Home
Posted By: Monkey_Joe What's for Supper? - 02/19/11
Smoked pheasant, smoked pork loin, and smoked salmon.

I'd post pictures, but some around here think waterboarding is cruel and unusual........

Others are bringing quail and a hotdog machine - don't ask me, I don't understand either.

And beer.
Posted By: bucktail Re: What's for Supper? - 02/19/11
A little early for supper. I had a half lb elk burger between 2 grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch.
Posted By: 2muchgun Re: What's for Supper? - 02/19/11
sam adams and chili right now......
Posted By: Monkey_Joe Re: What's for Supper? - 02/19/11
Not too early when you are smoking things. I lit the smoker at 05:39 CST.

I had a deer burger for dinner - as I was making the chili for tomorrow's festivities.

FWIW, man and women are not created equal - how many women do you know that put the can opener in their back pocket while dumping the various canned ingredients in to a pot of chile only to find it hours later when you notice that weight while needing a pair of pliers when in the act of removing a blade from your tractor?

Posted By: Gus Re: What's for Supper? - 02/19/11
supper for us will include on sale sweet italian pork sausage from Publix, sphagetti and a tomato sauce.

might set a green salad with tomatoes, Vidalia onions, and lettuce beside the sphagetti bowl.

no bread this time.
Posted By: the_shootist Re: What's for Supper? - 02/19/11
Ham, yam, green beans, honey mustard. Simple but tasty.
Posted By: Spanokopitas Re: What's for Supper? - 02/19/11

Goat stew for dinner.
Posted By: Rman Re: What's for Supper? - 02/19/11
Bacon wrapped buffaler tenderloin, corn on the cob, asper-grass, some kind of salad. Irish whiskey and Guiness in the fridge, for warm up, red wind with the meal, and cigars and more whiskey for desert.

R.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: What's for Supper? - 02/19/11
Fresh Gulf Shrimp, boiled with Old Bay seasoning, and served on a bed of mixed greens. I'll make a vinaigrette dressing.
A chilled bottle of Bouchard Pouilly-Fuiss�, and some goat cheese on flat bread with olives, herbs and a drizzle of EVOO.
Posted By: okok Re: What's for Supper? - 02/19/11
Smoked salmon with scrambled eggs.
Posted By: byc Re: What's for Supper? - 02/19/11
Originally Posted by okok
Smoked salmon with scrambled eggs.

deer camp special for sure. love it!

found some prime rib-eyes at Costco.
Posted By: Seven_Heaven Re: What's for Supper? - 02/19/11
Think I'll go put some red stag steaks on the grill and put a bit of Evan Williams in the coke.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: What's for Supper? - 02/19/11
Just put the grill back together from being blown around in last weeks wind. Have some pork chops seasoned up and waiting in the fridge. Green beans in the pot with a bunch of chopped up bacon, its grease, and some onion. Probably do a green salad and a bake potato to go with it.
Posted By: MissouriEd Re: What's for Supper? - 02/19/11
Supper will be fresh garden salad, grilled venison burger, steamed veggies with coffee and cookies for desert later.

I will be assembling 1000 45ACP later on my Dillon 500. Receipe is New starline brass, CCI LP primer, 5gr Bullseye and 230gr Hornady XTP HP. That will feed my 1911 for a couple of months.
Posted By: eh76 Re: What's for Supper? - 02/19/11
Going to be 1" thick charcoal grilled pork loin chops with fresh asparagus and a salad!

Originally Posted by AlabamaEd

I will be assembling 1000 45ACP later on my Dillon 500. Receipe is New starline brass, CCI LP primer, 5gr Bullseye and 230gr Hornady XTP HP. That will feed my 1911 for a couple of months.

I like WW 231 better than Bullseye!
Posted By: BOWHUNR Re: What's for Supper? - 02/19/11
Man that's weird! We're having thick pork chops on the BGE, asparagus and baked potatos. Probably should have the salad instead.....naaa grin

Mike
Posted By: RAS2 Re: What's for Supper? - 02/19/11
I would love to use my Grandmas line here.
Having two broiled seasoned pork loins (one Lemon Garlic, the other Mesquite BBQ), and roast baby carrots cooked in peanut oil and garlic.

Brian.
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

Goat stew for dinner.

I need to start eating dinner at your place.

