Home
Posted By: WhiskeyMan The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
I don't seem to get this one. A few, select members have chosen to help Ken thru what are clearly his last days.....while asking others for financial contributions.

I dunno who Ken is, and never followed his writings or career. His resume as an editor for Rifle Magazine (plus one or two others) and one published book doesn't speak of a renowned gunwriter. Perhaps his fame was mostly developed on this forum over this last decade? Maybe this is why I don't know of him? Maybe this is also why he needs financial assistance during his last years?

The photos of him at his house don't speak of a man who has many funds remaining. His seeking assistance from forum members here speaks of a tired, embattled, old man who has no friends and no help from his children, which he apparently has.

So, for those of you who promote him as a fallen hero and somehow deserves better than where he has ended up........I don't get it. The level of greatness that you have portrayed in this man would not have left him in this destitute situation at the end of his life in a small house in Quemado.
Posted By: bearmgc Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
Ahem.
Posted By: toltecgriz Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
Nice of you to drop by.
Posted By: 4xbear Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
Just WOW
Posted By: slymule Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
Somebody get the popcorn.
Dood.........

Brian.
Posted By: eh76 Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
You really are a scum sucking pygmy goat aren't you....you troll would not make a pimple on a good person's butt! You should leave now and never come back..............
Posted By: Steven_CO Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
Maybe post 153 will be better.
Posted By: ironeagle_84 Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
dude, you are sooooo barking up the wrong tree here.

you are asking for a thrashing, bashing a good guy like Ken Howell. i would delete this post before too many more read this drivel.

awfull "troll-like" of you to post this...
Posted By: UtahLefty Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
according the AZ boys, this is exactly WhiskeyMan's shtick (on the 8,000 other sites he's been banned from).

he's kinda the Keanu Reeves of hunting.
Posted By: bearmgc Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
Get a rope...
i have only ever talked to Ken one time, he is one hell of a guy. And i am PISSED that this a-hole is allowed to post here. congrats Bish, you have the honor of being the first person to annoy me enough to put on ignore.
agreed bearmgc.......
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
RatDick,
You really should post less.
Posted By: Colorado1135 Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
I saw the kind of POS this guy was from day one, and had him on ignore right quick.

this doesn't surprise me from the souless [bleep] he's proven time and again to be.

GTF out of here, can you not see no one wants you around? do you have to be Banned to get the idea? you're like the mutt that never leaves even though everyone ignores it. I bet your mama is proud of the "man" you've turned out to be.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
his disrespect and rudeness on a subject such as this speaks volumes as to his upbring
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
Ken Howell seems like a solid, decent member of the hunting community. In my limited interactions with him, mostly in PM's talking New Mexico because Quemado was a childhood stomping ground of mine, he has been funny, polite, and a gentleman.

He has also handled his last months with grace, around here anyway. We should all be so... graceful.

Whiskeyman, I don't know you. But your post was callous, arrogant, and on top of that- apropo of nothing.

Posted By: oldtimer303 Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
[quote=WhiskeyMan

I dunno who Ken is, and never followed his writings or career.

frown "SAD" Don't have mutch of a life, do you? GW

Posted By: AJ300MAG Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
DFTFT!!!
Posted By: 2Bimmers Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
Originally Posted by ironeagle_84
i have only ever talked to Ken one time, he is one hell of a guy. And i am PISSED that this a-hole is allowed to post here. congrats Bish, you have the honor of being the first person to annoy me enough to put on ignore.

and to do so in less than a month...
Posted By: rattler Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
never met the man, just chatted with him on thereads......however ppl here that i trust have met Ken and say he is above top shelf, good enough for me, wish i had gotten to know him before he left Montana....
Posted By: HoundGirl Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
Why give a [bleep], then.
hi Jane, i gots an idea!

lets hijack the thread and post a bunch of random [bleep] Gus would do...
Posted By: djpaintless Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
Whether you like or Dislike Ken Howell is besides the point. Putting down someone in his current condition is a very Low, classless thing to do.

Fortunately Ken does have his friends and correspondents and hopefully the postive people here will more than compensate for one rude misanthrope.................................DJ
Posted By: 17ACKLEYBEE Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
Originally Posted by WhiskeyMan
I don't get it.

I'm sure you don't have much of a problem making it past breakfast?
Posted By: Karnis Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
You are obviously obtuse. Just in case you had not noticed the thread is not about you. You must be a very lonely person.

HG: not about you whistle .
this seems like a fitting punnishment for such a dumbazz post

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Karnis
You are obviously obtuse. Just in case you had not noticed the thread is not about you. You must be a very lonely person.

eek Karnis: Glad you corrected that, HG can be very "MEAN" grin GW
Posted By: 1akhunter Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
WhiskeyMan,

save the bandwidth, when you need attention, just title a thread

"Look at me, Look at me, I'm lonely and need attention."

I just went to see a dying man today, he's in Denali center and drawing his last breaths. He once walked this earth with pride, made good money, gave away more cool cars than most will ever own
and woulda probably slapped senseless an hombre that ain't got the sense to keep his mouth shut when he's so freakin stupid to spew the chit you do. His illness caused the forced sale of his business and ate up most alla his loot.

Him layin there in bed unable to wipe himself leaves him twice the man you'll ever be WhiskeyBitch.

I swear to God, some "men" that post on here can only wish they had the cojones that some of our resident chicks have
Originally Posted by oldtimer303
Originally Posted by Karnis

eek Karnis: Glad you corrected that, HG can be very "MEAN" grin GW

Yes, I know. grin

Dodged a boolit on that one. Whew...........
Posted By: krp Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
Chris, I guess it's you and I again huh.

First you don't understand the financial medical issues even when you're a vet, have a little money and on Medicare. I've dealt with these issues with my own relatives and you can find yourself dead before the programs you earned through life's work are processed so you can use them. Paper work is continually in process and hopefully coming... until then, that's what friends are for..

You would have no idea about having friends. You also need to fill your subscription for your bipolar, ya, you yapped about that elsewhere.

It's never what you say about yourself that forms your reputation, it's what others say and the quality of those doing the saying. I hadn't heard of Ken before and that's not why I am trying to assist him. Since I've been able to spend time with him I see the reason quality people think highly of him and he has the rep he does.

