Home
Posted By: shreck Ladies beach volleyball - 08/12/08
Is now my favorite sport. laugh shocked laugh
What guy came up with this. Let's put some very fit ladies in the least they can wear and still be on TV and watch them play volleyball.
I think ladies beach hula-hooping should be an Olympic event.
Or pole dancing, huh!!!
What would you rather see, water polo or creative pole dancing?
Posted By: SteelyEyes Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/12/08
That water polo confused me. I thought it was the worst synchronized swimmers in the world for a while there.
Originally Posted by shreck
What guy came up with this. Let's put some very fit ladies in the least they can wear and still be on TV and watch them play volleyball.

If you think that's good...PARTICIPATING in coed beach volley ball is even more fun--one can end up in all kind of on court "entanglements".......... grin

Casey
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/12/08
Someone seems to be in the Olympic spirit tonight.... Is there a good on line link to the high lights?
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/12/08
And George Bush gets high marks as president. His wife and daughter go off to view China's cultural treasures, and GW goes to get some lessons from the US women's beach volley ball team.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/12/08
How can you watch that stuff?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: shreck Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/12/08
All the events are on the NBC sports page. I watched ALL the men's epee' and most of the ladies saber on-line. The ladies foil was, silly, actually. I dunnow why they let screeching girls have swords. wink
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/12/08
Originally Posted by ltppowell
How can you watch that stuff?

As nonchalantly as possible......
grin grin grin Married too, are ya?
Posted By: Barak Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/12/08
Well, there is that.
Hey Barak! Haven't seen ya in a spell. I hope all is well. Is your lovely wife doing okay?
Posted By: eh76 Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/12/08
My wife would never catch me wathcing that stuff! grin
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/12/08

It's not that bad of a show. {at times} grin
Posted By: Barak Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/12/08
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Hey Barak! Haven't seen ya in a spell. I hope all is well. Is your lovely wife doing okay?

Yup, all's fine. My lovely wife has just returned from California, and at the moment she's preparing a bunch of pictures to post.

I've been working, mostly.

I done a baaad t'ing. A couple coworkers of mine were hounding me to get some code finished so that they could use it: so instead of writing a bunch of small tests to develop the code from, I wrote three or four big ones to save time. The code I wrote made the big tests run, but it wound up being a hastily thrown-together hack that I didn't really understand, and now I'm paying the price.

Eventually I'll probably wind up completely rewriting it from little tests, the way I should have in the first place; but meanwhile I've been cleaning it up and adding in little tests to define and stabilize its operation.

So there's been a lot to do other than screw around on the Campfire. I 'spect you have days like that yourself.
Personally i like the womens softball better and it's a crying shame this will be the last Olympics for it as a medal sport...Reckon the usa's record of something like 5 losses vs 311 wins might have something to do with it?
Posted By: Swift Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/12/08
"Six feet of sunshine"
Posted By: Hindsite Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/12/08
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by shreck

If you think that's good...PARTICIPATING in coed beach volley ball is even more fun--one can end up in all kind of on court "entanglements".......... grin

Casey

I played the game for 20 years and coed V-ball was a lot of fun.

My wife and I were in CA in 1993 and we attended the Manhattan Beach Open which is the grand-daddy of the pro beach V-ball circuit. This was back in the day when the teams of Karch Kiraly/Kent Steffes, Randy Stoklos/ Sinjin Smith and Mike Dodd/Mike Whitmarsh were the best 2 on 2 teams in the country. It was a great time and I would recommend that anyone who has the opportunity to attend the MBO, do so.

The women are fun to watch grin and we have by far the best women's team in Beijing. Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh should go undefeated.

The men, Phil Dalhausser and Todd Rogers have already lost one match and will have to work hard to achieve a gold at this Olympics. I think they will finally get there but not without a battle.

It's a great sport that I'm glad is finally getting the recognition it deserves!..........Bump,Set........Spike! cool
this thread really needs more pictures grin
Walsh and Traynor after a win in Beijing........

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://bittenandbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/wenn788808.thumbnail.jpg[/img]

Even George got his pic taken with Kerry and Misty....... grin

[img]http://bittenandbound.com/wp-conten...-treanor-and-kerri-walsh-chat-with-w.JPG[/img]

much better.

grin
Posted By: rob p Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/12/08
Remember Gabrielle Reese? I used to think she was the perfect woman. She was the best volleyball player in the World, and was a very successful model.
Originally Posted by rob p
Remember Gabrielle Reese? I used to think she was the perfect woman. She was the best volleyball player in the World, and was a very successful model.

