Home
what gives? i was the high bidder on an item, saw that someone out bid me by 5.00, so when i went to bid higher, i had an instant response from gunbroker informing me the seller had blocked me from bidding. does anyone know why something like this coours? thanks
Do you have bad feedback or no feedback? Rarely there are sellers that don't want to deal with new buyers because of past problems. Other than that I couldn't guess, unless maybe seller wants to sell the item to that particular buyer and is blocking other bids.
There's a reason why I never deal with auction sites.
Depends on you feedback rating. I do not use Gunsamerica or gunbroker though. Auctionarms exclusively for me, no offense Rick, just higher traffic.
perhaps it is because i have a "nr" after my name, as in "no rating". however, i have bought at least one shotgun off gunbroker, and one rifle that i can recall, and everything went smoothly. no big deal. lots of guns out there for sale. thanks for the responses.
When the auction is initiated, the seller is given the opportunity to limit bidding to those with previous purchases. They can also block bidders if desired. I never blocked those with no history, because I saw no advantage to do so.
I've not bought a lot of guns on Gunbroker, but I've discovered a few sellers who are very honest and professional in their dealings and I make it a point to check in on their offerings when I'm looking for something.

I will admit that there's a huge number of people who use Gunbroker and the other auction sites to just to see if they can scoop totally unreasonable prices for their guns.

You have to wade through them to find the bargains,...but there's bargains to be had on the auction sites.

As for someone blocking my bids,...it's never happened to me, but if it did, I'd leave some very negative feedback on them.
The "Block This Bidder" button is in a vulnerable position on the Seller page, to the right of the winning Bidder. The seller may have made an error.
I recently won a BUY NOW auction. The Seller hit the wrong button, re-listed the auction, and sold my item again... TWICE. Stuff happens.
Haven't been blocked on Gunbroker, but was blocked a couple of times on Fleabay because I didn't have a ripoffpal account. That was a condition the seller placed on his listings.
Don't know why on GB, but probable your NR rating because previous feedbacks were not left for you.
I always try to leave good feedback for a good seller, and hope they will do the same for me.

Myron

edit: my comment was intended for hotsoup, not Bristoe.
I've never had a problem, either buying or selling, on Gunbroker so I continue to use it.

On eBay, if I find something that I want to bid on, I contact the seller first and ask if a U.S. Postal money order will suffice as payment. Generally they will agree to this form of payment.

I refuse to sign up for Pay Pal.
I have bought several guns on gunbroker with no issues. To me..doesn't make much sense.. Could be an error.
Not sure I understand this Gunbroker has way more "inventory" so my belief is there's way more activity on GB. I have bought a number firearms on GB and sold a few as well. Excellent experience.

I personally had a bad experience on AuctionArms where the owner interjected himself into the situation and defended a seller that is a friend of his and had seriously misrepresented an item. No business of mine going there anymore.

I would guess the seller is a bit anal. No reason to write off the entire sight because of 1 seller.
On my first and only gunbroker adventure, I lost $300.00 to an unscrupulous dealer. Never again. mad
I've bought several rifles on GB and have had a perfect outcome every time.

I also happily use and recommend Paypal. Never anything but great convenience and secure transactions. I think everybody should use it but that's just my preference.
Originally Posted by nsaqam

I also happily use and recommend Paypal. Never anything but great convenience and secure transactions. I think everybody should use it but that's just my preference.

wait till they tell you,"yes your right...but you have to pay anyway."

Why anybody that supports the 2nd amendment would work with Paypal/eBay eludes me. Haven't done a single deal on fleabay since they required Paypal, and never will until they change their rules regarding firearms/ammunition/magazines/etc.

Guess supporting the 2nd amendment is all right for a lot of folks just so long as it doesn't inconvenience them.
Calhoun, I don't base every decision in my life around a single issue.
Feel free to do so if you please but I'm perfectly happy with my choices.

Ebay and Paypal has never taken a single round of ammunition or a single firearm from me and I don't expect either of them to do so in the future.

Enjoy using the dysfunctional but gun friendly Gpal!
nsagam -
You are welcome to use Ripoffpal if you choose, but losing $140.00 in a ripoff deal was enough for me. They were NO help in resolving it.

Myron
TLEE

Why not GunsAmerica? It is the only one that I do use. I am not in to auctions. I would rather bargain. I will not use PayPal. I have a CC. I did use a POMO, until they lost the letter, and I was out the price again for 60 days. Now I try to talk the seller into taking a personal check and wait for delivery until it clears.

George
...Enjoy using the dysfunctional but gun friendly Gpal!

Is GunPal even still in business? Last I heard they were having some serious problems making payments with other peoples' money.
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
...Enjoy using the dysfunctional but gun friendly Gpal!

