Home
Posted By: tagabuck Solo Hunter now - 09/11/10
Dear Ex hunting partners-
1. BT- Thanks for using me for a job under the presumption of us hunting together. Once you moved past my shop, you found a fiancee who did not want to share time with your friends, so I was out. Glad to hear she dumped your punk a**, from what I heard in the tent that night she must have wanted someone who could last longer than a short beer in a chilean mine. 5 years of my life you took.
2. VJ- Your the pinnacle of ahole, best friends since high school, spend holidays with me and the best man at my wedding. Quarter of a century we spent in the woods. I looked past the fact you couldn't kill a deer with 1974 Dodge van, and couldn't get laid in a morgue. Still stood by you through it all, losing family time with my wife and young son just so you wouldn't be by yourself. Then at 40, you find the one woman at church that would qualify for an episode of "MysteryQuest", let her dictate who you can hang with without ever meeting me, and call it quits between us because in your words, "all we do is hunt together". Piss on you and your spawn of Sasquatch wife. You've all taken time away from the sweetest woman in the world, my wife who has watched this all go down and not said a word. I will hunt, by myself, for the rest of my days. Because of you, you ****head bast**ds. I never thought I'd be all alone, but I'd rather it be this way then give it up to spend my weekends garage sailing. At least I'm man enough to wash down a pork hock with a cold beer for breakfast before I spend 14 hours in a sleetstorm in the name of deerhunting. I've seen bigger balls on a kitten then you two could put together between you. I'm through missing you, piss on the past. I'll be happier hunting my way now, long live the solo hunt. (to all you good folks here at the fire, sorry for the rant. But it was time.)
Posted By: Pugs Re: Solo Hunter now - 09/11/10
Originally Posted by tagabuck
To all you good folks here at the fire, sorry for the rant. But it was time.

No problem, that's what we're here for. Well, that and the sniper rifle thread. grin

FYI. I hunt with my family and a very few people I have met here. If you asked me 20 years ago if I would have hunting buddies I had met internet I would have two questions (1) What's the internet and (2) You mean I could meet people that I would have never met by casual contact that I share a heck of a lot in common with that I enjoy every day with?

BTW 5 days until squirrel season.
Posted By: shameless Re: Solo Hunter now - 09/11/10
You do know that Bob Dylan did a good song about those guys,right?
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Solo Hunter now - 09/11/10
i prefer hunting alone
Posted By: hamr56 Re: Solo Hunter now - 09/11/10
^Couldnt agree more!
Posted By: Bigbuck215 Re: Solo Hunter now - 09/11/10
Re-play of brokenback mountain?
Posted By: SoTexasH Re: Solo Hunter now - 09/11/10
Your right ..that guy needs to grow a pair. Hey he is desperate enough to let himself be pussy whipped. Wonder if she now has him wearing ladies underwear too?
Posted By: Adkstalker Re: Solo Hunter now - 09/11/10
at least you're not bitter....
Posted By: Cigar Re: Solo Hunter now - 09/11/10
Wow...If I can I hunt alone and don't expect anything from anyone... I have good friends that I hunt with.. AND I am a good friend to them... I don't expect anything at all...
Posted By: ironeagle_84 Re: Solo Hunter now - 09/11/10
Originally Posted by stxhunter
i prefer hunting alone

me too until i have to drag a bear out 2 miles alone...

that sucked...
Posted By: Riverhawk Re: Solo Hunter now - 09/11/10
Originally Posted by stxhunter
i prefer hunting alone

+1....except when it's time to pack'em out smile
Posted By: dhershberger Re: Solo Hunter now - 09/11/10
I invited a friend (who purchased an out of state tag) my first year of elk hunting and he bailed the week before the season opened. The second year, I invited my father-in law. He bailed when it was time to buy tags. I have sworn off asking people to go. Told the wife "never again".

I will only depend on and worry about myself from now on. Less hassle.

I don't blame you for dumping those slack ass bastards.
Posted By: maddog Re: Solo Hunter now - 09/11/10
Ecept for dove hunting, and the occasional hunt with my son, I almost always hunt alone.

maddog
Posted By: Pete E Re: Solo Hunter now - 09/11/10
Originally Posted by tagabuck
Dear Ex hunting partners-
1. BT- Thanks for using me for a job under the presumption of us hunting together. Once you moved past my shop, you found a fiancee who did not want to share time with your friends, so I was out. Glad to hear she dumped your punk a**, from what I heard in the tent that night she must have wanted someone who could last longer than a short beer in a chilean mine. 5 years of my life you took.
2. VJ- Your the pinnacle of ahole, best friends since high school, spend holidays with me and the best man at my wedding. Quarter of a century we spent in the woods. I looked past the fact you couldn't kill a deer with 1974 Dodge van, and couldn't get laid in a morgue. Still stood by you through it all, losing family time with my wife and young son just so you wouldn't be by yourself. Then at 40, you find the one woman at church that would qualify for an episode of "MysteryQuest", let her dictate who you can hang with without ever meeting me, and call it quits between us because in your words, "all we do is hunt together". Piss on you and your spawn of Sasquatch wife. You've all taken time away from the sweetest woman in the world, my wife who has watched this all go down and not said a word. I will hunt, by myself, for the rest of my days. Because of you, you ****head bast**ds. I never thought I'd be all alone, but I'd rather it be this way then give it up to spend my weekends garage sailing. At least I'm man enough to wash down a pork hock with a cold beer for breakfast before I spend 14 hours in a sleetstorm in the name of deerhunting. I've seen bigger balls on a kitten then you two could put together between you. I'm through missing you, piss on the past. I'll be happier hunting my way now, long live the solo hunt. (to all you good folks here at the fire, sorry for the rant. But it was time.)