I sure do and I have seen her play..........V-ball grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Redneck Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/12/08
Originally Posted by Hindsite

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://bittenandbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/wenn788808.thumbnail.jpg[/img]

[img]http://bittenandbound.com/wp-conten...-treanor-and-kerri-walsh-chat-with-w.JPG[/img]

And to think this rear-angle shot was posted by 'Hindsite'..

It IS poetic justice... laugh laugh
caption this:

[Linked Image]

"So girls, I understand we are under a yellow alert for the uh.... wedgification, of the uh... bottoms, the wedgifaction of the beach V-ball bottoms? In which case the uh, bottoms can become uh... wedgified?"

grin

Hinnie-sighting........ cool

It was my pleasure..........Somebody had to do it. grin
Posted By: EvilTwin Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/12/08

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://bittenandbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/misty-

may-treanor-and-kerri-walsh-photo-10.thumbnail.jpg[/img]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

grinMy wife saw me ogling the pics and said a lot of deaths occur when OLD men like me have sex with young women like THOSE!!
My respnse:"If she dies,she dies...." grin grin
Posted By: Stan V Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/12/08
I've been watching the girls also, very entertaining......Walsh is a tall drink of water, eh?

Posted By: GunGeek Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/12/08
Originally Posted by SteelyEyes
That water polo confused me. I thought it was the worst synchronized swimmers in the world for a while there.
I've played water polo...essentially, it's smear the queer (can I say that?) in deep water.
Posted By: UtahLefty Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/12/08
luckily I get a free pass -- my 6 yo boy is really "into" ladies volleyball and my wife thinks it's "cute". thus we get to watch it without having to pretend to be doing something else. grin
Luckily for me my wife has always encouraged me to be involved with V-ball. We have traveled to numerous Pro V-Ball tournaments , both men and women........................ It's nice to have a supportive wife.

The most fun was as I mentioned earlier was the Manhattan Beach Open........I was actually commandeered to help officiate several pro match's that weekend...Great fun......... I was one of the linesmen who called the ball in or out.

While attending a Pro women's match , I recommend a good pair of sun glass's! grin

The wife recommends wearing them at men's match's.! grin grin
Posted By: JOG Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/12/08
I have a tough time figuring out who plays for which team - a "shirts and skins" approach would be most helpful.
Originally Posted by JOG
I have a tough time figuring out who plays for which team - a "shirts and skins" approach would be most helpful.

brilliant!!

Get that man a beer!
Posted By: ironbender Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/12/08
Eventually I'll probably wind up completely rewriting it from little tests, the way I should have in the first place;

This reminds me of one of my favorite quotes, from horse trainer Pat Parelli:
If you take the time it takes, it takes less time!

Sorry for the hijack from the scantily-clad girls thread. wink

Originally Posted by ironbender
Eventually I'll probably wind up completely rewriting it from little tests, the way I should have in the first place;

This reminds me of one of my favorite quotes, from horse trainer Pat Parelli:
If you take the time it takes, it takes less time!

Sorry fro the hijack from the scantily-clad girls thread. wink

Well, YEAH! At LEAST you could have included another copy of hindsite's hind sight pix.. laugh laugh
Is this better? smile
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

source
Who knows, you may enjoy this one too!

[Linked Image]
LMAO....
IB,

Now that's better.............It's an easy sport to get behind! grin
when the match is over, I hate to see them leave, but love to watch them walk away!
Originally Posted by Daverageguy
Personally i like the womens softball better and it's a crying shame this will be the last Olympics for it as a medal sport...Reckon the usa's record of something like 5 losses vs 311 wins might have something to do with it?

Yep if the US has a lock on it get rid of it and bring in something like Team Head Cheese Making.
Okay, I'm going to call foul! After you guys posted the pictures of the ladies' beach volleyball, I decided to watch the men compete on the Olympics tonight. I thought I'd get to see some buff guys running around in speedos. Instead, the men wore those loose baggy shorts that look like skirts, and floppy tops.

Now what's up with THAT????!!!!

I asked Barak, and he said it was because the women wanted to wear those skimpy bikinis... and the men chose to wear their kind of outfits.

Hmmmmm. Something doesn't add up here.... smirk

Penny
Posted By: Barkoff Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/13/08
Well think about it Penny, do you think we want to see guys in skimpy little speedos uh, reacting to skimpy little speedos?
Posted By: BMT Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/13/08
Originally Posted by ironbender
Is this better? smile
[Linked Image]

WOW

BMT
Posted By: ironbender Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/13/08
Better, huh?
smile
Posted By: Hindsite Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/13/08
Originally Posted by Barak's Womn
Okay, I'm going to call foul! After you guys posted the pictures of the ladies' beach volleyball, I decided to watch the men compete on the Olympics tonight. I thought I'd get to see some buff guys running around in speedos. Instead, the men wore those loose baggy shorts that look like skirts, and floppy tops.

