Home
Posted By: John White CBS news - 07/12/01
Dan (I'm getting ready to go off at any minute) Rather, tonight, with a very pained expression on his face, made a 10 second statement which went something like this: "The NRA got a very large victory today when the justice Department reversed itself, after 30 years, and stated that they believe that the Second Amendment of the Constitution is refering to an individual Right to Keep and Bear Arms, not a militia Right." I would have rather had him say that 80,000,000 gun owners got the victory. Of course, he could have said (and probably wanted to say) a bunch of felons. He really looked like he ws going to throw up. Poor guy.
Posted By: big hunter Re: CBS news - 07/12/01
I feel no pity for him. His type's the people that got Americans brainwashed anyhow.
Posted By: ready_on_the_right Re: CBS news - 07/12/01
I hope he choked on every word!<P>Rabid
Posted By: Rusty-Gunn Re: CBS news - 07/12/01
I bet he pritneer soiled his pants, poor guy, having to puke up the truth like that. Them words probably gave him a bad taste in his mouth, so he had to lick gore's arse just to lick his lips again! [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] ~~~Suluuq<A HREF="http://www.northwestarcticborough.org/arcticraft/donferguson/index.htm" TARGET=_blank>Suluuq's page</A>
Posted By: John Tyson Re: CBS news - 07/12/01
Momma Potato was having supper with her three daughters.<P>#1 daughter informs Momma Potato that she is going to marry an Idaho. Momma Potato was pleased, "Oh how nice. Idahoes are such fine taters."<P>#2 daughter informs Momma Potato that she is going to marry a Russett. Momma Potato was very pleased, "Oh how wonderful. Those Russetts are the finest taters."<P>#3 daughter informs Momma Potato that she is going to marry Dan Rather. Momma Potato shrieks in protest, "Oh how could you even think of marrying Dan Rather! He is just a 'common tater'." [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] <P>GROANER!!
Posted By: dubePA Re: CBS news - 07/12/01
Some of you fellers may not be old enough to remember the notorious hit piece CBS did on sport hunting back in the 70's titled "The Guns of Autumn", if I recollect it properly.<BR>They hyped the hell out of this thing, back when they fancied themselves the leader in exposes. <BR>I don't remember much about it anymore, other than it was a blatant attempt by CBS to paint all sport hunters with a negative brush. Propaganda at it's finest. Wonder how many of today's anti-hunters were swayed by this crap and have gone on to create more anti-hunting propaganda.
Posted By: John Tyson Re: CBS news - 07/12/01
I remember CBS's "The Guns of Autumn." They showed a small deer tied to a stake by a rope and a 'hunter' shooting it. [img]images/icons/mad.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: 7mmbuster Re: CBS news - 07/13/01
I remember that too. (kinda dates us, huh?) [img]images/icons/frown.gif" border="0[/img] <P>The whole problem is that there are too many people out there who see stuff on TV and thinks it's a fact. It never occurs to them that TV newsies are way more interested in ratings than in truth. Same applys to print and radio too. "I heard it! It's gospel!" People have no interest in taking the time to educate themselves before deciding on something. [img]images/icons/mad.gif" border="0[/img] <BR>7mmbuster
Posted By: curdog4570 Re: CBS news - 07/13/01
Warning! THis post may cause envy!While I dont know Dan Rather,his brother,Noel,owed me some money on an oil deal years ago.I finally went to his big fine office in Dallas.I was very kind and considerate.It was a hot day and I offered to open his window for him.<BR>My exact words were that if he didnt pay me,I was going to throw him thru his window.He was a football player in college and a good sized fella so I'm pretty sure his body would have opened the window even though it was one solid plane of glass.<BR>We will never know if he woulda payed me if he had had a ground floor office.<BR>The point of this post is that I also got to tell him what I thought of the network his brother worked for and asked him what floor Dan's office was on!
© 24hourcampfire