Home
Posted By: jaguartx This Cop can Shoot - 03/27/24
Posted By: Hotrod_Lincoln Re: This Cop can Shoot - 03/27/24
Took the room temperature challenge- - - -won first place! No early release from the graveyard!
Posted By: Kodiakisland Re: This Cop can Shoot - 03/27/24
Gang bangin in Idaho. That must suck.
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: This Cop can Shoot - 03/27/24
Dangerous place to have to be shooting. That part of Boise gets pretty busy as the bars are closing down around 2:00 am. I think the fact that he threatened the guy on the bench as he ran by helped the officers case in shooting him in the back as he ran away. Lucky more people didn't get hurt. I'm too out of shape and not good enough with a handgun to have done that.

Bb
Posted By: cs2blue Re: This Cop can Shoot - 03/27/24
Good shooting under stress. Many people could never get off accurate shots like that officer. Well Done! Dispatch, 10-8, next call Please........
Posted By: earlybrd Re: This Cop can Shoot - 03/27/24
Hell of a shot👍
Posted By: Paul39 Re: This Cop can Shoot - 03/27/24
Is the hurling of multiple F bombs standard LE procedure these days in order to assert authority and gain compliance? Is it taught at LE academies? Does it work?
Posted By: ol_mike Re: This Cop can Shoot - 03/27/24
It appears so- they all do it.
Posted By: cs2blue Re: This Cop can Shoot - 03/27/24
I guess someone had to find something pick at in the video. Use of profane Language could be considered a policy/demeanor violation by my agency. Still, good shooting!
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: This Cop can Shoot - 03/27/24
A dangerous job protecting the rest of us from scum. God bless ‘em.
Posted By: Gooch_McGrundle Re: This Cop can Shoot - 03/27/24
Originally Posted by Paul39
Is the hurling of multiple F bombs standard LE procedure these days in order to assert authority and gain compliance? Is it taught at LE academies? Does it work?

It doesn’t assert authority, but it does help people understand, especially your average street thug.

Now that I think about it, it really does make a clearer directive because “drop the gun” is all one syllable words and can kinda run together. When you say “drop the F*CKING gun!”, it’s like a verbal speed bump that emphasizes the noun.
Posted By: BOBBALEE Re: This Cop can Shoot - 03/27/24
I think Thunder Ranch began the"voice as weapon" strategy.
Not my intention to pick at anything, just a honest question about contemporary LE culture. Like it or not, and for better or worse, it affects us all.

Gooch shared an interesting perspective. Thanks.
Posted By: Hastings Re: This Cop can Shoot - 03/27/24
Mama has filed a $5 million claim for the loss of her baby.
Posted By: rainshot Re: This Cop can Shoot - 03/27/24
Wonder how many lives they saved by getting those two off the streets. I also wonder what the Cluck thought he was going to do if he managed to outrun them. Did he think he was going to get away free? The mind of a criminal is not very logical. Sadly he made the wrong decision and won the prize.
Posted By: Hastings Re: This Cop can Shoot - 03/27/24
Originally Posted by rainshot
Wonder how many lives they saved by getting those two off the streets. I also wonder what the Cluck thought he was going to do if he managed to outrun them. Did he think he was going to get away free? The mind of a criminal is not very logical. Sadly he made the wrong decision and won the prize.
Thinking ahead is not a talent that his kind would possess
Originally Posted by rainshot

Yeah, that certainly seems to be the case. Related question, especially for those who excuse resisting police. Can anybody name any country, with any form of govt., any political system, where you can resist police, even violently, and expect to get away with it? Only in America, it would seem.
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: This Cop can Shoot - 03/27/24
In the "the times, they are a'changing" category -

During the 2000's, up to maybe 2012-2014, I'd go to downtown Boise on Saturday nights right in that very same 7 block area - Main Street to Idaho, from 5th to 12th Street. It was a lively place with lots to do. Maybe see a concert or a band at a local bar and come out at midnight or 1:00 AM, then walk 5-6 blocks through a more deserted part of the area to my car parked on the street without giving my safety a second thought or even a first thought.