I asked Barak, and he said it was because the women wanted to wear those skimpy bikinis... and the men chose to wear their kind of outfits.

Penny

Penny,

It sure does add up............The ratings are much better with the women dressed in very little !

Follow the dollar! smile

When the men play here in the states they look like this.....

Tod Rogers.....

[Linked Image]

His Olimpic partner Phil Dalhausser.....

[Linked Image]

Team #2 Jake Gibs...

[Linked Image]

......and his partner Sean Rosenthal...

[Linked Image]

Is that better........... grin

Posted By: rob p Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/13/08
Penny, beach volleyball is boring. The girls wear skimpy bikinis to get guys to watch. You'll notice those skimpy outfits have writing on them - endorsements - money. I'll go one further and point out that a lot of these girls have had "work done" to look better in their bikinis. It's about exposure and money. Unless the guys are wearing a hat, there's not much advertizing on them.
Originally Posted by Barak's Womn

Penny

Oh please Penny--tell me you don't like Speedo's... cry

Casey
Posted By: Redneck Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/13/08
Penny, beach volleyball is boring. The girls wear skimpy bikinis to get guys to watch.
Ain't America great?
You'll notice those skimpy outfits have writing on them - endorsements - money.
So who do I call to get 'signed up'? Wonder what the commentators would say after a tall babe with a bikini bottom that read, "GUNSMITH" on the back would say??? Hehehehehe
I'll go one further and point out that a lot of these girls have had "work done" to look better in their bikinis.
Kinda doubt that.. Unless it's 'boob reduction'.. That sport keeps people in SHAPE!
It's about exposure and money.
Ain't America great?

laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: Dutch Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/13/08
Originally Posted by northern_dave
caption this:

[Linked Image]

I believe what Kerri Walsh is telling the President is "in your face".
Posted By: Redneck Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/13/08
In which case his answer would be, "Promise?" laugh
Posted By: sgt217 Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/13/08
She probably is saying "I bet you can't look us in the eyes..."
I'll go one further and point out that a lot of these girls have had "work done" to look better in their bikinis.

What a society of obese people we have become........................These women look the way they do because of extensive training. Playing V-ball in the sand is extremely demanding and anyone who thinks it's easy has never tried it!

Being fit in this country is not the norm and often mistaken for having had some sort of work done......Training with great intensity is all these women V-ball players are guilty of !

......Training with great intensity is all these women V-ball players are guilty of !

That & the extreme hotness, very guilty, and the premeditated wedgification factor, guilty!!

grin

......Training with great intensity is all these women V-ball players are guilty of !

That & the extreme hotness, very guilty, and the premeditated wedgification factor, guilty!!

grin

OK...........Guilty of that to. grin

Guilty of putting a smile on my face as well! grin
P.S. to N.Dave.......

I hear my wood boiler is leaving the factory on Monday! That is good news.

I'm ready to install the beast........ grin
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/13/08
P.S. to N.Dave.......

I'm ready to install the beast........ grin

Hey now!!! Let's stay on subject... grin
P.S. to N.Dave.......

I'm ready to install the beast........

looking out my office window I bet I can lay my eyes on yours being built right now.

Probably have exterior parts for it going through my powder coating system as we speak.

Congrats, one hell of an alternate heating source you'll have there. And it also beats emission standards for your area so you are clean & legal as can be.

[Linked Image]

these girls must have fallen down.
Posted By: mathman Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/13/08
Haven't there been some "wood" boilers in the pics? laugh
I bet that aint the first time they've been in that position...
oe vice versa...
Posted By: ironbender Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/13/08
Originally Posted by mathman
Haven't there been some "wood" boilers in the pics? laugh

Best line in the entire thread! laugh

[Linked Image]

