Home
Posted By: JefeMojado Seems like Texas benefits? - 11/19/10
Interesting article, some tex-mex food for thought?

"The Texan economy would have been almost $18 billion poorer in the last fiscal year without illegal immigrants who added to state coffers but were a drain on local government, says a report by the state comptroller.

The report � billed as the first detailed look by a state at the impact of undocumented immigrants on its budget � is likely to stir further debate on the emotional issue of illegal immigration in the United States.

The Pew Hispanic Center estimates that the United States had 11.1 million undocumented immigrants in 2005. Of these it said Texas accounted for between 1.4 million and 1.6 million.

Many Americans say illegal aliens � mostly from Mexico � take jobs from locals, depress wages and commit crimes. But many businesses say they fill a much needed gap in the labor market.

�The absence of the estimated 1.4 million undocumented immigrants in Texas in fiscal 2005 would have been a loss to our gross state product of $17.7 billion,� said Texas Comptroller Carole Keeton Strayhorn"
Take your troll ass somewhere else!!!
Fishing boys... Don't give this dickhead any pleasure...
Posted By: 700LH Re: Seems like Texas benefits? - 11/19/10
gone
Dude...
It's merely information Barf; do with it what you like, ponder,deny or ignore....it's just information.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Seems like Texas benefits? - 11/19/10
Still being the jerk I see..........
Jeezus christ; I cut-N-paste a legitimate article to give food for thought, and this is what I get? cretins

Our comptroller is Susan Coombs. FYI Bob
Originally Posted by JefeMojado
Jeezus christ; I cut-N-paste a legitimate article to give food for thought, and this is what I get? cretins

You still here? You have no credibility jerk.
jefe you have shown your true self.............
Ya think? hell, I have as much credibility as any other cut-N-paster on this forum!
Fishing boys.... Fishing...

LOL!

Troll food don't quite equate to food for thought. Duh.

And your definition of legitimacy probably differs greatly from reality...

But I gotta admit I lauged out loud at the "cretins" part.

�The absence of the estimated 1.4 million undocumented immigrants in Texas in fiscal 2005 would have been a loss to our gross state product of $17.7 billion,� said Texas Comptroller Carole Keeton Strayhorn"

That's absolute horseshit. An AMERICAN would have filled each and every one of those jobs. Plus, his taxes paid would probably have increased that "income" for the State of Texas because he's probably in a higher taxing bracket.... being an AMERICAN and all.... And to top it off, NONE of his after-taxes money would have crossed the border to be used paying coyotes to bring the remainder of his family across the Rio Grande.

Originally Posted by BrotherBart
Fishing boys.... Fishing...

Yeah , but he is using live bait . The truth is - and you oughta know it - is that there is no "win-win" solution to the border problem .

If the solution was as simple as :

1. Build a fence

2. Send troops to the border

3. Everybody grab a rifle and shoot a meskin .

the problem would have been solved long ago .

Juan and Maria coming over to pick lettuce present one set of problems and call for different solutions .

Drugs being smuggled across present another set of problems .

The "cartel wars" are a whole other story and the one requiring the most immediate attention .

Some folks seem to forget that there are FOUR states bordering Mexico, and a Federal ,"one size fits all",solution ain't gonna work .

The "bracero" program in the 'fifties worked pretty good for rural Texans , but given the PC prevelant today , the OTM's [ other than mexican]-namely the muzzies - could exploit it .For instance , one raghead creates a job for another raghead and the one coming in just happens to be a bosom pal of UBL .

Ain't no easy solution.
It's merely information Barf; do with it what you like, ponder,deny or ignore....it's just information.
He can do with it what he'd like? Just guessin', I'd say he'd like to shove it up your commie asss and then maybe light it on fire.

No offense intended, obviously. Just sayin'...
Yeah...but you're overlooking the fact that they SHOP-LIFTED 35.8 BILLION $$$$$!!!!

Take ya ass back to Mexico!!
Posted By: T LEE Re: Seems like Texas benefits? - 11/19/10
The only thing anybody here needs to see of this jerk is what I see.

*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post
Im crushed Lee! oooops posts such cut-N-paste articles daily, and none of you pooh hoo his posting? whats up with that?
Good idea T Lee, done

What an amazing resource to the website, he finds controversial articles with no real answer, and posts them for us.

Thanks looser
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Seems like Texas benefits? - 11/19/10
Ya think? hell, I have as much credibility as any other cut-N-paster on this forum!

