Home
Posted By: Karnis Who do you despise? - 12/12/10
I really only despise one person and that is my ex-husband in-law (wife's ex). He is such a fuggin prick I could slug him in the neck after kicking his sack.

I've spent over $100,000 educating his two boys and refuses to help. I just found out he is going to Taos (and taking his kids) for a Christmas vacation and here I am trying to figure out what to sell or cash in so it doesn't cost us what little retirement we have.

So damn tired of this chit.......... mad

Rant over.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Who do you despise? - 12/12/10
I now despise him also!

I'd also not mind punching the ex-wife of another Texan I know right in the throat.
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: Who do you despise? - 12/12/10
Barry
Posted By: BrotherBart Re: Who do you despise? - 12/12/10
I despise anyone that lives vicariously through their dad...
Posted By: byc Re: Who do you despise? - 12/12/10
If I put the whole truth here I'll likely get banned BUT it's along the same lines!

In short redheaded Lawyers with thoughts/actions of infidelity can KMA! Moreso the azzzz-wipe she was with!
Posted By: BrotherBart Re: Who do you despise? - 12/12/10
Originally Posted by Steelhead

I'd also not mind punching the ex-wife of another Texan I know right in the throat.

Shazam!!! grin
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Who do you despise? - 12/12/10
any and all progressive/liberals smile
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Who do you despise? - 12/12/10
hmmm,...

I guess I'm incapable of despising anyone.

That's not to say that I never get miffed at some people.

But at the end of the day they're all just a bunch of silly monkeys.

,...can't really take them seriously enough to despise them.
Here's hoping you never have a silly monkey murder a family member.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Who do you despise? - 12/12/10
That would do it.
Posted By: RAS2 Re: Who do you despise? - 12/12/10
I dispise that guy in the mirror.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Who do you despise? - 12/12/10
Don't know the guy, and I'm on board too. For me, it's known thieves.
Posted By: Ken Howell Re: Who do you despise? - 12/12/10
I once edited a book for a friend, asking only that he pay me per hour what he made per hour ($9.50). He complained that that was too much, and never paid me. He knew that I usually got more � up to $150 per hour.

But he hired a balloonist to give his brat's birthday-party guests balloon rides at $75 per hour.

(Yes, we consider ourselves good friends.)
Posted By: Miss_Lynn Re: Who do you despise? - 12/12/10
The woman who gave birth to me.
Posted By: SteveG Re: Who do you despise? - 12/12/10
Every f#*king Democrat.
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn

Ouch!
Posted By: isaac Re: Who do you despise? - 12/12/10
Those that scar or destroy the innocence of children.
Posted By: T LEE Re: Who do you despise? - 12/12/10

WHOA, that is harsh. We wouldn't have ya around without her.
Originally Posted by isaac

+ infinity!
Those that pick on Bob.
Those that pick on Bob.

- infinity!
Posted By: isaac Re: Who do you despise? - 12/12/10
infinity plus 1
Posted By: byc Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
Dan Snyder!
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
Those that pick on Bob.

Oops, my bad, should have been 'Those the believe Bob's picks'
Posted By: T LEE Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
And I pick on ya!!!!
Posted By: Miss_Lynn Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
Originally Posted by T LEE

She gave birth to me, and planned to take me from the hospital and find a way to "lose" me as she put it. If not for my maternal grandfather and grandmother taking me in, I would not be here today.
He's the number 1 golfer IN THE WORLD...pffft. wink
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
i despise my exwife's father. he abused and belittled her and her sister and made them have no self esteem or drive. he created their problems and then blamed them for it.

he goes to church 4 times a week and spends all his time talking about what a good guy he is. what a great example.

through this behavior, his daughter couldn't hack an adult relationship and left me with her debts and problems.

so yeah, i despise someone.

i know, i married her. some problems are buried deep and only come out when you become part of the family...
Posted By: eh76 Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
my ex-wife and her husband for all the abuse they did to my sons before I got custody..........those 2 deserve worse than I can mete out.....and I can get pretty ugly. mad

She gave birth to me, and planned to take me from the hospital and find a way to "lose" me as she put it. If not for my maternal grandfather and grandmother taking me in, I would not be here today.

