Home
Posted By: slumlord Pasty Cline?? - 03/25/24
my you tube is br9ken today
Posted By: BOBBALEE Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/25/24
I wish she could be recorded with newer technology equipment. Even the old stuff picked up the voice quality that was amazing.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/25/24
She was born a c9al miners daughter

[Linked Image from nypost.com]
Posted By: Boarmaster123 Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/25/24
Originally Posted by auk1124
She was born a c9al miners daughter

[Linked Image from nypost.com]
I didnt know she knew George Bush Sr….
Posted By: Riverc Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/25/24
Originally Posted by slumlord
Posted By: Crash_Pad Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/25/24
Linda Ronstadt does very respectful covers of Patsy Cline.
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/25/24
Crazy, After midnight
Posted By: slumlord Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/25/24
Originally Posted by Riverc
Oh my

Thanks for being a RUBE and interacting with me. I need “old man attention”.

Can everyone follow me to the Military , the Rural Living and Cooking forums. ? I’ve really taken a giant shît in those.

LOL
Posted By: MartinStrummer Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/25/24
Gretchen Wilson also does an amazing Patsy Cline.
I shoukd start a religious thread and Alan C aka Happy Camper can call me on the phone.
Posted By: TheKid Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/25/24
Me and Pastry’s daddy used to pheasant hunt together. I asked her to the social once and she gave me an old fashioned on the rumble seat after.
Originally Posted by TheKid
Me and Pastry’s daddy used to pheasant hunt together. I asked her to the social once and she gave me an old fashioned on the rumble seat after.

That must have aftor she stop by my latrnene guard hut at fort lenerd wood and gave me my first handy.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/25/24

Made me do an inner LOL

Back when mom was alive her brother would send me emails for her, he always added:

"your moms email is apparently still broken-per her, please print and give to her"
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/25/24

That must have aftor she stop by my latrnene guard hut at fort lenerd wood and gave me my first handy.
whts a ha9dy?
Posted By: tndrbstr Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/25/24
Keep tehm coming good folks
Originally Posted by Valsdad

whts a ha9dy?
Oh yuo knoew

slappen the salammi

sl9mming the ham
Posted By: Godogs57 Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/25/24
My Mt Rushmore of female singers:

Patsy
Linda Ronstadt
Karen Carpenter
Patty Loveless
Originally Posted by Valsdad

whts a ha9dy?
Oh yuo knoew

slappen the salammi

sl9mming the ham
I don't think they toght that at the church sc9ule
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/25/24
LOL🤣🤣
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/25/24
Tarnation!
Posted By: LRoyJetson Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/25/24
Been to he Rainbow Road Club more times than I can remember whistle
(originally Orchard Inn where Patsy got her start)

Tearing it down to widen the damn road. mad
Posted By: hillestadj Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/25/24
Any cattel pics scrumloard?'/
Posted By: LRoyJetson Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/25/24
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer

Leeland Ryhmmes also.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Tarnation!

Hellfar!
Posted By: Cecil56 Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/25/24
My Mother used to love her when I was a kid.
Posted By: Beretta_Shooter916 Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/25/24
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer

Musta been before she waz our w9nderful g9vernor
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Keep tehm coming good folks
Posted By: Santiam Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/25/24
One of my favorite Patsy songs
Originally Posted by hillestadj
I only h9ve pitchers of my dullard looking missing chr9mozone cattles caked in manure

I wish my cattles looked as good as big jim and big sam, free ranging and stuff

I have 129 cattles in a 100x100 pen rite ouwtside my kitchin windows. We dont mine a few flys in ppeech cobbler
Theese are PRIME, ,. the crap caked to em adds weaight on at the scale

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by hillestadj
I only h9ve pitchers of my dullard looking missing chr9mozone cattles caked in manure

I wish my cattles looked as good as big jim and big sam, free ranging and stuff

I have 129 cattles in a 100x100 pen rite ouwtside my kitchin windows. We dont mine a few flys in ppeech cobbler

Oh i make a dubble post
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/25/24
Crazy, written by Willie Nelson.
Posted By: 7mmbuster Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/25/24
Beverly DeAngelo portrayed Patsy in the movie Coal Miners Daughter about Loretta Lynn.
Both she and Sissy Spacek as Loretta, sang for the film.
I think Beverly was not only very pretty, but when she sang “Sweet Dreams, it was almost like she was Channeling Patsy [
It’s gotta be the best cover I ever heard from an actress.