He's less than 10 miles from my house and when I have time I go by to see if he needs anything. Simple.

You also don't understand community and caring and with your attitude never will, at least here.

I'm sure we'll go back and forth awhile more, I'm being civil the first time, that's how I roll.

Kent
Tasteless post, but.....where are his children???.. Can't imagine letting my pop endure such a situation.
Posted By: Monashee Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
Whiskeyman,maybe when your time comes around,and you're in tough, you'll have a friend to make things a little easier for you.....but I doubt it. Monashee
Posted By: medefries Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
Un-F-ing-believable!!
Posted By: OutlawPatriot Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
His seeking assistance from forum members here speak of a tired, embattled, old man who has no friends.

[bleep] you.
Posted By: dave284 Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
The way I see it, he is not seeking any assistance. His friends are doing it on his behalf. That is what friends do, but I sincerely doubt that you would know much about what friends do.

Dave.
Posted By: RyanScott Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
OP, you're one classy dude.
Posted By: WhiskeyMan Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
I just received a PM from a member here that Ken was fired from Rifle/Handloader for stealing.
Originally Posted by RyanScott
OP, you're one classy dude.

Idem.
His resume as an editor for Rifle Magazine (plus one or two others) and one published book doesn't speak of a renowned gunwriter. Perhaps his fame was mostly developed on this forum over this last decade? Maybe this is why I don't know of him? Maybe this is also why he needs financial assistance during his last years?

The photos of him at his house don't speak of a man who has many funds remaining. His seeking assistance from forum members here speaks of a tired, embattled, old man who has no friends and no help from his children, which he apparently has.

[Linked Image]

Brian.
I just received a PM from a member here that Ken was fired from Rifle/Handloader for stealing.

I just got a PM from a member here that your mother sucks cocks in hell.

Brian.

Before you spread that around you better check and see how much money you have in your account you can do without.
OMG! This one is going to be a CLASSIC!!
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
I hope not... and suggest no one respond again...
Dunno if it's true myself....but one member here claims it is.
Posted By: 7 STW Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
Different Ken karnis
This will beat the Gold Coin thread.

Brian.
Posted By: THOMASMAGNUM Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10

You know what you son of a bitch, I was going to let this schitt slide until this [bleep] post right here. I don't know you personally azzhole, and you better [bleep] pray that I never make your acquaintance. I promise you this you worthless sack of schitt if I do it will be a day you never forget.
Posted By: 7 STW Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
Thats Ken Water's book guys.
Posted By: SU35 Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
wm,

Obviously you're seeking attention in the worst way.

You have issues that go beyond help.

ignore switch on

Originally Posted by WheelchairBandit
This will beat the Gold Coin thread.

Brian.

My bad. Water on the brain whistle .
Posted By: Big_Papa Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
Ladies and Gentleman I have said this before regarding trash like this guy. DON'T FEED HIS ATTENTION SEEKING. I ask that for the good of this fourm and all it,s fine people (Mr Howell)at the top of the list please just put this poor excuse for a human on ignore I did.

Ahh, a phantom co-conspirator, kinda like your big muley racks pictures you tried to pass off as your taking them, when you just copied them off the net.

Basically it is too much bourbon and suffering from ego/assholitus and bipolar/manic depressant syndrome. From your own past ramblings. It's hell to have a recorded past ain't it.

Kent
Posted By: Miss_Lynn Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
This whole thread is turning into a disgrace, reflecting on not only Dr. Howell but all concerned.

If you don't acknowledge it, and you don't feed it, it will cease to bring harm in any way to Dr Howell and his name.

Lynn
Dunno if it's true myself....but one member here claims it is.

One member here claims your mother smokes poles in hell.I dunno if it's true myself.......but considering how her son turned out,I believe it.

Brian.
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM

You know what you son of a bitch, I was going to let this schitt slide until this [bleep] post right here. I don't know you personally azzhole, and you better [bleep] pray that I never make your acquaintance. I promise you this you worthless sack of schitt if I do it will be a day you never forget.

You can get into BIG trouble for that post in this state, TM.
[quote=WhiskeyMan]I don't seem to get this one. A few, select members have chosen to help Ken thru what are clearly his last days.....while asking others for financial contributions.

I dunno who Ken is, and never followed his writings or career.

frown On the Fire we are known only thru what we write and post. Doesnt take long for members to reveal their hearts and lack of. Ken has a big heart and deep understanding of mankind. He has shared a wealth of wisdom with this Fire and has made many friends here.

You sir with one thread have also revealed your " heart"? and lack of character. GW

Lynn, it's an attack on me. He has no idea who Ken is, he doesn't like me and using Ken to get to me. I've handled these fools myself before and if everyone else will just let me and him go after it he will be gone.

Kent

You need to get into something more useful like licking your elbows.
He doesn't like you ? Does he know you ?
Why azzhole I said it would be a day you would never forget, I didn't threaten you in anyway ladybird.
I don't get the boner for KH....but I guess they is, in fact, a dime a dozen.

Grace isn't something everyone wears well.

Wrong, his cyberspace persona threatening your cyberspace persona isn't nothing illegal, I'm the one that knows your real full name, Chris.

Kent
Posted By: Barkoff Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
I don't seem to get this one. A few, select members have chosen to help Ken thru what are clearly his last days.....while asking others for financial contributions.

I dunno who Ken is, and never followed his writings or career. His resume as an editor for Rifle Magazine (plus one or two others) and one published book doesn't speak of a renowned gunwriter. Perhaps his fame was mostly developed on this forum over this last decade? Maybe this is why I don't know of him? Maybe this is also why he needs financial assistance during his last years?

So, for those of you who promote him as a fallen hero and somehow deserves better than where he has ended up........I don't get it. The level of greatness that you have portrayed in this man would not have left him in this destitute situation at the end of his life in a small house in Quemado.

Without reading a single reply, why would one feel the need to pontificate something like that instead of just keeping one's mouth shut and ignoring it if it bothers you. One these types who prides himself on speaking his mind, come hell or high water?