Geeze Lynn....that's rough...I can't imagine...
Posted By: Sycamore Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
Those that pick on Bob.

Guilty as charged! grin

Sycamore
Posted By: isaac Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
I should pay more attention,I guess!
I honestly believe to truly despise someone you have had to have some feelings for them at one time or another.

Hence the reason I didn't follow Lynn and put my mom up.
Bob...I've made a serious effort to avoid reading any footbal threads this year on account of your dismal predictions last year...hope you're faring better this season...
Posted By: isaac Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
Top 5 may be dismal in your book but it equates to major profits in most others. Thanks for trying to hang in there,though!
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
There's this little slimeball prick of a New Yawk Politician goes by the name of "Chuck, ......r"

I don't think I'm going to be to impressed with this "Traver" character, either.

GTC
Posted By: Steve_NO Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10

well, sweetheart, we're damn glad she didn't succeed.
Posted By: JohnMoses Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
I despise the fact that we can't shoot [bleep] who need it without getting into alot of trouble.

Luckily, I don't have a moral issue with it, just don't want to spend the rest of my life in a cage. wink
Posted By: NH K9 Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
Early in my career I used to despise/hate many. Now I can count that I truly despise on one hand. Like Steelhead, they are those that I used to have some respect/feelings for.

The difference, though, is that years ago the hate was just there, itching the back of my skull. Now it "feeds the beast" and keeps me going.

Eventually that bill is gonna come due and the dog will come off leash.

George
Posted By: ingwe Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
I honestly believe to truly despise someone you have had to have some feelings for them at one time or another.

In that vein...my Ex.... mad

Otherwise..Bill and Hillary Clinton...

I'm sure I can think of more...
Posted By: Freedumb1 Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10

Those get my vote.

When I see the stories, I think why do we allow those types of people to live in our society?

When you look at a map of "offenders", why do we allow them to live among us?
Posted By: 1B Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
So far, we have talked about "despised" persons. The fervor of the hate cited so far is geniuine in many/most cases. But..

I know several folks currently in max security fedearal prisons that I would gladly kill. And I know that there are more like them out there.

"Despise" is a touchy-feely category that permits too much range for the congenitally weak-kneed among us to go all squishy and make the bad guys amongst us into victims! Child molesters, rapists, drug purveyors, leakers of national secrests, and the politcos who protect them deserve more them just our despisal.

1B

I guess I did at one time. She used to come and visit me and try to make like she cared for me. I guess I was young and wanted to think she did love me, so in a way I guess I came to care about her. Then when I was 8 years old, I found out that I had two brothers, one that was born the year after me, and the other three years after me. She kept them, and from my understanding there was never any question about not keeping them. I guess I didn't quite understand why me and not them, and I still don't, and maybe that's the part of me that despises her, the part that doesn't know.

Lynn
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

well, sweetheart, we're damn glad she didn't succeed.

Thank you, and me too smile
Now you're a mother thrice times and a grandmother. Nothing better than living your life successfully.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
I don't despise anybody. I used too, until I realized that anybody worth hating ain't worth wasting time on... wretched soles destined to grow old in misery and die alone. If anything, I'll say a little prayer for them. Of course, I wouldn't mind shooting them in the ear with a .22 either, but not because I despise them.
Not a person but I truly despise electric stove tops.
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I don't despise anybody. I used too, until I realized that anybody worth hating ain't worth wasting time on... wretched soles destined to grow old in misery and die alone. If anything, I'll say a little prayer for them. Of course, I wouldn't mind shooting them in the ear with a .22 either, but not because I despise them.

that's just cullin'....don't have to hate a dink to cull him
I despise it when you throw beer cans out of the truck window and they land in the boat.
Well put Steve, I was thinking of a stray dog analogy. I like yours even better.
Posted By: doubletap Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
Brother-in-law forged a quit claim deed on my mother's house, put the property in his name and tried to have her evicted. And, my ex-sister went along with it. I had them both arrested, and since he was a deputy, he also lost his job. We spent a lot on attorneys and as much as some people like to bash attorneys, I appreciate what a couple of them did for us.

