Home
Just goes to show... Crikey!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/multiple-people-stabbed-1-person-071751022.html
I will be surprised if the stabber wasn't DBT or one of them other guys lol.
Not good
A lady officer ended it. Nice to see someone in that country can carry.

Osky
It's a bullschit story, we all know Stabbing someone is against the law!
I've been to that mall, it's very nice.
If they would serial number and register those knives, such would not happen.
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
Achmed??
Don't understand why a guy couldn't get some kind of bat type weapon and keep the guy occupied rather than letting him stab 6 people to death.
I guess the Aussies will be cutting their steaks with a spoon now.
Originally Posted by mbhunt
Don't understand why a guy couldn't get some kind of bat type weapon and keep the guy occupied rather than letting him stab 6 people to death.

Somebody did. Possibly a Russian dude.

https://twitter.com/ug_chelsea/status/1779166296862503310

No lack of heroes there. Just shows how quickly it can happen, even with a knife.
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana

What was that in his hand?
One of those barriers they put in the mall. Post with a base. I think they’re called a bollard
Good work by that guy with the bollard. He oughta get a medal, or at least Cinnabon for life…
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana

No lack of heroes there. Just shows how quickly it can happen, even with a knife.
taken down already???

Hmm...this page doesn’t exist. Try searching for something else.
Works for me.

The article said that one man using a bollard tried to confront the murderer. The bollard was not much of a deterrent.

Isn't self defense against the law in Australia, just as it is in the Mother country, England??

Liberals of the U.S. want to outlaw self defense here, too.

L.W.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Works for me.
Third time, still won't open.

Does X dislike ad blockers or something?
Valsdad, I think you need a X account.
No workey.
Just checked; say this page doesn't exist.
PJ
Must be Conrad and PJ don't have accounts either?

I'm a grumpy ol' boomer.............no tweeting for me, or faceybook, or instacoochie pictures and such.
I have an account and it won't open for me.
Did it show "violence"?

The censors might have gotten it.
Just says unavailable
"They said they were not able to name him until a formal identification had taken place but that they weren't treating the attack as terrorism-related."

Yet:

"NSW Police Commissioner Karen Webb said ....he was a 40-year-old who was known to police... but not believed to have held terrorist beliefs. He has not been formally identified. Police are confident he acted alone."

So, he's known to police but they can't "formally" identify him. Sounds like sandbagging until the story loses some steam, to me.
Can't believe there was a cuckstrailian with strong enough wrists ta do that.
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Did it show "violence"?

The censors might have gotten it.
It showed a Russian fellow holding off the knifeman using a bollard, keeping him on the up escalator, not permitting him to rise to the next level of the mall.
It now takes me to the story, but the video is gone. Can't have regular people seeing that you can stand up to mass killers.
They should hurry up and turn in all their knives, and vehicles, and poisons, and fire making tools and stuff so they are safe.
Been to that Mall back in ‘19.
Bought a pair of RM Williams boots there.
Nice mall with lots of nice scenery walking around.
Hate to hear that.

Wonder how much the cops will hassle the Russian dude. Defending oneself from being stabbed is somewhat of a fopaux throughout the commonwealth. Worse yet, he proved that weapons abound, just pick one up.
Definitely looks middle eastern. How hard are they gonna try to hide his identity, which they already know.
Thank goodness the peasants are not allowed to carry firearms to protect themselves. Someone may have hurt the poor misunderstood fellow...
England is pushing sales of pointless knives. It's unlikely that their Muslim population will buy many.

[Linked Image from i.dailymail.co.uk]
Why didn't somebody with a CCW just shoot the guy? .....oh yeah, they don't allow self defense for innocent people over there..
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
England is pushing sales of pointless knives. It's unlikely that their Muslim population will buy many.

Seems pointless.
That pointless lol.

Shake and bake doesn't use the point.

Seems pointless.

Where's the beef?
I'm in Sydney, & don't see any blood or panic anywhere.

Good for that Russian dude.

They better ban angle grinders, files, coarse whetstones, 80 grit sandpaper, and most any form of cured concrete as well.

Oh wait, they could just make a law against sharpening the point of a pointless knife......yeah that would work for sure.
I just opened it. Worked for me. At least one guy down under has some balls.

Ron
Yeah Ron but it didn't sound like he was an aussie.
Watching the men run away makes me shake my head. It seems that Australia has a serious lack of men!
Proof you don’t need a gun!!! The police will take care of you…..eventually…
It now takes me to the story, but the video is gone. Can't have regular people seeing that you can stand up to mass killers.

This. Dont let the "fight back" go viral on social media.

Must remain helpless.

Must.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Watching the men run away makes me shake my head. It seems that Australia has a serious lack of men!
Yep, if every able bodied male grabbed chairs/flower pot/sign/stick/rock and rushed the stabber- throw whatever at him. He'll have to react to it- tackle him- control the knife- and kick him in the face until the cops get there.
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Yep, if every able bodied male grabbed chairs/flower pot/sign/stick/rock and rushed the stabber- throw whatever at him. He'll have to react to it- tackle him- control the knife- and kick him in the face until the cops get there.

That’s exactly what I said to my wife. I’d send her and the kids to safety while I grabbed a clothes rack or whatever. I’m not running away, I’m running towards danger!
LIKE- that's exactly the way every MAN should think !!!!!
I’ve never ran from anything, you advance and figure out how to attack, that’s what us 50’s born were taught.
so men and I use that term loosely ran from defending women and children??? If that’s the case, that is truly pathetic.
Originally Posted by Springcove
so men and I use that term loosely ran from defending women and children??? If that’s the case, that is truly pathetic.