By the way, I had never heard of Mr. Howell either, and as far as I know he hasn't asked for a frigging thing. That's right, people took it upon themselves to help the chap out, that must say something about him that maybe you missed, eh?
Here's the PM I received from a member of this forum:

You have just made a carload of enemies. How dare you question the life and writings of Ken Howell.

I stayed silent on this as he has his share of detractors, but they don't speak up. I have it on good authority that he was fired from the staff at Rifle/Handloader for stealing.

I personally don't know him or his writing, but people on the Campfire have some kind of fixation for writers that you just don't want to question. I have hunted and fished enough that I could write books and articles, but I would rather hunt and fish than write about it.

Good luck with your upcoming bashing from the Campfire...
Posted By: 222Rem Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10

Ditto TM!!! mad

I'd never seen WhiskeyMan before, but he wins the prize for going straight to ignore the fastest and permanently.

I might have felt sorry for him as a kid getting your azz kicked by half the school. Now I'm glad some of what he deserve was dealt early on. Obviously it wasn't enough.
Posted By: Monashee Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
I could not get that POS on ignore fast enough. Monashee
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
He doesn't like you ? Does he know you ?

Nope, I seen some of his stuff on local sites, though never responded. He's been banned from every site he's been on local.
He came on here and the first post was very controversial, I didn't do anything till he started banging on Az guys just for living in Az. I knew he lived here himself... well, I stand up for my state.

Kent
Posted By: LIV2HUNT Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
WhiskeyGirl, your pretty good at writing PM's to yourself....Wow are you a tricky one.....LMFAO
I just can't look away!

You have just made a carload of enemies. How dare you question the life and writings of Ken Howell.

I stayed silent on this as he has his share of detractors, but they don't speak up. I have it on good authority that he was fired from the staff at Rifle/Handloader for stealing.

I personally don't know him or his writing, but people on the Campfire have some kind of fixation for writers that you just don't want to question. I have hunted and fished enough that I could write books and articles, but I would rather hunt and fish than write about it.

That isn't a threat it is good advice for a DF like you!

Jerk you truly are nothing more than used toilet paper....
Originally Posted by OldCenterChurch
I just can't look away!

Wanna go get some beers and pizza? <grin>
I posted some observations about Mr Howell, and asked a few questions.

Now I'm getting threatened with violence by some tough guys. Hey tough ones......what makes you so sure I ain't just a little tougher, huh??? I don't intimidate very well.
Posted By: Enrique Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
God Forgive you WM.

You are a sorry POS that needs to grow up or enter reality.

Ken has friends that care for him and would do anything for him. We choose to help not jump off the wagon because he's nearing his end. That's what friends are for, to help to the end.
Apparently you don't have friends like us that care.
God forgive you!

Kique
Originally Posted by Big_Papa
Ladies and Gentleman I have said this before regarding trash like this guy. DON'T FEED HIS ATTENTION SEEKING. I ask that for the good of this fourm and all it,s fine people (Mr Howell)at the top of the list please just put this poor excuse for a human on ignore I did.

You're right, after making half way through this thread, this is just some punk kid getting his jollies. I only hope his little shtick stays with him for a real long time. There is an IP address nothing good will ever come.

Now I'm getting threatened with violence by some tough guys. Hey tough ones......what makes you so sure I ain't just a little tougher, huh??? I don't intimidate very well.

You aren't....rest assured....amber lamps....
Originally Posted by HoundGirl
I just can't look away!

Grilled asparagus, mushrooms, red peppers and corn on a whole grain crust, no sauce, just garlic and rosemary infused EVOO and feta cheese, please....
Originally Posted by elkhunter76

You aren't....rest assured....amber lamps....

You hope I'm not......but you don't know it for sure.
Oh I know your type, but you hope to never know mine.......
WhiskeyGirl, I remember my first bit of alcohol too...

So your 10 foot tall and bullet proof????
I just can't look away!

Grilled asparagus, mushrooms, red peppers and corn on a whole grain crust, no sauce, just garlic and rosemary infused EVOO and feta cheese, please....

I'm not a veggie, but that actually sounds kinda good! grin
Whiskeyprick
What violence did I threaten you with dipschitt?

A substantiated accusation and character assassination by a mysterious informant. You decide to publish with no vetting.

Now that could be something that can cause you trouble. You spoke Ken's full name, better make sure what you said was true. I know your's.

Kent

Posted By: mathman Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10

That's supposed to be pizza?

Magnum.........you can go to jail for this.....understand?

Whinebagboy so can you............
This dude is a chode and I vote for him to get the boot from here!

The good part about this site is everyone is entitled to their opinion and hardly does anyone get the boot. But to trash an old man that is near his end is uncalled for and plain out ignorant and low. This type of person is not needed on here and needs the boot!
Originally Posted by 222Rem
I just can't look away!

CORN??????????????? ON a [bleep] PIZZA????? LOL....unsettling!
Well tell me huckleberry where was the threat of violence? Quit being a vague puzzy and show where I threatened you with violence?
Originally Posted by Enrique

The good part about this site is everyone is entitled to their opinion and hardly does anyone get the boot. But to trash an old man that is near his end is uncalled for and plain out ignorant and low. This type of person is not needed on here and needs the boot!

Ya, anyone capable of that kind of crap is not somebody I really want to share a forum with.
Originally Posted by Enrique

I didn't trash Ken, partner. I only questioned some things. Biiiig difference.
Posted By: denton Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
There is a reason that people hold Ken in high regard. Through his interactions here on the board, he has shown himself to be a very knowledgeable gentleman, eager to share, and generous with his knowledge.

As far as I know, he has never asked for a thing. He has a quick wit, and a self-deprecating sense of humor. He has made it a point to give many of his few prized possessions to others. We help him because we consider him a friend. We would diminish ourselves if we did less.
I just can't look away!

I am not either, but last year sometime HoundGirl posted a veggie combo for pizza and I made it, and loved it ever since. Now I started experimenting and voila ! I really like to grill the veggies first then sprinkle them with the seasoned EVOO and feta. Eaten hot from the oven, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, man it is so GOOD!

