Home
Supposed to get between 1/2 -3/4 today. It’s not heavy , but steady with little wind. This area is known for lite showers for this time of year. The white grapes are leafed out with the Cabs just starting. Hope it will be a good year for farmers ! How is the weather where your at ???
Expecting rain tonight
About 6pm tonight.

Phil
Oakdale rodeo this weekend….. should be a mud pit for today’s performance.
Raining good right now here.
News said we got over 3/4 inch. It rained almost all day. I will have to wait 5 days before I can a tractor in the field to disc the weeds.
I enjoy the rain. We could always use more water.
Clear/sunny with temps in mid to upper 40s for the next week. It’s been a great April so far.
We had some rain. '22 or '23 IIRC.
We get 90 inches of rain here.
Originally Posted by Hammerdown

Says you*. What with last year and this year, I'm kinda hoping for a slightly sub-average rainfall next year.

At least it knocks the pollen down though.

*Yes, you're right, but fuggit - I'm tired of this already.
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
Me too. I was gonna take the dirt bikes out Saturday but decided it was a good day to chill. 2 naps later here I am Sunday morning. 😜

Good morning fire….🔥
More rain today with TS,none for Mon/Tues.then more rain thru next weekend
Makes it tough for outside work.

Right back atcha Fester,morning,,,,
In Savannah and it is beautiful
Too warm, and dry.
We had an inch or more Thursday and again Friday but the big issue is wind!

We stayed overnight in Rochester NY this past Thursday, a few hours after checking in we went outside to the parking lot to see it filling up with Large utility boom trucks. Had to be over 75 trucks and crews with more coming, talked to one and they were on wind alert with crews from all over the state checking in to wait. Later I was over at the Sportsman's Warehouse at the gun counter. lol
Mostly sunny for next 10 days, temps in the 60's and 70's. Seems that in the last 5 years or so we don't get the spring rains like we used to.
We've been blessed with 6 plus inches of rain last week. The clover and ryegrass are outrunning the ability of the animals to eat it. Sunny right this minute.
Been about 30 hours of very light rain, the coffee can official rain gauge is only about 1" or so, snow line just above the flintshack at 4,000 ft. Over to the east, I-5 Freeway realtime camera at Black Butte Summit looks ugly with very little evidence of plows working. Just wheel tracks in the snow. Chains req'd on trucks. Power was out yesterday for 9 hours, don't know if it was storm related. Another nice spring day in Siskiyou Co.
They are forecasting La Nina starting this summer out west, so if that is the case we had very short El Nino, lots of rain and snow but El Nino usually lasts 3 to 4 years, we'll see.
Seems that Climate Change is blessing California with much needed rain. The last couple of years even Death Valley is flooding at times. Water is good. It a shame there aren't more reservoirs to hold it for later.

How is Lake Oroville doing? Last time I was there it was blown out at the dam.
Oroville and Shasta and New Melones are full and happy...full enough to where some Chicken Little's are worried about enough capacity to handle the inevitable snow melt without flooding.
Pretty good rain here yesterday. About an inch.

A little chance of a drizzle today and then nothing in the ten day.

Not done yet as it is always a muddy mess at the Silver Dollar Fair come Memorial Day weekend.
This is the month we are supposed to get the most rain. I think we have gotten maybe 2 inches so far this month. That means we are about 5 inches short. AGAIN !! I am watching the radar hoping for the best but it doesn't seem to be coming. This is year 4 of very little rain unless something changes. But, I'm not seeing it on the radar.

kwg
Does this mean that California doesn't need anymore thoughts and prayers for a while?

Maybe free up some thoughts and prayers(federal dollars) for the rest of us?
Suns out supposed to be 80 degree😎
Not normal at all.

It’s not raining, not overcast, not windy, not cold.

74, calm, blue sky’s.
© 24hourcampfire