Home
All the posts lately about healthcare, end of the world, Soylent Green etc. got me thinking....

If the end comes, the available game will be shot out in short order. Food will be in short supply. How will you survive?

The one thing that's pretty easy to kill that won't be in short supply is people.

I believe I will shoot and eat people if things get bad. They are much easier to hunt and there are plenty of them around.

What about ya'll?

JM.

I'll have to get back to you on that. I have thought about it.
Only young females and the choice cuts. LOL
like 378 says, would I?

i already have, at least the soup part

i think most folks if they were really hungry would eat a lot more diverse food than they currently do. most of us are very rarely very hungry.

if folks get hungry all bets are off
I have bought boxes of Lea & Perrin and Tony's just in case..
You already ate your neighbors kid, so we know your answer. grin
I try to eat one at least once a week.
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
All the posts lately about healthcare, end of the world, Soylent Green etc. got me thinking....

If the end comes, the available game will be shot out in short order. Food will be in short supply. How will you survive?

The one thing that's pretty easy to kill that won't be in short supply is people.

I believe I will shoot and eat people if things get bad. They are much easier to hunt and there are plenty of them around.

What about ya'll?

JM.
If it's Cheryl Burke, I'll start right now.. laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: JOG Re: Would you eat another person? - 10/19/09
Originally Posted by Redneck
If it's Cheryl Burke, I'll start right now.. laugh laugh laugh

Hey, I figure you Wisconsin fellers for beer brats on the hoof. wink
DID any of you see the horrible movie MOTEL HELL?. It starred Rory Calhoun and he made jerky outta folks.

Been trying to contact him for the recipe.
saw it loved it

takes all kinds of critters to make Farmer Vincent's fritters
Couldn't say. Never been really, truly hungry in my life. It would be disgusting to think about due to many years of socialization against it, but realistically it's just protein.

As far as taste or presentation it couldn't be worse than a lot of Scottish food.
Just re-read "Lucifer's Hammer" about a comet striking earth and causing TEOTWAWKI. Good book, btw.

Group of soldiers on maneuvers when the comet hits become cannibals. One of the subplots of the book revolves around how they force captives to eat people to become one of the group. Their cannibalism is a big part of their psychological warfare against those they come up against.
were the situation dire enough for it to come up, yeah.......but it would be the last option.....at that point meat is meat.....

my wife however would have starved to death a few months back while my brother and i were discussing what tastes better, rabbit innards or rocky mountain oysters grin .....i love her to death but damn does she have a weak stomach.....
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Just re-read "Lucifer's Hammer" about a comet striking earth and causing TEOTWAWKI. Good book, btw.

Group of soldiers on maneuvers when the comet hits become cannibals. One of the subplots of the book revolves around how they force captives to eat people to become one of the group. Their cannibalism is a big part of their psychological warfare against those they come up against.

love that book
Not to change the subject, but have been on an end of the world reading kick in the last few months. In addition to "Lucifer's Hammer" I re-read "Alas Babylon" and read "Earth Abides" for the first time. Both of those are now over 50 years old.

Still great books. "Alas Babylon" makes me want to hoard salt and coffee.

Do you think I should add some fava beans and a nice chianti to my stores? wink

What about ya'll?

When his draft board asked the late Oscar Levant � concert pianist and noted curmudgeon � whether he could kill humans, he's said to have answered "Friends and relatives, yes."

W C Fields answered with just one word when he was asked how he liked children � "parboiled."
It maybe called eating, but it's really more along the lines of licking and sucking.

What about ya'll?

JM.

Well, conservatives are off the lists and liberals would be one tough cut of meat, it would need some serious tenderizing.

Seriously, I'm an old man with not much time left. I would gladly sacrifice myself for the kids I know for them to have a chance. There's a lot of me that ought to feed a few kids.
Will someone please put this [TEOTWAWKI]in English so I can understand what the he11 that means. mad
Posted By: RWE Re: Would you eat another person? - 10/19/09
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Will someone please put this [TEOTWAWKI]in English so I can understand what the he11 that means. mad

It's "The End Of The World As We Know It"

and I feel fine.
You shouldn't have told him the secret code.

Now we have to kill him and eat him...
Dead is dead; meat is meat.
You shouldn't have told him the secret code.

Now we have to kill him and eat him...

I'll take care of the 1st part.
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by derby_dude

It's "The End Of The World As We Know It"

and I feel fine.

