Home
...by universally putting Whiskeyman on ignore.

I've never put anybody on ignore before because it doesn't seem to be any reason for one person to ignore one person.

However, if the entire 24 hour campfire shunned Whiskeyman by putting him on ignore, it would serve to thwart his incentive to be here.

,..and in my opinion, that would be a plus.
I'm with you Kentucky.
Done.
Only one I have on ignore now.
Done
Done. Only poster I've ever put on ignore, his posts on Ken are that repugnant. Hell, that's just pure evil stuff to say about anybody.
For those who don't know how to place a member on ignore,...click on whiskeyman's name under a thread he has started,..scroll down, and click on "ignore this user".

I had to figure it out just now. As I said, I've never placed anyone on ignore before.
*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

This is WhiskeyGirls new Identity on my computer
First time in 9 years on this site that I have ignored a person. Feels strange but very deserving.

I still vote to get rid of this idiot.
Ignoring will jes keep you wondering, so you won't do it.

My posts evoke emotions in you of all kinds, unlike most forum posts do. You cannot live life fully without expressing and feeling all of the emotions that mother nature put inside you.

Thanks for reading my threads and posts and living life to your fullest!
don't know what you said,..but thanks for the bump.
Originally Posted by Enrique
First time in 9 years on this site that I have ignored a person. Feels strange but very deserving.

I still vote to get rid of this idiot.

Me too.....Rick, get this dude out of here PLEASE !!!!
Quickest I ever put anyone on ignore...
First time I've done it, but at your request.....

Who's Whisky Man ???

Maybe it's better I don't know, or how this Crusade will help Ken? ... but, "knock yourself out."
Done & Done.

I have never ignored someone before.

Thanks Bristoe for the heads up.

Joel

OOPS! Sorry, I didn't see Whisky Man's above post ...

Too late now, - I - AM - UNDER - HIS - CONTROL - -
Done for the first time I wish we would all just not respond to these kind of people and thay will go away. Low lifes such as him like all the attention.
Well, I was put on ignore for the first time ever, by Oldman1942 and now put someone on ignore for the first time, WM.... all in the same day. The only two people I have issues with on this site.

It was a profitable day...

What will ingwe say...

Kent
Originally Posted by krp
Well, I was put on ignore for the first time ever, by Oldman1942 and now put someone on ignore for the first time, WM.... all in the same day. The only two people I have issues with on this site.

What will ingwe say...

Kent

He'll say you probably done it cause 'you caught the gay'! grin
Originally Posted by WhiskeyMan

My posts evoke emotions in you of all kinds, unlike most forum posts do. You cannot live life fully without expressing and feeling all of the emotions that mother nature put inside you.

Feel this Prick..There ya go, just had to join Bristoe...Bear
Originally Posted by Oldmanms2003
Originally Posted by krp

What will ingwe say...

Kent

He'll say you probably done it cause 'you caught the gay'! grin

He's a bad influence for sure... just saying...

night all.

Kent
Sorry, one more time ...
------------------------

I regret having been 'flip' regarding the responses to WhiskyMan ... I was not aware of WhiskyMans original thread as posted, regarding what WhiskyMan terms "Hype" ... as Ken's good friends here are deeply concerned and sad for the hard struggle Dr. Ken Howell is enduring.

There should be NO place here on the Campfire for "that" person or any other including myself, when one presumes to take a path so heartless in a direction only to criticise or denigrate another human soul who is near helpless, destitute, and suffering ... as he nears this lifes end ... and mocks those who only love that man.
Yeah, what PWeed said. Bob
You know Bristoe, this is prolly your best thread ever. wink

Good call, and I've already done it.

BTT
Just one more quick note. As far as money, Ken just paid normal bills recently, he's not a pauper. When you are put in these places they take all your SS, retirement payments in return for care. Personal bills are paid with outside that realms money, just how these systems work. Getting VA benies will up his therapy and care.

As much as this is being done to get some cushion for him, it is the celebration of spirit from friends here to him and the acknowledgment he feels has lifted him up and made him stronger. He personally told me he didn't care if a nickle was raised, he was just so thankful a friend like JC was thinking of him.

The 'fire is his family, his window to the outside. He say's it often.

Kent
I think putting whiskyazz on ignore is a good idea and its the only way alot of guys will be able to keep themselves from replying to his stupid posts.

Shows your charakter. As does your sigline. Off.
That was easy.
Originally Posted by Bristoe

I've never put anybody on ignore before because it doesn't seem to be any reason for one person to ignore one person.

However, if the entire 24 hour campfire shunned Whiskeyman by putting him on ignore, it would serve to thwart his incentive to be here.