I don’t know why, but sometimes I can embed a video clip on here, other times I can’t and I gotta put it on a link.
Reon
i wushed we havted a cattles sectshion belowe the millitery forum

AAand a pasty clines and walterd brnnen
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/25/24
She was great.
Gone way to soon
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
Beverly DeAngelo portrayed Patsy in the movie Coal Miners Daughter about Loretta Lynn.
Both she and Sissy Spacek as Loretta, sang for the film.
I think Beverly was not only very pretty, but when she sang “Sweet Dreams, it was almost like she was Channeling Patsy [
It’s gotta be the best cover I ever heard from an actress.

I don’t know why, but sometimes I can embed a video clip on here, other times I can’t and I gotta put it on a link.
Reon
she show her tittys in that shower movie on their vacashion
Posted By: Mohall57 Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/25/24
Lorreta Lynn was the coal miners daughter not Patsy, I think Patsy had the best voice of all, can’t imagine what she may have accomplished had she lived a full life expectancy.
Posted By: jmp300wsm Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/25/24
I heard she was a chain smokin hard charging broad!
Posted By: RUM7 Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/25/24

Cow shet es nataral gud frend.
Weev had the same beedr bull for 6 generatens. Sometimes they luk funy. One luks like Gilbert.
Patsy was very close to both Loretta, and also Dottie West.
A week before her fatal crash, she told Dottie that she had survived two vehicle crashes, and she knew that another would be her last. I guise she had a premonition. She gave Dottie her photo album.
I don’t know what became of it, and Dottie, Loretta, and Patsy are singing together in heaven.
That’s a concert I am really looking forward to!😀
robney has a special note to get him out of hamburder service just like me whin i avoided the draft
9ou all nkow that I a 9m write he9e sseing this!

Wa9igoon, your fr9end
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/25/24
I have been to her grave site in Winchester VA she and some other famous country singer "I can't remember who" is also buried there.
Shenandoah Memorial Park
Originally Posted by Godogs57
My Mt Rushmore of female singers:

Patsy
Linda Ronstadt
Karen Carpenter
Patty Loveless
Replace Linda, with Reba. You have a start!
Originally Posted by Raeford
9ou all nkow that I a 9m write he9e sseing this!

Wa9igoon, your fr9end
Him an9d varmimt fingers are flabbergastationed
Posted By: RUM7 Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/25/24

Icant f9nd handy with the googl. Plees esplain more gud frend.
Originally Posted by Cecil56
My Mother used to love her when I was a kid.
I think my Old Man had a crush on Patsy. ( I have already admitted that I do) I He loved to listen to her and Johnny Cash.
He got an old in home stereo at an auction, and I brought it home for him and set it up in the corner of the garage.😀
We’d be out there wrenching on something and singing along!😀
Mom had a thing for Charley Rich. She wore a 8 track completely out, and Carol and I Bought another one.
Growing up I was bombarded with Classic Country. I still love to listen to it.
Wish I knew where those albums got to.
Posted By: 66Block Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/25/24
I like the Wilburn Brothers on the RFD Chsnnel. They have a lot of hood music on there.
Originally Posted by 66Block
I like the Wilburn Brothers on the RFD Chsnnel. They have a lot of hood music on there.
mee to
My mama had a chiwawa, it's name was Charlie Pride. When my little brother chased him, he up and died.
Originally Posted by 66Block
mee to
"hood music"?

Like them black fellers and Megan The Stallion are makin' nowadays?
lol
you dont know who meghan three stallion is any more than three 6 mafia

🤣
lol
you dont know who meghan three stallion is any more than three 6 mafia

🤣
I seed her (?) on the Staturdey Night li9e show

Sang some nasty song, had to turn back to the Wagon Train channel.
And you give me a raft of crap for putting an extra n in Hunley!😀😀😀
Did you write it all down on your little tiny old man top left pocket spiral notepad ?

