Home
Posted By: HEB330 Terminator? - 01/07/03
While yet unbloodied, do you think the new Nosler Accubond 200 grain 30 caliber bullet launched in the vicinity of 3000fps might be the ultimate universal terminator for all but a handful of big game worldwide? I don't care whether it is a 300 Weatherby or 300 UltraMag, lauched from a Pac-Nor or a Shilen, housed in a 700 or 70, looking through a Swarovski or a Leupold, at sea level or 10,000 ft. I know there is no "Silver Bullet" (Unless, of course, you use my favorite, a 338 caliber 225 grain Swift A-Frame. Unfortunately, while the terminal effects are anvil-like, so is the BC). But from antelope and duiker to elk, eland, and bear, is there anything closer for the chap who wants to use only one bullet for all his hunting?
Posted By: acy Re: Terminator? - 01/07/03
Yep, I think there is a better bullet than the Accubond will turn out to be. Barnes 180gr XLC will do the trick on anything that a 30 cal. is appropriate for. When all is said and done, I bet it will penetrate better and I have never had any accuracy problems with Barnes. Course I could be wrong too.
© 24hourcampfire