Home
6 Americans on medical team killed in Afghanistan

KABUL, Afghanistan � Ten members of a medical team, including six Americans, were shot and killed by militants as they were returning from providing eye treatment and other health care in remote villages in northern Afghanistan, a spokesman for the team said Saturday.

Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid told The Associated Press that they killed the foreigners because they were "spying for the Americans" and "preaching Christianity."

Plinker's editorial: Islamic fundamentalism wants Christians dead.
Start the carpet bombing.
Originally Posted by Karnis
No. Get our azzes out and introduce them to Dr Cruise every time they close an outhouse door.
Napalm. You have weak ROE.
based on this, and other similar incidents, I'd opine that right now is NOT a good time to be over proselytizing to the heathens.
Originally Posted by Junior1942
No. Get our azzes out and introduce them to Dr Cruise every time they close an outhouse door.

great....the Clinton method. that worked real well the first time, Junior.
I think napalm, then have a big chicken fry!
What a waste. You have to admire the "stones" these physicians have for working in these regions. Frequently the "Dr's w/o borders" type orgs won't work around or with coalition forces because they feel they'll be targeted. But nothing will bring the attention of Taliban quicker than preaching some other faith other than their own. What a waste.
Heard an update on the radio. It was a Christian team supplying medical aide to remote areas.

Originally Posted by Steve_NO

I'm beginning to think that Afghanistan deserves the Taliban. I also don't think that every single Afghan plus all of their goats are worth a single American life.
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

I'm beginning to think that Afghanistan deserves the Taliban. I also don't think that every single Afghan plus all of their goats are worth a single American life.

I can't think of one single liberal worth defending, not one.
Just heard some Euroweenie biotch from another NGO working in Afghanistan on the radio, pretty much saying that the victims had only themselves to blame because they were Christians. And, of course, any professing Christian in a Muslim country is vulnerable to whatever the religion of peace chooses to dish out.

Somewhere, Sulemein the Magnificent must be smiling, as the Europeans become the willing slaves of the Caliphate and their own fears. Good little dhimmis.
What kills me is this..

Why does the western press scream bloody murder when a civilian over there is accidentally killed by American or European troops...

yet at the same time, something like this happens and their attitude is solemn and they sell it as what a tragedy...

so to the liberal press, it is perfectly acceptable for the Taliban and Muslims to kill western relief workers....showing whose side these leftist liberals are on...
Why is it that anyone who looks at this can not see?
I have always said that we should treat muslims here just like they treat Christians in their cess pool countries.

Such as.................can you IMAGINE putting a Baptist Church in Mecca? I mean as a show by muslims about how they would like to be treated with the mosque at Ground Zero?

With muslims, just as with liberals, there is NO compromise from them, but a constant bleating for compromise by us.
Two comments:

1. I feel for the families of those murdered, but I'm sure their families look forward to joining them in heaven.

2. The murderers just signed up for a little more misery in the afterlife, if that is possible. Of course, they might want to look into how their sins could be forgiven, but they killed several people who could have told them.

More stick, less carrot... I'm not so hot on the nation building plan in a tribal culture... especially when we are broke.

Prayers for the victims and their families... mission work really is a part of the great commission... really glad I'm not felling called to do so...
Prayers out for the families of those who were murdered.

Can you imagine the outrage from the Muslim world (and the MSM) if there were an armed renegade Christian bunch in this country targeting Muslim relief workers from, say, Iran, here? Our civilized country (myself included) would be calling for heads to roll. We likely won't hear anything like that coming from the peace-loving Muslim world or our MSM.

Shameful . . .

I say get out of the Middle East and let them kill each other, just as they have been doing for centuries.
Originally Posted by Otter
. . . I say get out of the Middle East and let them kill each other, just as they have been doing for centuries.
That's exactly what the president is doing.
the 'president' is a putz
Bridge Afghanistan

Dear All.

We have just heard the terrible news from Afghanistan.unfortunately Karen was part of the group that were killed whilst delivering aid and medical care in Nuristan of Afghanistan. we are distressed and deeply disturb by sad news We thank everyone for thinking of Karen at this time.

Firuz Rahimi
Bridge Afghanistan.

Dr Karen Woo MBBS,MRCS

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Otter
. . . I say get out of the Middle East and let them kill each other, just as they have been doing for centuries.
That's exactly what the president is doing.

How endearing, and HEROIC.

Than ,....there is that "Spanish Tour" thing hanging fire, too.

GTC
[/quote]I'm beginning to think that Afghanistan deserves the Taliban. I also don't think that every single Afghan plus all of their goats are worth a single American life. [/quote]

We Americans assume that everyone on Earth wants our way of life, democracy, freedoms, capitalism.
I think many people don't want it and will never warm to us and our way of life regardless of how many of our children's lives we sacrifice trying to "liberate" them.
While I do defend the the complete massacre of those responsible for the 9/11 attacks,
I feel that any other effort beyond that is simply a huge waste of time, money and lives.
Victims of Afghan massacre gave years of service

List of the doctors and volunteers murdered by the Islamists at the link above.
The eye Doctor was a local guy. Delmar is only 10 miles from me. Pardon me, but going into Taliban country depending on helplessness and good intentions to protect you isn't on my list of smart things to do. The Taliban are just as opposed to bringing ANY Western influence and any advancement as a deadly threat to them. Getting killed was only a matter of time. Reality.
© 24hourcampfire