TIP: Use Portobello mushrooms, marinate in garlic, soya sauce and a little EVOO, grill then slice fairly thick before putting on the pizza, after cooking the mushrooms taste just like strips of a good grilled steak. DANG ! Izzzzzzzzzz hungry frown

Lynn
Originally Posted by denton
There is a reason that people hold Ken in high regard. Through his interactions here on the board, he has shown himself to be a very knowledgeable gentleman, eager to share, and generous with his knowledge.

As far as I know, he has never asked for a thing. He has a quick wit, and a self-deprecating sense of humor. He has made it a point to give many of his few prized possessions to others. We help him because we consider him a friend. We would diminish ourselves if we did less.

Well put sir, thank you.

Jail? Chit, I could use a good night's sleep.

Posted By: stxhunter Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
[quote=OldCenterChurch]I just can't look away!

the corns for decoration once its been pasted
Hey Thomas, just put him on ignore like I did. Responding to the POS will only horn him up more. He obviously has no friends or social skills and feels like his last resort for attention is to be an azzhat. The only way you can hurt a coward via the 'net is to ignore him.

Now that, partner, answers many of my questions about Ken.

Why couldn't the others here just do that instead of going ape-sheet emotional and letting their egos run rampant and making threats that they can go to jail for?

TIP: Use Portobello mushrooms, marinate in garlic, soya sauce and a little EVOO, grill then slice fairly thick before putting on the pizza, after cooking the mushrooms taste just like strips of a good grilled steak. DANG ! Izzzzzzzzzz hungry frown

Lynn

I recently got a mushroom growing kit. Getting ready to dance her, as temps cooperate. Portobellos and buttons.
Well I don't know Rick Bin, maybe someone else does. I hope they can communicate to him to remove this thread.

It has taken us 5 weeks to get where we are turning a negative mind set to a positive one, I don't want Ken seeing this crap. There's no need for it.

Just saying....

Kent

Yesssssssssssssssssss, corn, grilled, and then cut off the cob and sprinkled on the pizza.

It's all your fault, we starting eating veggie pizzas and now we have started experimenting and now we're eating healthier and we are eating a LOT more veggies and WAY less meat, and looking and feeling better, it's just all your fault even ! grin

Lynn
Posted By: heavywalker Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
agreed nobody deserves this. I am not normally in favor of deleting any posts but this just plain sucks.
Nothing better than fresh veggies on pizza.....but CORN<grin>???

I'll give it a shot. Not one to bugger about something I haven't tried.

I recently got a mushroom growing kit. Getting ready to dance her, as temps cooperate. Portobellos and buttons.

I'll have to tell my wife. She's been quite entertained with me trying to get a sourdough starter going. I'll tell her it could be worse! grin

Why couldn't the others here just do that instead of going ape-sheet emotional and letting their egos run rampant and making threats that they can go to jail for?

Why would you even ask? I don't know your mother, but if she fell on hard times I wouldn't question her merit. What is wrong with you?
Posted By: Paladin Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10

The photos of him at his house don't speak of a man who has many funds remaining. His seeking assistance from forum members here speak of a tired, embattled, old man who has no friends and no help from his children, which he apparently has.

I generally don't jump into any of the fracases here, but I suppose there's always a first time for everything.

The reason you don't get this is because you're stupid beyond belief, and for the simple fact that you are too self absorbed to recognize the needs of others. Your blatant disregard for others is why you will always wander aimlessly through life wanting what others have and not understand why they have what you want, but yet not have. The pathetic part of it is, you'll never be able to understand.

The few select members have chosen to help Ken for the simple fact that a fellow man is in need of help and they recognize that fact. The others didn't ask for financial contributions, but their motives are the same, to help their fellow man, which is something you evidently have no concept of.

Maybe you don't know him simply because you are too egotistical to take the time to get to know someone other than yourself, and you obviously don't know yourself very well. If you did, you wouldn't like what you see any better than anyone else does.

I know who Ken is. He isn't seeking assistance from anyone. If you weren't so shallow, you might know that making money isn't what life is about. It's the friendships made and people you meet along the way. It's his friends that are there to help him in his time of need. But you don't know what that is like and never will. Ken has forgotten more than the likes of you will ever know.

While it may appear to the untrained eye that some may see Ken as a hero, it really just shows how simple minded you are. I have never remotely heard anyone suggest Ken was a hero of any sort. He has his faults just like the rest of us. Unlike you however, he is a good man and a good person, but again, you will never know what that's like.

With any luck, you will end up in a worse situation than Ken and live long enough to remember every moment you failed miserably as a human being.
Posted By: 65BR Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10

If you are not intimidated, just post your real name and address for all to see.

I am out, need my sleep more than wasting time with you.
Originally Posted by heavywalker
agreed nobody deserves this. I am not normally in favor of deleting any posts but this just plain sucks.

Indeed. Life sucks, and so does deleting ignorance.
Posted By: Scotty Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
When I read the first post of this thread I was trying to remember the line from Forrest Gump, "Stupid is as stupid does."

I agree 100% pull it before he sees it.

You keep talking about threats but so far all I've seen is your little drama queen act.

I'll have to tell my wife. She's been quite entertained with me trying to get a sourdough starter going. I'll tell her it could be worse! grin

Still haven't mastered that dance. That sour dough starter can get ugly...
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Why would you even ask? I don't know your mother, but if she fell on hard times I wouldn't question her merit. What is wrong with you?

Unless her lack of merit is the reason for her hard times and she's going thru hard times cuz she is NOT what she is portrayed as by FORUM HOUNDS AND OVERALL LOSERS WHO HAVE ARTIFICIALLY PLAYED UP HER ACHIEVEMENTS.
I sooooooooooooooooooooooo love mushrooms, especially portobello mushrooms. I make them into burgers and layer them in lasagna and served them marinated in salads, all kinds of recipes. Planning to try a cream of mushroom soup with them this weekend.

Your braver then I am. Of course I have a brown thumb, can't grow squat. I have spent a fortune on the materials and failed over and over, going to leave to it all to the wise green people's like yourself to do that kind of miracle work.

Lynn
Posted By: OutlawPatriot Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
Somebody loan WiskeyDick a dime...

[Linked Image]

Still haven't mastered that dance. That sour dough starter can get ugly...