This is how they celebrate a win........and.........both Kerry and Misty are both married.....to men!. grin
I wanna "celebrate" too!! smile
Posted By: Violator22 Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/13/08
I love Women's Beach Volley Ball, just wish they wore real bikini tops instead of them sports bras. No bounce in it. grin
Posted By: MarkG Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/13/08
Yeah I love the Volleyball myself. I play on a county co-ed rec. league. One time we had this new girl who was very "fit" (read Hot) show up to play with us as a sub. There wasn't alot of time for introductions, we had an early match.
As you play together you get a feel for where everybody will be at any one time. Well we did not have that luxery that night. We both went for a ball mid court, and kinda collided, all I remeber was comming down with a hand full of very firm breast, (about a 34C grin)and saying, Hi Im Mark! lol
She moved on at the end of the year, but I sure miss playing with them, I mean her. whistle
Posted By: sse Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/13/08
I had to laugh during the last summer olympics, the CBC coverage of ladies beach volleyball included close ups of the player at the net leaning forward and giving finger signals by holding her hand around behind her butt. Always trying to get the best "coverage" of the moment, they would zoom right in on the fingers, and the background was often breathtaking...LOL!
Posted By: shreck Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/13/08
work done" to look better in their bikinis.

I assumed he meant work with wax and razors. grin
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Oh please Penny--tell me you don't like Speedo's... cry

What's wrong with Speedo's... on the right body? laugh

Penny
Posted By: shreck Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/13/08
USA vs. Norway. laugh
Norway..hehehehe...wonder if there will be blondes?
Olympics good, fire bad! grin
Posted By: rob p Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/14/08

What a society of obese people we have become........................These women look the way they do because of extensive training. Playing V-ball in the sand is extremely demanding and anyone who thinks it's easy has never tried it!

Being fit in this country is not the norm and often mistaken for having had some sort of work done......Training with great intensity is all these women V-ball players are guilty of !

I was talking about the cleavage man.

When a woman with a rock hard physique and no more than a single digit body fat percentage, and has bountiful endowment that does not move when she herself is bouncing around, I think "work done."
Posted By: Redneck Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/14/08

I was talking about the cleavage man.
What cleavage?? Not on May or Walsh, that's for sure..

When a woman with a rock hard physique and no more than a single digit body fat percentage, and has bountiful endowment that does not move when she herself is bouncing around, I think "work done."
You must be watching some different broadcasts... Of the matches I've been able to find, I've not seen any bountious boobs on any of the teams yet... (dangitall... laugh )
Posted By: tbear99 Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/14/08
may and walsh are spectacular to watch for sure
Posted By: tzone Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/14/08
Originally Posted by JOG

JOG, that is the new "best post" ever on this site. congratulations. grin grin

I hear my wood boiler is leaving the factory on Monday! [b]That b]

after seeing this....my wood boiler is ready now...grin
Posted By: tjm10025 Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/14/08

[Linked Image]

This is how they celebrate a win........and.........both Kerry and Misty are both married.....to men!. grin

I'm okay with that.

- Tom
Posted By: tbear99 Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/14/08
talk about a pic that could get a twisted interpitation
Originally Posted by MarkG
all I remeber was comming down with a hand full of very firm breast, (about a 34C grin)and saying, Hi Im Mark! lol

This is getting better and better as it goes. How in hell did I not read this beford crazy silly me, that's for sure.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/14/08

[Linked Image]

Oh, to be a piece of salami in THAT babe sandwich... laugh laugh

Sorry, Penny, I just COULD NOT resist... (mumbling crappy 'sorrys' under my hot breath... ) hehehehee
I got yer salami right here grin

ok enough by me. sorry
Posted By: Hindsite Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/15/08
This is how they celebrate a side out..........

[Linked Image]

Looking good George.......

[Linked Image]

I don't think he knows what to do with his hands! grin
Posted By: Redneck Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/15/08
Anyone but me notice Walsh's face looks a LOT like Stan Laurel?

From the neck up, one wants to make a sign 'o the cross and scurry away... laugh
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/15/08
Face?....OH, yea....that... Yep, she has one....
Posted By: MarkG Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/15/08
Yeah I have never thought either of them were nessassarily "pretty" women. There not. But when the back yard is that well manacured, does it really matter? wink
Posted By: Hindsite Re: Ladies beach volleyball - 08/19/08
Semi-sweep: Misty, Kerri to play for gold U.S. beach volleyball team advances to final
Posted Monday, August 18, 2008 5:37 PM ET

[Linked Image]

Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh's winning streak and gold-medal quest continued Tuesday.

The American beach volleyball players defeated Brazil's Talita Antunes and Renata Ribeiro 21-12, 21-14 in the semifinals to advance to Thursday's gold-medal match, where they will be playing for their second straight Olympic title.

More on win.................. cool

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Redneck
Anyone but me notice Walsh's face looks a LOT like Stan Laurel?

From the neck up, one wants to make a sign 'o the cross and scurry away... laugh

They have faces...really ....I never noticed grin
© 24hourcampfire