Home
Posted By: Doughboy Birthday of a Local Legend - 08/11/09
Today is my Father-in-Laws Birthday. He is the man who most recently introduced me to this forum. But Before that he was the man who took my own late fathers' 1917 Enfield rifle and put a new stock and Leupold scope on it for a Christmas gift. After that he paid off the balance of a Marlin 12 gauge. He bought me an RCBS starter kit and got me into reloading, he took me Sporting Clay shooting and got me into shotshell reloading. As you can see, the list of things he has gotten me involved with goes on for quite a while. I've been hunting with him now for over 21 years, some good seasons, some not so good, but I consider myself lucky and privleged to have a man like this to be my hunting buddy, my mentor, my friend, and my Dad. Chances are he will be on later, so everybody wish Luke a Happy Birthday!
well happy birthday Luke. keep on huntin...
Happy Birthday Luke!

and good for you doughboy!
Posted By: isaac Re: Birthday of a Local Legend - 08/11/09
Very cool, what you just did,Doughboy.

Happy Birthday,Luke.
Luke, Happy Birthday. Doughboy, you are a lucky man to have a FIL like that.
Posted By: 4xbear Re: Birthday of a Local Legend - 08/11/09
Ya done good Doughboy, Happy Birthday Luke. Bear
Posted By: tzone Re: Birthday of a Local Legend - 08/11/09
Happy bday luke.

Rosholt eh...I'm not too far from you. Live near Weston.
Posted By: W7ACT Re: Birthday of a Local Legend - 08/11/09
+1 from Western Washington, Happy Birthday Luke. Anyone who can take out to be Mentor can't be all bad. I only there was more like you.
happy day!
Posted By: Sassy Re: Birthday of a Local Legend - 08/11/09
Happy Birthday Luke! Looks like your daughter had very good taste in picking you a winner for a son in law.
Posted By: T LEE Re: Birthday of a Local Legend - 08/11/09
Happy Birthday Luke

[Linked Image]
Happy birthday Luke.

It's good to see a father-in-law and a son-in-law become good friends. A rare commodity in this age.
Posted By: luke Re: Birthday of a Local Legend - 08/12/09
Thanks to all for the kind words and well wishes. My wife of 42 years and I are of the same opinion; and that is,we won the lottery when we got Doughboy for a son-in-law.
© 24hourcampfire