😃😂
😀 No.
And phuq you very much!😀

I h9pe you “get it”

Wabitard intentionally misspells and includes numbers all just to get Old Man attention.
At f9rt lenerd wool we calldt it Rati9n of Crap

lol

raft works too
My you tube is working again6

thakns all
Up

my you tube is br8ken again

thanks frend
Wunder how many pieces she fell into when tha plane crashed 🤔
I was wondering what the deal was with the number 9 everywhere. Were you here when we had a guy called Muley Stalker who always posted in “mountain speak”? By far the most aggravating thing you tried to read, no one could make sense of it, and most everyone quit trying.
I guess he finally went away.😟
I’m here because I for the most part enjoy the discussions. I try not to get involved in whizzing contest, I have better things to do.
With that said…
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Come on Earlybird, you know better than that! Very crude and tasteless. And at the price of someone who I Have loved all my life!
Show a little class. I know you well enough to know you can.😟
Posted By: gunzo Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/25/24
My brokedown boomer ears tell me this gal does the best Patsy. And live no less. Cute butt too.

Posted By: 7mmbuster Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/26/24
LeAnn has one heckuva voice, and the range as well. When I first heard her sing “Blue”, I thought someone had found an old recording of Patsy and released it. She’s Pretty easy on the eye too!
But let me say, these are all Patsy Clime songs, and done in her style. That lady took songs that others had released and done well, but her voice put life in the songs that others didn’t, and they became Patsy Cline Songs, wether intended or not.
There are story of her recording a record, and Charley her husband dropped by the studio. Randy, her manager met him at the door. “Did you two have a fight this morning”? Charley said “No, why do you ask”? Randy said “She’s crying after every set. I’m afraid you might spoil the mood. Come back later, but don’t go in there now”!
Every song she sang she breathed life into. Very few people can do that! Lord knows what she might have done for country music had her career been more than 3 years!
Not to take anything away from others like Dolly or Reba, but Patsy still sells records in the top ten of female country vocalist, and she’s been gone 61 years ago this month!
I have lots of country favorites. Male and female, all have songs that I love, and I’ll crank it up and sing along. But Patsy is in a class by herself!
Posted By: Beretta_Shooter916 Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/26/24
I prefer 2 Live Crew
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/26/24
On the subject of Loretta I thought we had some backwoods hillbillies around here🤯took the kids to see the Virginia elk herd thing way cool👍took a side trip to “butchers holla” in Kentucky holy fouuuk 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Posted By: gunzo Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/26/24
LeAnn has one heckuva voice, and the range as well. When I first heard her sing “Blue”, I thought someone had found an old recording of Patsy and released it. She’s Pretty easy on the eye too!
But let me say, these are all Patsy Clime songs, and done in her style. That lady took songs that others had released and done well, but her voice put life in the songs that others didn’t, and they became Patsy Cline Songs, wether intended or not.
There are story of her recording a record, and Charley her husband dropped by the studio. Randy, her manager met him at the door. “Did you two have a fight this morning”? Charley said “No, why do you ask”? Randy said “She’s crying after every set. I’m afraid you might spoil the mood. Come back later, but don’t go in there now”!
Every song she sang she breathed life into. Very few people can do that! Lord knows what she might have done for country music had her career been more than 3 years!
Not to take anything away from others like Dolly or Reba, but Patsy still sells records in the top ten of female country vocalist, and she’s been gone 61 years ago this month!
I have lots of country favorites. Male and female, all have songs that I love, and I’ll crank it up and sing along. But Patsy is in a class by herself!

Great analogy sir! I'm not much of a country fan, at all. But a few stand out even to my taste & Patsy stands above the rest by far.
Posted By: RupertBear Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/26/24

