Home
Posted By: Mannlicher Whoops! - 04/11/24
https://www.local10.com/news/local/2024/04/10/police-officer-shot-at-south-miami-dade-gun-range/

MIAMI-DADE COUNTY, Fla. – A Pinecrest police officer was wounded in a shooting at a gun range near the Homestead Air Reserve Base in south Miami-Dade Wednesday afternoon.

It happened at the Homestead Training Center, located at 11700 SW 304th St., just before 2:30 p.m., according to Miami-Dade Fire Rescue dispatch records.

Pinecrest police said the officer was shot “during a pre-schedule(d) training exercise” and was initially taken to Baptist Health Homestead Hospital before being transferred by helicopter to Jackson South Medical Center.

Police said another officer shot her in the forearm in what appears to have been an accident. They said she was stable as of Wednesday afternoon.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Whoops! - 04/11/24
We had one killed here a few years ago at the police range, dumb [bleep] walked right in front of another officer shooting a rifle off the bench.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Whoops! - 04/11/24
Guns are not toys and demand full respect 100% of the time.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Whoops! - 04/11/24
I've seen gun ranges shut down because of the carelessness of LE.
Posted By: JeffyD Re: Whoops! - 04/11/24
A guy in my academy class was quickly shown the door when he scratched his itchy scalp with his gun hand - revolver in hand. Stupidest thing I've ever seen.
© 24hourcampfire