Home
Hey guys,

Here's the deal. I want to do what I can to help raise some 'get well soon' funds for Ken Howell. Just to help out with any bills, or whatever he might need or like to aid in his recovery.

I am going to bake cookies. Lots of cookies. If anyone would like some, place a bid, send a check (made out to Ken) and I will mail you a big box of fresh homemade cookies.
I'm going to use those Priority Mail Flat Rate boxes -about the size of a large shoebox, so you'll be getting a good amount of these delectable morsels!

Let's start the bidding at $60.44/box

What say you?

Please PM me for details.

Just as an idea of what you could be getting, here's some cookies a just baked for another event..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Jane was pretty successful with her nanner bread, and nobody died, right? grin
Let's hit this one outta the park too.

Do I hear $75.44? grin

In my current state I'm not sure I could even eat any cookies...my appetite/food selections are in a strange, chemo-affected place right now. (Hmm...maybe some molasses cookies with maple on them... smile.) How about if I just send you a check, and we don't worry about me getting the cookies?

PM me with your address and I'll get it out today.

Dennis
You just tell me any special requirements for the cookies, and I will do it, Dennis! Molasses and maple, I can do that. smile

Same goes for everyone else. Just tell me what you fancy.
hey- do we get a self-portrait too !?!?!?!?!?! smile
anything to help a good cause, right... grin
[Linked Image]
Good on ya Lady, but I already have a donation ready for direct mail, no need for inducements to help the good Dr. out!
Well as with our last bake sale I still must cry unemployed and poverty.

Can't afford a $70 box of cookies at the moment, but pm me some details and I'll just throw in what I was able to last time.

Won't need any of those cookies, though they do look good, I'm trying to get my girlish figure back.

Good luck to Mr. Howell, and good on you for picking up the ball and running with it.
Even $20 will get you cookies! More like a personal size box though, rather than the family size.

And honest, my cookies help for a girlish figure... grin you'll feel so guilty after eating them that you'll go workout 4times as hard grin

Terry- You still let me know if your sweet tooth starts bugging you, ok? smile
Originally Posted by ShootingLady
[Linked Image]

You sure are skinny. grin I did my part already, what I could. This should bring in more people though...who could resist them cookies.
haha yeah, and I stay that way even though I eat my own cookies grin So I don't want to hear any "I'm on a diet I can't have cookies" excuses from anyone

OK...we'll take 50.00 $mooochies worth of cookies<grin>.

Ned wants oatmeal/chocolate chip....and I want coconut/chocolate chip....

And HURRY UP with the order....LOL....and make sure the box is jamned-packed!

PM me Ken's full name and the addy I need to dance the funds to...
You got it! One box, amply stuffed full of oatmeal chip and coconut chip will be headed your way shortly!
Do you send to Korea? What am I saying I don't even have an address yet...
Good Show -- funds enroute -- fire up that wood stove -- smirk
Shootinglady, you have a PM. miles

I spoke with Ken earlier today on the phone, he sounded good.
Sunday morning bump. miles
Afternoon bump
at post office shipping first box now!

Hey guys, I'm not tired of baking yet smile
A good thread to go back to the top...

And a good effort to contribute to...whether you want cookies or not... grin.

Though I'm willing to bet these are pretty tasty...

Dennis
I am having a TERRIBLE time with my Computer, it might be time for a new one DUH!!! Can someone post Kens addy for me, I keep getting bumped off line and I can't search long enough right now.
Shooting Lady, it is a wonderful thing you are doing for Ken.
If someone can PM me an addy for Ken as I will send what i can directly to him. I appreciate the cookie offer, but there is no need to "buy me" LOL...I will do what I can for Ken, just because. God bless all of you who try to help. I mean that.
Clif
Ken's home address is Box 28, Quemado NM 87829. He has a friend collecting his mail and it will be forwarded it to him.

No word on when he'll be able to leave the Care Center.
She sent me TEN POUNDS of damned cookies<belly laughin'>.....I couldn't believe my eyes....lol.

Fanciest cookies I've ever had! The next time you see me, I'll be toting a 100 pound anchor<grin>....

I figured it required pics...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I'll be toting a 100 pound anchor

Not likely with that bearded hoover you have.
Careful, you'll hurt his feelers<grin>....

