Home
"Fooseball is the devil Bobby!!" (water boy's mama) grin

I think I'll cook up a big batch of super messy hot wings.

Who got a fav recipe? I've been using the franks red hot recipe (off the bottle label)

Vikings & Jets, Brett & Randy.

Should be interesting.
Any word on whether Brett is going to play with it in or out?

There was a small college near here that back in the late sixties had a running back named Bernie Peters. He was one of the first that I remember to have hair hanging out the back of his helmet. He was injured and the campus paper was going to run a headline that said, "Team to Play without Peters". The advisor nixed this, but failed to check before the replacement headline, which read "Team to Play with Peters Out", was run.
Green tortilla chips, served with melted cheddar, wash it down with enough Pabst, or Old Milwaukee, and you can eat the wings raw - with no complaint
The WSJ called tonight's game the "Hyperbole Bowl." How apt.

Think I'll watch Discovery Channel, or something ...
Is it just me or have the Jets only played primetime games this year?
You can watch discovery & eat hot wings too, that would be awesome.

We bring these wings to parties and people always ask us to make to make them again.

Frozen wings. We buy the big bags. I can't remember if they are five or 10 lb. bags. I think this recipe will make enough sauce for 2 cookie trays full of wings.
1 1/2 bottles (17 oz. bottles) Frank's Lou. Hot Sauce
1 stick butter, melted
1/2 package Good Seasons Italian dressing mix
Ketchup

- Spread wings on a cookie sheet and bake at 400 deg. for 60 min.

- Drain off liquid

- Mix hot sauce with butter, Good Seasons, and two squirts of ketchup. Pour over wings.

- Cook about 2 hours longer @ 400 deg.

dang, now i'm hoongree!!
Dave,

I think you should hook up with sse right about now, he might be able to help you with wings:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth..._Haven_t_Grilled_a_Batch_of_#Post4492784

Lynn
I saw that, looks good but I cant par broil. It just seems so wrong. grin

Like cooking with margerine or something ... whistle

Originally Posted by northern_dave
I saw that, looks good but I cant par broil. It just seems so wrong. grin

Like cooking with margerine or something ... whistle

grin grin
wash it down with enough Pabst, or Old Milwaukee, and you can eat the wings raw - with no complaint

Is that because the "beer" will have it squirting out of you before the salmonella can take hold?

Vikings & Jets, Brett & Randy.

Should be interesting.

Don't forget brett & Jenn. grin
I usually just go to Hooters when I need some hot wings. wink
Originally Posted by Mako25
Green tortilla chips, served with melted cheddar, wash it down with enough Pabst, or Old Milwaukee,
Queens fans rarely (except for tzone and ND) guzzle anything but Grain Belt during da game... I suspect the GB delivery trucks will be runnin' overtime today..

Hopefully, them wings you're cookin' up will turn out to be CROW..

laugh laugh laugh
I'm going to pick up some of that nasty grain belt just for you tonight Redneck grin
I'm going to pick up some of that nasty grain belt just for you tonight Redneck grin
Nasty is SO true... Ewww... I'm not sure we even have that swill available for sale around town.. I think Donna has more class (Liquor Haus).. But maybe she keeps a few cases around for the Mudducks travelin' through on Hy 63.. laugh laugh
Yeah, I'm interested to see how Favre and Moss work together. Maybe Randy can snag some of those would-be interceptions shocked
Damnit you boys... I had to run to town to pick up some hot wings and beer. While I was there since I'm grillin the good stuff tonight, rings, tortilla chips, and nacho cheese also found their way into my cart. smile
Originally Posted by tzone
Damnit you boys... I had to run to town to pick up some hot wings and beer. While I was there since I'm grillin the good stuff tonight, rings, tortilla chips, and nacho cheese also found their way into my cart. smile
I promise I won't show your post to my wife - or she'll be there at your door wiping the drool from her mouth.. laugh
hmmmm, did you say nacho cheese????

might have to go back into town myself grin
come on over.
Can Brett stay up that late?

Can he stay up that long?

Sorry..
The Minnesota circus, is off Broadway!
Yep, the freak show is on the road tonight lol!!

ok guys, I got 1 pan of "wingys" and one pan of regular ole shicken legs in the oven. I mixed some Tex joy seasoning that Pat sent me (Thanks again Pat!! grin) and some old bay. I coated the meat in a zip lock back with my dry seasoning mix and I have it all on flats in the oven baking at 400 degrees.

Figured I'd bake then I'll dip in a franks red hot/butter sauce & bake again to kind of get that sauce coating to hang on better. Probably coat em twice & brush a 3rd coat on.

I'll do some of the regular legs with regular ole boring bbq sauce. (not everybody likes hot here, we got chillins)

Frank's isn't exactly what I'd call hot.
well, these kids think ketchup is a little "spicy" so...

grin
I keep forgetting you live on the other end of the Mississippi.

Frank's is milder than Crystal, and around here Crystal is safe for little old ladies and nursing children. laugh
Hey buddy.... do I sure miss my Noth Dakota College/ football days... Bud Grant Foreman, and a cloud of dust!!!
Yeah I'm north of where that little river starts.

grin
Dang wings are smellin good. Got an hour before kickoff too!!

Might have to eat early.
Nothing wrong with Grain Belt as long as it comes in a Hamms can. wink Enjoy your wings and beer.
Dave... We've been through this before... Where's the beer man... I'm getting nervous...WHERE'S THE BEER!!!!
Originally Posted by Southerntier8

1 1/2 bottles (17 oz. bottles) Frank's Louisiana Hot Sauce

this is some wonderful stuff- I have a nice little recipe for sautee'd walleye cheeks using Frank's....
Originally Posted by levrluvr

this is some wonderful stuff- I have a nice little recipe for sautee'd walleye cheeks using Frank's....

Now yer talkin' my language. smile
Weather delays for foul weather, Moss callin' in a therapist for Favre's elbow, Favre's elbow hurtin', but who would notice, after all he delivered a teary-eyed apology to the team a short while ago for the distraction this week, but he did promise to play lights out!

Yeah, I'm ready for the football.

Good greif, pass me one of those wings wouldja?
Om-Nom-Nom-Nom-Nommm!!

grin

wooooooweee! now I'm thirsty!! Glug-glug-glug.... buuuuurp!!

grin
Originally Posted by levrluvr

Frank's and butter is the base of the sauce for the original Buffalo wings made at the Anchor Bar on Main St. in Buffalo. I went there a few times while I lived in Buffalo. More often I went to a little place outside of town named Rooties. I actually liked the wings there better. The owner was a little strange, always had a tan, always wore a sweater with the sweater tucked in to his pants. One day, way back when the Bills were in one of their superbowl years my wife was watching Regis and Kathy Lee and they have the guy on, making wings. My wife wrote his recipe down and it was the real deal, just like at the restaurant. Haven't made it in years because we don't have a deep fryer any more. I've been looking all over but I can't find that recipe. Dang!

That Walleye sounds good!
Ha, ha, ha! grin

No Minnesota address? - starve, and thirst buddy!
love it!

lookin' forward to it (the game).

Am I missing something? All these big bad football players scared of playing in the rain because there is lightning in the AREA?

What a bunch of pussycats. If it is so dangerous why don't they evacuate the stadium?
© 24hourcampfire