Haven't done that in a while and do not intend to start again.

On F bombs and cops, when I was sixteen back in the 1960's I rode along with a cop on patrol as part of the Ft. Lauderdale Police Youth Auxiliary. At 16 I'd certainly heard the F word but only rarely, in my world it was still the Granddaddy of all cuss words.

I heard it used more during the four hours I rode with that cop than probably my whole life up to that point. He used it on a 6 year old kid, a 10-11 year old kid, some middle aged guy in a business suit who made the grave error of not quite completely coming to a full stop at a stop sign (the cop almost never completely stopped at them), just about everybody he interacted with. It would take three more years and joining the Army before I heard it in such profusion again.
Posted By: KFWA Re: This Cop can Shoot - 03/27/24
that was an amazing shot
Posted By: local_dirt Re: This Cop can Shoot - 03/27/24

Sit down.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: This Cop can Shoot - 03/27/24
Good lucky shot, I doubt he was aiming at his head just where he happened to hit him.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: This Cop can Shoot - 03/27/24

Totally unnecessary language! A simple request “please put the evil gun down young man” is all the police should say. The action of the poor victim is understandable when you have a mean policeman chasing you with no reason…
Posted By: coyotewacker Re: This Cop can Shoot - 03/27/24
More scum of the Earth need to meet their maker the same way.....Thanks officer for making a great shot !
Posted By: ldholton Re: This Cop can Shoot - 03/27/24
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Totally unnecessary language! A simple request “please put the evil gun down young man” is all the police should say. The action of the poor victim is understandable when you have a mean policeman chasing you with no reason…
.. shrapnel's been converted... to the big D side..

LMAO
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: This Cop can Shoot - 03/27/24
Video went around the friggin world to tell the tale!!
Posted By: Stormin_Norman Re: This Cop can Shoot - 03/27/24
Shooting while at full run can't be easy, nicely done.
Posted By: Hotrod_Lincoln Re: This Cop can Shoot - 03/27/24
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

If the cop had a few brain cells to rub together, once he decided to shoot, he probably stopped and aimed before firing. Spray and pray is only an option for the scumbag who doesn't care what a stray round might do. Still a good shoot- - - -accurate and effective under extreme pressure.
Posted By: BigNate Re: This Cop can Shoot - 03/27/24
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

If the cop had a few brain cells to rub together, once he decided to shoot, he probably stopped and aimed before firing. Spray and pray is only an option for the scumbag who doesn't care what a stray round might do. Still a good shoot- - - -accurate and effective under extreme pressure.

Pretty judgemental statement on your part. Firstly, assuming he lacks intelligence, secondly, assuming his actions as "spray & pray" while you yourself admit he made "accurate and effective fire" is a bit crass.

Can you run a city block? Can you run a city block in gear? Could you run a full block, in gear, shoot and hit anything with a handgun even "stopping to aim"?

That job sucks, is under appreciated, and even though there are many in law enforcement that shouldn't be, I'm still grateful there are some good ones willing to take the heat.
Posted By: Scotty Re: This Cop can Shoot - 03/27/24
He got what was coming to him.
Posted By: MartinStrummer Re: This Cop can Shoot - 03/27/24
When he can outshoot the Austin PD cop that was holding two horses and shot and killed a "crazed" shooter over 100 yards away with his .40 S&W service pistol....with one shot, I'll say he's a pretty good shot!

https://www.foxnews.com/us/austin-cops-sure-shot-stopped-crazed-gunman

Apparently, after qualifying, this cop and his buddies would hang out at the range, practicing 100 yard shot with their service pistols for kicks and giggles! Bet he never thought he'd get the chance to use it! 😉👍
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: This Cop can Shoot - 03/27/24
The world is now a better place. Good shot.
© 24hourcampfire