Home
Can someone shed light on the why the Big Buddy Heater is limited to 20# tanks? What would happen if it was hooked up to a 60# tank? Thanks and Happy New Year to all.
What's to make you feel it can't be?

Get a regulator and a hose made to fit from the 25 gal to the heater. I use my grill with my 25 gal. Just have a hose made at a propane place that can make legal hoses.
I had a hose made at the beginning to go through the window of my RV at deer camp to my Mr Buddy heater.
I emailed Mr. Heater and they said the heater was not made to be hooked up to anything large than 20#. I could not understand either why a 60# tank would be any different than a 20# tank.
Just to blow their minds - I woulda asked if you could daisy chain 3 twenty pounders together on a manifold or something and rock that....
20lb= about 4 gal
40lb= about 7 gal
maybe 100lb tank heavy sob=25 gal
Originally Posted by Milwroad
I emailed Mr. Heater and they said the heater was not made to be hooked up to anything large than 20#. I could not understand either why a 60# tank would be any different than a 20# tank.

Liability, liabilty, liabilty, PI Lawyers

I may be too dumb, I just did it, didn't ask a soul. Had the hose made where I bought the tank and went. Sorry this may be against current PC rules.
© 24hourcampfire