Let's see the link to that article.
No controversy associated with the article, merely a fact, leaving open a discussion for answers. Your mindless post only took up valuable bandwidth.
Guess you ignored Bristoe's request for a citation. You're a dickweasel.
No controversy associated with the article, merely a fact,

It's not necessarily a fact.

It's just an article.

Here's a fact,...70%+ Americans are against illegal immigration.
The other 30% are fuggin' idiots.
Is it so hard to put up a link? Is there more to that story you don't want people to see?
Everyone, Put JeffryJacass on ignore, it'll get his dander up, but make him a UBB buddy 1st. wink
It's not necessarily a fact.

It's just a statement.

Here's a fact; 80% of people who have been involved in an auto accident, had sexual intercourse with-in the last 30 days prior to the accident.
Here's a fact; 80% of people who have been involved in an auto accident, had sexual intercourse with-in the last 30 days prior to the accident.

,...and they were t-boned by a drunk illegal.
Sphincter say what? this is all I see.

Originally Posted by Kamerad_Les
Sphincter say what? this is all I see.

Sphincter say he doesn't get laid very often.
Well old Jeff Modo is coming up on his 400th post. Anyone throwing him a party?

When I hear BS like that from the modo-mouth I have to wonder how in the name of God, did America EVER make it this far without the Mexicans?
Wonder all you like gringo; we made it a thousand years in the southwest(california-arizona-new mexico-texas) before your sorry white azzes ever washed up at Plymoth Rock.
Posted By: krp Re: Seems like Texas benefits? - 11/20/10
Who's we, you have Hohokam blood in you? even the Apache wasn't here a thousand years ago, let alone a Spaniard raping an Aztec... but that wasn't in the southwest either.

Not meaning to correct or bitch or bellow for the ankle bitters...

Kent
Seri, yaqui and other Indians lived in what is now Mexico long before the apaches, they are a relative "modern" indian. Most meskins have some form of Indian blood in them, sans the pure strained spainards...so yeah, we was here amigo, just under a different name:)
Not in the southwest a thousand years ago, I don't believe Texans consider themselves 'southwestern'. Anyway the indians of the southwest here in what is now the southwestern states weren't those.

Kent
Yep, Yaquis lived in and around the Yaqui river, and up to the gila river as far back as 552AD, I might have to take off my cheap lizard skin meskin boots to count that high, but that would be a tad over 1K years?...porque horita amigo?
Wonder all you like gringo; we made it a thousand years in the southwest(california-arizona-new mexico-texas) before your sorry white azzes ever washed up at Plymoth Rock.

I suppose we did wash upon Plymouth Rock way back when your people were living in the stone age. While we had progressed by leaps and bounds past you with our boats,guns etc. Actually,you didn't get much past the stone age til the late 1890's. Yes sir, you got tons of heritage to be shootin' your mouth off about. My apologies to the actual Indians I have had the pleasure of knowing,the ones that didn't sound like asses shooting their mouth off TRYING to look superior.
You fired the first shot amigo, just like a [bleep] gringo, shoot their mouth off first, then wonder why a meskin puts a boot in their azz:)
The Yaqui river is in Mexico down by Obregon, the Yaquis didn't come here until Diaz pushed them in Az wanting total genocide. The Gilas are the ones living on the Gila river and their ruins are still here after 1000 years. The Hohokam also intermixed with the Gila down south and the Salado were in the Salt river/Tonto area. The Anasazi were from Colorado and moved into Northern Az running from marauders. The Pima and Zuni of today may be their descendants. The Yaqui are a Mexico indian from Sonora.

Kent
Whew....try to be just a bit proud of one heritage, and this is what ya get in a PM......I sure love my gringo brethern:)
Of course....I could have guessed it was an NRA life member:)

Your problem is you were born a low life mexican and you feel cheated because of it. Your ancestors didn't count for chit, your descendants won't, and you don't either.
Eat chit and die beaner [bleep].

Kent; I don't make this stuff up amigo, it's fact, I can't choose to make it right or wrong...it just is. Im not argueing the point, just making note of it? Correct about the Yaqui river, but the Gila river is in central arizona, at least the last time I was thru there:)

The Yaquis were well accustomed to the many parts of North America. By 552 AD, Yaquis were living in family groups along the Yaqui River (Yoem Vatwe) north to the Gila River, where they gathered wild desert foods, hunted game and cultivated corn, beans, and squash. Yaquis traded native foods, furs, shells, salt, and other goods with many indigenous groups of central North America. Among these groups are the Shoshone, the Comanche, the Pueblos, the Pimas, the Aztecs, and the Toltec. Yaquis roamed extensively in pre-Columbian times and sometimes settled among other native groups like the Zunis
The question is, is your heritage proud of you... you don't have to embellish it by making up stuff. This Aztlan position of southwestern preoccupation is tiresome. There were no settlements until the Baca land grants from Europe, and Mexico only annexed it in the 1800s, never settling it, or asking the Indians here if they agreed. Then sold it a few years later to the USA.