Is GunPal even still in business? Last I heard they were having some serious problems making payments with other peoples' money.

I'm not sure but I've heard the same reports.

They won't get any of my business even though I do (did?) have an account with them.
More over priced than gun shows not going there.
Enjoy using the dysfunctional but gun friendly Gpal!

Why would you think I had to use gpal? Would have used them if I needed to, but so far everybody but fleaBay allows buyers to use money orders.

And don't worry, lots of folks don't bother to support the 2nd Amendment in any meaningful way . It's America, you have to right to support any anti-firearm company you like.
Sure happy I'm American!
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE

Only if you buy the overpriced stuff.

Paid $399 for a T3, $430 for a mint LH M77 MkII with a Burris Fullfield scope, and $440 for a 99EG I sold locally for $560.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I've not bought a lot of guns on Gunbroker, but I've discovered a few sellers who are very honest and professional in their dealings and I make it a point to check in on their offerings when I'm looking for something.

I will admit that there's a huge number of people who use Gunbroker and the other auction sites to just to see if they can scoop totally unreasonable prices for their guns.

You have to wade through them to find the bargains,...but there's bargains to be had on the auction sites.

As for someone blocking my bids,...it's never happened to me, but if it did, I'd leave some very negative feedback on them.
Ditto..

It also might be that the seller has had at least one (maybe more) very bad experiences with non-rated buyers (non-paying??) and just decided they're not worth his trouble/time...

On the other side, I won't bid on any item offered by a non-rated seller.. Someone else can take a chance - I won't..

Paypal sucks dog testicles.

I let my wife sell something on my account on Ebay. Some dumb bitch out in Washington wins the auction and pays. Paypal doesn't release funds though (even though my paypal account is like 7 years old and perfect record) until the buyer get's around to giving feedback or so many days after certified delivery.

Dumb bitch isn't home when USPS tries to deliver and doesn't respond to USPS delivery notes. Paypal doesn't give a shyt that the stupid c@nt is too busy eating twinkies and watching Oprah, to go to the post office to pick it up.

Took a month to get our money. Paypal can suck my balls.

Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE

Only if you buy the overpriced stuff.

Paid $399 for a T3, $430 for a mint LH M77 MkII with a Burris Fullfield scope, and $440 for a 99EG I sold locally for $560.

True.. Work at the online auctions hard enough and you'll find some screaming deals for folks who don't know what they have. 99% of stuff is overpriced, but just once in a while you'll do very well.
How? You can't leave feedback unless you win the itme and you can't win the item if your bids are blocked.
Ebay and Paypal has never taken a single round of ammunition or a single firearm from me and I don't expect either of them to do so in the future.
If you use paypal for firearm/ammo purchases, they will close your account and never allow you to open another one. And it won't matter if you authorized someone to pay you with paypal. If they have a chance to freeze your account and steal your money at the same time, they will do that too. Ebay and paypal are firearms Nazi's. If you like dealing with those who contest and attempt to deny your fundamental rights, have at it. I detest them both.
Originally Posted by croldfort
TLEE

Why not GunsAmerica? It is the only one that I do use. I am not in to auctions. I would rather bargain. I will not use PayPal. I have a CC. I did use a POMO, until they lost the letter, and I was out the price again for 60 days. Now I try to talk the seller into taking a personal check and wait for delivery until it clears.

George

Guns America is an over priced flea market IMHO and although there is a lot of members at gunbroker I don't seem to see the actual buying traffic, my offerings rarely last more than a week on AA unless it is very pricey or exotic. I sell on AA right now for myself and another shop and did for a third one till the owner retired. I will be picking up a third in a couple of months again once they get all set up.

My thoughts are based purely on results, not numbers of members.
There is one slightly more cynical reason for being blocked: your high bid was a lot less than the seller wanted to sell for, so he has a friend make a fake bid and blocks you from bidding again. A short while after the friend "wins", the seller re-lists the item.

I have sold a few items on Auction Arms, and am happy (even though their website is a nightmare to negotiate).

I accept Paypal for my books because it's about the only way to sell books through Amazon or B&N now that I no longer accept credit cards. I hate the need to do so, given their tactics, but that's the way it is.

One warning to all: Money orders and certified checks are now utterly unsafe to accept. Scammers send a fraudulent MO or check. You deposit it and ship the article. Two weeks later, the bank discovers the MO/CC was a fake and dings your account for the total. You are out the money AND the item.
I only take USPS money orders and cash them at the P. O. before I ship.
Let me add, stay away from G-pal (formerly Gunpal), it took me 80 days to get me funds from a scope that I sold here. You will get nothing but excuses and delays in why your funds have not been transferred to you account.

© 24hourcampfire