Books and the 'net make it sound easy, and all the more frustrating.......
The 'net makes everything LOOK easier<wink>.
BTT
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Unless her lack of merit is the reason for her hard times and she's going thru hard times cuz she is NOT what she is portrayed as by FORUM HOUNDS AND OVERALL LOSERS WHO HAVE ARTIFICIALLY PLAYED UP HER ACHIEVEMENTS.

By your own admission you have never heard of him or know anything about him, but you still felt inclined to open your gigantic mouth and insult the man. Although you know nothing about him you now suggest his achievements are over blown.

Who are you dude, do you really do this stuff for kicks, or are you just the rude ass you come across as? Be honest, your front teeth are capped aren't they?
You know, sitting down with Ken, listening to his slow speech, working every word out. I sometimes don't make out every word but can follow what he's saying. He tells stories of back when, days past, friends past and friends still here.

He wants to write a novel based on the stories and language of an oldtimer he spent time with in his youth. The oldtimer's memory and reputation was such that his verbal word was considered testimony in a court of law. I've listen to many of those stories , some twice.

It reminds me of sitting with my mother during her two years of bone cancer. I wouldn't trade those two years for anything, even the bad cancer days. It reminds me of lifting my Mother-in-law up in my arms from her death bed in a horrible care center that hastened her death. Carrying her out and taking her to my home to die with all of her family around, even in a coma she hung on till the last one said goodbye three days later.

When my son died in his car last july, he was all alone, I sometimes sit where it happened, wish I could have been there.

I don't know Ken Howell... I know everything there is to know about Ken Howell.

Kent
The 'net makes everything LOOK easier<wink>.

I'm trying this guy's system right now (just started).
http://www.thefreshloaf.com/node/10251/starting-starter-sourdough-101-tutorial

If it doesn't work, I'm breaking out the potato water, sugar, pineapple juice, and maybe even a commercial starter. It's just a friggin' yeast culture for crying out loud!

A man who needs financial and other assistance from forum hounds while his kids won't help doesn't strike me as a great, successful, famous gunwriter or father. Lots of people in this world since the beginning of time have made dang poor shallow choices in their heroes.
Posted By: Partsman Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
The 'net makes even partsman LOOK easy<wink>.
shocked

Not too easy now.
Posted By: nighthawk Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
I've never put anyone on ignore, not even stick. WhiskyAss won the prize.
KRP, my prayers for you sir, sorry about your losses, esp. the tragic early loss of your son.

Peace be with you sir.
WhiskyMan,

It must be tough for you knowing you have gotten this far in life and are a complete failure, with so many despising you. It is pathetic that you have nothing better to do than to trash talk a dying man and stir up excrement.

You do need a thorough wall to wall counseling session. I don't believe it would do you any good, but it would be great entertainment for the person applying the wall to wall part.

I am going to reach into my pocket and pull something out for you. It is called a CLUE. I deal with tough guys every day and all over the globe. You are not one of them.

BTT
KRP,

I am very sorry for your loss of your son.

Sincerely.
Posted By: Partsman Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
Mr Carmichel wishes to donate and personaly sign to the new owner, his copy of Dr Ken Howell book,

Designing and forming, Custom Cartridges, for rifles and hand guns.

Here's an example.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

20.00 per donation, you can make as many as you want. You will receive consideration for each one. All money will go into Ken's account for his use.

If you feel safe sending cash, I know some people like to, write your 24HCF handle here on each bill. Checks and MOs will be written to Ken Howell, put a slip of paper close to the size of a dollar bill with your 24 HCF on it for each 20.00 increment in your donation. We will keep a list of all handles and donations as a double record and final checklist. If you happen to forget the slips we will make sure everyone is in.

Final date to send donations would be March 12th and the date of Ken's choosing the 18th. That should have all in before the choosing.

Ken personally will choose the person to receive the book by drawing. Mr Carmichel will then sign the book and send it out.

For the address to send donations, PM THOMASMAGNUM, any questions also.

Again, Please send out donations by the 12th so we know they are all in for the drawing on the 18th.

Just the monetary value of these books are going for around 500.00 unsigned.

Thanks, Kent
KRP,

My heart felt prayers are with you and your family.
Posted By: Sprint11 Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
I'm trying VERY hard to remain civil.

I've never met Dr. Howell either. However, I do know who he is. Don't really understand how you can know much about firearms and NOT know who he is. That "one book" you mentioned? Just the fact that and unremarkable copy goes for over $500 is a big clue to the content and the author himself. Another gigantic clue to the man is the honorific "Doctor" that comes before his name.

As an earlier poster stated, it doesn't take long for a poster, through his words, to reveal his true character. Dr. Howell has impressed me with his knowledge, insight, compassion, and understanding of many, many aspects of life. He's even made me revealuate my own thoughts and reactions to a few subjects.

YOU however have just revealed yourself as a troglodite of the lowest order. Purely searching for controversy through which you gain some verification of your own existence.

When Dr. Howell passes there will be MANY, MANY people who will be saddened at the loss.

I doubt anyone will weep for you.

Posted By: Bristoe Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
look here:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...3837468/1/Let_s_demonstrate_some_unity_f
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10

Lynn

Mmmmm...portabellos baked with Italian seasoned bread crumbs are easy and pretty tasty
Sprint11 Nailed it!

WhiskeyMan will leave this earth and NOBODY will care.

I can see the obituary now:

"WhiskeyMan died today. Nobody cried for him, nobody cared for him. He was an annoying stain and his death made the world a better place."
Posted By: Calvin Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
WhiskeyMan obviously has his own demons to deal with....
Posted By: ebd10 Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10

A man who needs financial and other assistance from forum hounds while his kids won't help doesn't strike me as a great, successful, famous gunwriter or father. Lots of people in this world since the beginning of time have made dang poor shallow choices in their heroes.

I'll make it simple for you; Ken Howell is not a perfect person; there has only ever been one perfect man and He got nailed for it. Having said that, Ken is a venerated elder of this tribe and is treated as such because he earned our respect. His considerable intellect and graciousness to all has endeared him to all of us. That's all there is to it.
Posted By: Bulletbutt Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
BTT

whiskeyman; You're sick. You're sick and you show it by being jealous of an old man who has alot of people who know and love him and what he stands for. That's all you are, just sick. Nothing more, nothing important.
Posted By: BOBBALEE Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
Is it just me,or do Houndgirl's posts not seem to be Jane?Bob
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10

Whiskeyman,

We do it because it is the Christian thing to do.

