Home
Posted By: Spartacus Beer - 01/24/10
If you were to have a nice Red Beer, would it matter to you which beer you used.
Tell, what do you like..
Posted By: T LEE Re: Beer - 01/24/10
Rather have a Guinness Draft or bottle of Amber Bock.
Posted By: Beltrami Re: Beer - 01/24/10
Rickards Red
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Beer - 01/24/10

Oh, I don't drink.
Posted By: Gringo Loco Re: Beer - 01/24/10
Killian's Irish Red. It's a bit rich though, and I don't have it often. T LEE, I like that Amber Bock on tap quite a bit better than the bottle. T'aint bad in the bottle though.
Posted By: MagMarc Re: Beer - 01/24/10
Dos Equis Amber
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Killian's Irish Red. It's a bit rich though, and I don't have it often. T LEE, I like that Amber Bock on tap quite a bit better than the bottle. T'aint bad in the bottle though.

I don't go where they have tap beer, so settle for bottled. Same for the Guinness Draft, it comes in bottles also.
Well, Spartacus asked about a Red, but truth to tell, I prefer Ambers more. Right now the fridge is full of Sam Adam's Winter Lager which is very similar to an Octoberfest. Good stuff. Also like the Dos Equis Amber or the Lager (green bottle). Negra Modelo is excellent.
Posted By: P_Weed Re: Beer - 01/24/10

It's Neer-Beer for me now, boys ...

I've already done and drunk MY share.
Yeah, I know, just gotta plug the amber's as they ARE the best!

Killian Red will do if there ain't any amber's available, in a real pinch that is. smile smile
Posted By: GreenHornet47 Re: Beer - 01/24/10
Amber Bock it is, especially on draft.
Posted By: tbear99 Re: Beer - 01/24/10
never been a fan of red beer i prefer a nice portor
Originally Posted by tbear99
never been a fan of red beer i prefer a nice portor

You used to ride the train a lot hunh?
lol terry you got me the train to the brewery ran through the farm

see a spelling mistake gets you caught
And they had portor's????? smile smile smile
too many beers to remember they used to have what was called a local spicket at the brewery not sure how good the brew was but could get a person drunk enough LOL laugh
Posted By: MagMarc Re: Beer - 01/24/10
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Negra Modelo is excellent.

Good call. The local Mexican place has 32 oz Dos Equis Ambers on happy hour for $2.50. It's hard to order the Modelo grin
Loved the "beer of the day" at our local brewery when I was a kid. It was free by the bucket. Damn brewery blew up shortly after I graduated from reform............... I mean High School.
Posted By: Spartacus Re: Beer - 01/24/10

Hey sorry I was gone, I was out to dinner with my wife.

Those wheat beers any good.?
Posted By: croldfort Re: Beer - 01/24/10
I have to drink light beer now, and I'm not too crazy about it. I spent a lifetime knocking down Longneck Buds and then moved up to darker beer. My fridge beer now is Michalob Ultra with V8 for red beer and Sam Adams Light for normal times. KC has a local "Boulevard Beer". Their Pale Ale is outstanding, but they don't do light beer.
Posted By: mathman Re: Beer - 01/24/10
I have to drink light beer now

Why are you being punished?
Posted By: 340boy Re: Beer - 01/24/10
Originally Posted by mathman
I have to drink light beer now

Why are you being punished?

Tortured, more like...
eek
Posted By: croldfort Re: Beer - 01/24/10
Youse guys got that right (punished,tortured). It has to do with blood sugar and being overweight. But I won't do Coors silver bullets or Keystone. A man's got to draw the line somewhere. Life is good.
Posted By: shootem Re: Beer - 01/24/10
Have become a very large fan of New Belgium Brewery. Fat Tire is a medium / darkish brew with both a great initial taste and aftertaste. Could stand it a bit heavier but it's good. 1554 is a very, very nice truly dark and 2 Below is a bit hoppy winter ale (6.6%)that has really grown on me. All is above 5% with true flavor. Of course I'm more in the dark ale, porter, stout corner than the flavored water that passes for beer coming out of most breweries. That's becoming the brewery version of the Encore rifle (Everybody else buys it, YOU should too!!). Give me beer you can chew.
Posted By: duck911 Re: Beer - 01/24/10
Living just down the road from the New Belgium Brewery, I also partake in my fair share of Fat Tires smile

I am also a huge fan of Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale, Pale Ale, Torpedo, and IPA. I grew up in Chico and worked at that Brewery while in college for a spell as well.

