Home
Posted By: Teal Wedding size - 05/03/09
Little brother had his wedding on Friday. They invited 360 and fed 355. About an average wedding for these parts. He paid for the food and the beer. They went through 8 full kegs of beer with quite a few drinking mixers (I know I was along with many many others).

Largest wedding I was at had 1200 for dinner, in a town of 1000 people, that's a lot.

So what is a large wedding for your neck of the woods? How do you judge the size of the wedding? I n Wisconsin/UP it's by your bar tab and dead chickens.
Posted By: Allan S. Re: Wedding size - 05/03/09
Six at mine, including the JP and his wife
Posted By: UtahLefty Re: Wedding size - 05/03/09
4 for us, (including us) smile
Posted By: Scorpion Re: Wedding size - 05/03/09
My parents I think were about 500 or so. Cousin just got married and had over 200 I think. My uncle and his wife had only about 10 or 15. My aunt and her husband had less than 10.
Posted By: twodogs Re: Wedding size - 05/04/09
Our daughter picked a year for her wedding when we were doing pretty well. She invited over 400 people and I think they all showed.

We were living near Seattle at the time so it wasn't an especially large event.

She and her Mom planned it for about a year so I only got hit once for a big $$$ outlay.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Wedding size - 05/04/09
We got married about 3 weeks ago.

4 people.

The party will be in August. Family, friends and coworkers should be an interesting mix.(The crazy MIL is buying so everyone is invited......)
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: Wedding size - 05/04/09
Originally Posted by SamOlson
We got married about 3 weeks ago.

4 people.

The party will be in August. Family, friends and coworkers should be an interesting mix.(The crazy MIL is buying so everyone is invited......)

Well I sure as heck hope Fred and Henry were invited!!!

Casey
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Wedding size - 05/04/09
Of course!
Posted By: las Re: Wedding size - 05/04/09
Originally Posted by Allan S.
Six at mine, including the JP and his wife

7 here. The Bishop's wife was out of town.. He told funny marriage stories tho... smile

Everyone but the preacher went on the honeymoon for the next week... then we went sheep hunting- taking a good friend along.

Hey - there's more to marriage than sex, right??? Besides, we'd BTDT. Seemed like worth pursuing, long term....

32 years come August.
© 24hourcampfire