Home
1min-14sec.
Best Trail Cam footage EVER.

Thanks for posting ol' mike.
Neat!
Dang! That guy took a wad of fur off that deer's rump.
That deer needs to buy a lottery ticket!!
Great video Mike. Agility is an important skill in all lifeforms.
All I ever get this time of year is does and the neighbor's mostly feral cats, and an occasional skunk.

Oh yeah, a sandhill crane flying by the other day tripped one.
Amazing Vid

Best I've ever seen

I'm on the deer's side

Atta girl !
The trail cam owner is the one that should buy the lottery ticket
Awesome video, the speed was amazing! I’m just glad it wasn’t me :-) I wouldn’t have a chance.
Mtn Lions R fast........and deadly
And good eating.
This vid......

By a hiker near Provo Utah

Needs to carry a 9 em em at least

Yes, short but good.
My obese cane corso could outrun it and whoop its azz

before I could even execute a surreptitious draw with my SAA
I photographed this-beat up, scarred muley doe from the side of the highway just outside of Ennis MT in July of 2019.

You can’t see them well but she look scratched up. Could be that she had survived a similar attack.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Certainly persistent, as it was up and off again, but cats aren't known for enduring an extended chase.

Cookie once got a couple images of this guy, who I suspect endured a close call as well.
Right:

Left:
Same animal.
From the heat waves, it looks like it was a little warm that day.

We see lots of deer with rips in their ears. Probably the best of handles for coyotes in their attempted take downs of fawns or yearlings. Left ear tip and slice in the right as well.
That, or a fight with Mike Tyson.
Originally Posted by 1minute
Certainly persistent, as it was up and off again.

Cookie once got a couple images of this guy, who I suspect endured a close call as well.
Right:

Left:
Same animal.
Yep- balked about 1 second
Originally Posted by 12344mag

I’m not so sure the deer got away.
Lot of fur flying. Holy chit!
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Originally Posted by 12344mag

I’m not so sure the deer got away.
Going by the time stamps on the video, that cat only left the screen for less than a minute after chasing after the deer that shook him. Hard to notice that with the editing, had to go back to very start and then check stamp again when cat came back. I doubt it killed that deer and just left without at least spending some time to bury it.
Gotta wonder, looking at that a couple of times, if the cat bailed off upon seeing that tree the deer was going to use to rub him off its side???
Cat slid right into a stump that blew to pieces and didn’t miss a beat.
I was rooting' for the cat!
Well, doesn't compare to my trail cam pics...

[Linked Image from res.cloudinary.com]

Actually not mine. Don't even own one. But Dayum....that original trail cam vid is trail cam gold! Awesome.
A bit slower, but sometimes more lethal…

DaveR,

That's a world-class ditch tiger- congrats.

Shrapnel,

Great picture.
There's not a man alive that could outrun that beast.
No way I could get a good nights sleep solo hunting/camping in your neck of the woods.
Certainly persistent, as it was up and off again, but cats aren't known for enduring an extended chase.

Right:

Left:
Same animal.

We see lots of deer with rips in their ears. Probably the best of handles for coyotes in their attempted take downs of fawns or yearlings. Left ear tip and slice in the right as well.

Buck deer with rips in their ears have been fighting other buck deer. As those antlers twist and turn when the deer are shoving against each other they pin the ears occasionally and cut them.

Looking at that antelope reminds me of the video of a golden eagle sitting on the rump of an antelope and eating away at the backstrap as the animal stands there. Eventually, the antelope begins to walk and the eagle rides along taking a bite here and there.

Great trail cam capture! WOW!
Originally Posted by MOGC

Right:

Left:
Same animal.

Buck deer with rips in their ears have been fighting other buck deer. As those antlers twist and turn when the deer are shoving against each other they pin the ears occasionally and cut them.

Looking at that antelope reminds me of the video of a golden eagle sitting on the rump of an antelope and eating away at the backstrap as the animal stands there. Eventually, the antelope begins to walk and the eagle rides along taking a bite here and there.

Meals on Wheels!
Originally Posted by DaveR
Well, doesn't compare to my trail cam pics...

[Linked Image from res.cloudinary.com]

Actually not mine. Don't even own one. But Dayum....that original trail cam vid is trail cam gold! Awesome.

I'll be dam

Garfield finally ate Odie...
That was a cool watch, thanks Ol Mike
I've read that an adult cougar will eat a deer a week. That's about 50 deer a year for each cat. That makes for some interesting numbers. It adds up to a lot of deer in an area with lots of cats. Idaho, for example, is estimated to have 2000 cats so, if this is accurate, that's about 100k deer a year just for cat food. Idaho's total deer population is estimated at a bit under 500k so the cats are eating 20 to 25% of the state's deer every year.
Great video, lucky deer............
© 24hourcampfire