Home

ELECTRIC FENCE

Seems a sheep farmer in Alton Illinois was puzzled about the disappearance
of some sheep on his farm. After a few weeks the farmer
decided to put up an electric fence.

About a week later, this is what he found!

Now, I know we've all heard of people being eaten by
snakes & I bet most of us have said, 'If a snake tried to
eat me, I'd blah, blah, blah & get away.'

Well, this is a Python & they're extremely aggressive &
have a few teeth that they use to hold their prey while
they wrap around them & then constrict.

Could you get away if this one bit you & held on with it's
'few teeth?'

(Note: The wires are 10 inches apart.)
OOOHHH
Alton, Illinois is on the Mississippi River just above St. Louis , Missouri .

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Very old pic, and not from there either.
African Rock Python, RSA.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/fencesnake.asp
Still makes a good story. Especially for those of us that don't like snakes. grin
My next door neighbor from about 10 years ago had a 14 ft. anaconda he kept in an aquarium, it was about the same size as the one in the photograph. He'd take the snake out at parties and drape it over his shoulders, quite a conversation starter. One day the snake decided Chip would make a good meal and started constricting, trying to squeeze him to death. Chip was a pretty big guy, 6'4" and about 260, used to play linebacker for Clemson, and was built like a brick you know what. He said it took every ounce of strength he had to uncoil that snake. That thing would have been a pair of boots a long time ago if it were me.
they dont necessarily constrict yah cause they are looking to eat yah.....scare them and they will hold on tight to whatever they are on......they dont care if its a branch or your neck......i dont recommend doing it with any constrictor, be they pythons, boas or even our local bullsnakes if they are over about 5 foot....our bullsnakes have enough strength to close down your carotid arteries once they hit bout 4-1/2 or 5 foot if yah let them wrap around your neck....similar sized ratsnakes can do it to......
�Oh Grandmother�, said Little Red Riding Hood, �What big teeth you have.�
Originally Posted by djs
�Oh Grandmother�, said Little Red Riding Hood, �What big teeth you have.�

grin grin
I just fall back on my old rule.

If you have more than 4 legs or no legs at all, chances are,, I'm gonna kill ya.
© 24hourcampfire