Home
How to get rid of it?
I suspect you're going to have to get a teenager to do this but...use the Brave browser with the uBlock Origin extension.
The two little lines above it to the right…click on that.
I have a pop up in the middle, advertising all kinds of cshit. I don’t have time to fool with it until next week.
Ya me as well
Thank you Aces.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
How to get rid of it?
Only thing i can think of is leave and never come here again. That way, the popup can never get you again lol
Send me screenshots of anything unusual please!
Gettin local ads @times
getting annoying pop ups on the bottom of the screen lately... 1 in the center, 1 on the right...
Originally Posted by RickBin

Are you familiar with the OP? 😂
I’m not sure, I don’t see nuttin.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco
getting annoying pop ups on the bottom of the screen lately... 1 in the center, 1 on the right...

Me too, Its pretty Fu(king annoying. I wish I knew how to get rid of them.

GIG sky be gettin on nerves lol
This one mo’ betta

If only there were almost literally hundreds of threads on how to deal with this.

SMH

On the positive side, no sepellnigg erorrs
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Add another thank you from the computerly challenged.
Originally Posted by superlight17b

Add another thank you from the computerly challenged.

I’m the last guy here who should be able to help anyone with computer issues but even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile. 😀

Glad to help. 👍🏼
Well I must be computerly challenged. clicking on the 2 little lines gets rid of the add column on the right hand side. But it does not do anything to get rid of the big ass add on the bottom.

Any directions on how to remove the adds across the bottom of the screen???

Thanks!

That worked great with those DA*# annoying garbage adds that keep distracting the eyes!!!

HS 58
Lucky me, no matter how many times I click on the two little lines in the top right corner the adds just keep coming back after about 30 seconds or so.
I can give you the solution again. And again. And again.

But if you don't take it...
"use the Brave browser with the uBlock Origin extension."

well thanks for the solution. Looks like I'm gonna have to find a teenager to do it. I don't have a clue what a Brave browser is or how to use it.
Originally Posted by jc189

well thanks for the solution. Looks like I'm gonna have to find a teenager to do it. I don't have a clue what a Brave browser is or how to use it.

Do you know how to google? I bet if you googled "brave browser" and then "ublock origin extension for brave browser" - you'd get things to read that explain it.

What browser do you use now? Edge, Internet Explorer?
Originally Posted by Teal

Do you know how to google? I bet if you googled "brave browser" and then "ublock origin extension for brave browser" - you'd get things to read that explain it.

93.2 % of the members here do NOT know how to use the search bar.

Fking amazing they can even access this forum.
I am not gonna jump through my ass to get rid of the crap that blocks the screen.

My personality will not allow that happen.

I will just find that I go to the Campfire less and less .....until I go no more.
These screenshots are terrifying.
Originally Posted by cisco1

You misspelled capability.
Don't see any little lines just the X that takes it off for a second.
The pop up let me know there will be Olympic break dancing. Now I'm sure to tune in to the games.
That`s a fact....much BS.
This is not the worst site for annoying pop-ups that I have visited, but it ranks right up there. The latest is a feature on break dancing in the Olympics. I'm sure we all can't wait to see that. At least one can get rid of them if they are in the way. GD
I haven't seen a pop up here in literally over a decade, maybe 2. Easily. Same for basically every website I visit, with the exception of the ones asking me to subscribe to their news letter or whatever.

Originally I was Firefox + adBlock, now it's been Chrome + adBlock. Solution found/solved. I also don't run a pile of extensions, I don't click on ads, I don't enter every contest I can find, giving up my email address, I also don't EVER allow a site to "send notifications" or "would like to know your location". Zero issues.
Any reason why it might be my job to make sure the ads and pictures and general junk don't ruin my 24Hour experience?

It's been crap for over a week.
Just started for me about 30 minutes ago.

Olympic break dancing.
Now yall have me excited for the olympic level breakdancing
Much ado about nothing.
Originally Posted by cisco1
I am not gonna jump through my ass to get rid of the crap that blocks the screen.

I will just find that I go to the Campfire less and less .....until I go no more.
I'm like you but thought I'd give brave browser a try, downloaded the app and two minutes later all those add are gone.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Any reason why it might be my job to make sure the ads and pictures and general junk don't ruin my 24Hour experience?

This is Boomer level entitlement Big James...you hangry bud?

Any reason why people continue to complain about a completely free experience otherwise?

I just eat an extra THC gummie

lol

Perhaps a subscription fee would bring you great delight?
Originally Posted by SKane

Perhaps fugging yourself would provide you enjoyment?

I don't like adblock on my phone.

Don't you januses know that when the product is "free" you are the product.