Pretty much me. Despise is too active an emotion to carry around and I don't like to waste energy on useless things. Any energy put towards despising someone is taking away from a useful emotion.

Lots of folks I don't 'like' but that doesn't mean I dislike them. Dislike is far too active an emotion to carry for someone I don't like.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
that about sums up how i look at it
Yep, they're not worthy of tainting our positive karma.

Wisdom with age?? grin

I would like to hope I'm able to reach that level someday. For now I'll eat the hate and wait for my moment.

George

Pretty much me. Despise is too active an emotion to carry around and I don't like to waste energy on useless things. Any energy put towards despising someone is taking away from a useful emotion.

Lots of folks I don't 'like' but that doesn't mean I dislike them. Dislike is far too active an emotion to carry for someone I don't like.

You are making this too complicated.......

Originally Posted by NH K9

Wisdom with age?? grin

I would like to hope I'm able to reach that level someday. For now I'll eat the hate and wait for my moment.

George

I am there with ya..
I despise stupid people................

thanks
I thought about it.

1 guy. A POS that shot and killed my best friend during a robbery when he was 17 yrs old.

Super good guy killed by a POS. Not something I dwell on doing every day, but if I had the chance I would certainly kill him.
You know I love ya!
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
Some times myself for reasons only a few know or will.
You know I love ya!

That's what skeers me eek grin
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
You know I love ya!

Time for a hug?....... grin
He's sensitive, I have to be careful what I say.....
Uh oh,

Ya'll have went and got ingrid all horned up. wink
I am too, but you knew that....
Horned up?

Ugh, Enough.
You talking about my nut sack and your gear shift earlier did it.... whistle
How's the 6.5x54MS project progressing?
Posted By: 1B Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
Hard to say whether this world view is a product of our non- judgmental educational system, media dumbing down, or an early life in a Skinner box.

Whatever, it is common enough to reelect Obama again.

1bg
Originally Posted by ingwe
You talking about my nut sack and your gear shift earlier did it.... whistle

This just in...

"Aw crap, I thought the rut was over."

Signed,
Mrs. Ingwe
How's the 6.5x54MS project progressing?

That...was insensitive...
Posted By: 700LH Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
My kinda hate right here smile

Posted By: Sycamore Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
I should pay more attention,I guess!

Nahhh! All in fun.

Sycamore
Posted By: Ken Howell Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
� She used to come and visit me and try to make like she cared for me. I guess I was young and wanted to think she did love me, so in a way I guess I came to care about her. Then when I was 8 years old, I found out that I had two brothers, one that was born the year after me, and the other three years after me. She kept them, and from my understanding there was never any question about not keeping them. I guess I didn't quite understand why me and not them, and I still don't, and maybe that's the part of me that despises her, the part that doesn't know.

Carol Anne's parents, brothers, and sisters ostrasized and snake-mouthed us for thirty years, then � after she died � tried to make-like all was "still" lovy-dovy with me and our children. (Until I politely told 'em that they had nothing that I wanted to hear about.)

I don't hate 'em, just like I don't hate the miserable winter weather in northern Minnesota while I'm content here in western New Mexico.
Ingrid is a 7x57 gal. grin
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
You know I love ya!

Time for a hug?....... grin

Only with the female persuasion......preferable with nice big warmers.... smile
I despise it when you throw beer cans out of the truck window and they land in the boat.

what a gross violation of redneck etiquette....the cans go in the truck bed
Posted By: redmtn Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
As much as I despise Liberals, people who hurt children, parents or otherwise. Some people just need killing.
Now you're a mother thrice times and a grandmother. Nothing better than living your life successfully.

