Home
Will have a 8 week old Lab puppy soon, and trying to decide on a name for him. so far we like....

FRED
DOC
BILL
IKE
JAKE

Help us out and give us some names?
How about Barney?

Have you seen him yet? It's hard to name a puppy without seeing him!

Penny

Pictures, we need pictures. grin

How can we help name your cuddly, squirming new buddy without seeing photos of him?

Steve

chew because hes going to chew everything up for about two yrs grin
Arthur, as in Arthur Savage
Damnit, because you're gonna say it a lot anyway.
You could always go the Steve Martin route too, name him schithead. grin
How about Squidge? grin

I've been considering these 2 for my next dog. Chili or Sherman.
I like Chili just because it sounds goofy like me. Sherman because the founding father Roger Sherman was the only man to sign both the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States of America.
Here is a pic at 4 weeks old.

[Linked Image]
Ah he's cute, name him Les
Originally Posted by stxhunter
chew because hes going to chew everything up for about two yrs grin
I am not looking forward to that! I will be watching him like a newborn baby!
He's adorable! I love those eyes.
IKE.
Iker for short.
I can get creative when it comes to dog names, so here goes. You came to the 'fire for help, so here are some suggestions.

Brim: From "fire and brimstone".

Trap: From "firetrap".

Plug: From "fireplug".

Tong: From "fire tongs".

And even tho it has been used thousands of times, you can never go wrong naming a black lab "Shadow".

Addition: Just saw the pic. Drop Shadow. grin
He looks like a Gus to me...
I ran into a guy over in Idaho who had a great looking Black lab named "Spook". I just said, "Oh".

Our Yellow Lab was named "Prince", and he really was. The only problem he had was that he tended to run away whenever he felt like it. I never figured out what triggered him to run. He lived a long and mostly happy life.

Around here they only use two names for the Labs, Gus and Bud.
Originally Posted by slg888
Will have a 8 week old Lab puppy soon, and trying to decide on a name for him. so far we like....

FRED
DOC
BILL
IKE
JAKE

What is his personality?
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Gus was just added to the top 3 list.
Originally Posted by elkhunter76

FRED
DOC
BILL
IKE
JAKE

What is his personality?
How do you do that? Thats cool how you cross the names out!
my yellow lab i had years ago was named pudding
I had a yellow named Gus once. His real name was Augustus McCrae.
Call him "Ole Yeller." laugh
that's a great name for a dog.

yeller.

hm...

-tom

FRED
DOC
BILL
IKE
JAKE

How about Bret
Originally Posted by Barak's Womn
How about Barney?

Have you seen him yet? It's hard to name a puppy without seeing him!

Penny

Defiantly, can't name him without seeing him.
Originally Posted by elkhunter76

FRED
DOC
BILL
IKE
JAKE

What is his personality?
How do you do that? Thats cool how you cross the names out!

When I use the quote button the menu at the top has an S. Hi lite the word and select that button.

That pup is unique and deserves a unique name. He has a look about him. That is why I asked what his personality is like I have 2 labs. Sam & Belle.
Mr. PeeBody
Rip,

GTC
How about Orion, the greatest hunter ever! Or maybe Bronson, for the greates arse kicker ever!
I like Zach, its a good strong name for a male dog.
Trampus...always liked that handle.
If he has what will be a big droopy stile face, how about Hollis?
He looks like a "Gunnar" to me. Viking for "warrior" and pronounced "gunner", a cool name for a water dog.
Rusty
Major
Bowzer
Oliver
Chaz
How about Les II grin
Our yellow is "Sage"

Same Fox Red color yours is.
Great looking pup. Were his parents that dark of red or fox color? My 11 male is a deep color like that. Our new male pup Cody is more ivory. It will all be fun, especially the housebreaking if he is kept in. Cody goes to the door now and scratches to go out to do his job. Steve
Trap or Skeet
Jose, because your going to be saying "No, No way Jose, No!!!!" a lot for the first two years.
Had a black I called D.O.G.

But with that square head, Knot Head. You'll be calling him that anyway.
Name him either Maser or Jason.

laugh
Angus
"Chance" would be a good name, his eyes are sort of saying "give me a Chance to make you love me"....

Lynn
otis, peet, joe, muskrat, drummer
Pizzer, for obvious reasons...

