Home

Wow.
This is my dream on one of my trips to Panama. I've had them under my Kayaks nothing like this. This is absolutely amazing
What a video!
Cool video, yes. However, keep in mind, wild animals are still wild animals. Gentle, until they are not... One flip of a fluke, Game Over...
Hey there, been trying to call your brother in law, he doesn’t answer. No………that’s because he was swallowed by a whale!
This is why every tackle box needs a pistol.
Call me Jonah cool

Yikes!
Cool footage.
I owned a Jet-Ski rental for three years and have eased along watching Dolphins swim. I've had them swim beside the wave-runner 6-8 feet away and look me right in the eye.
They've become a nuisance to fishermen now.
I muted the Gaian New Age sound track and played the theme from "Jaws" in my mind.

Whole different vibe... laugh
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I muted the Gaian New Age sound track and played the theme from "Jaws" in my mind.

Whole different vibe... laugh
smile I'm not surprised.
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Cool video, yes. However, keep in mind, wild animals are still wild animals. Gentle, until they are not... One flip of a fluke, Game Over...
Steve Irwin found that out the hard way. He got away with being an idiot for a long time, his luck ran out.
I was salmon fishing off the Oregon coast last year, solo in my 19’ Arima Sea Chaser. Just putting along, 3 mph or so. I look forward and here’s a whale about 100 yards, coming my way. I continue and so does the whale. I’m pretty sure the whale doesn’t know I’m there, he’s swimming right at me. He finally figures it out when he’s close enough the splash water on the boat when he makes a startled course correction.

Got the recording on my iPhone. Looks like a young whale.

Took a still from the vid. Can anyone identify the species? I’m thinking humpback.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

P
One would think that loud music would frighten them away.
The Whale in the first video seems to really enjoy the music while he swims around.
I'll be honest, I was waiting for the swimmer w/the Orcas to get rag-dolled like a baby seal.
Lol, I was sure this was gonna be about of LBP and his latest crush........
Wow. What a cool video, but if I were that guy I probably would have been wishing that I was wearing adult diapers.
Originally Posted by SCgman1
For a whale? 🤷
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
For a whale? 🤷

Yes. This is why jag shoots ‘em.
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
For a whale? 🤷

Probably blow it's lungs out.....
I've not spent much time on salt water. A few ferry rides and some bay boat trips along the Gulf Coast. So no big sea "sightings".

I've been deep sea fishing off Kodiak Island three times!
Seeing breaching humpbacks was an everyday occurrence. Some amazing creatures.
First day out, the captain found a dead minke whale. He thought maybe orcas killed it.

Captain said one got tangled up in his stern cannonball downrigger and ripped the entire handrail off his boat!
The charter took us out between Kodiak and Afognak islands.
I suppose due to the extreme current keeping the water stirred up, the humpbacks were everywhere. As were the sea otters when we got close to shore!
© 24hourcampfire