So...to continue the insult....I should be compelled to allow AdBlock complete and unfettered access to my smartphone?
Originally Posted by slumlord

I think the number is higher than that. You are being generous.

So...to continue the insult....I should be compelled to allow AdBlock complete and unfettered access to my smartphone?

Then you made your choice. The point of "free, you are the product" applies to the entire internet, Campfire included.

No more bitching about experiences then. Good talk.

Then you made your choice. The point of "free, you are the product" applies to the entire internet, Campfire included.

Hahaha!

You t-watts can go talk about it on your Facebook "pages".

Hahaha!

You t-watts can go talk about it on your Facebook "pages".

Nope - facebook is for marketplace shopping. Bout it's only true redeeming value. Maybe finding live music too - all the bars/venues use that for marketing.
You should have to buy insurance to use Facebook in case they can't harvest your personal data fast enough.
You should have to buy insurance to use Facebook in case they can't harvest your personal data fast enough.

IDGAF what they do with it. I understand, even being off FB, by simply existing with a SSN - my data is harvested, saved and cataloged. Your smartphone does it, even if turned off. All "turning it off" does is enact code that says "make the screen dark, everything running, don't actively show running on the screen" - it's not a binary off switch. It tracks every where you go, talk to, text, pictures taken, shared, web sites etc - and absent of not having it - impossible to stop.

99.9999% of it is useless other than to provide targeted ads - which adblocker stops.
An old boomers point of view on pop ups. I buy a computer, I go on line, then someone expects me to pay money, to stop them from invading my privacy. I guess it's just a new way of life. But it is a invasive system, all these derogatory comments, just show how the younger generations DO NOT understand freedoms lost, because they never had them! That said Brave seems to work! Have a great day!
Originally Posted by Heym06
An old boomers point of view on pop ups. I buy a computer, I go on line, then someone expects me to pay money, to stop them from invading my privacy. I guess it's just a new way of life. But it is a invasive system, all these derogatory comments, just show how the younger generations DO NOT understand freedoms lost, because they never had them! That said Brave seems to work! Have a great day!

You don't think people who run web sites should have the freedom to run ads on them?

Next thing you know them fuggers are going to expect you to watch commercials after you already paid for the cable and the damned TV!!!!
Thanks.

That was easy.

DF
Originally Posted by Stickfight

You don't think people who run web sites should have the freedom to run ads on them?
Sure I have never complained about ads unless they cover content. There is an entire column on the right side of my screen with ads. Thats how Rick is able to keep the site going. Covering content just might negate any income the add people are trying to get. I sure as hell will not buy a product that pisses me off with their ads. YMMV

Dump truck backs up to the Hunter's Campfire forum, dumps an entire load of $100 bills.
Campfire members beotch because it isn't stacked and counted.

The end.
I haven't seen a pop up here in literally over a decade, maybe 2. Easily. Same for basically every website I visit, with the exception of the ones asking me to subscribe to their news letter or whatever.

Originally I was Firefox + adBlock, now it's been Chrome + adBlock. Solution found/solved. I also don't run a pile of extensions, I don't click on ads, I don't enter every contest I can find, giving up my email address, I also don't EVER allow a site to "send notifications" or "would like to know your location". Zero issues.

This.
Dump truck backs up to the Hunter's Campfire forum, dumps an entire load of $100 bills.

The end.

Will the serials be sequential?
If so I want no damn part of it!
Originally Posted by Raeford

The end.

Will the serials be sequential?
If so I want no damn part of it!

laugh

Sad but true. The airplane to the 21st Century pulled away from the gate and left them stranded in the 20th Century.
Originally Posted by RickBin

Interesting...
I put RickBin's message right above the toothpaste one to take a screen shot and his message scared it back into it's cage!

Thanks Rick!
Originally Posted by BFaucett

Sad but true. The airplane to the 21st Century pulled away from the gate and left them stranded in the 20th Century.

You say that like it’s a bad thing….progressives might love sacrificing freedom for security and “convenience” but that doesn’t mean everyone is as willingly ignorant about the benefits of a simpler time. Unfortunately it’s virtually impossible to do anything without a cellphone, internet, laptop, iPad, etc. Unfortunately the bullshit that is endemic with those “conveniences” is NOT a small price to pay for all that we’ve lost.

The end.

And it was your money Inspector Clouseau.
Originally Posted by BFaucett

Fudds?

I resemble that remark….

DF

IDGAF what they do with it. I understand, even being off FB, by simply existing with a SSN - my data is harvested, saved and cataloged. Your smartphone does it, even if turned off. All "turning it off" does is enact code that says "make the screen dark, everything running, don't actively show running on the screen" - it's not a binary off switch. It tracks every where you go, talk to, text, pictures taken, shared, web sites etc - and absent of not having it - impossible to stop.