True, very true smile
Posted By: Barkoff Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10

Hence the reason I didn't follow Lynn and put my mom up.

I don't know about that, I have never met Olberman, but I despise him more than anyone I have ever met or known.
yes, he is truly a swine....but he's such a clown it's hard to respect him enough to despise him.
Posted By: Partsman Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10

Unless they are Canadian and Female! whistle
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
yes, he is truly a swine....but he's such a clown it's hard to respect him enough to despise him.

I'm not sure one can be respected and despised.
Posted By: Winnie Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
I despise smart people

They make me feel stupid. grin
It's youths like you that give a cynical azz like me some hope for the future.

George
Posted By: Salmonella Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
I despise thugs.
Vermin that prey on those weaker than themselves.
The baggy clothed "tough guys" that try to intimidate good honest folk and contribute nothing positive to society.
Gang members fit this description especially well.

Originally Posted by Partsman

Unless they are Canadian and Female! whistle

Be nice to your fellow country persons....
Posted By: toltecgriz Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
I probably have a list, but I'm not going to spend time trying to remember who is on it. I'll remember when the time comes.
Posted By: BrentD Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
I probably have a list, but I'm not going to spend time trying to remember who is on it. I'll remember when the time comes.

+1
Posted By: FlyboyFlem Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
I despise many of my liberal friends presently jumping the Obama ship and saying they only voted for him because it was time we had a black president.. smirk
Posted By: no_one Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
The ignorant, thieving piece of trash that rang me this morning and asked if I would shear for him....I REALLY enjoyed telling him there was not a hope in hell of that happening.
Posted By: W7ACT Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
Myself I don't despise anyone, but there is a number of people I have no use for so I won't associate with them as life is to short so I don't have any time for them.

As a matter of fact I told one of them to get lost as the best part of him ran down his mother's leg when he was conceived and that he was the poster child for castration at birth so he couldn't add to the gene pool(he was my neighbor).
Posted By: Rman Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
Liberals. Canadian ones. They're the worst kind. Ever.

R.
Posted By: SteveG Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
Obama, Pelosi, Reid, Schumer, Barney, and Democrats in general.
Posted By: deflave Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
I despise anybody that won't go bear hunting with me.

And Steelhead. I despise Steelhead....

Travis
Posted By: bbassi Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
There's only one person I can say I really despise, and I ask the Lord to release me from that hatred every day. So far it hasn't worked, but I continue to ask. I don't like myself when I'm hating that person. It gives them way too much power.
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
A clown who had an employee he didn't like. He fired him for a ridiculous reason, and then years later was stupid enough to brag about what he'd done. That action indirectly led to years of grief for me. The guy has a nice family, sweet wife, well behaved kids, but he is an absolute scum bag.

Seeing the sad stories of terrible family members, I can only add the Teddy Roosevelt quote, "the measure of a man is not what he has, but what he does with what he has." I think TR meant material possessions, but I reckon he'd say it also applies to those who overcome serious family issues.
Posted By: rmorgan736 Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
everyone who thinks the recesion/depresion is over
Posted By: levrluvr Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
I despise liars, liberals, and stupid people. One describes the other, but especially liars.
I also greatly despise thieves.
Originally Posted by W7ACT
Myself I don't despise anyone, but there is a number of people I have no use for so I won't associate with them as life is to short so I don't have any time for them.

As a matter of fact I told one of them to get lost as the best part of him ran down his mother's leg when he was conceived and that he was the poster child for castration at birth so he couldn't add to the gene pool(he was my neighbor).

Describe for us what you would have said to him if you despised him...OK, I'm ready.
Posted By: BCBrian Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
I despise "sheeple" - people who mindlessly follow the majority of the herd - like sheep. Sheep+people=sheeple.

