Home
Posted By: yoop baseball and steroids - 12/13/07
So here we go again. Shame on the players. After all some make millions per year, playing a game no less. To be sure they are tremendously athletically gifted, and now a teammate or trainer says take these pills and it will keep you on top of your game.... for millions a year and no one is even checking. The market is full of devices to defeat drug tests anyway... for millions a year. And if you do get caught you have to go to treatment... for millions a year. There is no doubt in my mind its the players fault.
Posted By: Ken Howell Re: baseball and steroids - 12/13/07
IMHO, baseball is like sex in this one respect � it's fun to play, dull to watch. So I don't watch it now that I don't have my Dad to watch it with. If this means that I don't have a dog (or even a bone) in this fight, well and good. But I wonder about the purpose of this investigation and the future of major-league baseball. IOW, what's the next step?

� Are we just to wail and moan about the decline of a wonderful sport?
� or �
� Is there now going to be some effort to arrest the down-ward slide and to promote yonder-ward improvement?

I hope for the latter and suggest across-the-league pregame tests of every player on the bench in time to determine whether he's clean enough to play in that game.

Let the past bury the past.
© 24hourcampfire