Done...
It's pretty obvious that WM is a former idiot poster with a new handle. Oh yeah, he's on ignore - first for me as well, though it'll be short lived as he likely won't see the weekend here.
Done. The first time for me too...
Originally Posted by STA
Done. The first time for me too...

+1
Done.
Done, first one. miles

I wouldn't be so sure........... Click !!!!

My first Campfire member on "Ignore"!

This guy makes Mazur likeable!
I went back and read some this clown's other posts. He was 'questionable' from the git go.

Now y'all know that I don't often agree with Bristoe,but I have to stand beside him on this issue.

Ken and I had our differences, and on occasion were less than cordial to each other. Still, I always held his work and thoughts in high regard, and have never wished him anything other than the best.
Another a-hole on ignore..
Originally Posted by krp

What will ingwe say...

Kent

Ingwe will say you did the right thing.....Again...

Ingwe
Done. He's not the only, just the latest but all who are there are of the same ilk.
Done, but I would much prefer to see him banned, the actions certainly warrant it.
Wow that was easy, never ignored nobody before...
Originally Posted by sgt217
Wow that was easy, never ignored nobody before...

hey Bristoe how do you do that ,,when i hit his name i just get ,pm ,profile and couple others not ignor
Hit profile. In the top menu to the right is a button that says "ignore this user". Left click on that button and you're done.

Big B, this is an unusual request to come from you, and as such I feel compelled to respond. Jerk-head is now on ignore, and IMHO for good reason.
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Hit profile. In the top menu to the right is a button that says "ignore this user". Left click on that button and you're done.

Doc...just went there and did it....my first time ever..

I didnt even put Lee on Ignore, but this .........

Ingwe
Clicking on ignore is easy. Generally I don't like banning but a few people are trollish enough to make it worthwhile.

norm99, since you asked Bristoe for instructions I'd best let him answer, but, if somebody else were to ask I'd suggest clicking on the profile part, and then you get a screen that has a line in it that says 'ignore this user' or words to that effect and you click on that and then you get a notice on each of that user's posts that says "You are ignoring this user". If you really want to see what they posted - 'taking a peek', if you will - you then just click on that post and you can magically see it. Isn't modern electronics grand?
ingwe... I know, your web-fu is so strong you haven't needed to use "ignore" before. For the rest of us mortals, it is a seldom-used but very useful "last resort".
laugh
Done.
I am a very slow typist. Three responses while I'm trying to 'hunt and peck' and answer!
Done. I also hope that people refrain from quoting his posts in theirs, so we don't have to read his posts indirectly.
By the way, Bristoe, this is quite a thread for you to start!
Originally Posted by DocRocket
ingwe... I know, your web-fu is so strong you haven't needed to use "ignore" before. For the rest of us mortals, it is a seldom-used but very useful "last resort".
laugh

thanks guys ,2 clicks no more bulldung grin
Done.

'Twas a big week for me. Put my first two members on ignore. This one plus Bangum.
Done
The sick prick needs to be gone. Now.
done
done & glad
Well, a first for me and hopefully my last.
A first for me too but a done deal....
Just on the basis of his post on this thread, WM is ignored. Feels good.
Done.
Done.
Done.. An easy choice..
This just shows how sick some in our society can be. I talked to Dr. Howell before his latest health issues. Totally aside from his writing & editing skills he served in WWII including being stationed at Washington Navy Yard in DC. Dr. Howell is a great American & responding to Whiskeyman is a waste of time. Who cares about his opinions? Placed on ignore & one can only hope he disappears.
Got a question:
Will I still be able to read everyone's post, even if WM tries to slither in?

Never put anyone on ignore yet. So don't know really how it works. Oh, and where is that ignore button or thread on how to do it?

For WM - You need to stand in front of a mirror and read your sig line out loud 1000 times. Learn to recognize yourself !
Ignore only blocks the posts of the person who is on ignore.

Click on whiskeyman's name under a thread title he has started and it will take you directly to a page which enables you to place him on ignore.
Another....
Thanks for this thread, Bristoe.
smile
Thanks, Bristoe. Headed now to get 'er done!
I've been ignoring him for quite some time without using the ignore function. That's not to say the ignore function isn't useful though. WM clearly has some deep seated and deviant need for attention. I suspect he's some wimpy little twit in pink panties that hopes some measure of testosterone will rub off the fire on him. Hell, he might even be Masr reincarnate.
Done, pretty cool!

And, I'm countin' on you guys to spot his new 'login' for me.

What a piece of slime!
Bristoe, I had his worthless ass on ignore the 1st day he posted. cool I love unity!
Would somebody please quote what Bristoe said, I don't want to take him off "IGNORE"... grin

wiskeylickadick is a goner!
Done!
done yesterday
Done. Everyone should.

Agreed.
*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

Thanks, B.

looks like a plan.

