Home
My 16 year old son shooting free hand with an old Mossberg target rifle at a 10" steel plate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cedaLaXuqho

NICE!
Cool.
That'll work.
Wait a minute, that can't be. I ready here somewhere that a .22lr was never designed to shoot beyond 50 yards or something like that.

Better talk to that kid and set him straight...
50 yards is the flat trajectory. 1.5 miles is the range. There's quite a huge area in between you know. wink Kudos at getting the kid out shooting. My max range for my .22 was a 4" target at 75 yards.
No chit ya little perverted turd. Comment was in response to someone elses post here a while back regarding effective range of the .22lr.

Now go sniff your crappy diapers, or whatever it is you freaks do...

Don't understand why you're here.
I thought he was nuts to even try and it did take him some time to get the range. He can ring that plate off a rest every time. Free hand he is about 50%. The bad part is that I can't do it yet. Oh well, I guess that I'll have to stick with the scope.
At my age optics are the only way at anything over fifty yards. At fifty and under I am good to go with a peep.
Nice!

I have one of those old Mossberg target rifle too, a 46b with No 4 peep site. It's one of my favorite rifles to shoot and I won't ever sell it. I bought it from a friend back in my high school days for $25 smile
© 24hourcampfire