Home
Posted By: Wtxj Life Moves On--- - 04/25/10
As old as I am, life still hurts at times. Friday evening I lost my mother to cancer. She was very strong during her battle. Never complained of the pain. May she rest in peace. I'm glad she is with my Dad and out of the pain that cancer seems to cause.

Guys, give your mom a hug when you can, life can be fast.

Posted By: Bluedreaux Re: Life Moves On--- - 04/25/10
Knowing that there's bigger things than life helps. But you already know that. Prayers sent.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Life Moves On--- - 04/25/10
Wtxj..my sincere condolences for your loss. But you already realize she is in a better place!
Posted By: T LEE Re: Life Moves On--- - 04/25/10
Very sorry for your loss Sir. Prayers for the family offered.
Posted By: Scott F Re: Life Moves On--- - 04/25/10
Been there, lost my mother three years ago. I was lucky as we lived on opposite coasts but I had visited her a few months before she died. A few months ago I had a thought pop into my head that I should call and share some good family news with her then I remembered she is not taking calls any more.

I am glad you have assurances of her status. I do not have that for either of my parents.

Yes, life goes on but that does not make it easy for those of us who remain.
Posted By: logger Re: Life Moves On--- - 04/25/10
Wtxl:

I understand your loss. My mother passed away on April 9 also from cancer. She was diagnosed in December, we took her to a nursing home that she and we had selected. Although it was not close, we did spend most of the last 4 months with her. She rapidly declined and was at a very low level for about 2 months (she could not speak for the last two months) I was with her on the morning of the day that she passed away. Even though we knew how this was going to end, their was still a qualitative difference between my mom being on this earth (even at a very low level) and not being here at all. I was very fortunate in that I was close to my mom and my wife was just as close (if not closer as my mom had no daughters). All our memories are good ones filled with joy and laughter. She lived a good 87 year life and we will both miss her greatly. I am very sorry for your loss.
Posted By: Grogel_Deluxe Re: Life Moves On--- - 04/25/10
Laid My Gramma to rest friday, My heart goes out to you.
Posted By: roundoak Re: Life Moves On--- - 04/25/10
Yes, life moves on...yet fortunately the memories remain. Sorry to hear of your loss.

The best to you and yours.
Posted By: bea175 Re: Life Moves On--- - 04/25/10
I have been there with both Mom and Dad , believe me i know how you feel . I think of them just about every day and they have been gone for a while. Just think of the good times . The strange thing is sometime i pick up the phone to call and then i remember mom is gone. My heart goes out to you.
Posted By: Bulletbutt Re: Life Moves On--- - 04/25/10
Wtxj; Sorry your mom passed away and sorrier yet it was from cancer.
It's been eleven years since my mom died, and all I can say positive about the experience is that she passed quickly.
Posted By: Wtxj Re: Life Moves On--- - 04/25/10
Thanks everyone.
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: Life Moves On--- - 04/25/10
My old Mom's right next door,....brewing tea, and steaming vegetables.

At a ripe old age of 91 she'll talk to me every now and than, about our mortality.

sometimes I listen.

So sorry about your Mom's passing,.....

No words, Man.

GTC
Posted By: byc Re: Life Moves On--- - 04/25/10
I did this just today with both my Mom and Dad. And because of your situation and local/best friends who have been through the same as you I do it every chance I get. I fear the day I lose either of my parents. I really do. Just today both had encountered injuries from the farm. Upsets me but they are going to live and work as they always have. At 73 however, I have to find them some physical help or they will wind up killing themselves. Pretty sure my Dad sprained his ankle but he would not admit it.

WT I am deeply regretful that you lost your Mother and hope she is without pain and with her Heavenly Father.

I also that hope you are equally well and know that we are blessed by those who pass on after living a full live amongst us.

David
Posted By: 4xbear Re: Life Moves On--- - 04/26/10
I just tilled my Mothers garden spot for her today she is 91 and still getting after it but I can see her starting to fail. Hope she has a wile yet and am sorry your Mom didn't. All the best, Bear
Posted By: GregW Re: Life Moves On--- - 04/26/10
Sorry to hear that bud...

Posted By: Huntr Re: Life Moves On--- - 04/26/10
So very sorry to hear of your loss... Prayers sent for you and your family.
Posted By: W7ACT Re: Life Moves On--- - 04/26/10
Originally Posted by Scott F
Been there, lost my mother three years ago. I was lucky as we lived on opposite coasts but I had visited her a few months before she died. A few months ago I had a thought pop into my head that I should call and share some good family news with her then I remembered she is not taking calls any more.

I am glad you have assurances of her status. I do not have that for either of my parents.

Scott she's still taking your calls, only it's at a different level. She's still in your mind and that's the greatest compliment of all.
Posted By: norm99 Re: Life Moves On--- - 04/26/10
prayers for the family,,mom will be 99 in Aug ,,mil 95 in march
Posted By: dan55 Re: Life Moves On--- - 04/26/10
Sorry for your loss.
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Life Moves On--- - 04/26/10
Sorry for your family's loss. We lost my mother 2 yrs ago this month to pancreatic cancer.
Posted By: Scott F Re: Life Moves On--- - 04/26/10
Originally Posted by W7ACT
Originally Posted by Scott F

Scott she's still taking your calls, only it's at a different level. She's still in your mind and that's the greatest compliment of all.

You Sir are one great friend! Thanks.
Posted By: Big_Papa Re: Life Moves On--- - 04/26/10
Sorry for your loss. April has been a busy month my sister in law passed on the 8th from diabates kidney failure. Father and Mother gone along time now but your right it still hurts. Stay stong.

Clint
Posted By: tx270 Re: Life Moves On--- - 04/26/10
Thoughts and prayers sent your way. So sorry for your loss my friend.

Bill
Posted By: okok Re: Life Moves On--- - 04/26/10
Sorry for your loss, cancer has touched our family a few times, Take care my friend !
Posted By: 1minute Re: Life Moves On--- - 04/26/10
Lost mine too several years back. Dad about 8 years earlier than that. I'm sure they are much happier being together again. The pain will subside, but the memories will last forever.
Posted By: RickyD Re: Life Moves On--- - 04/26/10
Sorry for your loss. Losing a parent is never easy, but it sounds like you can be comforted by the assurance she is in a much better place.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Life Moves On--- - 04/26/10
Losing a parent is one of the heaviest blows you can take. I know.........

Mom though is 93, and going strong. Still drives, still does volunteer work at the hospital, still holds her weekely Bible study group and still finds time to call me and correct whatever I am doing. laugh
Posted By: 30Gibbs Re: Life Moves On--- - 04/26/10
Condolences and prayers to you and your family.
© 24hourcampfire