I cant help everyone, but I do the best I can.

I hope you feel the same way, maybe not towards Ken Howell, but for some other person that needs help.

If not, I feel sorry for you because you will never know what friendship really means or feels like.
I don't have to know you, to be your friend.

I don't have to know you to care about you.

I may never meet you though we mean to and still consider you important in my life.

If we do meet I will consider it a pleasure no matter the circumstances.

If I can ease a load for you in this life I will.

A few hours and dollars aren't something I can't afford.

If you're an Azzhole, forget everything I said, doesn't apply to you.

Kent

Posted By: g5m Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
Originally Posted by krp
I don't have to know you, to be your friend.

I don't have to know you to care about you.

I may never meet you though we mean to and still consider you important in my life.

If we do meet I will consider it a pleasure no matter the circumstances.

If I can ease a load for you in this life I will.

A few hours and dollars aren't something I can't afford.

If you're an Azzhole, forget everything I said, doesn't apply to you.

Kent

grin
Posted By: Apparition Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
You hope I'm not......but you don't know it for sure
They might not, I do for sure, your about as worry some as a pimple on my ass. Tell you what tough guy, why dont you come down to my gym and spar a few rounds with me, you know MMA style. The entire point is that no one and I mean no one is so class less as to go ahead and question a man when the chips are down as such as in this case, you [bleep] head are somewhere beneath santorum.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
Another vote for Dr. Howell. He is a class act and stand up guy. He is a man. I just said a prayer for him and his family.
Posted By: SpecialEd Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
Because of my own serious health matters, I don't have a lot of extra moola laying around. But, everything that I have is paid for, so I am blessed. Just because of your less than human approach to this fine man's plight, I will be sure to kick in more than I can afford toward Ken's kitty. I suggest all here who can to do the same. I have discovered in this life, that what goes around, comes back around. You are in my prayers, Mr. Ken.
Posted By: SKane Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10

Jagoff. Your village beckons.

Posted By: 86thecat Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
Put the knuclehead on ignore, adblock his avatar, it's like the OP doesn't exist. Technology is great.
Posted By: Armednfree Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
Listen, mother plucker, if you don't want to help Ken that's your business. If you don't like Ken that's your plucking problem. You're a know nothing plucking idiot. Take your 166 posts and shove them up your sorry azz. Who the pluck are you?

A lot of people here have great respect for Ken, If you don't that's your right and problem. What you should do is NOT RESPOND TO THE POSTS, and mind your own worthless plucking business and keep your disrespectful garbage azz opinion to yourself.

Some people just need a good biotch slapping.
Posted By: Hindsite Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
What an insult..........You need to find another group to harass, for your stay here is not welcome!

What possessed you to bash Ken?

Perhaps the whisky talking or the real you is just despicable! I guess it could be a combination of the two, yep that's more like it!!!
Posted By: JohnMoses Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
You have a man that is in bad shape and is laid up in the hospital, thanks to the kindess of his friends, he is able to get on this board and do a little reading, when his strength allows..

Someone that alot of folks on this board care for and respect is pretty much fighting for his life right now.

And you post this for him to see? Please spare us the "I was just asking a question", your intentions are obvious and your motives disgusting.

To post this for garbage for a man in his condition to read is just pure ass evil.

Somebody needs to take the trash out...

JM
Posted By: uncle joe Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
One look at his sig line should be enough.
I only know Ken from this forum, he always seemed a great guy. If all I can do is keep him in my prayers and send him my best wishes, he has that.

But, this crap that this fool who could not know anything about him says, well, makes me want to kick some teeth in. The older I get the more intolerant I become towards jerkoffs. Sorry if I offended anyone.
Posted By: ingwe Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
Whiskeyman....

WTF? I just caught this thread, and really dude, WTF?

Unbelievable....

Ingwe

Isnt there a "TTB" button anyplace? ( To the bottom...)
Posted By: prm Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
You know what, I've never met him or followed his writing either. That would be all the more reason to keep my nose out of it and not act like a jerk. A little decency and compassion will go a long way. You, whiskeyboy, obviously have neither.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
My wife and I passed through Quemado a few years back.

We found Ken to be gracious and generous, with some truly impressive firearms in his modest collection. We are not ones to be impressed by wealth, and I found myself liking his modest home in such a nice setting, and thinking that I might hope to do as well myself some day.

Neither was there a hint of self-pity in the evident effects of age he was suffering even then. He did speak with fondness of his late wife, who had passed on perhaps decades before.

All in all I was reminded of the description of a John Wayne character.... "Alone, but refusing loneliness".

I have no idea as to the state of Ken's finances, it did occur to me at the time that he was the sort I would like to be.... someone who would refuse assistance as long as possible while passing on most of his own assets to family.

Neither do I know the number or financial status of Ken's child or children, or their attitudes towards their father. I do know that the parents are no more responsible for the actions of their adult children than a son is responsible for the actions of a father.

As for Ken's professional career, clearly it far eclipses mine tho like the song goes "...you never count your blessings while yer sitting at the table..."

Sooo Whiskeyman, I aint pissed, neither is Ken I expect, I hope you enjoy comfortable prosperity to the end, doesn't really matter, as long as yer castles ain't built on shifting sands. You and I both will be passing on before too long, and everything we own or not will be like pee in a bucket.

Birdwatcher
Posted By: Redneck Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10

Maybe the handle sez all... When the booze wears off, consider deleting your onerous posting..
consider deleting your onerous posting..

Unfortunatly, once the first reponce is posted he can't
Posted By: nsaqam Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
His sig line is:

He who angers you, controls you!

Pathetic but understandable given his convoluted and unstable mind.
Posted By: Archerhunter Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
Won't bother Ken a bit if he reads the original post and others by the original poster. Only thing that would trouble Ken is the responses to it. He knows what happens inside a person when he responds with anger and resentment. His thoughts would be about his friends and their continued good health and good fortune. If he could, he'd get on here and tell you all to relax, hold no ill willl and that it don't mean [bleep].