99.9999% of it is useless other than to provide targeted ads - which adblocker stops.

Just like drag queen story hour.

You can't stop it.
The whole “sacrificing freedom and liberty and security” shtick applied to a free web site having ads that slightly inconvenience only those users too lazy or incompetent to deal with them even though several simple solutions have been posted, repeatedly, is a bit of an eye roller.
Fugk those pop ups , I can’t get a commercial oven delivered inside my house.

Aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh
Looks like Rick nuked it.

Thanks Rick! Appreciate it!
The campfire is this wonderful place where people believe that they can add an app, own a cellphone or internet enabled ANYTHING or use a specific browser that "protects their data" while at the same time believing that the tools used to collect the data don't exist.
Looks like Rick nuked it.

Thanks Rick! Appreciate it!

Dots Connected baby, dots connected!
The whole “sacrificing freedom and liberty and security” shtick applied to a free web site having ads that slightly inconvenience only those users too lazy or incompetent to deal with them even though several simple solutions have been posted, repeatedly, is a bit of an eye roller.

Yep.

[Linked Image from padresteve.files.wordpress.com]
The campfire is this wonderful place where people believe that they can add an app, own a cellphone or internet enabled ANYTHING or use a specific browser that "protects their data" while at the same time believing that the tools used to collect the data don't exist.

You don't have to get all butt hurt about it.

Unlike you guys I don't begrudge Rick having some ads. Doesn't bother me a bit to see and ad and that Rick get paid for it.

Use your DIsh Hopper and skip the ads. Rick's kids probably don't need braces or new shoes anymore anyway.

I'm feeling a bit left out, I don't get any ads.

Am I missing any good sales?

Unlike you guys I don't begrudge Rick having some ads. Doesn't bother me a bit to see and ad and that Rick get paid for it.

Use your DIsh Hopper and skip the ads. Rick's kids probably don't need braces or new shoes anymore anyway.

How come Rick gets laid and I don't?

Now I'm really pissed!!
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Now I'm really pissed!!

Well...you didn't want to see any ads so.....

Now I'm really pissed!!

Well...you didn't want to see any ads so.....

Lol, you got caught Buddy!
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Thanks.

That was easy.

DF
Only gets rid if the ad on the right. Not the little pop up at bottom right.
Now all of the sudden it's not popping up on my phone when connected to Wi-Fi.

Will check later when no wifi to see if that could be the ussue.

According to my pop-ups, you might be missing out on some smoking hot deals on 100ct. bottles of Viagra.
Originally Posted by gsganzer

According to my pop-ups, you might be missing out on some smoking hot deals on 100ct. bottles of Viagra.

Pop ups a reflection of your search history....
I'm telling you guys I switched over from FireFox to Brave this morning, nothing else, no add-blocker, nothing and am enjoying the heck outta the CF now. NO pop-ups or adds of any kind, no refreshing every 2 minutes. NHRA website was just as unusable as CF and now same on Brave. Lowered my blood pressure by 20psi 😁

Bull, I don't search camera land, nor meds, those are the ones that were popping up on my screen. That covered content. Brave has stopped them for now!

Bull, I don't search camera land, nor meds, those are the ones that were popping up on my screen. That covered content. Brave has stopped them for now!

Pop Ups based on browing history

Browser history
Two things you might do after you switch to Brave are to disable the funky "Rewards" option and the News feed at the bottom. You may or may not chose to use Wallet. I don't.

I got no idea but I am thinking of buying a windows laptop from walmart just so I can understand what some people go through.
Thanks RockyRaab, Got my sil to help me download Brave. Pop ups are gone.
You're most welcome. You won't even see ads on Youtube now.

To also enable uBlock Origin, click on the oddly-shaped little icon at the top right of Brave, which is your Extensions box. Under Manage, search for uBlock Origin and install. That pretty much will eliminate any noxious thing from appearing anywhere, ever.
Guys, it worked. After reading 5 pages, wab9 never posted again. He took my great advice on page one. You are all welcome
He didn't need to. I gave him the solution in the first reply.

No they aren't.

Well...if they are they are too embarrassed to make them into popups.
Brave.........

Or 'Duck go Duck'

The only way to surf

https://brave.com/

https://duckduckgo.com/

Browser history

I mean they flat out tell you they are....

No they aren't.

Lol, I'm not going to live for 100 years........

Browser history

I mean they flat out tell you they are....

No they aren't.

They must censor mine.
Th ads I see here are the same as others have posted including screen shots to verify. It’s not a function of search history.
Ya this Yahtzee parrot 🤯
I think I know this met gala chick
[Linked Image from 4.bp.blogspot.com]
© 24hourcampfire