Home
As you may have heard, the Bush Administration said each of us would get a rebate check to stimulate the economy.

If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, all the money will go to China.

If we spend it on gasoline it will go to the Arabs.

If we purchase a computer it will go to India.

If we purchase fruit and vegetables it will go to Mexico, Honduras, and Guatemala.

If we purchase a good car it will go to Japan.

If we purchase useless crap it will go to Taiwan.

And none of it will help the American economy.

We need to keep that money here in America.

The only way to keep that money here at home is to spend it at yard sales, since those are the only businesses still in the US.
I'm depositing our "stimulus check" (a.k.a. bribe), and immediately writing a check for the same amount to send into the bloodsuckers (a.k.a. IRS) as an estimated tax payment for 2008 taxes.
grin helluva a good way to spend it.............not
My check just bought 500 pounds of Austrian Winter Pea seed. The deer sure will be happy.
I'm not getting one.
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
I'm not getting one.

If it weren't my year to claim my daughter, I wouldn't either..... wink
I'm not getting one AND I had to send in the first Q ET check on top of it.... eek
I have no idea what she will do with it.
Bingo...........dead on Pat..........
For all of you getting one, you're welcome!
I should be getting one sometime this week.
Buying myself a 30th birthday gun, and I am looking forward to that big time. The rest will be headed for my july trip to San Diego with the family.
Our checks will go toward our trip to Greece this summer.
We should all spend it in Mexico maybe if we grow their economy the illegals will all go home.
Naaa must be the Corona talking.
No if we spend our checks there, they will just walk here wearing better shoes.
I know the Stimulus starts to decrease at $150,000 AGI. Does anyone know when it is completely gone?
I predict most of the Gov't checks will be spent paying off credit card bills used to buy gasoline.

The stimilus results will be in by September.

Doc
Good point about where the money ends up Les.... you know they will be making those new Winchester model 70s right here in the good old USA.... hmmmcool
But it...er............umm....a Winchester.............Savages are made here too. grin
Rock River Tactical or Springfield 1911A1 in Black Chrome..
And so are T/C's...even though the factory has been closed down for 2 weeks. Re-opens next week.

Doc
I'm not getting one.

The government deemed you sufficiently stimulated. smile
Mine went to a new television. Ours bit the dust yesterday. Sorry Les it won't be in the will. Give me a call about Grandma.
Ours will be banked until July-August, and then spent on locally grown hay. Hay harvested with $5 per gallon diesel is gonna be a killer this year.
Mine will be spent on pre-school for my 3yr old. I consider it an investment; she already owes me $41,387.64 for prior expenses.
Mine is going towards a wall tent, most likely from davis tent.
Mine's going to hunting club dues, right here in Alabama.
My state is a Third World country, but it at least is OUR Third World country ...
And hey, mine's just about equal to what I paid Uncle Sam.
Zero sum game ...
Is it true that the US borrowed the money for the stimulus check from China and used all the BLM land in Wyoming as collatoral? Someone had told my boss that and he is all fired up over it. I figured if this was the case, I would have seen something on the forum about it.
no, the BLM land in WY already belongs to the oil companies! grin
Mine will go to some 10x42 Vortex Vipers from Doug...
Mine will go to my local gun store, purchase undetermined but I did like the look of the USFA Rodeo they had in stock yesterday...

Although, the smarter move would be another AR-15 and ten more 30 round clips in case BHO becomes President.
Originally Posted by isaac
For all of you getting one, you're welcome!
For all you fat cats who are not, good for you.
Young ladies, bourbon, and I'll fritter the rest away....
Did anyone get theirs yet? The wife was suppose to get hers yesterday and it never came. Just curious.
I am buying a Savage 99T with mine and the money will stay right here in New Hampshire. They can STIMULATE this!!!!!!
I'm gonna spend mine like a drunken sailor. What kind of hooker could I get for $600?
that'll get you ten minutes with Spitzer's chick.....which ought to be enough wink
My wife and I agreed to split it. But then she went and spent twice that much money in new appliances. And right now I am looking at tearing down this house and putting up a new one, with new appliances included in the price.
that'll get you ten minutes with Spitzer's chick.....which ought to be enough wink

Maybe I've been in college too long but Spitzer's "friend" looked like a second tier sorority girl crazy
true, but one imagines she has certain redeeming skills.....or maybe he just liked her because she could stay in a room with a guy who looks like a space monkey without laughing at him.
Made in America Carpet, installed by english speaking caucasians

(one supposes without knowing that they are citizens).

BMT
I'll be buying a small island, say Hawaii.

If I have any left over I might just buy Alaska too.

How much are we supposed to be getting anyways?
i just bought a couple cases of ammo that will be sold by other stimulis checks and then gonna buy a gun for a really good friend and coworker to buy a new berrata tomcat on payments
Pay on Med bills, a Savage 99, and tires! John
Momma wants a new stove, a GE.
1911 Parts, or a CZ 452 American in .22lr.
Pssssssst! ....rice, brother. With a little extra of my take home, by this fall I should be in a position to trade for a third world island all of my own! wink

Honestly, Im thinking it might be a good time to buy that little slice of heaven in the Adirondacks and build a camp.

Brian

PS can anyone tell me why when I try to use an apostrophe, it opens a quick find?
good luck wher about you lokking in upstate?
When Im up there, I spend most of my time around the Piseco area. Ive also hunted up around Governeur some. I really like the area around Piseco and out towards Wells.

Brian
i used to hunt star lake area before micro burst know it's hard hunting
I'm gonna buy a quart of Stolichnaya and an 8 lb keg of H4895 with mine,....maybe in that order,... maybe not,...

Then I'm gonna vote for Ron Paul any damn way.
I'm going to buy a gallon of gas later this summer. :-/

-jeff
Not getting one either.
We're buying a pop-up camper from some friends. Dragging that around oughta beat the hell out the already lousy gas mileage.

Dale
My half of ours is going to have to sit in the bank for a bit until this becomes available. The website says 3'rd quarter.

[Linked Image]

Anybody know if it is "made in USA" ?

Now I only owe another $2100, whoohoo!

I'm gonna be somewhat responsible and spend half on the bill and the other on a USA Leupold(do they still make a few here?).
I am gonna get slammed for this...but how do all of you feel about being welfare recipients? Wouldn't it be nice to get those checks every month? Then maybe you wouldn't have to work and could sit around drinking 40's and listening to rap.
Originally Posted by TBaker5390
I am gonna get slammed for this... but how do all of you feel about being welfare recipients? Wouldn't it be nice to get those checks every month? Then maybe you wouldn't have to work and could sit around drinking 40's and listening to rap.

WTF are you talking about?
What is it if it is not welfare? The tax burden is still present, anyone who thinks the government is giving away money because it is generous is kidding themselves....it just means others now have to pay that burden. And it sounds like you get to pay for it next year...as Isaac said....you're welcome.
Which is exactly my point, that it gets turned back around as an estimated tax payment for next year.

© 24hourcampfire