Home
What is the best way to sell reloading equipment and supplies? A gun show table maybe? I have never done that but if it is the best, I might try it.

If it helps, I am in AR. There are not really any local hunting related papers or places to put ads. There is a local hunting website, but I am barred from selling because of low post count. I would prefer to sell face to face anyway, as shipping powder and primers seems daunting. I have never had any luck with Craigslist or eBay. Is there something better?

Just trying to clear out stuff. The range is two hours away and I can't afford land at $10,000 an acre, so I am getting out of shooting and hunting. Will sell real cheap, but need a way to do it.

Appreciate your wisdom.
Where in Arkansas miles
Put an add in the classifieds. Powder and primers are a pain because of Hazmat but maybe someone local will purchase it.
Posted By: T_O_M Re: How to sell reloading stuff - 04/15/24
Equipment and component brass / bullets you can advertise here in the classifieds if you're willing to ship. Powder, primers, and loaded ammo .. are harder. Check with your available shippers regarding restrictions before advertising / selling something you'll be unable to deliver. Gun show table may be the best option. If you are part of a local gun club, perhaps advertise to other club members. Most of the stuff I've gotten rid of in the past decade has been here or on a mainly-Oregon hunting/fishing site.
Guns show table's your best bet.
I'll take it!

LOL
Consignment auctions.
Auctions bring out low ball bidders and then there's commission fees, not very profitable after all is said and done. I've sold a lot of reloading related items in the classifieds here on the 'Fire.
Posted By: MAC Re: How to sell reloading stuff - 04/15/24
Originally Posted by BlackBranchFarm
What is the best way to sell reloading equipment and supplies? A gun show table maybe? I have never done that but if it is the best, I might try it.

If it helps, I am in AR. There are not really any local hunting related papers or places to put ads. There is a local hunting website, but I am barred from selling because of low post count. I would prefer to sell face to face anyway, as shipping powder and primers seems daunting. I have never had any luck with Craigslist or eBay. Is there something better?

Just trying to clear out stuff. The range is two hours away and I can't afford land at $10,000 an acre, so I am getting out of shooting and hunting. Will sell real cheap, but need a way to do it.

Appreciate your wisdom.

What do you have that you want to get rid of? I have bought and sold stuff right here in the classified ads.
Posted By: Heym06 Re: How to sell reloading stuff - 04/15/24
I don't use it, but my grand kids seem to sell everything on fakebook market place. Don't know about reloading supplies, as they have been taught to only buy, never sell that type of merchandise.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Guns show table's your best bet.

I agree. Put it all on your table with price tags on everything. Better than trying to sell it a piece or two at a time. I've had tables at several gun shows and any reloading equipment I put on the table -- usually dies, but once a scale -- were bought by the attendees. Good luck.

L.W.
People sell reloading stuff all the time on the Arkansas hunting forum I look at. Comment on a few posts then you can sell.
Maybe post some pics... and a price... and someone local will offer you a fair price.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I'll take it!

LOL
Wholly snoggies!

Where did he come from?!?!
Posted By: gunzo Re: How to sell reloading stuff - 04/15/24
What are face book market place rules on powder, primers & related???
Don't laugh to hard but have a yard sale. Set up a table under a shade tree and put a sign up selling "Hunting Stuff". Bet you'll be surprised at how many will stop and its free. Nothing but time to loose.

Appreciate your wisdom.

Open a USPS account----research the 'flat rate shipping'

Advertise your stuff.......plus shipping

No powder/primers of course

CL sucks.....Flea Bay as well.........FB....more scammers

Place ad here.....carefully

One DF dude will offer you 1/2 of the street value shipped....ignore him

GLWYS !

Appreciate your wisdom.

Also....being low post count new here

Offer some references
Posted By: hanco Re: How to sell reloading stuff - 04/16/24
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Auctions bring out low ball bidders and then there's commission fees, not very profitable after all is said and done. I've sold a lot of reloading related items in the classifieds here on the 'Fire.

This
Where In AR? I might be local. PM if you want.
Be damned.

I would have thought it would be down right easy to be a shooting enthusiast in Arkansas.
No powder or primers on Fakebook market place.
Thanks for all of the ideas folks. I think I will try a table at a gunshow sometime this summer.

I have just basic stuff. RCBS master reloading kit, rcbs tumbler, rcbs and lee dies for 30-30, 44 mag, 357. Three or four pounds of Unique, couple of cartons of small and large pistol primers, several hundred lead 44 bullets, lots of 30-30 brass, etc. There should be some assorted M dies, and maybe a couple of factory crimp dies. There is likely at least one Lee press in there too that I never used.

I'll sell for almost nothing, if I could help someone get started. I mostly just want it gone. Located North of Russellville a little ways.
I use eBay for that.
© 24hourcampfire