Home
My family and I are heading to Houston for a week at the beginning of June. While we’re there my kids would like to hunt some shark teeth. What I’ve see points to Bolivar beach, but that’s about all I know. Anyone have any ideas or experience that could point me in the right direction? We’ve hunted them in Florida at Venice Beach and found a ton. I’ve got a feeling this will be more sporadic, but could be fun nonetheless.
I've never found a tooth on the beach but have caught sharks and kept the jaws or sometimes just the teeth for various projects like to epoxy teeth into the finish on rod butts.
I've only found one good sized shark tooth in my lifetime. It was in a shell midden off Galveston Bay when I was a kid. I also found a mammoth tooth in West Bay a few years ago.
Gift shops on the water have shark teeth you could buy.
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER

Naw man, my kids wouldn’t go for that. It would be like hanging someone else’s feet up on the house.
A bit off course, but there are some fossilized sources in Utah where one might score one of the big ones.
Originally Posted by Oklahomahunter
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER

Naw man, my kids wouldn’t go for that. It would be like hanging someone else’s feet up on the house.

Buy teeth.

Put in pocket.

Seed the beach with teeth.

Tell em years later.
© 24hourcampfire