Home
Clouds supposed to roll in over the weekend down here, predicting 85% cover on Monday.

I’ve been lucky in that an eclipse went over Oaxaca MX quite by chance in the summer of ‘91 when I was visiting a friend down there. Clear skies, 4+ minutes of totality, friggin’ awesome.

I have been waiting for this second go round for at least seven years when I first learned of it, but I have already seen one, I’m sure hoping the forecast is wrong here for those that ain’t.
Supposed to be cloudy and a 30% chance of rain here in N TX. 😬
Yep, a bummer for sure Mike but it will be what it will be. We somehow managed to get all three sons/families off and here for the day. Hot dogs, borracho beans, potato salad and watermelon will still be had. It will be a great day regardless.
Good
I was going to go up to Marble Falls, no use going now
Bummer for those who are excited. Just not my thing - dawn/dusk/night time happens every day so...
We can still do the "Rattlesnake Shake".
cloud cover? After our local schools have declared a health emergency? TFF!
Originally Posted by Teal
Just not my thing - dawn/dusk/night time happens every day so...

A black sun with a ring of fire around it set in a black sky. Stars visible around that sun. You can see out of the moon’s shadow in every direction like a 360 degree dawn.

Not yer average dawn and dusk
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by Teal
Just not my thing - dawn/dusk/night time happens every day so...

A black sun with a ring of fire around it set in a black sky. Stars visible around that sun. You can see out of the moon’s shadow in every direction like a 360 degree dawn.

Not yer average dawn and dusk

Like I said - not my thing. It just doesn't move the needle on my life.

Feel bad for those getting excited and the cloud cover buzz kill. I hope you guys still get to experience what makes you happy.
Just had one 6, maybe 8 years back?

I recall it being mildly interesting for a minute or two. Then back to work.
we're planning on driving about 60 miles to a park in Indiana

reading that traffic will be crazy on the return and you may be stuck for a couple of hours.

not excited about that at all. If there is cloud cover, then all the more reason to stay home
Originally Posted by KFWA
we planning on driving about 60 miles to a park in Indiana

reading that traffic will be crazy on the return and you may be stuck for a couple of hours.

not excited about that at all. If there is cloud cover, then all the more reason to stay home
yeah a bit east of us is a band where it's supposed to be the total eclipse.
there's already signs out on 60 East about expect heavy traffic volume Monday April 8th..

we need to move some equipment that day but I think we're going to try to do some of it this afternoon or Saturday but we don't get done we'll wait till Tuesday.. I ain't going to fight all the idiots...
very familiar with Highway 60 - not as far east as you but it was the main highway for us growing up. Went tubing in Van Buren a few times, Lamberts in Sikeston, bought fireworks in Charleston. One side of the family farmed in New Madrid before I was born.
We are expecting about 80% here. We had a nearly total eclipse here about 1984. Pretty cool experience for a middle school kid.
What amazes me is how COLD it gets. And so suddenly. It's a truly unnerving experience.
© 24hourcampfire