You can usually spot them quickly in a debate - they get offended so easily when you question their core beliefs, and rather than debate, since they don't know why they feel the way they feel - they then lash out at the debater with all manner of personal attacks and innuendo.

No, actually on reflection - I think I find sheeple to be so enjoyable - at least on a forum - due to the fact their beliefs are often so shallow - they can't debate anyone effectively without name-calling and getting all mad and abusive - hence the enjoyable childish taunting, and the accompanying ridiculous fury, that so often comes back at the person who tries to engage them in reasoned and logical debate.

To find the best example of sheeple on this forum - watch and observe the people who's first response to a position they disagree with - is anger and name calling - we have dozens of great examples of sheeple on this forum!

They are all passion and fury, coupled with a total lack of a brains and the capacity for having a single individual thought.

Here's to sheeple - and the predictable fun they give the rest of us.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
I dunno what despising people really means to me. Killed a lot of folks I didn't even know and my heart rate hardly flickered. Their only offense was trying to kill me, which all things considered was a rational act on their part.

Have equally cool emotions about my ex cause I wound up losing the custody battle. Found a home for the cats eventually but that was a pain in the butt.

Not real fond of robots and drones and have no respect for their kind. Life is more complex than blindly following the letter of the law or kneeling to the God of Greed. So at the end of the day I wouldn't mind hurting some of those folks greatly. Maybe they would recover and become beneficial rather than divisive? Politicians fall under that description in my book...too.

So, who would I get emotional about? Who would I like to die slowly and in great pain? Maybe a few liberal politicians, or even some conservative ones from domestic and foreign shores. But the fact of it is, if the chance to affect "change" fell on my doorstep I'd be fairly unemotional about it. I'd laugh though, given the chance to mete justice to a pedophile. Maybe that's who/what I despise? I'd probably stop short of doing a full Hannibal on them, but only when it came to the grillin' part. I hate Chianti.
Posted By: btb375 Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
Anyone who abuses children and animals.

There's a long list of people that I don't care enough about to despise
Posted By: crittergetter Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
OBAMA,REID,PELOSI,GRASSLEY,SCHUMER,WEINER, AND RANGEL for a start.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
Dont stress much on hating, but theres a bunch Id like to shoot.
Posted By: ConradCA Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
You have just described your self Brian. Self hatred is a hard.
Posted By: Armen Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10

This.

Posted By: 30Gibbs Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10

Living well IS the best revenge.
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
that sorry SOB, the shot John Waye in the back in "The Cowboys"..for that matter..Sands of I.....;)
Posted By: 30Gibbs Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
Not a person but I truly despise electric stove tops.

YEAH.

I could shoot one of those in the ear.
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
Originally Posted by crittergetter
OBAMA,REID,PELOSI,GRASSLEY,SCHUMER,WEINER, AND RANGEL for a start.
OH YEA, ADD THESE TO MY LIST...
Posted By: Flfiremedic Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
Jane Fonda, Michael Vicks, and Brooks Hartley.
Posted By: Paul39 Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
Originally Posted by W7ACT

That pretty well says it for me too. There are a number of character traits or personalities that I don't care for, but I don't lose sleep dwelling on it. I tend to keep such things to myself.

I see a lot of smugness, and that's a trait I don't like, although there are worse things in human nature. Predators, exploiters, and bullies; I hope karma catches up to them.

Paul

Originally Posted by BCBrian
- they can't debate anyone effectively without name-calling

You're an idiot! laugh
Originally Posted by ConradCA
You have just described your self Brian. Self hatred is a hard.

I'd bet I clean your clock on a one on one debate any day of the week - and I could do it with a smile, while being polite and I wouldn't have to line up my thoughts with everyone else's to win.

Does your observation about me - mean that I hit a nerve? Are you, in fact, just another sheeple? whistle

Good one! grin
Posted By: Ken Howell Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
a related question �

Why do interviewers always ask a hated person "Why do people hate you?"?

Seems to me that they should ask a hater "Why do people like you hate So-and-so?"