My native american blood runs in my veins the same as anyone else. I'm proud of it but make no claims other than I'm an American... and proud of that.

Kent
We are on the same page amigo, Im as american as you, just making the point to the fella who jumped my azz about how the US ever got along without us meskins....like I said, he fired the first shot, I just sidestepped it, and put one thru his big azz:)

The Yaquis were well accustomed to the many parts of North America. By 552 AD, Yaquis were living in family groups along the Yaqui River (Yoem Vatwe) north to the Gila River, where they gathered wild desert foods, hunted game and cultivated corn, beans, and squash. Yaquis traded native foods, furs, shells, salt, and other goods with many indigenous groups of central North America. Among these groups are the Shoshone, the Comanche, the Pueblos, the Pimas, the Aztecs, and the Toltec. Yaquis roamed extensively in pre-Columbian times and sometimes settled among other native groups like the Zunis

Who cares!

The only important FACT is that now there is a border across the desert known as the US/Mexico border.

Nothing else matters. So get back on your own side. Unless you're here legally, of course. But your screen name suggests otherwise.

We are on the same page amigo, Im as american as you, j

No you aren't.
He doesn't call himself a wetback.
Im a third generation Arizonan, figure I'll stick to this side of the border.
Gilas lived on the Gila, not Yaqui. Trade routes through the mountains all the way to Baja and even the pacific were well traveled at the peak of the growers civilization. The old time diggers found many interesting things on the ruins in central Az, I saw a beautiful clam shell necklace that the shells could only come from the Baja or Pacific.

I have an area that I hunt, above the Verde river and before the Salt river. Kinda a no mans land between the huge civilized ruins of the Hohokam here in the valley and the Salados in Tonto. There is a ridge that runs from the Verde all the way to Four Peaks. Miles from either river there are travel ruins spaced out on that route, you can see the logic of the trade path and having way stops at these locations. I'm the only one that notice them, I searched and found pottery shards to confirm my suspicions.

Yaquis may have traded but are not a southwestern indian of note with history here.

Kent
Did you read the quote Kent, the Yaquis lived up to and around the Gila river in 552AD, the paper said nothing of the Gilas, it stated Yaquis, maybe a quick review of the quote.

Approximated gross Texas state product 2005: 1.1 trillion dollars or...

$1,100,000,000,000.

Approximate amount of gross state product generated by illegal labor 17.7 billion...

$17,700,000,000

...or less than 2% of the whole state product.

OK, as others have pointed out, how much do they cost us in public sevices and lost tax revenue?

And how many of those jobs would have been filled by Americans?

Birdwatcher
You would have to give me a link so I can read it in context. Not a slam on you but Archeologists have a way of writing history the way they want. I have never heard of Yaquis being an Az indian and I have researched this subject as far as Az my entire life. I'm not googling anything, just going off what I've learned from many sources.

I can tell what kind of indian they were by the ruin. Gilas were distinct from Hohokam in that they used layed out ruins (rock) but cremated like Hohokam. Hohokam used an adobe type of building, all dirt and mud, but they were like Aztecs a little in that they had big ball fields they played in... very civilized and huge ruins, extensive irrigation canals we still use today in my city. Salado were much like Anasazi, Rock buildings and regular dug burials, probably their descendants, though they were close to the Hohokam in location, they were far apart in culture. All farming community cultures.

Even in our culture today we honor these people with our own culture and place names. Yaquis isn't ever discussed or named.

Need a link.

Kent
Im a third generation Arizonan, figure I'll stick to this side of the border.

Then why do you call yourself a wetback?

Seriously.

What if 20 Million Illegal Aliens Vacated America ?

I, Tina Griego, journalist for the Denver Rocky Mountain News wrote a column titled, "Mexican Visitor's Lament"- 10/25/07.

I interviewed Mexican journalist Evangelina Hernandez while visiting Denver last week. Hernandez said, "illegal aliens pay rent, buy groceries, buy clothes. What Happens to your country's economy if 20 million people go away?" Hummm, I thought, what would happen, so I did my due diligence, buried my nose as a reporter into the FACTS I found below.