Want cheese with that whine????
Posted By: VAnimrod Re: Solo Hunter now - 09/11/10
Interesting how the whine harps more on the sexual activities and proclivities of the "partners" than hunting.

Telling?
Posted By: Middlefork_Miner Re: Solo Hunter now - 09/11/10
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Interesting how the whine harps more on the sexual activities and proclivities of the "partners" than hunting.

Telling?

Especially with that avatar he's sportin...
Posted By: sgt217 Re: Solo Hunter now - 09/11/10
Well, it is Minnesota....
Posted By: tagabuck Re: Solo Hunter now - 09/11/10
Yeah,
I whined. Sorry about that.
Posted By: rrroae Re: Solo Hunter now - 09/11/10
Don't worry about it man. You feel betrayed by those who were suppose to stick beside you as you did to them. I would expect some folks not to understand but for those of us who have lost a close hunting partner because they found 'greener pastures', we're right there with you.

Let it out and move on.
Posted By: rrroae Re: Solo Hunter now - 09/11/10
Some folks live to hunt and some folks hunt as a pastime. Some of us get so excited about the opening of hunting seasons, we can't sleep and when we do we have dreams of antlers running thru the woods. Other folks dream of money and easy women. Some of us buy homes strategically situated for hunting. Others buy homes in suburbs with pedicured lawns to impress their neighbors. Some folks go hunting as an excuse to drink and raise hell. Some folks drink and raise hell because they're excited about hunting and the comradery of those special times of the year.

Soon enough, you find where you stand as well as those you hunt with.
Posted By: noduck Re: Solo Hunter now - 09/11/10
Tagabuck, been down the very same road as well.. Sucks .. I now choose very carefully who i want to go hunting with..
Posted By: Colo_Wolf Re: Solo Hunter now - 09/11/10
I have few friends and fewer hunting partners, but I do have many acquaintances.
Posted By: TomT Re: Solo Hunter now - 09/11/10
Wow! So sorry to hear of your "hunting tale of woe". You make me feel very appreciative of my brother and 3 hunting buddies. We all get along, respect each others opinions, have laughs, and look forward to deer season all year long. I can't say I ever remember having a fight, or animosity. I guess I'm luckier than I thought. -TomT
Posted By: Dan_Chamberlain Re: Solo Hunter now - 09/11/10
What's wrong with a sasquatch wife?

Dan
Posted By: lodgepole Re: Solo Hunter now - 09/11/10
This is one of the strangest threads I've ever seen on The Campfire.
Posted By: Bulletbutt Re: Solo Hunter now - 09/11/10
tagabuck; Well, now you've shed yourself of some unwanted baggage, so move on to better things. I lost my longest and best partner because his wife convinced him that hanging out in taverns was more important than hunting season, and that I took hunting "too serious". It hurt me, but fifteen years later he hadn't killed another elk, either.
His loss, my gain. I can hunt alone anytime---always could and did, alot---but I do have a great newish partner now. He's not perfect (neither am I), but he's alot of fun and a good person to spend time with.
So my advice is to just move forward, take things as they come, and don't be at all upset if you hunt alone.
Posted By: bearmgc Re: Solo Hunter now - 09/11/10
Tagabuck, been there, been through it, glad its gone. Your old hunting buddy sounds destined for a life of hell and boredom.
Wish him the best and move on. Remember, you still got a life, unlike him.
Posted By: Otter Re: Solo Hunter now - 09/11/10
Originally Posted by Colo_Wolf
I have few friends and fewer hunting partners, but I do have many acquaintances.

+1 . . . figgered out a long time ago that I was the only one I could depend on . . . and that isn't even 100% of the time grin.
Posted By: gotlost Re: Solo Hunter now - 09/11/10
Let see, my son Died, best hunting partner moved to Tenn. my Father and Father inlaw are getting up in years but I met a whole bunch of crazy people just like me this June from the CF. Life and Hunting will go on.
Posted By: crittergetter Re: Solo Hunter now - 09/11/10
I've been a loner most of my life and like it that way.My wife says we don't have many friends because of my attitude.I have 2 friends that I can really rely on and that's more than enough.My idea is if you like me fine,if you don't -uck you,I don't have the time to waste on you.Skeeter
Posted By: Big_Papa Re: Solo Hunter now - 09/11/10
The only people I hunt with is my son and his best friend,realy don't trust anyone else I only have one real friend has been for the last 40 years. I'm lucky thay are all here at the fire.
© 24hourcampfire