Home
-Hilleberg Katium 3 showed up today

-Footprint for above said tent

-Osprey pack 2 weeks ago

-Pullin the trigger on MSR Dragonfly tonight.

Anyone else on a roll?
Bought a BC bear hunt a couple of weeks ago.

Thinking about pulling the trigger on a new raft.
Does over $20k in INCOME TAX count?! It must be fun for SOMEBODY...
Originally Posted by hacklewrap01
Does over $20k in INCOME TAX count?! It must be fun for SOMEBODY...

We are in the same boat.
It's a nice boat, except for the people shooting at us. I swear I saw some joker with a brace & bit, too.
What money? Where?

I've been going to "Gun Free Zones" but I always get there too late to get one.

cry

Bruce
I'm in Mexico on the Mayan Riviera, does that count?
Have fun, I'm up to my thighs in snow grin
Bought a set of drag pipes for my bike, but that's petty cash compared to the tax thing. I only had to make up a couple of thousand for the tax thing.
Being retired has taken me out of the game. Might be putting a couple of rifles in the classifieds.
Hilleberg Akto
Western Mountaineering PUMA(my excuse is it was on sale grin)
Glock 21SF

grin
Does a 2nd Sako 85 count.
I've been cutting down on spending lately.
so far this year, just a new camera body and a lens.....
I bought a new sony HD HDD camcorder with 15x optical zoom for video taping my upcoming turkey hunt and fall hunts this year. Also, new turkey decoys...Pretty boy and pretty girl. And, I finally decided to try H2P pants.
I haven't bought any new toys in a while. Well, I did buy some new arrows. Things in my household are tight, as all our extra cash is going in the gas tank hauling the father in-law to and from doctors appointments, surgery, etc. I am hoping in May I can get a new toy of some sort.
Picked up a Browning ATD .22 auto a couple weeks back. Still too cold and windy to go shoot it.
Ohh, I forgot I bought a used Parker bow to start bow hunting again. I have had it for a couple months so its no longer new to me....:)
I bought a medium cappucino today! cool

It isn't quite "money" yet, and it isn't quite "rifle" yet - (as I have my hands on neither) ...

But I just put a (second) Kahr/Auto Ordinance M1 Carbine .30 Cal. on lay-by.
Cutting a check Monday for 20K on the note for the new house. That's about as fun as it's going to get until late spring.

I did get caught up on equipment over the winter, though. Once the 6x leupy comes in I am going to NEED a new pack to carry it in while hiking. One more purchase from Eberlestock.

George
A couple of scopes in the last few days and Jobyjob's Weatherby Accumark today.
Those aren't toys, though, those are investments! wink

Looking forward to investing some time with that Weatherby! smile
Does a Springfield XD Compact in .40 and/or a XD 9mm count.

If so one or the other or both are on the Horizion in early May as I'm looking at a healthy influx of mad money coming in around the first week of May and I need a new conceal carry weapon. I get my year end Stock Dividend then.
I have a T/C custom barrel in 250-3000 on order, I should have it next month. I ordered a Leopold VX-III 2.5X8 for it today and I have a new set of dies and brass waiting for the barrels arrival.

Doc

Does a $4300 hooker count.......
I'm bad missin' a milling machine and a lathe lately.

Money doesn't inspire me like it should a good, greedy American these days,.... but I want to build a shortened Marlin 336 scout rifle,.... and I can't do it unless some grumpy ass machine shop owner hires me and gives me after hours access to his machines.

Havin' ta work fer a livin' is a pain inna butt,...
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Does a $4300 hooker count.......

Of course it counts... Idiot Spritzer know how to spend money on fun things.
the wife and i are going to ease our way up through new mexico, colorado, utah, idaho, montana, then central and western canada this june and july (i am retired). i generally drive while she looks at signs for antiques or other "interesting" places to stop. unless the store has guns/hunting stuff inside, i usually sit in the vehicle and read while she "looks". as painful as this is, it does keep her happy, which keeps me happy. in august we plan on going to germany and belgium. the exchange rate is going to hurt, but we are not getting any younger. certainly doesn't equate to a new gun or hunting items, but i have what i need. as a side note - the first passport i got back in the 70s' cost almost nothing. the government rapes you now for an updated version today!
Sitting in Billings MT tonight ...riding on the sled deck are 2 2008 XP Skidoo's I picked up in West Yellowstone this week. 'Course had to try them out there the last 3 days...awesome conditions for this time of year up high.