Thanks. You young people and all your codes. Geesh!!!!
Posted By: Pugs Re: Would you eat another person? - 10/19/09

That reminds me. I need to return my copy of "How to serve man" to the library. grin
Originally Posted by JOG

What? You don't like beer brats?? Even most Queens fans like beer brats.. Unless they're pre-cooked in Grain Belt.. laugh

Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Dead is dead; meat is meat.

Yep, that's what kept this guy alive

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Hartwell
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by JOG

What? You don't like beer brats?? Even most Queens fans like beer brats.. Unless they're pre-cooked in Grain Belt.. laugh

You can't use good beer to cook brats...that is a great use for grain belt.
Yuck..... sick
Posted By: Ivan Re: Would you eat another person? - 10/19/09
I aint knowingly eating human flesh.
Originally Posted by Pugs

That reminds me. I need to return my copy of "How to serve man" to the library. grin

Was that the one by Jeffery Dahmer???
Posted By: Ivan Re: Would you eat another person? - 10/19/09
Originally Posted by Malloy805
Originally Posted by Pugs

Was that the one by Jeffery Dahmer???

Vintage Twilight Zone!
I wonder if using bait would be unethical..
Is anyone reading between the lines here?

Has anyone heard from NorthernDave today? Ingwe? Jeff_O?

just curious....
"Would you eat another person?"

Did not know anyone knew I ate the first one...
Start huning in California! lol
I wouldn't do it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Is high fence hunting ethical? Dragging your kill out of prison might be difficult since they'll be starving too.

Are wanton waste statutes going to apply? I ain't much for liver and eyeballs.

Will you be called racist for hunting certain neighborhoods?

Lots of questions come to mind.

Read the book ALIVE if you want to read about a soccer team in the Andes who resorted to cannabilism after a plane crash.

Myself I'll just starve to death thanks!

Mike

Pass the A-1.... Steak fingers, anyone???
Male or female? I plead the 5th.
Which is better, Dark meat or white meat? Tis the only question i have.
I'll take mine a touch pink on the inside....
White meat is too dry...
Okay, okay....

I'll ask...

which kind of meat is the greasiest?
Well, probably the fat ones, but the back straps should be well marbled. Hams would be better on someone like J-lo compared to some of them little skinny broads. Not that I think about this much. wink
Eating hippies is part of my survival plan. I'm going to plant some pot around my stand and play a recording of a drum circle.
Depends on how they are cooked.
Originally Posted by Ivan
I aint knowingly eating human flesh.
You sure?

[Linked Image]

I'd waste not ONE second... laugh
Originally Posted by billhilly
Eating hippies is part of my survival plan. I'm going to plant some pot around my stand and play a recording of a drum circle.

LOL. I just saw my S-I-L on your dinner table. Enjoy! laugh
Hippies are dirty. I'll shoot 'em but won't eat any.

And don't say it is unsportsmanlike, because no one eats prairie dogs either.
I've read articles or records where Injuns ate their dogs and horses during tough winters. I'm sure if you can eat a dog, pretty well anything goes.
if ya can make hippies explode like prairie dogs, count me in for some of the shootin' fun!

Blood stained tie dyed shirts and headbands flapping the breeze, too cool!

Guessing the LSD tainted meat ain't fit even for the bugs to eat.
Gotta soak hippie meat in buttermilk.
Too funny, "Would you eat another person?" I'd wanna start with
Tiffany Lakowski. Any body want 2nds???

I'm dying here... laugh
Hippies probably taste like carp.

As far as exploding like prairie dogs, 120gr VMax from a .280 or 7mm Mag should be the ticket.

This would be the perfect meat to have pumped full of antibiotics.

You don't want to catch anything from eating funky hippie.

You probably should stick to free range hippies and don't let the hide touch the meat when you're skinning them.
I'm guessing Hippies would taste like badly cleaned chitlins. shocked
So is eating human flesh more repulsive than having a bit of dead human translated into you?
I guess it would be since you didn't have to swallow it.
What was it the animal rights dingleberries used to chant? "A rat is a pig is a boy!"

Well, I suppose we could ask them to put up or shut up; get in line behind that pig at the slaughter house, boy.
I would try to eat the following:

1. Liberals

2. Greedy CEO's

3. All Wall Street types.

4. Illegal Aliens (have to make stew out of them)

5. Atheist. (If you eat another believer it will count more against you)
Posted By: byc Re: Would you eat another person? - 10/19/09
Far as I'm concerned you can head to DC right now and eat the entire Redskins team starting with that little hitler owner and his side-kick cerrato. Save room for the Gamecocks because if they don't beat FLA then you can eat them as well.
There is a reason cannibals in the south Seas called their victims "long pig".
Now would I eat another human being? Depends on what she looks like. whistle
Paul B.

