Home
Posted By: softailrider Makers Mark or Bulleit - 03/31/24
Which do the experts / aficionados / drunkards here prefer? I'm just talking about their standard offerings, not any of their high dollar fu fu variety's. I think they're both very good, but Bulleit is better. Interested to hear opinions.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Makers Mark or Bulleit - 03/31/24
to me, the biggest downside to Bulleit is that they don't actually make their own stuff. They are a NDP or 'non distiller bourbon'. They are at the mercy of whoever is actually making the product to maintain quality, consistency and uniqueness.
Of the two, Maker's. For a few dollars more Makers Mark 46 is not to shabby. Neither one can compete with Buffalo Trace though.
Posted By: Full3r Re: Makers Mark or Bulleit - 03/31/24
I’m more of a wild turkey guy for every day drinking. I’ve never been a fan of the makers mark. Have had several bulleit’s but only break them out in rare occasions. One I’ve been very impressed with is “larceny” from heaven hill. Drinks way above it price range in my opinion
Posted By: G23 Re: Makers Mark or Bulleit - 03/31/24
Why not have both? Two drinks are better than one.

G23
Posted By: TD5427 Re: Makers Mark or Bulleit - 03/31/24
Very different mashbills so maybe more of a personal preference/taste kind of thing than apples to apples comparison. Years ago before bourbon craziness became what it is today, Bulleit supposedly sourced their whiskey from Four Roses and it seemed to be consistently pretty decent. Makers Private Select with the varying stave selections provides some interesting variation in flavor profiles to choose from and it won’t break the bank. For my money I’d go with Makers over Bulleit and Makers Private Select over regular Makers.
Posted By: scoony Re: Makers Mark or Bulleit - 03/31/24
I actually like the plane jane Makers over their special bottlings. Better than bulleit in my opinion, but we all have different tastes.
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: Makers Mark or Bulleit - 04/01/24
Maker's for me, the 101 Rye, to be specific. I don't drink often, or much, but when I do, that's the choice.
Posted By: JohnnyLoco Re: Makers Mark or Bulleit - 04/01/24
Wild Turkey 101 best both of those rotgut choices
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: Makers Mark or Bulleit - 04/01/24
I like Bulleit quite a bit of late. Love makers too….dont force me to choose. Lol
Posted By: IA_fog Re: Makers Mark or Bulleit - 04/01/24
Yellowstone, basil Hayden, four roses, bulleit cedar rigde,,,,never makers
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
to me, the biggest downside to Bulleit is that they don't actually make their own stuff. They are a NDP or 'non distiller bourbon'. They are at the mercy of whoever is actually making the product to maintain quality, consistency and uniqueness.
There are two Bulleit distilleries.
Posted By: B_n_C_Buck Re: Makers Mark or Bulleit - 04/01/24
Makers for sure. Not a fan of Bulleit.
Posted By: CRS Re: Makers Mark or Bulleit - 04/01/24
I prefer neither.
Posted By: NDsnowman Re: Makers Mark or Bulleit - 04/01/24
Bulleit for the money is pretty solid. MM is undrinkable, no matter the version.
Posted By: drop_point Re: Makers Mark or Bulleit - 04/01/24
Of the two I would take the bourbon. Though Makers isn't my favorite bourbon by any means.
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco

I concur. I like the 80 proof when I can find it.
Posted By: Troutnut Re: Makers Mark or Bulleit - 04/01/24
Makers out of those two
Posted By: Ohio7x57 Re: Makers Mark or Bulleit - 04/01/24

Agreed! Wild Turkey Rare Breed when you want a more potent bourbon and have a few extra dollars to spend.

Ron
Posted By: Redneck Re: Makers Mark or Bulleit - 04/01/24
MM over the other... I've not been impressed by Bulleit..
Posted By: akrange Re: Makers Mark or Bulleit - 04/01/24
At this Price Point Evan Williams BIB is just as Good as either of those Two ..
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Makers Mark or Bulleit - 04/01/24
Bulleit, don't like Makers at all.
Posted By: CRS Re: Makers Mark or Bulleit - 04/01/24
Originally Posted by akrange
At this Price Point Evan Williams BIB is just as Good as either of those Two ..

I agree 100%, actually better IMO.
Posted By: Teal Re: Makers Mark or Bulleit - 04/01/24
Originally Posted by Simplepeddler

I concur. I like the 80 proof when I can find it.

Wild Turkey - for me is a near instant laxative. I basically have to drink it either on the crapper or within 10-15 steps of one. Works better than the stuff they give you for a colonoscopy.

Bulleit is my preference vice Makers Mark.
© 24hourcampfire