I am also a big Redhook fan and love their IPA. Bridgeport brewery also makes a good IPA and Stone makes a good pale ale and IPA blush
Posted By: shootem Re: Beer - 01/24/10
Living just down the road from the New Belgium Brewery, I also partake in my fair share of Fat Tires

Tell them I'll drink more if they can get the price down laugh.
Around here a six-pack goes for $8.99 and a 12 for $15.99 to $16.99. But the dang stuff grows on you.
Posted By: mathman Re: Beer - 01/24/10
It has to do with blood sugar and being overweight.

Gotcha, but I'd rather drink half as much real beer. In fact that's pretty much what I'm doing anyway compared to the folks swilling down the "lites" at the BBQ, seafood boil or whatever.
Posted By: BrotherBart Re: Beer - 01/24/10
Originally Posted by Spartacus
If you were to have a nice Red Beer, would it matter to you which beer you used.
Tell, what do you like..

Keystone Light and low sodium V8....
Posted By: smokepole Re: Beer - 01/24/10
For a red, Gordon from Oskar Blues. Duck 911, you should check it out since it's local. 8 % alcohol.
Posted By: duck911 Re: Beer - 01/24/10
The new Oskar Blues in Longmont is 300 feet from my work, so fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it) I have had my fair share of their brew, too!!!
Posted By: Aileinduinn Re: Beer - 01/24/10
I like mine with Modelo Especial, lime juice, Maggi Sauce, low sodium tomato juice, and a couple dashes of hot sauce.

I used to use bloody mary mix, but 5 oz of that stuff has 54% of your daily allowance of sodium.
Posted By: Scorpion Re: Beer - 01/24/10
Originally Posted by mathman
It has to do with blood sugar and being overweight.

Gotcha, but I'd rather drink half as much real beer. In fact that's pretty much what I'm doing anyway compared to the folks swilling down the "lites" at the BBQ, seafood boil or whatever.

That's how I feel as well. When I head out to the college bars, you mostly see folks swilling the pitchers of cat pizz light. I'd rather spend the same on real beer, personally. A good brown ale or IPA is hard to beat in my opinion.
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Beer - 01/24/10
Spotted Cow.
Posted By: Aileinduinn Re: Beer - 01/24/10
Originally Posted by Skidrow
Spotted Cow.

That stuff makes it all the way to WA?
Posted By: fishdog52 Re: Beer - 01/24/10
Alaskan Amber, Yuengling, or Dos Equuis
Posted By: southpawhunter Re: Beer - 01/24/10
Yuengling has become my favorite.
Posted By: lightman Re: Beer - 01/24/10
Plan to have a Flying Dog Pale Ale with my steak tonight.Also,am planning to hit one of the micro breweries tomorrow nite with a hunting bud.I always have one of the old stand-bys like a porter or stout,and then something new.If my wife goes and will drive,I'll try another.At 22oz and 6%+ I limit myself to two and a meal.Boy,becomming mature sucks! Lightman
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Beer - 01/24/10
The pee/buzz ratio is way to high with beer for me to get too involved with it.
Originally Posted by lightman
I always have one of the old stand-bys like a porter or stout,and then something new.If my wife goes and will drive,I'll try another.At 22oz and 6%+ I limit myself to two and a meal.Boy,becomming mature sucks! Lightman

Diddo. Two is where I limit when drinking the large size premiums drafts. If I go for a third, then a buzz is on and only time makes that go away. I really don't make it to the pub too frequently though.

Like others here have said, I see no reason to settle for the lesser stuff. I'd rather savor a few premiums, then swill a twelve pack.
© 24hourcampfire