You see, Ken is a very selfless man. He learned it from the Lord. The Bible doesn't instruct us to not do certain things because God doesn't like us doing them, it's because He knows the wages we'll receive for the doing. He doesn't want to see us endure the suffering. His instructions to not do the sin are for our benefit, not His. He's thinking solely of us. There are no thoughts of Himself involved. He only wants what's best for us. And that's exactly the way Ken would view this thread.

For years I read Ken's writings on here and elsewhere. Sought out his words, even. I always enjoyed his writing style, his wit, his charm, his steadfast stoicism, and his undying dedication to the people in his life and especially to the Lord Himself. I loved reading his stories of hunting and other outdoor excursions. I loved reading his teachings on the Bible and the word studies. I grew to love the man behind the stories and lessons. Got to know him through private conversations and emails, which just made it all the more. I wept when I read of his wife's passing. It tore his heart out. I felt the same way when posters on here did all they could to tear his heart out. Some of the crudest stuff I've ever read. They showed their character... and so did Ken. He stood much taller in every way. But he had made that a lifestyle long before. A fine man, through and through. Though a few have equalled that, a finer one I've never met.

I'd love to meet him in person. But a thousand miles between is a large barrier to that, so I've always had to settle for what was available.

Those of you saying Ken is nearing the end, know this. He'll disagree. He's only at the end of the beginning of life, the first leg of the race, the first short stretch, is nearly past him and he knows what awaits. Be not troubled. He's not. When he's ready he'll go. And I'll look foreward to seeing him on the other side.

Don't be bothered by WM. Ken isn't. And you know as well as I do he'd rather see you stand up strait.

Posted By: Paul_M Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
You don't know the man or anything about him. Yet you feel it necessary to come on here and trash a man in the waning days of his life? I read on here more than I post and of all the posts i have read with Mr Howell in them. My impression of him has always been that he is a pretty good guy!

Oh and the PM that you received where someone slandered him.
I think you made that up!

Do the world a favor fill your pockets with some lead shot and go for a swim
Posted By: smokepole Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
Wow. People have asked why someone would make a post like this. It's fairly obvious--whiskeyman sees that Ken Howell has something that he (whiskeyman) will never have, and it bothers him.

Whiskeyman doesn't understand that people want to reach out not because of some need to, but regardless of the need to.

Whiskeyan knows that in the same situation, he may not fare so well, and he's envious.

As far as his signature line, whiskeyman doesn't anger me; the most I can muster is pity.

But it's pretty clear that he angers himself. And that's a shame.
You know guys, we gave this moron what he wanted. Time to let this thread die and spiral into the black hole of dead threads.
Posted By: Redneck Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
Originally Posted by crosshair
You know guys, we gave this moron what he wanted..
'Moron' is way too kind...

Complete dickhead comes closer.. But you're right, overall..

I'm outta here..
Posted By: hemiallen Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
Won't bother Ken a bit if he reads the original post and others by the original poster. Only thing that would trouble Ken is the responses to it. He knows what happens inside a person when he responds with anger and resentment. His thoughts would be about his friends and their continued good health and good fortune. If he could, he'd get on here and tell you all to relax, hold no ill willl and that it don't mean [bleep].

You see, Ken is a very selfless man. He learned it from the Lord. The Bible doesn't instruct us to not do certain things because God doesn't like us doing them, it's because He knows the wages we'll receive for the doing. He doesn't want to see us endure the suffering. His instructions to not do the sin are for our benefit, not His. He's thinking solely of us. There are no thoughts of Himself involved. He only wants what's best for us. And that's exactly the way Ken would view this thread.

For years I read Ken's writings on here and elsewhere. Sought out his words, even. I always enjoyed his writing style, his wit, his charm, his steadfast stoicism, and his undying dedication to the people in his life and especially to the Lord Himself. I loved reading his stories of hunting and other outdoor excursions. I loved reading his teachings on the Bible and the word studies. I grew to love the man behind the stories and lessons. Got to know him through private conversations and emails, which just made it all the more. I wept when I read of his wife's passing. It tore his heart out. I felt the same way when posters on here did all they could to tear his heart out. Some of the crudest stuff I've ever read. They showed their character... and so did Ken. He stood much taller in every way. But he had made that a lifestyle long before. A fine man, through and through. Though a few have equalled that, a finer one I've never met.

I'd love to meet him in person. But a thousand miles between is a large barrier to that, so I've always had to settle for what was available.

Those of you saying Ken is nearing the end, know this. He'll disagree. He's only at the end of the beginning of life, the first leg of the race, the first short stretch, is nearly past him and he knows what awaits. Be not troubled. He's not. When he's ready he'll go. And I'll look foreward to seeing him on the other side.

Don't be bothered by WM. Ken isn't. And you know as well as I do he'd rather see you stand up strait.

Very well stated. This posters opinion, and request ( not sincere) for others to explain to him the reason Ken is held in such high regard by many here, is wrong on so many levels it makes one ponder this person's obvious shortcomings, and realizing that to understand his words or motive are no more important for us than someone on the same level as charles manson, Sadam Heusein, or any other dilusional individual. If that came across wrong, my point is these are words from a lunatic, and should be thrown to the curb like any other piece of trash on collection day.

Ken, from my readings here, is a well spoken, literary type who writes replies in eloquent statements harkening to writings of a very educated, not easily disturbed by drivel man, and as stated above quite possibly is amused at the most that this poster took the time to write a POS with Ken as the man on the pedestal the poster aims at knocking down to his level.

Above that, I hope Ken is well, and enters his new journey when and how he chooses. No other option is deserved of Ken.

God bless, even the fools......

Allen
Posted By: hatari Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
Wow, I came late to this party.

WM,

Did you ever pause to think that maybe some around here just want to help and comfort a friend? Empathy and compassion are admirable human traits. You should try them occasionally.

To All Of Ken's Friends,

Ken likes a good fight. Maybe he'll get a chuckle out of this. We cross swords at one point and emerged buddies.

God Bless you Ken!
Posted By: slasher Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10

WhiskeyMan,

How about just letting it go? The man has been horribly sick for years and that will deplete funds so fast these days of exhorbitant medical costs. Perhaps he didn't chase money or hold it in such high regard as so many do-in error I might add.