Don't ask me why a Sh'thead hates me.

Ask him.
Posted By: Karnis Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
Dooooooooooooooooods. Let's not get all horned up, it was just a rant about a real pinhead I have to deal with. Yeeeeeeesh!
I now like him but I despise you...........
[bleep] it, I despise everyone.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
Exactly what I have been tempted to say since this mess began,

"I HATE EVERYONE"!!!
Posted By: Karnis Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
I now like him but I despise you...........

Blow me. laugh
Posted By: 7 STW Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
No idea were to start.At least 5 people off the top of my head make the list.
Posted By: achildofthesky Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
Wetbacks... Among a long list of others.
Posted By: temmi Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
Originally Posted by Karnis
I really only despise one person and that is my ex-husband in-law (wife's ex). He is such a fuggin prick I could slug him in the neck after kicking his sack.

I've spent over $100,000 educating his two boys and refuses to help. I just found out he is going to Taos (and taking his kids) for a Christmas vacation and here I am trying to figure out what to sell or cash in so it doesn't cost us what little retirement we have.

Rant over.

Just don't do it....

I would not break myself sending his kids to school....
We did break ourselves sending our kids to school.... but that's a different story
Posted By: JOG Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
I despise "sheeple" - people who mindlessly follow the majority of the herd - like sheep. Sheep+people=sheeple.

You can usually spot them quickly in a debate - they get offended so easily when you question their core beliefs, and rather than debate, since they don't know why they feel the way they feel - they then lash out at the debater with all manner of personal attacks and innuendo.

No, actually on reflection - I think I find sheeple to be so enjoyable - at least on a forum - due to the fact their beliefs are often so shallow - they can't debate anyone effectively without name-calling and getting all mad and abusive - hence the enjoyable childish taunting, and the accompanying ridiculous fury, that so often comes back at the person who tries to engage them in reasoned and logical debate.

To find the best example of sheeple on this forum - watch and observe the people who's first response to a position they disagree with - is anger and name calling - we have dozens of great examples of sheeple on this forum!

They are all passion and fury, coupled with a total lack of a brains and the capacity for having a single individual thought.

I despise people with no sense of irony. smirk
Posted By: Mr_TooDogs Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
watching John Boehner cry on 60 minutes last night made me despise him. fuggin pantywaist
[bleep] it, I despise everyone.

Naahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, not everyone ! There must still be a female secretary, Doctor, librarian, sailor or mud wrestler out there that you still like smirk
Originally Posted by JOG

I despise people with no sense of irony. smirk

The day that I can't argue my point of view without resorting to name-calling and personal abuse - or the day I line up with the majority - just because I feel safer that way - will be a truly ironic day. grin
In the spirit of Christmas, I will wait until after the first of the year to add to the list of people I despise. Kind of a New Year's resolution. smirk
Posted By: JOG Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10

The day that I can't argue my point of view without resorting to name-calling and personal abuse - or the day I line up with the majority - just because I feel safer that way - will be a truly ironic day. grin

Well then, here's a toast to this day of true irony.
Originally Posted by JOG

Well then, here's a toast to this day of true irony.

Dang ! I reread all that, and I get it. Your good ! wink
I didn't despise anyone until I read this thread.

Brian.
Posted By: Mntngoat Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
Not a person but Lou Gehrigs disease Lost my dad to ALS 3 weeks ago to it!

ML
Posted By: RAS2 Re: Who do you despise? - 12/13/10
Sorry to hear that.
Originally Posted by Mntngoat
Not a person but Lou Gehrigs disease Lost my dad to ALS 3 weeks ago to it!
ML

I am so very sorry for your loss.

Lynn
Posted By: Karnis Re: Who do you despise? - 12/14/10
Originally Posted by temmi
Originally Posted by Karnis

Rant over.

Just don't do it....