After tripping over black dogs between me and the bathroom in dark rooms for 30 years I named my current dog Tripper Lab.

Finally got it right......
Slammer
Dusty
Goose
Brock
Sammy
I wanted to name our black lab bitch "Oprah".

I was over ruled by the CEO!
smile

It was for the chirren!
Originally Posted by 338Rem
Great looking pup. Were his parents that dark of red or fox color? My 11 male is a deep color like that. Our new male pup Cody is more ivory. It will all be fun, especially the housebreaking if he is kept in. Cody goes to the door now and scratches to go out to do his job. Steve
Parents can be viewed at mythiclabs.com , look under "available puppies" to see parents. Male was dark yellow, and Female was light.
Digger

Dusty

Sarge

Tyrone

Buddy
GUNTHER!
How about "Puppy"?
Originally Posted by Mosaic_Lynn
"Chance" would be a good name, his eyes are sort of saying "give me a Chance to make you love me"....

Lynn

Sorry I bailed, I got tired. I like Mosaic Lynn's suggestion of CHANCE or Idaho Elk Hunter's suggestion of Goose. Seems to me single syllable names work best. Especially in the field.
How about Kerby, like the vacuum cleaner. That is what he will do to the crumbs and anything else that hits the floor.
Hell, til I was 30 or so, I thought my name was "Dammit Les", good name for a dog. grin
A friend had a black Lab named Coal. He was another dog who would not return on command. When he tried to get him to return we heard more "goddammit's" than we heard "Coal's".

As in "GD, Coal, GD you".
Digger

Steve

Doug
Looks like a "Buster" to me.
Reminds me of when I was looking for a name for my part time racket, thought about "Hollinger Rentals", "Hollinger Solutions" (for the construction end) etc. The guy I work with told me, "Why don't you call it what everybody here calls you, "F**king Hollinger?"

FRED
DOC
BILL
IKE
JAKE

I dunno why, but I love dogs with people names. I'd have to know the pup and his personality before knowing which would fit him good though.
Duke
I like

Gus
Goose
Moose
Copper
and
Boss
At some point in life you have to realize that a name is jinxed for you! Thus when I got my two yellow labs, I let my wife name them. Two twin sisters, one she named �Cinnamon�, and the other she named �Taffy�.

Me over a period of some 20 years or so, I�ve had an Irish setter, Malamute, 2 German Shepherds, and a Coyote pup I named all �Shannon�, and every last one of them got stolen, except for the Coyote pup Fish & Game came and picked it up and left me a nasty note to boot.

Figured I�d better play it safe this time around and let the wife name them. So far it�s worked! grin

Phil
Doesn't matter what you name him, he'll think his name is "NO!!". Nice looking pooch, tho.

1flier
Cooper
CASH! everybody loves cash.

PS my wife would not let me name our son that. I still call him that when she is not around.
"Dude"

Here, dude!

Hey Dude, drop it!

Stop humping that golden retriever, Dude!

If you are a Jerry Reed fan try Amos Moses.
I had a black lab that I named P�l�.

He could do anything with a ball. Great dog.
I had a yellow named Jake for 15 years, there wasn't anything he couldn't retrieve and or get into... grin

One day I was out at a friends place who had taken one of Jakes pups. His son was working on his discus training. I said to him, doesn't it get a bit old tossin that thing and going and getting it. Well you have it sorted out by now, he'd trained my dogs pup to retrieve the darned discus....

Dober

(other thought, you could call him Fire after the Camp Fire)
My English bulldog's name is Paladin, we call him pal for short..
name him RUFF after dennis the menaces dog
We call one of our dogs the Ace of Spades as it's interchangeable with the name of Ace Whole or as variation of that and he gets called the latter name quite often.
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

That's my black lab's name.

we also have a basset hound named Lucy.

And a filthy outside cat named Gary.

i hate that cat.

I like the people names for dogs. It's fun.

How bout "Robert"

grin

chitt that would be funny.

Ralph- 'Ralph the Dog.'
grin
A good friend and hunting buddy of mine from the UP in Michigan had a great yellow lab named PITA. (pain in the a$$) Great duck hunting dog, great friend. Unfortunately both have traveled to that big glorious marsh in the sky. My vote is for "PITA".
© 24hourcampfire