1. Liberals

2. Greedy CEO's

who's dessert?
I'd orderup some Guantanomo bomb throwers..
Posted By: Gus Re: Would you eat another person? - 10/19/09
der space aliens have always held to the priotry of eating the "fat ones" first. i saw that on a tv commercial once, so i know it's true. wink

less grease required in the grill pan, ya know?
DID any of you see the horrible movie MOTEL HELL?. It starred Rory Calhoun and he made jerky outta folks.

THAT MOVIE WAS CRAZY LOL!!!!!
Originally Posted by Popapi

THAT MOVIE WAS CRAZY LOL!!!!!

there's probably way too much toxic poisons stored in the body parts of "older" humans to risk consumption. it might prove to be a death sentence.

i'm just sayin. wink
Kinda like Lord of Flies
U GOT THAT RIGHT!

Of the Donner party survivors, the ones with the fortitude to refrain from cannibalism and overcome their overwhelming hunger pangs; they were the ones who went on to San Francisco to mostly become successful and wealthy.

Or maybe I have that reversed.
there's some record of some people down in Argentina or Chile that were forced into cannibalism due to a plane crash. they all about froze or starved, but some did survive.

1. Liberals

2. Greedy CEO's

Bad choices all. Here's why:
The first 3 choices would all be full of chit, the 4th one would probably be diseased and the last one wouldn't have enough substance to be filling. If you're gonna eat Long Pig, get it from college campuses; lean, well-fed, and not too bright so they're easy to catch! smile
agreed----eat the redskins owner!!
Remember that plane with soccer players that went down in the Andes? If I was a survivor I'd have been the one that put on 50 pounds.
I hear ya. When we have meetings that go on too long here at work, I start wondering who in the room would make the best sandwich.
That's why I always have a quart of BBQ sauce in my carry on bag.
Always be prepared.

They still let you on with that much liquid? I switched to dry rub when I fly so I don't get hassled by the screeners.
It's actually an expression I have about people. When I'm asked about someone I think is an idiot I just say 'They're dinner'
Posted By: BMT Re: Would you eat another person? - 10/19/09
Originally Posted by Steelhead
It's actually an expression I have about people. When I'm asked about someone I think is an idiot I just say 'They're dinner'

I Believe that.

BMT
'They're dinner'
You'd look good with some Au Gratin potatoes.......
there's not a water shortage in the world. it's all propaganda.

just stop all the vehiches on all the expressways, and proceed to drain the radiators.

water, water, everywhere. a flood of water. .... wink
Posted By: BMT Re: Would you eat another person? - 10/19/09
Originally Posted by Steelhead
You'd look good with some Au Gratin potatoes.......

And a side of Fava beans.

BMT

What about ya'll?

JM.

Does being told, "Bite me!" qualify? laugh
"eat me" would.

What about ya'll?

JM.

God tells believers He will provide everything we need. I believe everything He says, so that's good enough for me.
Meat's meat and mans gotta eat.

What about ya'll?

JM.

this whole thing is about motor boat noises right?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I don't think most people could say they wouldn't because they don't really understand the magnitude of freezing and starving to death.

In a book I recently read on Gulags in Siberia, 2 prisoner's would plan an escape, complete with a third person to go along as the "meat". Unknowingly of course.

It would be a last resort for sure, but an option nonetheless.
I have no problem eating God's dumber creatures. If it comes down to it and it's kill or be killed, pass the ketchup!
Y'all must have me on Ignore!!!!

ALIVE! ALIVE! Was the Plane crash crew!

Mike
Posted By: byc Re: Would you eat another person? - 10/20/09
Originally Posted by 700LH
[Linked Image]

What does it say on the other side?
Posted By: zxc Re: Would you eat another person? - 10/20/09
boobies
[Linked Image]

I'll take two cuts of round roast,please.

WB.

What about ya'll?

JM.

You'll turn into a zombie if you do that ya know.
Posted By: djs Re: Would you eat another person? - 10/20/09
It is hard to say what any of us would do if necessary. The Donner Party (California 1846) resorted to eating their dead in order to survive. In 1972, an airliner crashed in the Andes and the survivors resorted to cannibalism.

I'd like to say I would not, but then ...

As the Shadow says, �Who knows what lies in the hearts of men.�
or in their bellies..
"Alas Babylon" makes me want to hoard salt and coffee.