It's a good question it deserves an honest answer. Over 80% of Americans demand secured borders and illegal migration stopped. But what would happen if all 20 million or more vacated America ? The answers I found may surprise you!

In California , if 3.5 million illegal aliens moved back to Mexico , it would leave an extra $10.2 billion to spend on overloaded school systems, bankrupt hospitals and overrun prisons. It would leave highways cleaner, safer and less congested. Everyone could understand one another as English became the dominant language again.

In Colorado , 500,000 illegal migrants, plus their 300,000 kids and grand-kids would move back 'home', mostly to Mexico . That would save Coloradans an estimated $2 billion (other experts say $7 billion) annually in taxes that pay for schooling, medical, social-services and incarceration costs. It means 12,000

gang members would vanish out of Denver alone.

Colorado would save more than $20 million in prison costs, and the terror that those 7,300 alien criminals set upon local citizens. Denver Officer Don Young and hundreds of Colorado victims would not have suffered death, accidents, rapes and other crimes by illegals.

Denver Public Schools would not suffer a 67% drop-out/flunk-out rate because of thousands of illegal alien students speaking 41 different languages. At least 200,000 vehicles would vanish from our gridlocked cities in Colorado . Denver 's 4% unemployment rate would vanish as our working poor would gain jobs at a living wage.

In Florida , 1.5 million illegals would return the Sunshine State back to America , the rule of law, and English.

In Chicago , Illinois , 2.1 million illegals would free up hospitals, schools, prisons and highways for a safer, cleaner and more crime-free experience.

If 20 million illegal aliens returned 'home', the U.S. Economy would return to the rule of law. Employers would hire legal American citizens at a living wage. Everyone would pay their fair share of taxes because they wouldn't be working off the books. That would result in an additional $401 Billion in IRS income taxes collected annually, and an equal amount for local, state and city coffers.

No more push '1' for Spanish or '2' for English. No more confusion in American schools that now must contend with over 100 languages that degrade the educational system for American kids. Our over-crowded schools would lose more than two million illegal alien kids at a cost of billions in ESL and free breakfasts and lunches.

We would lose 500,000 illegal criminal alien inmates at a cost of more than $1.6 billion annually. That includes 15,000 MS-13 gang members who distribute $130 billion in drugs annually would vacate our country.

In cities like L.A. , 20,000 members of the ' 18th Street Gang' would vanish from our nation. No more Mexican forgery gangs for ID theft from Americans! No more foreign rapists and child molesters!

Losing more than 20 million people would clear up our crowded highways and gridlock. Cleaner air and less drinking and driving American deaths by illegal aliens!

America's economy is drained. Taxpayers are harmed. Employers get rich. Over $80 billion annually wouldn't return to the aliens' home countries by cash transfers. Illegal migrants earned half that money untaxed, which further drains America 's economy which currently suffers an $8.7 trillion debt.
$8.7 trillion debt.

At least 400,000 anchor babies would not be born in our country, costing us $109 billion per year per cycle. At least 86 hospitals in California , Georgia and Florida would still be operating instead of being bankrupt out of existence because illegals pay nothing via the EMTOLA Act.

Americans wouldn't suffer thousands of TB and hepatitis cases rampant in our country-brought in by illegals unscreened at our borders.

Our cities would see 20 million less people driving, polluting and grid locking our cities. It would also put the 'progressives' on the horns of a dilemma; illegal aliens and their families cause 11% of our greenhouse gases.

Over one million of Mexico's poorest citizens now live inside and along our border from Brownsville, Texas to San Diego, California in what the New York Times called, 'colonias' or new neighborhoods. Trouble is, those living areas resemble Bombay and Calcutta where grinding poverty, filth, diseases, drugs, crimes, no sanitation and worse. They live without sewage, clean water, streets, roads, electricity, or any kind of sanitation.

The New York Times reported them to be America 's new ' Third World ' inside our own country. Within 20 years, at their current growth rate, they expect 20 million residents of those colonias. (I've seen them personally in Texas and Arizona ; it's sickening beyond anything you can imagine.)

By enforcing our laws, we could repatriate them back to Mexico We should invite 20 million aliens to go home, fix their own countries and/or make a better life in Mexico . We already invite a million people into our country legally more than all other countries combined annually. We cannot and must not allow anarchy at our borders, more anarchy within our borders and growing lawlessness at every level in our nation. It's time to stand up for our country, our culture, our civilization and our way of life.

Interesting Statistics!