Also picked up reloading powder in Bozeman for less than 1/2 the cost of same at home .......great deal.... TnT Guns & Ammo in Gillette tomorrow ........ I'm a happy camper, eh!
Laser grips for a revolver. Crimson Trace. Way cool and I recommend.
65BR's Burris scope, bigwhoop's 7x57 dies, Hart rebarrel on a .222 Sako, old Rem700 Heavy barrel .25/06 at Troxell's (just picked up after 1 1/2 months on layaway). Trying to back off for a bit. grin
Hmmm....
Rock River Tactical .556, CZ 452 Style .22 rifle, P22 pistol, Glock 34, Easter dinner for 38, ti cooking gear for b-backing, atmos 65 pack, 3 pair of LAX cleats, carbon fiber LAX stick shaft, Warrior LAX stick head, STIX LAX stick head.....boys and girls are busy breaking gear this LAX season!

smile

The last 6 months I've been in the sell mode, saving for a house with my wife.

I broke down and bought a 376 Steyr Mannlicher.

and a vintage K4 Weaver to put on it.

and a Ruger M77 HMR from Scheel's,

and a better trigger for my 17HMR Ruger M77,

and a Remington 700 in .22-250 from my brother,

and a Mark III Ruger .22,

and a set of Hogue grips, Coco-Bolo, for my 329PD Smith,

and a set of rosewood grips for my Sig-Sauer P220 Match,

and a Nikon Scope to mount on the Remmie,

and a new holster and ammo belt for the Mark III,

and a 3-shot extension for my 870,

But I am definitely saving money for a new house........ crazy
I've bought a new Pac-Nor barrel, a trolling motor, a few scopes, a rifle basix trigger, and that's about it for stuff over $100 this year. I'm doing pretty good actually. (grin)

Forecast calls for a 700 action, a small 4stroke outboard, and another McMillan....
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Money doesn't inspire me like it should a good, greedy American these days,.... but I want to build a shortened Marlin 336 scout rifle,.... and I can't do it unless some grumpy ass machine shop owner hires me and gives me after hours access to his machines.

I've got one of those in a 30-30 AI, didn't need a mill or a lathe: I bought it off a guy who was out of work, Nonneman trigger job and all. The scout part was done by me, pretty simple.
In the last 6 mos: CDL 35 Whelen, 45/70 Guide Gun, Ruger Super Blackhawk, I'm working on my divemaster (PADI), and the money pit I mean Hayabusa needed stuff.
If spending money remodeling a bathroom is �fun stuff,� I guess I am having lots of fun. ):
Oh yah, that reminds me , I forgot the 70lb thrust bowmount I put on the boat just in time for the spring walleye run grin
Sako 75

Edge for same

Kahles 3-9x42 TDS

3 McDermott cues with cases and accessories

New Car

New brakes (rotors too) and wiper motor module for the Trailblazer...oh wait, that wasn't really much fun. Still chewing the wife's azz for trying to run frozen wipers and leaving the switch on.
In the last few months I've added a few investments to my portfolio.
Rem 742 308 with 2-8 Leupy
Ruger New Vaquero 357
Marlin Mdl 99 M1
Marlin Mdl 39M
Been on a buying roll for a couple of months.

New Jeep Sahara.

Rem 700 Classic in 250 Sav from olblue.

Rem 722 in 300 Sav from Allen.

Two Rem 700 CDL's.

Browning Huntsman in 22 Hornet.

Bushnell Scopechief from Gahuntertom.

Leupy M-8 3x from Goodnews.

Bushnell 3x Scopechief from 500 Grains.

Redneck converting one of the 700 CDL's to a 7x57 (Finished), and will convert the other one to a 250 Sav AI next...

Andy Manson (Martini Guru, and old friend) building a 218 Bee on a Martini Cadet action.

New furnace for the house next week...

Any donation of $$$$ will be mucho appreciated... grin

Don

Originally Posted by highwayman
Sitting in Billings MT tonight ...riding on the sled deck are 2 2008 XP Skidoo's I picked up in West Yellowstone this week. 'Course had to try them out there the last 3 days...awesome conditions for this time of year up high.

Also picked up reloading powder in Bozeman for less than 1/2 the cost of same at home .......great deal.... TnT Guns & Ammo in Gillette tomorrow ........ I'm a happy camper, eh!

Very neat gun store, not the cheapest, but very cool! You will love the place!
Oh and custom leather cuff with shellholders and a custom sling for my Marlin 1895 XLR from www.levergunleather.com

Lever makes very high quality items and stands behind his product 110%.
Picked up a new Bushnell elite scope, added another Hastings barrel for my Browning A5, added to the stack of MilSurp 7.62 NATO and 5.56 stuff.
Just placed an order for a Blackhawk Omega Tactical Cross Draw Vest, and a CamelBac H.A.W.G. Hydration/cargo back pack.
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Money inspires me a great deal, but I can't seem to make any either.
Bought a Dillon Square Deal press to feed my old Colt Python http://www.dillonprecision.com/content/p/9/pid/25237/catid/1/Dillon_Square_Deal___039_B__039_

First time shooting it in many years as my Kimber Super Match gets most of the work around here.

Didn't do to awful bad with it. Kept 36 out of the first 40 shots in the black, standing, two hand hold, unsupported at 25 yards shooting at a 3 inch bulls eye.
© 24hourcampfire