Home
My friend is heading there for a convention for a few days and looking for things to check out and maybe must try restaurants.
If the convention is near the convention center he could walk to Deep Ellum and eat at Terry Black's. Top notch TX BBQ, seldom have to stand in much of a line, they about never run out, and the place has great outdoor seating.

Same place, worth walking the few blocks to look at the cattle drive in Pioneer Plaza. Public art display and old timey cemetery unless they've dug all those people up and paved it over since I was there last.
Sixth Floor Book Depository Museum is great.
dealey plaza if you haven’t
What part of Dallas, the metroplex is pretty big ?
If I was headed to Dallas for a convention I'd pick up the phone and give Barry a call to make arrangements to fish for cats and shoot pigs, fuqk Dallas.
Has Harry Hines been mentioned.
Breakfast at Cindi's is always good.
One day, LBj was bored and asked Hubert of Humphrey, his VP, if he had any ideas for something to do. Hubert's suggestion was, "Let's go to Minneapolis and have a parade".
The great thing about Dallas, is that you’re only 30 miles away from Ft. Worth..
Leave asap
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
You won’t find this easily, but it is still worth finding..

Originally Posted by fburgtx
The great thing about Dallas, is that you’re only 30 miles away from Ft. Worth..

Yep. The Stockyards, Great Museums, Joe T Garcia’s restaurant, and much better than Dallas.
Cremona's is an excellent place to have dinner. Kinda hard to find but not too far from downtown.
O'Jeda's is prolly the best Mexican food in DFW... Joe T Garcia's in Ft.Worth is very good but only serve enchiladas I think. Been awhile since I've been
there but I think I'm right about that. There's an Irish Pub or two downtown that ain't bad. I lived in downtown Dallas for awhile. Glad I got out.
Go stand on the grassy knoll and tell me that Oswald really made that shot.
Put on your vest and go walk around down in the Quarter!
FL and TX both ( see how nice I am) have at least three outhouses that need a good flush out t sea. Last time I was in Dallas for a convention that outhouse reminded me of the month I spent in NY City over a four day weekend, just one time.
Want to bet on when your "friend" volunteers to ever go back...The never slot is already taken.
If you get over to Arlington hit this restaurant:
https://tasteofeuropetx.com/

Everything handmade. Eastern European food and a shop that sells all kinds of neat things including a lot of stuff made out of amber.
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
Cremona's is an excellent place to have dinner. Kinda hard to find but not too far from downtown.
O'Jeda's is prolly the best Mexican food in DFW... Joe T Garcia's in Ft.Worth is very good but only serve enchiladas I think. Been awhile since I've been
there but I think I'm right about that. There's an Irish Pub or two downtown that ain't bad. I lived in downtown Dallas for awhile. Glad I got out.
Hey Bart, peed off your balcony on the vagrants lately? lol. You still have your condo down town
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Hey Bart, peed off your balcony on the vagrants lately? lol. You still have your condo down town
No, I haven't but...
I bought a house and shop in Brady last August. Finished up Gunsmith school and moved here permanently in October.
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
Originally Posted by stxhunter
No, I haven't but...
I bought a house and shop in Brady last August. Finished up Gunsmith school and moved here permanently in October.
Cool, Thats not that long a haul.
Do what Debbie would do.
Jackson Armory if this still there, I met the Heym dealer there. Not sure he still is.

I guess it's park city north of dallas
Go to the Duncanville WalMart one evening. It will be an awakening. We went to a Wannagofast event at the old NAS Dallas Field a few years ago and we stayed in Duncanville HI Express. Wife is a Blonde and let’s say she was like a neon light in there. Saw a bumper crunch incident between two women and they nearly went fist city. That WalMart area though will make you be glad to go back home.
Grassy knoll picket fence 20’ west of the corner, and southwest end of triple overpass
The repository is a great self guided tour. Bob's Steak and Chop house is a great dinner in the old-school dining.
ASAP won't be very fast in that traffic.
© 24hourcampfire