Brian.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: What's for Supper? - 02/20/11
fajitas ribs sausage and black eye peas
Posted By: eh76 Re: What's for Supper? - 02/20/11
Originally Posted by stxhunter
fajitas ribs sausage and black eye peas

I'm on my way! grin
Posted By: raghorn Re: What's for Supper? - 02/20/11
Gonna try 'Stick's 'But bread tonight..............laffin
Posted By: Miss_Lynn Re: What's for Supper? - 02/20/11
Not sure, we have yet to leave the room, but I am starving, and I am thinking BIG rare steak. PETA is soooooo gonna hate me !!!! grin
People for the Eating of Tasty Animals
Posted By: Steve Re: What's for Supper? - 02/20/11
Meat loaf in the oven right now.
Posted By: ironeagle_84 Re: What's for Supper? - 02/20/11
Pork steaks, baked potatoes, corn and buttermilk biscuits with some Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.
Posted By: MarkFed Re: What's for Supper? - 02/20/11
Two one pound (1" thick) pork chops dry rubbed with garlic powder, black pepper, and red pepper. Then coated with sweet baby rays honey BBQ sauce. Cooked on Weber Kettle BBQ with mesquite chips.

Also two tenderloins from a 72lb doe I got back in November. These tender little guys were rubbed with steak seasoning and slow grilled on my Weber Genesis.

Along with this dual meat meal we will be having some caesar salad and sweet corn.
Seems like a good 75% of us are having pork tonight. Mine is in the oven right now, and it sure is smelling good.

Brian.
this thread needs pictures! I took some and hope to download a bit later
Posted By: cole_k Re: What's for Supper? - 02/20/11
Originally Posted by Seven_Heaven
.... Evan Williams in the coke.

Are you out of your mine!!!! That is enough to turn me against both EW & coke.
Posted By: cole_k Re: What's for Supper? - 02/20/11
Mesquite smoked rack of lamb, steamed cauliflower, carrots and broccoli, and homemade Italian bread.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: What's for Supper? - 02/20/11
Homemade lasagna w/ 50/50 mix ground deer and deer sausage, whole wheat garlic bread, mixed salad and a big ole peach crisp cobbler from last summers peaches. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Posted By: Otter Re: What's for Supper? - 02/20/11
I splurged and got a Totino's pizza out of the freezer. Since my wife's still gone, I'm going to go wild and put anchovies on it grin.
Originally Posted by gunner500
Homemade lasagna w/ 50/50 mix ground deer and deer sausage, whole wheat garlic bread, mixed salad and a big ole peach crisp cobbler from last summers peaches. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I'm moving next door to you ASAP.

Brian.
Originally Posted by Otter
I splurged and got a Totino's pizza out of the freezer. Since my wife's still gone, I'm going to go wild and put anchovies on it grin.

Totino's have been a staple of my diet at one time or another. Used to splurge and put pineapple on them, which is living high on the hawg considering that the pineapple costs more than the whole pizza.

Everytime I buy a new pistol, it's Totino's and Top Ramen for the next several months.

Brian.
Posted By: Scott F Re: What's for Supper? - 02/20/11
Not sure what it will end up but it looks like mushrooms in one pan and brats in the other. Wind is blowing, temperature is dropping and there is a hot fire in the stove. It is starting to smell real good right now.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Scott F Re: What's for Supper? - 02/20/11
She just smothered the brats in home made sauerkraut. My juices are starting to flow! grin
Originally Posted by Scott F
Not sure what it will end up but it looks like mushrooms in one pan and brats in the other. Wind is blowing, temperature is dropping and there is a hot fire in the stove. It is starting to smell real good right now.

[Linked Image]

That always turns out good!
Posted By: Partagas Re: What's for Supper? - 02/20/11
Finish up some brownies in one of those cool every brownie has an edge pan for desert after some walleye/sauger fillets baked with sweetened shredded coconut on top. HMMMMM.

Wished I would have had a glass of wine to go with but got back from a snowmobiling icefishing trip that started early this morning and didn't have the energy to go to the store. Lost an 8-10lb laker at the hole and my buddy had an even bigger one (we think) get off. He could hardly even get his to move from the bottom of the lake till it finally threw the hook. Fun day.
I'm so full right now I can hardly move. Too many carrots.

Brian.
Posted By: widrahthaar Re: What's for Supper? - 02/20/11
Beef/barley soup for tonight.
Posted By: bubbajay Re: What's for Supper? - 02/20/11
I made a meatloaf, but only because I really wanted meatloaf sandwiches, they were good but should be better tomorrow.
Posted By: Altjaeger Re: What's for Supper? - 02/20/11
Schnitzel and spaetzle with Jaeger sauce.
Posted By: Pugs Re: What's for Supper? - 02/26/11
Grilled venison tenderloin
Sauted mushrooms with shallots (olive oil/butter) and Drambuie
Melted Blue Cheese
Ciabatta rolls served open faced

Very happy with it.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: byc Re: What's for Supper? - 02/26/11
Dayum Chef Al---that looks outstanding!!

