Home
No one knows for sure, but my guess is no. However, some people out there are getting prepared. Someone at CNN must have had a slow weekend to write this much, too long to post here.
END OF THE WORLD
I hope not! But it is what it is.
If it does we won't be around to complain!
SHTF! Stock up on Sherwin Williams paint and Wonderbread. Make sure you carry a light load and a heavy bag brah.
it probably will for more than a few folks, seems it does everyday

just locally we lost a 40 yr old man in a car crash and his 14 yr old son is on life support in anc

nuther little pretty thang i know, 33 yrs old checked into the hospital for pneumonia died of heart failure, left a precious little girl behind, last i knew the daddy has/had a drug problem. if that's accurate hope he can man up

life is precious but the reaper has his eye upon each of us

our world is gonna end, it's what we do while waiting that matters

wake up well rested and fight the good fight, but for all that's dear, kiss those you love before you turn off your light
Those poor folks must be reading a whole different Bible than I do. Seems that Jesus closest followers asked Him about this very end of the world thing. Best I remember he said nobody knows or ever will know until it happens.

Mt25:36 ff

BCR
Lots of complications from the flu and common colds this year, at least around these parts. Lots of pneumonia. We are still fighting some shixt that we caught well over a month ago. I'm guessing about a half-dozen trips to the Doctor. Gotta go call my parents and see how they are doing this morning. Been a rough winter, both weather-wise and health-wise.
Another false prophet lining his pocket on the fears of some spiritually hungry people. The bible is correct! "Concerning that day and hour nobody knows,neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son,but only the Father." Matt. 24:36
Many of the signs of the last days are here[as shown in Matt. 24] but one very important sign is yet waiting to be shortly fulfilled. "Whenever it is that they are saying:'Peace and security!' then sudden destrustion is to be instantly upon them just as the pang of distress upon a pregnant woman; and they willby no means escape." 1Thess.5:3
There is still time for right hearted men to search for God!
It's God's stated desire that all men use that time wisely!
gee, I was hoping to again see the buck I let go last year, how big he is this year.
Posted By: SSB Re: Will the world end on May 21? - 03/07/11
This is a bit disconcerting......

Posted By: eh76 Re: Will the world end on May 21? - 03/07/11
Originally Posted by Boggy Creek Ranger
Those poor folks must be reading a whole different Bible than I do. Seems that Jesus closest followers asked Him about this very end of the world thing. Best I remember he said nobody knows or ever will know until it happens.

BCR

Yep...in the blink of an eye. Always amazes me people beleive the false prophets and follow them to death.

BCR

I'm with you.
I hope not cause my birthday is May 22.. Sure would suck to have an end the world one day before i get my cake.......
Nope. The end of the world can't come for at least 1,007 years. First the rapture of the church, then the great Tribulation (7 years) and then the 1,000 year reign of Christ from David's throne in Jerusalem . . . . then cometh the end.

But like someone above said, for a lot of folks, the world ends every day. Don't let it end for you without settling the sin problem by receiving Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour.
There have been lots of these doomsday groups over the years. So far they're batting 1000. Just read the Bible. It's never failed yet.
will they have Kool Aid at church on the 22nd?
Originally Posted by MagMarc
will they have Kool Aid at church on the 22nd?

Probaly not, but I bet a few of em' will wish they did. blush

I wonder how long it will be before they peel the vinyl stickers off their motorhomes?

I'd love to hear the speil that they come up with to explain why the world didn't come to an end and what the next big plan is.
I wonder if theis means everything will be on some serious sale prices starting on the 20th?
Live every day. Be happy.
Tell those you love, everyday that you love them.
If it is the last day, don't have regrets

Do one thing every day that makes you happy
A buddy of mine told me that a co-worker of his just quit his job because of this BS. Amazing...
Come on, everyone knows the Mayan's got it right. The world is going to end on 12/21/12.
I only read a few paragraphs, enough to know they're all nuts. Wonder what they will do when they discover they have nothing left and the world is still there!

Similar to the world ending at the turn of the century. Probably the same idiots.

Jim
Well hell, if its gonna end May 21st, guess I'll skip paying my spring installment property tax.....grin

maddog
Originally Posted by minengr
Come on, everyone knows the Mayan's got it right. The world is going to end on 12/21/12.

Naw. That's when the Mayans will unveil their NEW calendar. On sale at amazon.com in time for Christmas!
laugh
Probably.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Will the world end on May 21? - 03/07/11
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
I only read a few paragraphs, enough to know they're all nuts. Wonder what they will do when they discover they have nothing left and the world is still there!

Similar to the world ending at the turn of the century. Probably the same idiots.

Jim

Kind of like the idiots that maxed out their credit cards prior to 2000 thinking the computers would crash and the balances woudl disappear... crazy
Originally Posted by btb375
Live every day. Be happy.
Tell those you love, everyday that you love them.
If it is the last day, don't have regrets

Do one thing every day that makes you happy

Shoot man, I do that every day.