Here are 14 reasons illegal aliens should vacate America, and I hope they are forwarded over and over again until they are read so many times that the reader gets sick of reading them:
1. $14 billion to $22 billion dollars are spent each year on welfare to illegal aliens.(that's Billion with a 'B') -http://tinyurl.com/zob77

2. $2.2 billion dollars are spent each year on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens. http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html

3. $7.5 billion dollars are spent each year on Medicaid for illegal aliens. http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html

4. $12 billion dollars are spent each year on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they still cannot speak a word of English! http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html

5. $27 billion dollars are spent each year for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html

6. $3 Million Dollars 'PER DAY' is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens. That's $1.2 Billion a year. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html

7. 28% percent of all federal prison inmates are illegal aliens.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html

8. $190 billion dollars are spent each year on illegal aliens for welfare & social services by the American taxpayers. - http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0610/29/ldt.01.html

9. $200 billion dollars per year in suppressed American wages are caused by the illegal aliens.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html

10. The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate that's two and a half times that of white non-illegal aliens. In particular, their children, are going to make a huge additional crime problem in the US . http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0606/12/ldt.01.html

11. During the year 2005, there were 8 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens that crossed our southern border with as many as 19,500 illegal aliens from other terrorist countries. Over 10,000 of those were middle-eastern terrorists. Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, meth, heroine, crack, Guns, and marijuana crossed into the U.S.from the southern border. http://tinyurl.com/t9sht

12. The National Policy Institute, estimates that the total cost of mass deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion, or an average cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period and nbsp; -http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute./.org/publications.php?b=deportation

13. In 2006, illegal aliens sent home $65 BILLION in remittances back to their countries of origin, to their families and friends. http://www.rense.com/general75/niht.htm

14. The dark side of illegal immigration: Nearly one million sex crimes are committed by illegal immigrants in the United States ! http://www.drdsk.com/articleshtml

Total cost a whopping $538.3 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR!
Did find your quote with google, at the top, it was rather generic. Interesting topic though.

They seem not to have left an archeological trail in the southwest, which is weird for planting cultures where groups live in areas for hundreds of years.

Here's a more indepth study,

http://www.questia.com/googleScholar.qst;jsessionid=454B4CC4FCF559EE4040978D8FE941D3.inst3_2b?docId=5002537802

The Yaqui are unquestionably Native Americans, native to an area of Mexico along the Rio Yaqui, some six hundred kilometers southwest of Tucson. The Yaqui presumably have been established in their Sonoran homeland "since time immemorial," legalistic terminology for a period antedating legal or other records, i.e., prehistoric times. However, the prehistoric archaeology of Sonora in general is poorly known and "the lower Yaqui valley is an archaeological blank" (Philips 1989: 387). Pottery-making rancheria peoples were present along most of the coastal area by around A.D. 300, but it is not clear that the ancestors of the Yaqui were among them (McGuire and Villapendo 1989: 166; Philips 1989: 386). We therefore can document the Yaqui's Sonoran residence only historically or on the margins of history, protohistorically (Sheridan 1981). The cultural position of the Yaqui is debated. As Riley (1981: 123) contends, "Sheridan treats the Yaqui as a southern extension of the Greater Southwest. My own inclination is to consider these northernmost Cahitan speakers as part of the barbarized northern fringe of the moderately high cultures of Sinaloa." (1)

On first encountering the people who called themselves Yoeme, the Spaniards called them Hiaqui or Yaqui, the name by which the tribe is identified in the historical record (Spicer 1980: 10). At the time of contact in 1533 they have been estimated as numbering approximately thirty thousand, and "the whole of the tribe lived concentrated in about 900 square miles--bottomlands from the mouth of the river at the Sea of Cortes along the shifting channel for some sixty miles upstream" (Spicer 1980:5). (2) The Yaqui had been established there long enough to develop a fierce attachment to the land, which they defended against Spanish intrusion and came to define as a "sacred tribal territory" (Spicer 1983: 250). Although concentrated in their valley, the Yaqui participated in a larger cultural and trade network reaching up into the American Southwest, what Charles Di Peso has labeled the Gran Chichimeca (Di Peso 1979).

Spanish colonial control created interconnections among the various groups of the region, including the Yaqui (Hinton 1983). Jesuit missionaries began work among the Yaqui in 1617 and later employed some of them to help expand their mission network to the north, including to the missions near Tucson (Officer 1987: 28). Whiting (1953: 6) notes, "It was customary in these frontier missions to bring a group of highly acculturated Indians ...
Read this entire Journal Article and more with a FREE trial.

It's pure adulterated BS.
© 24hourcampfire