I would not break myself sending his kids to school....
We did break ourselves sending our kids to school.... but that's a different story

They've lived with me since they were tots. Can't depend on him for chit and I couldn't live with myself if they didn't get the sheepskin. Just part of our family and obviously worth only what a kid does with it. If it puts him one step ahead of the next guy, I'm golden.

Our first son made the Dean's list 4x at TT (Rawls School of Bidniss) and made many friends in the faculty. Our second son is struggling some, but he works his butt off both in class and off campus. If he'd lay off the partying for a bit, he'd do better.

Thankfully they are both 180 degrees in attitude from each other. Makes for interesting conversations. When he graduates and if I'm still above ground, I'm gonna buy me a new Rem 700 ADL from Academy for $349.00 and kick it high.

laugh laugh
Posted By: lhonda Re: Who do you despise? - 12/14/10
Originally Posted by NH K9
Early in my career I used to despise/hate many. Now I can count that I truly despise on one hand. Like Steelhead, they are those that I used to have some respect/feelings for.

The difference, though, is that years ago the hate was just there, itching the back of my skull. Now it "feeds the beast" and keeps me going.

Eventually that bill is gonna come due and the dog will come off leash.

George

Similar sentiment and attitude here, for the most part. Only a select few do I truly loathe, I mean *truly* get an hate on for today. The kind of hatred where I would quite literally celebrate and smirk upon learning of their death. I guess I'll admit I used to really kind of embrace the hate, but as I've aged, senor hate and I now more just good friends who don't see each other that much anymore. OK, one more drink and that's me done. Gotta' go kill some wildfowl in the am.

Posted By: Ken Howell Re: Who do you despise? - 12/14/10
Karnie, you remind me so well of the guy who said "We have eight kids. One's adopted, but I don't remember which one."

Beautiful! grin
Posted By: Swampman700 Re: Who do you despise? - 12/14/10
Matthew 18: 23-35

Jesus told this parable:

"The kingdom of God is like a master who decided to settle accounts with his servants. One servant was brought to him who owed him a huge sum of money. Since the man had no way to pay it back, the master ordered him to be sold, along with his wife and children and all his property, in payment of the debt. But the man pleaded with him, and promised to pay him back in full. The master was moved with pity, and let the servant go and forgave the debt.

After he was let go, the man came upon a fellow servant who owed him a day's wage. He seized him and demanded that he pay back what he owed. The fellow servant pleaded with him to give him time to pay back the debt, but the man refused. He had him thrown into prison until he could pay what he owed.

Other servants saw what had happened and reported it to the master. The master summoned the man and said, 'I forgave you your entire debt because you pleaded with me. Should you not have done the same to your fellow servant?'

Then the master handed him over to be tortured until he paid back his entire debt. So will my heavenly Father do to you, unless you forgive your brother from your heart."

Originally Posted by Swampman700
Matthew 18: 23-35 � Then the master handed him over to be tortured until he paid back his entire debt. So will my heavenly Father do to you, unless you forgive your brother from your heart."

" � and forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors."
Posted By: Paul39 Re: Who do you despise? - 12/14/10
That is the part of being a Christian that I find most difficult. I keep trying.

I suspect that I am far from alone.

Paul
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Who do you despise? - 12/14/10
Originally Posted by Paul39
That is the part of being a Christian that I find most difficult. I keep trying.

I suspect that I am far from alone.

Paul
I try and not hate anybody, but it is difficult at times.
Matthew 5:22c � " � and whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of the hell of fire."

From Campfire to Hell fire?

Posted By: Whelenman Re: Who do you despise? - 12/14/10
[quote=Karnis]I really only despise one person and that is my ex-husband in-law (wife's ex).

He is not you ex-husband in-law. He is you huband in-law. You wife divorced him, you didn't. grin
stet

simplest � "my wife's former husband"
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Who do you despise? - 12/14/10
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
stet

simplest � "my wife's former husband"

I know Ken, but it catches ever-ones eye. grin
So do streakers.
All the people I despised are dead now. One way or the other. grin

BCR