David
Posted By: 5sdad Re: What's for Supper? - 02/26/11
Originally Posted by WheelchairBandit
Seems like a good 75% of us are having pork tonight. Mine is in the oven right now, and it sure is smelling good.

Brian.

Could be because the price of beef is beyond ridiculous.
Posted By: Gus Re: What's for Supper? - 02/26/11
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by WheelchairBandit

Brian.

Could be because the price of beef is beyond ridiculous.

yes, even the west texas grass fed stuff.

we're having pork bbq on buns, some pickles, and Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce.

we do procure the bacon odds & ends too. worth the sort, or it is to me.
Posted By: Pugs Re: What's for Supper? - 02/26/11
Originally Posted by byc
Dayum Chef Al---that looks outstanding!!

David

Thanks - We've got a new local bakery that really does some great rolls. Learning to bake good bread is one of my first tasks when we get our cabin and have weekends away to separate ourselves from work.

Wife just called into work - it'll be interesting to see what part of the world is going to crap now or if it's just the usual suspects. frown
Posted By: okie Re: What's for Supper? - 02/26/11
Crab legs tonite I'm told!!!!
Posted By: blanket Re: What's for Supper? - 02/27/11
New york strips and french fries, boy the deer loins with blue cheese looks good Russ
Posted By: eh76 Re: What's for Supper? - 02/27/11
Bighorn sheep burgers and a salad. Got to fry the burgers cause the weather outside just plain sux!
Posted By: smokepole Re: What's for Supper? - 02/27/11
Deer stew, been in the crock all day. Did I say I think I mighta gotten a sunburn today?
Posted By: Miss_Lynn Re: What's for Supper? - 02/27/11
Waiting for a takeout BBQ order, chicken, ribs, salad, and BBQ beans. Just getting home from the RV Show in Birmingham. Some amazing ones there, only one though that really turned my head. A good time had by all !

Posted By: Tom264 Re: What's for Supper? - 02/27/11
Homemade Stromboli.....

And I mean Homemade....from scratch.
Posted By: mathman Re: What's for Supper? - 02/27/11
Ribeye steak, pan fried in a little butter, sprinkled with Montreal seasoning while resting. Baked potato, drizzled with melted butter, a little ranch dressing, and a few grinds of fresh black pepper.

Simple, quick and good.
Posted By: Tom264 Re: What's for Supper? - 02/27/11
Originally Posted by Tom264
Homemade Stromboli.....

And I mean Homemade....from scratch.
Wow she suprised me.

Also included Homemade cheese bread to go with it.

Yum.
Posted By: rockchucker Re: What's for Supper? - 02/27/11
A ham sandwich and a rice krispy treat
Posted By: mathman Re: What's for Supper? - 02/27/11
Now that the steak and potato are gone and the 100 proof Old Forester has been sipped, I'm retiring to the patio to enjoy a Bolivar Fuerte toro and a cup of Sumatran coffee.

grin
Posted By: byc Re: What's for Supper? - 02/27/11
Now that the Taco's are gone and the 2 day aged Tecates have been chugged. I'm not retiring to Mexico.

But I will be joining ya'll on the patio for a nice chat.;)
Posted By: Miss_Lynn Re: What's for Supper? - 02/27/11
The patio sounds like a great idea, let me get my sweater, it is a little cool out there smile
Posted By: 5sdad Re: What's for Supper? - 02/27/11
Took a thick piece of top round steak and sliced diamonds into both sides of it. Liberal application of pepper, onion salt, and garlic salt. Beat some flour into both sides. Mix of olive oil and canoodling oil in cast iron skillet. Browned both sides and then in 350 oven for about a half hour. Steamed broccoli, potato salad, and tossed salad.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: What's for Supper? - 02/27/11
Went to a favorite Thai place tonight-

Prik King for me (chicken, green beans, bell peppers, in a curry sauce of some kind, and rice on the side) and Pad Thai for the wife.

You know you eat too much in a place when they don't even take your order, they just start bringing you stuff.
Posted By: smokepole Re: What's for Supper? - 02/27/11
Yeah, but. I wish we had a good Thai joint nearby, good enough to not have to order.
Posted By: mudhen Re: What's for Supper? - 02/27/11
Green enchiladas with beans and rice. Flan for desert!
© 24hourcampfire