Great book. I have probably read it 6 or 7 times. Salt, sugar and coffee- the new currency.
Anyone who has some kind of notion that they wouldn't do what it takes to survive should read "In the Heart of the Sea" by Nathaniel Philbrick. Story of New England whalers, mostly devote Quakers, who had their ship sank by a whale in the middle of the Pacific. They drifted in life boats for several weeks, and they did what they had to do.
Does this relate to the giant beaver/waxing thread a while back??
whistle
I knew two Cannibals a long time ago. One time when they were hunting deep in the jungle they came across a Missionary and uh ... quickly dispatched him.

They were a long ways from home and the Missionary was quite heavy, also both Cannibals were very tired from all the traipsing through the thick jungle and were very very hungry.

One of the Cannibals had an idea, "I know what we can do, let's just eat him right here!"

The other Cannibal replied, "Good idea, You start on one end and I'll start on the other end and we'll meet at the middle."

After only a few minutes as the two friends were voraciously eating away at their prey, one of the Cannibals paused without looking up, to catch his breath - and remarked to his friend ...

"Mmm, this is just great! How'r you doin'?"

The other Cannibal replied, "Mmm great, I'm havin' a ball!"

The first Cannibal then retorted, "YOU EAT TOO FAST !!!"
Originally Posted by 340boy
Does this relate to the giant beaver/waxing thread a while back??
whistle

Freshly waxed beaver.....mmmmm.
Don't eat the clowns...

they taste funny
Yes, selectively so...lol.

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Field/7738/conners_martenhartwellstory.txt

Stompin Tom Connors
Same fella who wrote and sings the Hockey song in Canada.
Originally Posted by HoundGirl
Yes, selectively so...lol.

more proof of why we love ya! (grin)
Back on shooters.com before it folded there was a Scot who had a lot of Scottish cannibal jokes. Can't remember his name though.
Hippies are dirty. I'll shoot 'em but won't eat any.

And don't say it is unsportsmanlike, because no one eats prairie dogs either.

THAT got me laughin!
You probably should stick to free range hippies and don't let the hide touch the meat when you're skinning them.

I am crying...
I'll start with her, she's a little bouncy but I'm young enough to catch her.

[Linked Image]
God I could fall asleep between those!!!!
Originally Posted by Powerguy
I'll start with her, she's a little bouncy but I'm young enough to catch her.

[Linked Image]

see, I knew this was about motor boats, I new it.

Posted By: Gus Re: Would you eat another person? - 10/20/09
i'm just considerably worried that eating of flesh will occur without a USDA meat market Ok. that is, flesh will be offered into the marketplace without sufficient gov't stamps of approval.

can you imagine the chaos if word got out that flesh was being consumed without gov't approval? i mean, there's roles and responsibilites here. who can allow such sales, without the usda stamp of quality??

no one over 40 years old is allowed to be offered for sale. the internal organs including the heart, brain and other organs are not marketable. the danger is in the toxic substances inside the human body. we just can't risk the consumption of such, even on a one-time basis.

the usda mark of consumption is a valued commodity. without it, everyone is at risk.

in speaking with the illegal space aliens, they won't pay a single dime more for a usda stamp. go figure.
Admit to not reading beyond the first page and this one. Took all the way to the third post to go porn? laugh Haven't seen any comment about what cooked people smell like. Any of y'all know from experience? FWIW, it ain't all that appetizing. I'd rather eat grasshoppers and grubs myself. I do draw parallels between prairie dogs and hippies, would eat the PDs first.

Sort of reminds me of the question of who will take the mail to Black Rock?

Who will take the mail to Black Rock?
I'll take the mail to Black Rock! says He.
What about the Indians?!
Ah, screw the Indians!, says He.

It goes down hill from there.
6 To 700 politicians and we could all go back to Porterhouse.
Haven't seen any comment about what cooked people smell like. Any of y'all know from experience? FWIW, it ain't all that appetizing.

ever been to a branding? burnt calf hair and skin dont smell to appetizing but veal is good eats.....just saying.....

I think there is an overriding ETHICAL question regarding the "eating of human flesh"- that has NOT been adressed here ...

If you do eat it, do you ask a dinner table blessing?

And, if you do ... What do you say ???
Originally Posted by WheelchairBandit
[Linked Image]

I'll take two cuts of round roast,please.

WB.

What cuts are the fun bags?
Originally Posted by byc
[Linked Image]

What does it say on the other side?

Trim meat.
© 24hourcampfire