His kids may be the very independent, adventuresome type and he brought them up that way. The do live a long way away, he's had too many medical emergencies, 100's, for them to race from far away to his side each time w/o losing their careers and surely he would not want that. It happens and I wouldn't want mine to do that.

You don't know how his kids feel or what they've done.

let's just let it go now,

One day you could unfortunately find yourself in the same plight. Horrible things happen to people sometimes. We can't be his judge.
Some people-many-decided to help. Let them do so in peace and it's their decision and their conscience.

slasher

Posted By: Violator22 Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
WHAT AN ASSBITE!
Posted By: montanabadger Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
I do not know Ken Howell, I have read some of his posts. Custom cartridges are not my thing, but some other people are interested in it, and the fact the he knows enough about it to write a book about it with a 500.00 price tag on it says a lot to me.
I sat for about eight years and watched both of my parents die in the nursing home, and seen first hand what it does to a person to feel that they are only a shadow of their former self, and don't feel useful any more, and have to depend on other to do all the personal and private things for them that they don't want anyone else to do for them. It's humiliating.
Like I said I have read some of his posts, and I can't recall him ever posting anything that would offend anyone including you Whiskey Man.
I don't know what the situation with his children is, and it is not my business and you should not make it yours either, it is a private matter between him and them.
When a person gets to the place in life that Ken Howell has reached weather you think he is really what his built up to be or not shouldn't be addressed on a public forum, even if he is not he doesn't deserve this kind of bashing, and should be allowed to have all of the dignity that is possible to have in his present condition.
Like i said I don't know Ken Howell, but My heart goes out to him, and I wish him the very best life can offer him at this time, and hope that if he has unresolved problems with family or friends he can make peace with them.
I fail to understand the motivation behind a post like this one kicking a man while he is down, but I guess it takes all kinds of people to make up the world, but it is too bad we have to have these kind of people.
I don't post much on this forum, but I had to put my two cents in on this one.
Dr. Howell, if you are reading this out there , I wish you well, and may God be with you.
Whiskey Man if you
are out there reading this , Why don't you do something more worthwhile like stepping on a bunch of baby chickens.
Posted By: Delta Hunter Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
Don't know WhiskeyMan from Adam. The sumbitch could be 6'10" and 350 lbs. for all I know. But he's demonstrated here that no matter his physical stature, he's a small man, a very, very small man.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
*ahem*

You're giving him what he craves when you insult him.

Yes,...there's people who really *are* that sick,...believe it.
Posted By: Duc1198 Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
Five therads about Ken Howell on the first page alone?
Posted By: BobinNH Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10

I really don't think this was necessary.....cripes, the things people will say when they can hide behind the anonymity of the internet.....unbelievable.

You know WhiskeyMan, you'd likely get along better if you restricted your statements on here to things you would not be afraid to say to some one's face.
I think WM has got it.

KRP, they say you can measure someone by the company they keep, I think you Kent are in the same category of character as Mr. Howell, just as I am sure most all the other fine folks here.

John Moses, and ArcherHunter, well said, as all the other posts.

The posts reveal the inside hearts of the fine people here which is why I have been on this board so much. Others boards have fine people as well, some not so much, but the majority of folks here on the fire are fine people.

Gang, don't let some person with their own demons bring you to his level. Just pray for him to change, in between your prayers for Ken.

Let's all do the right thing and let this go, as Ken would want. As someone above posted I am not angry either, but merely hold pity for the OP. Maybe he had a bad night w/too much booze.

I am sorry this situation ever happened and hope Ken never reads/read any of it.

As to the OP, I think the best thing I could hope for you is to pray for yourself, find something inside that allows you to make a sincere apology to Ken Howell on this thread, but only if you mean it by coming to terms with yourself, after much reflection having read much feedback. Be honest with yourself and look at your own faults and stop judging others, lest you be. If you can do that, we are making progress sir, until then you are in my prayers as Ken is and his family.

All have a wonderful day and weekend, and that especially goes to Ken Howell.
Posted By: EWY Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
WM
You are a useless POS troll.
Posted By: oulufinn Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
Originally Posted by EWY
WM
You are a useless POS troll.

Yep. One who is proud to have his clearly trollish post racking up pages of retorts...
Posted By: shaman Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
Ya know something? Say what you want about Whiskeyman. However, I have to say that I am impressed. His is absolutely the king topper of all the goofy starter posts I've seen around here or anywhere else for that matter. It makes me proud to be a Christian and an American that we can suffer a guy like this among us and that he has survived to adulthood is a testament to Western Civilization's compassion and tolerance.

You gotta a guy, Ken, who is obviously beloved and revered. He is obviously considered a personal treasure to a good number of people-- me included. He's in a bad way. It takes a certain wantonness to come into that sort of situation and lay a turd of that size and fetidness into the collective punchbowl. I'm sure Whiskeyman did it with complete malice aforethought too. This is no accidental gaff. This is a huge social #2. It deserves a lifetime achievement award. A particularly unsavory sexual act or bodily function or secretion needs to be named in Whiskeyman's honor. Years from now, newbies should be still asking the question "What does it mean to 'lay a Whiskeyman?'" the same way they ask "What's a Sucks?" Alcoholics should wake up "in their own Whiskeyman." Syphilitics should go to their doctor to have their "Whiskeyman" lanced or scraped or drained.

I'll leave it to posterity to decide Whiskeyman's fate, but I feel something should be done. This cannot be left to be forgotten.

Posted By: ldoret Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
+1 Shaman....I post very infrequently but WTF, unfrikken believable
Scotty, turn off the tractor beam, let it fall into the black hole of dead threads.
Posted By: kend Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
This person is an insignificant POS whose failure to succeed in life is reflected in his attempt to belittle others. This is a common trait among losers. He needs his ass kicked and I will pray that it happens soon. Ken
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: The Ken Howell Hype - 02/26/10
Try doing a search on a member before asking such assinine questions. And get off the whiskey, you obviously can't handle it.

Ken will simply laugh at this thread, he's been attacked by other members before and it just rolls off his shoulder. A good man he is, you, not so much.
© 24hourcampfire