Home
[Linked Image]
These guys (Beldings ground squirrels) can have serious impacts on our local alfalfa fields. But......
[Linked Image]
we recently recruited a new helper for our control endeavors. With a rifle that was way too large, and less than stellar rests, he scored about 70%. Here's a few of his victims, and he was quite careful to only retrieve some of those he was responsible for. A fun day indeed, and I hope to experience many more with he and his dad.

Presently the first generation of youngsters have emerged. To give one an idea on numbers, I used 1,100 rds of 22 LR's last Friday loading single shot, and probably cleared about 5 acres of property.

Great way to break in a potential new hunter.
EXCELLENT!!! Ya done good Pilgrim!!!
So 'cutely destructive .....'

Good for you and your young 'friend.' You his pops? Grandpops? or uncle?
yeah, I remember the big smile on Seafire Jr when I took him over for the first time at age 11...even with all the anti hunting exposure at school he gets, he is a confirmed hunter...

it pisses off the tree hugger and PETA crowd at his school a lot... which makes him all the happier...
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
EXCELLENT!!! Ya done good Pilgrim!!!

PLUS 1,000!!!!!
Very Cool, look at the smile on his face. cool
StubbleDuck:
You his pops? Grandpops? or uncle?

No relation. Just a friend and neighbor.
Great Job!
Thats great thats the way I learned to shoot. My Grandad would buy me a box of 22shorts and told me when I got 100% he would get all the ammo I wanted. I will not make the same mistake with my Grandson ammo is spendy these day's lots of good memories.

Excellent... I think the young man is hooked
better watch out Hound Girl m
ight want to live trap them grin

good shooting and training smile
© 24hourcampfire