You can never know for certain until it's actually put to the test. My thinking has been greatly influenced by what my son told me about his service in Iraq. Battalion XO of an Army NG unit that saw lots of action. Said you never know how someone will react until the metal starts flying. He saw "badasses" curl up in a fetal position, and the scared skinny kid come through. In general, he had little regard for a certain armed "profession". Acknowledged that these are generalities, with exceptions.

On a personal note, I know my values, know what I think and hope I would do, but admit I can't predict for certain. At my age I hope I make it through whatever is left of my life without being put to that test. Peace.
Absolutely. Also remember that people who buy guns illegally ain't going to anymore because President senile old fool issued a new order,
I saw a pic on ABC News, the psycho was riding up on the escalator, you can see the big knife in his right hand. At the top of the escalator stood a civilian, he had a four foot long flower pot made of metal, something like that, heavy and 4 feet long, and he was waiting on Psycho and going to attack him then and there. I don't know what happened there, the news caster didn't explain and it was a still photo not video.

So, at least one man had the guts to confront the Psycho.
Originally Posted by Thegman
"They said they were not able to name him until a formal identification had taken place but that they weren't treating the attack as terrorism-related."

Yet:

"NSW Police Commissioner Karen Webb said ....he was a 40-year-old who was known to police... but not believed to have held terrorist beliefs. He has not been formally identified. Police are confident he acted alone."

So, he's known to police but they can't "formally" identify him. Sounds like sandbagging until the story loses some steam, to me.

I guess I was wrong, or not completely right, anyway. Sounds like a deranged nut job.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rge-Bondi-Junction-Westfield-attack.html
So that means he was a queer, that had mental problems, I thought they all had something wrong mentally, so now we have all the different Arabs, illegal’s , hood rats, gage bangers Mex. And queer’s that claim to be trans. It’s coming!!!!
as long as everyone involved was vaccinated then all is good
in the real world, that fkr should be bleeding out from 15 bullet holes in his useless carcass
Originally Posted by Swamplord
in the real world, that fkr should be bleeding out from 15 bullet holes in his useless carcass
Absolutely!
Some of you blokes are just too ready to jump in, in complete ignorance of the facts, to let your prejudices have full rein. I thought it was only the left which would seek to capitalise on tragedies to make petty political points.

There's just so much nonsense to wade through. It wasn't a terrorist event. The bloke wasn't a Muslim. He was an Australian, with a history of mental illness, and according to his parents and some of the women he dated, socially inept and desperate for a relationship - an incel in other words.

Self defence isn't illegal here. The men didn't all run away - several confronted him, while others helped women and children to safety. Those who confronted him are being hailed for it, not criticised. Would you armchair heroes have done any better?

Yes, people don't carry here. But they never did. People in Australia didn't routinely go armed even when it was legal. Australia is a safe place - crime rates are low and have steadily been dropping for decades. And incidents like this are vanishingly rare. I remember well the last time there was a mass killing in a shopping centre, because I was there - and it was 33 years ago. It was the first time too. However as this and the other stabbing this week have demonstrated, that doesn't mean we are cowards - people will step up nonetheless, and confront evildoers.

I don't need to be lectured or sneered at about our gun laws either. Especially by those who have no clue what they are. I lived through all of what followed Port Arthur, and I don't agree with much of what changed. However, I quite like living in a country where people don't generally feel the need to go armed to do the shopping.
Well, that clears up a few things.
Originally Posted by dan_oz
However, I quite like living in a country where people don't generally feel the need to go armed to do the shopping.

Lol, with the importation of people your .gov is doing that's about to change.
Meanwhile a Bishop from Sydney with a social media presence was stabbed yesterday by a raghead.....nothing to see here.....say it with me "diversity is our strength"

Originally Posted by RJY66
Meanwhile a Bishop from Sydney with a social media presence was stabbed yesterday by a raghead.....nothing to see here.....say it with me "diversity is our strength"

It is part of their culture and should be excused. Sort of like playing a flute to a cobra.
Originally Posted by Paul39

You can never know for certain until it's actually put to the test. My thinking has been greatly influenced by what my son told me about his service in Iraq. Battalion XO of an Army NG unit that saw lots of action. Said you never know how someone will react until the metal starts flying. He saw "badasses" curl up in a fetal position, and the scared skinny kid come through. In general, he had little regard for a certain armed "profession". Acknowledged that these are generalities, with exceptions.

On a personal note, I know my values, know what I think and hope I would do, but admit I can't predict for certain. At my age I hope I make it through whatever is left of my life without being put to that test. Peace.

A lot of truth ^^^^^ ... NO ONE knows for certain how they will react until they have been over the mountain and seen the elephant...
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by Paul39

A lot of truth ^^^^^ ... NO ONE knows for certain how they will react until they have been over the mountain and seen the elephant...

Then there are those that have stood toe to toe with the elephant stared it in the eyes and slayed it with violent indifference.
Speaking of knife attacks, a couple weeks ago it happened at my wife’s business. A deranged, Indian woman in her fifties followed an employee in through the shop door and demanded money. She was spewing gibberish and expletives and pulled a knife and held it against the chest of the employee.
Baseball bats and shovels are stashed in various places because this isn’t the first time homeless folk have been a problem. My wife used to carry a .380 but got out of the habit.
The cops were called and the woman fled. She tried to enter a business down the street but they pushed her back out into the street. By chance the cops were coming down the street and put her face down on the sidewalk and cuffed her.
They asked if they wanted to press charges, wife said absolutely.
© 24hourcampfire