Home
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3J_qB7daq4

GTC
Roy D. Mercer.

Funny, funny schit.

How big an ol' boy are you anyway?

You got 300 dollars worth of ass I can whip.....?!?
When in high school we could pick up Tulsa radio and listened to them every morning. They got to where they couldn't fool anybody in the Tulsa area and to spread out nationally for their calls. Funny stuff.
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Something you could only do if the police chief was your brother.
Personally, I've never liked Roy D. Mercer. I heard one of his calls to where he told a woman he was going to "whup her ass" over the radio. Had that been my wife I would have had the radio station and Roy D. Mercer in court until the Second Coming. When he calls and threatens a law officer he's really asking for trouble no matter what his intents are. There other ways of being funny.
Originally Posted by MColeman
When he calls and threatens a law officer he's really asking for trouble no matter what his intents are. There other ways of being funny.
It would seem that the Chief's brother was there with him, and put him up to it.
Geeez lighten up!
Originally Posted by Furprick
Geeez lighten up!
+1
ROFLMAO!!!grin Man I love Mercer!

maddog
Originally Posted by Cheesy
When in high school we could pick up Tulsa radio and listened to them every morning. They got to where they couldn't fool anybody in the Tulsa area and to spread out nationally for their calls. Funny stuff.

Yeah, we used to live only 80 miles from Tulsa and Mercer was big amongst all our neighbors. I've got a bunch of his tapes. I just couldn't work up a good hee-haw on this one. Been there-done that comes to mind. Mercer is funny as hell about the first 5000 times you hear him threaten to open up a can of whoopass on somebody. The 5001st starts to get a bit pedestrian.

Frankly old Coss talking about goobermint workers is funnier. I was hoping for something new from Mercer but...y'all enjoy. Seriously, when you first hear him, he's hilarious. I used to rof.
I looked all over YouTube for one of the old ones that was rof funny, but couldn't find any that I thought were memorable. You'd think there would be more RD Mercer vids out there. Weird when Epic Bearded Man has more stuff on there than Mercer. Course, that chit was pretty funny too. "Get me ambalance."
The real truth behind Roy Mercer came from John Bean from Maynardville TN just outside of Knoxville TN. I heard the first calls in 1990 or 1991. The originals are 10X better than the radio versions! The video has some of the originals in it.

The Real Roy Mercer
I've been listening to a few of his calls on YouTube. Very funny stuff. What are all the Dr. Joe D. Fun references that always seem to tip people off that it's a prank?
© 24hourcampfire