VA...

Carpentry shop... with the machine shop in the back...

Probably.
I gotta go get diesel in the morning after I fill all my equipment up, then pay for a whole chitload of steel I bought at an estate sale....

Bunch of angle iron up to 4", pipe from 2 3/8 up to 4", lots of I beam, etc. It'll probably be more than I can get in 2 trailer loads on my 20' heavy equipment trailer... eek

Gonna have to take my skid steer and pallet forks over there just to load it all.

Gave them $200 for the lot.

You need some steel David? wink Come get some. I'll never use it all. Ever. Not with me just doing ranch welding and small jobs. I don't fabricate like I used to.

Then in the afternoon, I have to attend the Republican convention for the county to relay my delegates for the state convention.
Going to a big gun show with a couple of buddy's, and lunch Saturday, spend Sunday with the wife!
Fixing the backstop at the range and:

Clearing old fence row for new fence for the cows. Keeping wood for heating.
Wife says grass is out of control, I should mow. HA HA. I don't mow on weekends or Monday's .

If the first mow of the year clumps & windrows,,, so be it.

Otherwise, load shells, drink beer, watch Gunsmoke.
Headed to deer camp early tomorrow to help work on finishing the new cabin. After working all day tomorrow I will probably rest on Sunday.
Shoveling snow if the weather mans is correct!
Originally Posted by Heym06
How much they predicting for you folks?

Little to no accumulation here they say. Probably get dumped on instead.
Eating seafood, drinking beer and pissing off commies.
Looks like I'll be taking the pup out to do his business in the pouring rain for the umpteenth time this year.
We don't have passing showers any more, we get pounded for hours.

I think I'm growing gills.
Did some climbing and hiking on Wednesday, Thursday, and today. I’ll do more climbing and hiking tomorrow. Sunday I’ll go back to work for three consecutive 12 hour shifts in the ER.
Groceries, oil change, ak range time with the wife. Life’s good!

Originally Posted by jaguartx

That's nice
Triggered a hot grease and sliced onion smell
in my brain just looking at the picture
I’m taking my wife up to Lopez Island in the San Juan islands for a couple nights. My buddy and his wife are up from Arizona and they have a beautiful big log cabin on the water. The whales are showing up around our island here so they should be getting common again in the San Juan’s. We’re going to do a lot of relaxing and catching up with great friends.
I have a 2017. I feel your pain. Crazy how they buried that battery. Especially when there is a perfectly good spot for it on the drivers side where they have a place for an auxiliary battery. Its probably not that hard to swap out the battery if you have done 50 of them but the first time is a real pain especially if your somewhere other than next to your tool box.
Getting packed up and my truck ready for my Easter trip. I’m driving from SWFL to North Carolina then after easter driving over to my cabin in Alabama to grab my generator and get mothballed for the summer. Then back down to SWFL for the long summer.
Weather dictates when I take my weekends these days. I try to get down to the farm once a week, but last week the weekend started on Tuesday, and it will probably start on Sunday this week. It'll be 47 today, but 68F on Monday.

Until I leave, I'm working in the Shamanic Secret Underground Reloading Facility. I am getting ready to run 44 Mag on the Hornady LNL Auto-Progressive. I also had a RCBS Lube-a-matic fall into my lap, and I'm getting the bench ready to accept it. If it gets warm enough, I may cast some 44 SWCs.

I've been dickin' around with cast bullets for 15 years, and I've tried tumble lubing and pan lubing and finally decided that they create more mess than success. My goal right now is to come up with a suitable cast load for taking a deer with my new Rossi model 92.
Replacing a pump in a stock water well.
Riding snowmobiles in northern NH.
Taking ibuprofin...mostly.. frown
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Couple inches Saturday night, last night it just rained and was windy. More later in the week. I think the weather man is off on this front by a day or two.
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
I have a 2017. I feel your pain. Crazy how they buried that battery. Especially when there is a perfectly good spot for it on the drivers side where they have a place for an auxiliary battery. Its probably not that hard to swap out the battery if you have done 50 of them but the first time is a real pain especially if your somewhere other than next to your tool box.
Would it not make sense to put your main battery where the auxiliary spot is???

Especially assuming one does not use that spot for its intended purpose????

Couple inches Saturday night, last night it just rained and was windy. More later in the week. I think the weather man is off on this front by a day or two.
Same here. Seems like typical high desert spring weather. Might rain, might snow, might just be cloudy.

I hung my shower towel out to dry last night, figured it might get a rinse or it might get dry. Will smell nice either way.
Making these spot welder electrodes for a customer, today anyway. No work on Sunday.
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

It would take more modification than I would take on. There is a battery junction box that mounts on top of the battery. Quite a few cables and wiring might need to be moved. So its not just a matter of lengthening the battery cables. Its a real piece of work.
Supervising my son mow grass.
I'm quality control.

Got the disc fixed
Passing through KY on our way down to Orlando for the week. Last year we drove each way in the dark. It’s been cool seeing everything green up and especially the dogwood come to bloom starting just north of Cincinnati through KY.
In Pomona Calif for NHRA Winternationals. Ran into Tony Stewart yesterday also Zach from "mountainsmulletsmerica" long distance shooting YouTube channel. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Been taking turns with dad in the hospital. He had some stents put in the other day and hasn’t stopped bleeding. He started getting real dizzy and wasn’t “all the way there”. Took him to the ER Thursday, and we are still here.

It would take more modification than I would take on. There is a battery junction box that mounts on top of the battery. Quite a few cables and wiring might need to be moved. So its not just a matter of lengthening the battery cables. Its a real piece of work.
Yikes.

And I thought Ford had all the better ideas.
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
Been taking turns with dad in the hospital. He had some stents put in the other day and hasn’t stopped bleeding. He started getting real dizzy and wasn’t “all the way there”. Took him to the ER Thursday, and we are still here.
Hoping for a good outcome soon for dad.
Doncha just love them 'engineers' who design that idiocy?
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
Hoping for a good outcome soon for dad.

Just found out he has diverticulitis on top of this. Probably part of the bleeding.
Finishing up the wiring at Cuzes cabin in Nahma.
Originally Posted by Redneck
Doncha just love them 'engineers' who design that idiocy?

It is my sincere hope that whatever rotten sack of shìt came up with that bright idea for battery placement, has to spend an eternity replacing Silverado batteries.
Every mechanical engineer should be required to spend 2 years with the workers who use of their product, and 2 more with the repair folks, before they are allowed NEAR a pencil.
^^ That should apply to all design professionals, architects, and all types of engineers.
Thinking workers should spend two years with those that design and repair the products.
Got my Honda SxS loaded on the trailer ready to go. I'm slowly getting packed to spend a few weeks at the cabin. Hoping the fish are biting.
© 24hourcampfire