Man...'Bearded Hoover' had both of us laughing out loud....literally.

You have a knack.

He has already eatin' enough to make him sick, lol.
Never trust a man that don't eat.
Never trust a woman that eats too much.

See, we really are kin<grin>....

I froze 2/3 of the cookies, and I plan on defrosting them during the Holidays and pretending like I baked them, bwahahahhaha. Well worth 50 $moooochies<grin>!
I'll know you didn't bake them if I'm not having a cathartic experience in the bathroom.........
hmmm...this thread popped up while I was on vacation. Since Mr Howell has been one of my favorites, and since rumours of mystical cookies keep popping up around here, I guess I best try some, take some to work, serve 'em at my housewarming party, or something smile I will take $50 worth, and PM me the details, please. smile
PM sent!

Been playing around making up new recipes, the cranberry almond ones turned out awesome. Especially after maturing for a day, the almond flavor really comes out nicely...
SL,

Janie sent the bananarama bread to my folks and it provided them with some sort of magic moment. If you can do the same then I'm all in for Ken.

PM me with details. Thanks for the service!

David
M�nage � cookie?
didn't ask and didn't want to know but sorta got that feeling--not sure what she put in that dough but it led to a picnic by the lake.

Jane??
It gave me a cathartic experience I'll never forget......
hmmm...I am starting to wonder whether or not I should take any of these to work...
Originally Posted by byc
SL,

Janie sent the bananarama bread to my folks and it provided them with some sort of magic moment. If you can do the same then I'm all in for Ken.

PM me with details. Thanks for the service!

David
PM sent.

I'll do my best to deliver! some have had moments just looking at my cookies
Originally Posted by byc
didn't ask and didn't want to know but sorta got that feeling--not sure what she put in that dough but it led to a picnic by the lake.

was it the same recipe as The Cake?
That was your idea. To this day she will still not speak to me---
Hey guys, donations can also be made via Paypal!
I'm shipping cookies Monday, who else wants some of this batch??
As of today, I am still accepting orders, however will not be able to bake/ship anymore until next week (Sep 1st at soonest).

A heartfelt thanks for all the support of this effort so far! You guys are great.
You guys flat know how to squeeze an ol' phardt's hard ol' heart until his throat gets hard too!

I'll get back to you with more when I'm back on a familiar 'puter. I'm having more than the usual difficulties with this temporarily borrowed one.

Brain and heart seem as strong as ever -- and as firmly focused on the Campfire as ever.

Ken Howell
P O Box 28
Quemado, NM 87829

Really looking forward to Sunday and visits from a couple of my specialest Honorary Daughters!
Good to hear from ya Ken, you get better, my girls send hugs for ya. Les
Brain and heart seem as strong as ever

Those are the parts that count -- although single guys seem to find other parts more important.

I read just today about your injury. A speedy recovery may not be as likely as in earlier years, but here's to a full recovery.

Best wishes Ken,

Karl
OUTSTANDING KEN! GREAT to see you here! Keep on keeping on my friend and I will keep the prayers a coming.
Ken,

Good to hear from you, and glad you're back in the circle, even if but a little right now. You're part of a great group that will give you more support than you ever imagined...or at least more than I ever imagined. It is incredibly comforting, and, at least in my case, humbling too. In a good way, making my life better.

Take good care, and enjoy the support you're getting...especially from people like ShootingLady smile.

Dennis
Ken, good to hear from you. Hope your mending is coming along at a good pace. miles
It was an absolute treasure to have met Ken last weekend!! Can't put into words what a treat it was. Wish I'd been able to stay longer.

Les and Sassy- I delivered those hugs for the girls smile

If anyone still wants cookies, let me know now, I'll be baking tomorrow and shipping Tuesday.
Back in school now, pulling 23 units, so I won't have as much free time for baking after this weekend.
Let me know when you're taking orders just to take orders.
now that's funny---and I am guessing only the three of us know why! grin
Originally Posted by byc
now that's funny---and I am guessing only the three of us know why! grin

??
23 units and baking cookies for the masses she might need help with plain ole order taking.

Gwenn I can bring baking soda and help rise to the occasion. Just keep my name out of the papers.

Glad Ken is getting well--------
© 24hourcampfire