GTC
Originally Posted by g5m
By the way, Bristoe, this is quite a thread for you to start!
*shrugg*,..I can be provoked by a certain level of rude behavior.

If a thread such as the one which precipitated this one had been directed at me, I would have just smiled and verbally given the finger.

But the circumstances are different, so I made a suggestion.

Besides,..I'm headed out to work and this thread needed a bump.

Ignored, bump.
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM
Done.
Only one I have on ignore now.

ditto, never put anyone on "ignore" before, first time for everything I reckon
Bristoe, this is one you and I can agree on. I lamped whiskeyman for a douchebag in his first few posts, and he has continued to break new ground in douchebaggery. On ignore now.
First time here too. Usually I can filter it well myself, but for Ken's sake I'm all too happy to start with WM.
Ignore is worthless as long as others here keep quoting the son of a bitch
I caught this one a bit late and already left a post on her thread. I won't put her on ignore but I will not read or post in any of her threads again. I have never put anyone on ignore before and don't see any reason to now.

DONE .....

Although I've ignored him for some time now he retes right up ther with Maser, Lee24, and Jeffey Boy.... He's joined the select few.....
I just did a user search for wiskeyman, nothing found. Gone??

Ah, chit, searched whiskeyman, still there.
Originally Posted by TooDogs
I just did a user search for wiskeyman, nothing found. Gone??

Ah, chit, searched whiskeyman, still there.

He should be gone, and his stupid thread buried in as deep a hole as Rick can find, if for some reason it can't be wiped off the board
Originally Posted by SKane
It's pretty obvious that WM is a former idiot poster with a new handle. Oh yeah, he's on ignore - first for me as well, though it'll be short lived as he likely won't see the weekend here.

That crossed my mind, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Why not, he hasn't been back for a while and this is the kind of chit he likes to stir.
Dude is frigging evil.

Like so many others here, this will be my first time putting someone on ignore. I find myself happy to do it in light of the BS he started this time.

I can't help help but think he should have named himself "Poker", because that's his true purpose. A tool lying around waiting to stir up the normally warm glow of the campfire, into an inferno. I for one hope he gets burned.
Originally Posted by Tracks

Why not, he hasn't been back for a while and this is the kind of chit he likes to stir

Well if we are thinking about the same guy, I'd like to believe he wouldn't sink to this level, prove me wrong and his critics right. But if your right, your right.
Barkoff You have a PM
poof.

I feel cleaner. whistle

Done got it done long time ago when this jerk first showed up here. Easy to tell that he ain't nothin' but a stupid liar lookin' to cause trouble.

Funeral time for this idiot!

Nobody supposed to be peekin' at his crap, either.
Done.

Mike
WMs behavior is despicable. DONE.
Old sumbitch came up with a dang good idea. Thanks Bristoe smile
Ken has been a friend to me.
Done here as well.
Originally Posted by Tracks

Why not, he hasn't been back for a while and this is the kind of chit he likes to stir

Well if we are thinking about the same guy, I'd like to believe he wouldn't sink to this level, prove me wrong and his critics right. But if your right, your right.

Spill the beans.No point in hiding a arsehole.What happened to Ken on that thread was disgraceful.
I'm in.

I'n in too. Been wanting to ignore the loser for a while anyway
Done.
The man is a bonafide liar. I called him out on one a few days ago, in another thread:
Serious Drinking Problem!.
His post about "Stoney River, Alaska.....January 2010.....minus 51 degrees." included a pic from his Photobucket account. When I doubted him, he posted "Some of you studs will stop at nothin' to prove me wrong, huh?"
I guess not, since I found the identical pic online dated 2009 here. grin

Done. Ken Howell is a man of honor. Some have no idea what that means.
Had already decided not to respond to him, and now can't read his posts.

Good idea, thanks
Done.. a while ago.

BP...
WhiskeyMangina alluded that Ken had solicited monies from the campfire.In the five or so years that I've been here I've never known Ken to ask for anything from anyone.

His style has always been one of grace and modesty but not above putting a man in his place with his sythe-like wit when the need arose.

His signature on many of his post never failed to make me smile.
"OL' WORTHLESS"

He will be missed.

Denny.
I can't imagine why a guy (WM) would do something like that. Just plain stupid-mean.

I turned of signatures long ago, so I don't see it but after that post he started, I can only imagine....

Brent
Not sure how I can play this,....now that I've got this excresance that can type on ignore,.....

but the "Abandoned Mine Shaft Tour" invitation still stands,

"WM" can consider it an "All expenses Paid, one way trip".

all he has to do is show up,.......

Thence,........?

He'll "look Up" at, and to AZ. from a different "level".

GTC
I won't ignore someone by technological means.

I'll try and exhibit self-control.
Done
© 24hourcampfire