RB
On the subject of Loretta I thought we had some backwoods hillbillies around here🤯took the kids to see the Virginia elk herd thing way cool👍took a side trip to “butchers holla” in Kentucky holy fouuuk 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Dat be the Ky. elk herd, largest east of the Missisip. & Butcher holler close to what they call the country music highway, State Rt. 23. Many artist from the area, but not Patsy.
Where’s the Elk herd in VA? I didn’t know about that! I drove often Penny up to Benezette. That have a big herd there, great visitors center too. Lotta tourists, but you always saw some beautiful animals. Occasionally some touron gets out and tries to walk up to them. Some people are idiots and can’t grasp the concept that wild animals are wild!😟🤬 I ain’t heard of anyone getting hurt, but the Elk move away, and the viewing with it.
You see elk laying in somebody’s yard up there, eating grass. I’d be in jail, cause sure as heck, we’d have one hanging out to cool.
I don’t know, never been to Butcher Holler. Is it still secluded and fill of Rednecks, or have they capitalized on Loretta and turned it into a tourist trap?
I have always loved Loretta. The Old Man and Mom had a bunch of 33 lip albums, and on Sunday afternoon our house was full of Classic Country. In the garage, we always listened to WIYQ outta Ebensburg. All country all the time.
The only time it ever changed was if the Steelers were playing Monday Night.😀
Good times, and a heckuva lot better America.
But then, I always considered myself blessed far beyond what I deserve.
No , Patsy grew up in Winchester. She started singing in church, and got herself on a couple radio shows. She knew she had talent, and actively pursued a career. Her name was Virginia Hensly and she married and divorced a fellow named Cline. Evidently he wasn’t very good to her.
I have a biography of her. She really helped Loretta get her career going. There’s even an interview that Loretta said that she was wearing underwear that Patsy had given her!
She helped Dottie West get off the ground too.
Even though she was only in the spotlight for 3 years, she had influenced many far beyond her life. She musta been one heckuva lady!
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/26/24

You Sonhofabitch!

That was at least $.82c worth of Fireball I just spit all over!

Been sick with a terrible sinus head/face/tooth ache. Now I can't quit laughing and my wife knows I'm tuned!

Cokkksucker!

hahahahahaha
Posted By: Morewood Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/26/24

Been waiting all day for that. lol
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/26/24
Originally Posted by gunzo
Dat be the Ky. elk herd, largest east of the Missisip. & Butcher holler close to what they call the country music highway, State Rt. 23. Many artist from the area, but not Patsy.

The Arby's on 23 in Louisa has the distinction of being the all-time shìttiest fast food place I've ever ate at.

I'm not sure how you can screw up microwaved turkey lunch meat and fake coagulated "roast beef," but they manage to do it consistently.
Posted By: BOBBALEE Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/26/24
I was wondering what the deal was with the number 9 everywhere. Were you here when we had a guy called Muley Stalker who always posted in “mountain speak”? By far the most aggravating thing you tried to read, no one could make sense of it, and most everyone quit trying.
I guess he finally went away.😟
I’m here because I for the most part enjoy the discussions. I try not to get involved in whizzing contest, I have better things to do.
With that said…

Muleskinner did the 'mountain speak'. Muley Stalker lived in Colorado. His wife got struck by lightning twice. Not direct strikes but she felt it.
I've had steak in Ashland & Mexican in Pikeville, but even with that would I expect much out of am Arby's in Louisa. They actually have an Arby's there? LOL
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/26/24
Originally Posted by gunzo
I've had steak in Ashland & Mexican in Pikeville, but even with that would I expect much out of am Arby's in Louisa. They actually have an Arby's there? LOL

Sure do, but you better be desperate to eat there, and even then stick to french fries.

There's a Mexican place down the road in Paintsville that is the shìttiest Mexican place I've ever ate at too. And ran by Mexicans even.

When on 23, best advice is to stick to Mountain Dews and Payday bars at the gas stations lol
Posted By: add Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/26/24
Originally Posted by Rooster7

You Sonhofabitch!

Been sick with a terrible sinus head/face/tooth ache. Now I can't quit laughing and my wife knows I'm tuned!

Cokkksucker!

hahahahahaha

Yep, choked back tears of laughter at work today on his post.
Posted By: Crash_Pad Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/26/24
I believe Willie Nelson wrote Crazy, had trouble finding someone to sing it.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/26/24
I shoukd start a religious thread and Alan C aka Happy Camper can call me on the phone.

Wobblie'll call ya on the decoder ring
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/26/24
Did you write it all down on your little tiny old man top left pocket spiral notepad ?

😃😂

Nah. He got one of them side spirals where you write your name in the box.
Posted By: SlickLizard Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/26/24
could not sing country music in a phone booth with instructions
Posted By: ERK Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/26/24
That Barnett woman is good. Never heard her before. Edk
Posted By: BFaucett Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/26/24
Posted By: mathman Re: Pasty Cline?? - 03/26/24
Originally Posted by Rooster7

You Sonhofabitch!

Cokkksucker!

hahahahahaha

So he did you a favor.
© 24hourcampfire