Home
Posted By: let_me_in No! - 01/28/09
I thought I left the worst that Wisconsin has to offer--except the tax hell--in Wisconsin. Sweetwater, TX, 16 degrees, ice covering everything, with snow capping the ice. Throw in the usual west Texas wind and it's as uncomfortable as I'm willing to tolerate.

Of course, it's supposed to be in the fifties later today with even warmer temps heading into the week end. Patience is a golden virtue, just not one of mine. Come on sun!
Posted By: Teal Re: No! - 01/28/09
-3 in GB right now. But it's a dry heat....
Posted By: the_shootist Re: No! - 01/28/09
Originally Posted by teal

Howlin' laugh grin
Posted By: let_me_in Re: No! - 01/28/09
But it's a dry heat....

Frabill's and Mr Heater's, 'bout the only way.

It's been a cold one for you guys this season.
You getting any action this winter? You know, the big perch and walleye's?
Posted By: Redneck Re: No! - 01/28/09
Humpf - toasty there...

-13 at 4:00 am this morning...

BrotherBart called me yesterday bitchin' about the +35F in TX.. I just laughed at him.. laugh laugh If he wants to feel cold, sez I, come on up Nort'...
Posted By: Hindsite Re: No! - 01/28/09
We are getting 1 to 2 feet of snow today.......It will cost the tax payers of Maine 1.3 million to clean up!

Just what our ailing state budget needs!
We are getting 1 to 2 feet of snow today.......It will cost the tax payers of Maine 1.3 million to clean up!

God has a great sense of humor.
Ain't catching anything right now. Had fish on the viewer and they wouldn't bite a damned thing Saturday.

Been colder than -3 Redneck, I just went off yahoo's temp. I am guessing that actually it is closer to -7 or -8, yahoo seems to be about 5 to 10 degrees optimistic versus every other thermometer in the place...
Posted By: T LEE Re: No! - 01/28/09
Dang it, you boyz think you got it rough, it is only 62 this morning here. smile smile smile
I won't see 64 for 3 more months. Don't bother me much. I'd rather have -10 than anything over 76 degrees...
Posted By: Colorado1135 Re: No! - 01/28/09
I went out to start my vehicle this morning and noticed it was allot warmer, so I checked. its 7 ABOVE zero! we're havin a heat wave!
Posted By: isaac Re: No! - 01/28/09
I was out scraping ice off my winshield at 5 am this morning. Coldest Virginia in 13 years.

I am in full "Seasonal Affectation Disorder" as I write this.

My doo-dads have been lodged somewhere up inside my stomach for about a month now.

Give me 50 degrees minimum or give me death. I'm tired of this schit. Mom and Dad...can I mooch a Naples, Florida visit off of you?
Posted By: Ready Re: No! - 01/28/09
Say teal - about your avatar. Is that you? Hope not.

I mean no harm, but admit that this guys agressive after-hours tv, infomercial agressive salesmanship annoys me some.

How about a serene landscape? No? Favorite firearm, perhaps? Anything?

laugh
Posted By: pick Re: No! - 01/28/09
Remember now you ALL

Blame GLOBAL WARMING ... That is the cause of all the planets problems.

Never mind that 6 of the last 8 years have been colder worldwide then the 100 year norm.

Al Gore who invented the internet is telling us it is true. No matter what you are experiencing or seeing on the temp gauges, those 'smarter' then us know that global warming is to blame and those 'evil' humans are to blame. (all except them of course)
Posted By: okie Re: No! - 01/28/09
We are caked in ice this morning in the Red River valley and the thermometer on the back porch is reading 11 degrees but it will warm up today above freezing...I'm as thin skinned as Bart is and feel for you guys and gals that have to deal with this ALL winter...It is supposed to be in the 50's here Thursday...
Posted By: rattler Re: No! - 01/28/09
20 above here.................HEAT WAVE!.....wind is supposed to start blowing like hell later though.......
Posted By: Cheesy Re: No! - 01/28/09
I hope you Wisconsin guys turn the heater on the second week of February, I'll be in Wasau, Wisconsin Rapids, and Green Bay the entire week, and don't like anything much below zero. 9 here this morning with 6 inches of new snow, but Saturday I'll be pheasant hunting in Western Kansas and its supposed to be in the lower 50's.
Posted By: Redneck Re: No! - 01/28/09
Originally Posted by Cheesy
I hope you Wisconsin guys turn the heater on the second week of February, I'll be in Wasau, Wisconsin Rapids, and Green Bay the entire week, and don't like anything much below zero. 9 here this morning with 6 inches of new snow, but Saturday I'll be pheasant hunting in Western Kansas and its supposed to be in the lower 50's.
You may be in luck.. It might hang around +10-+15 all next week..

Piece of cake..
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: No! - 01/28/09
Originally Posted by cmg

I mean no harm, but admit that this guys agressive after-hours tv, infomercial agressive salesmanship annoys me some.

laugh

The Shamwow is made in Germany same place you're from....doncha' know that the Germans make good stuff? smile
Posted By: selmer Re: No! - 01/28/09
I won't see 64 for 3 more months. Don't bother me much. I'd rather have -10 than anything over 76 degrees...

BIG ditto!
Posted By: selmer Re: No! - 01/28/09
It's supposed to hit +30 if we're lucky on Saturday. It hasn't broken +30 here yet this month...
Posted By: akpls Re: No! - 01/28/09
Supposed to be approaching -50 here this weekend. I'm sure it will head down your way in a week or so. grin
Originally Posted by cmg

laugh

I might change my avatar for the next 20 minutes, because you know I can't do it all day...
Posted By: NathanL Re: No! - 01/28/09
Just wait it will change. Yesterday here in TX it was 75 degrees and sunny. This morning it was 28 degrees and raining.
Posted By: Ready Re: No! - 01/29/09
Teal,thanks. 20min. break would be fine. laugh
Take, what I can get.

We produce - selling we leve to others. We are not that bendable here...
Posted By: let_me_in Re: No! - 01/29/09
MOA - My Own Ability, is it not?

I like that!
Posted By: sgt217 Re: No! - 01/29/09
AAAhhh...A morning above zero. It is 6 degrees and snowing right now. Supposed to climb to a lofty 15 before back to -10 tonight.
Posted By: Ready Re: No! - 01/29/09
Thank you. Courtescies returned.

Posted By: let_me_in Re: No! - 01/29/09
AAAhhh...A morning above zero. It is 6 degrees and snowing right now. Supposed to climb to a lofty 15 before back to -10 tonight.

I see you are a transplant to that type of weather. Right about now, you have to be having second thoughts. It "warms" to above zero, snows, then plunges back to numbing cold. It has been a few years since WI has had this type of winter. An above freezing day would be a mile stone.
Posted By: Ken Howell Re: No! - 01/29/09
After the highs in my first summer in Alaska had peaked in the nineties, forty above was very chilly that fall.

After the lows in my first winter in Alaska had bottomed at about fifty below (with forty below common), forty above had us basking bare-chested in the sun.
© 24hourcampfire