Originally Posted by DocRocket

Naw. That's when the Mayans will unveil their NEW calendar. On sale at amazon.com in time for Christmas!
laugh

grin
Originally Posted by DocRocket

laugh

The Stoneworkers and Masons Union just landed a contract with the Mayans. They're adding to the rock to make room to extend the world for another 100 years.
Jesus thought the world was going to end about 2,000 years ago, he was wrong. Than again, I guess it did end for him.
Looked up the track record of this "Preacher". Seems he foretold the end a few years back...date came and went.
Ooops... laugh

Ed
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

just locally we lost a 40 yr old man in a car crash and his 14 yr old son is on life support in anc

nuther little pretty thang i know, 33 yrs old checked into the hospital for pneumonia died of heart failure, left a precious little girl behind, last i knew the daddy has/had a drug problem. if that's accurate hope he can man up

life is precious but the reaper has his eye upon each of us

our world is gonna end, it's what we do while waiting that matters

wake up well rested and fight the good fight, but for all that's dear, kiss those you love before you turn off your light

Exactly, Randy. Exactly.
Rock Chuck,

No one knows for sure,

I know for sure. God says he is sending two prophets who will profesy for 3 1/2 years. These two prophets will be killed by the anti-christ.
Originally Posted by Ringman
Rock Chuck,

No one knows for sure,

I know for sure. God says he is sending two prophets who will profesy for 3 1/2 years. These two prophets will be killed by the anti-christ.

Got a date for that? I don't and you don't either. No one knows for sure. It's the when no one knows, not the what.
Boggy Creek Ranger,

Take a look at Matthew 24:35 and following. You will see he is talking about the end of the world which has to come after the the thousand year reign of Jesus right here on earth. It's like Jesus inserted a paranthetical statement when He said Heaven and earth will pass away but no one knows when.
bladesofglory,

Whenever it is that they are saying:'Peace and security!' then sudden destrustion is to be instantly upon them just as the pang of distress upon a pregnant woman; and they willby no means escape." 1Thess.5:3

Take a look at the Very Next Verse. You will see we are not ignorant when He is coming if we study His Word.
Jesus thought the world was going to end about 2,000 years ago, he was wrong. Than again, I guess it did end for him.

The most document fact of history, based on legal historical evidence, is the resurection of Jesus. Legal historical evidence is what the world uses to beleive in Cesar, George Washington, Plato etc., etc. In fact it is what is used for you to get your vacation at work.
Oh Boy....
Wrongman, discussing "legal historical evidence"...

Classic.
Originally Posted By: Ringman
Rock Chuck,

Quote:
No one knows for sure,

Got a date for that? I don't and you don't either. No one knows for sure. It's the when no one knows, not the what.

I was responding to the statement that it would end May 21.
[Linked Image]
I'm selling end of the world insurance. For just $1,000 you'll get $1,000,000 back if the world ends on May 21, 2011. If you are not sure you can also take out a credit swap on Wall Street as a hedge.

Any takers?
Posted By: Gus Re: Will the world end on May 21? - 03/07/11
what a punch card game this would make. pay a dollar and pick a number. 7 billion people paying a mere 1 dollar each could do so much good in such a bet.

according to our Gregorian Calendar, it is Gregorian, isn't it?
someone with great skill, luck, and idiocy, has picked a date for the end to occur. of course, they could be correct, but the odds would be highly against it.

and we're so close to free sailin' for the human race. it could occur as early as 2050, even sooner. grin
Posted By: Teal Re: Will the world end on May 21? - 03/07/11
No - Marty McFly went to 2015 so we know the world lasts that long at least.
Oh yeah it will....take it to the bank!
Originally Posted by Ringman
Boggy Creek Ranger,

Take a look at Matthew 24:35 and following. You will see he is talking about the end of the world which has to come after the the thousand year reign of Jesus right here on earth. It's like Jesus inserted a paranthetical statement when He said Heaven and earth will pass away but no one knows when.

Ringman I will bend my general self imposed prohibition against engaging in internet religious debate only because you adressed me directly. With the sad example of CATCF firmly in mind I will say this.

With all due respect I believe you are totally wrong. Nowhere in scripture can you find a single statment that The Christ will ever return and set foot on this earth again. The nearest you can come is a passage (disputed) in Revelation. To account for a supposed thousand year reign on this earth you must say that The Christ failed in his mission when he was here. I submit to you that he did not. He did exactly what he intended to do which was establish his ekklesia (translated church) sealed by his self sacrice as the perfect sacrifice for all sin.

This he did and his ekklesia is established. It has nothing at all to do with what name is on the sign out front of the building. There is no such thing as corporate salvation. He isn't coming back to sit on some supposed throne on a cleaned up earth.

He is waiting, as are we all, for the end of time. No one knows when that will be and we are quite adequately warned not to look for or mistake any so called signs and wonders as portents of the end.

Again, I will not engage in internet religious debate. I believe what I believe with what is for me fully adequate conviction. I will certainly grant you the same conviction in your belief.

You are certainly scripturely literate and you can look up the appropriate referenced yourself.

I wish you well.

BCR
Originally Posted by elkhunter76

BCR

Yep...in the blink of an eye. Always amazes me people beleive the false prophets and follow them to death.

Yep. Thing is this gut thinks he knows when the eye will blink.

People who read the whole book don't make stupid comments like this guy does.
i guess shed hunting season will be a bit shorter than usual this year
Originally Posted by isaac
Oh yeah it will....take it to the bank!

WE ar fargin' doomed now.... grin
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
No one knows for sure, but my guess is no. However, some people out there are getting prepared. Someone at CNN must have had a slow weekend to write this much, too long to post here.
END OF THE WORLD
Anyone who claims to know the day or the hour of his return is deceived. Bible says so. Just assume that it's in one hour and you'll be fine regardless of when he comes.
does anybody know if this is true? if so i am gonna take my hunting application money and spend it on hookers.
Originally Posted by derby_dude

When you make a comment, it helps others if it's true or mostly so, not just another off-the-cuff comment without any basis in fact. It also helps if you know something of the subject about which you make your so-factual proclamation.
Nowhere in scripture can you find a single statment that The Christ will ever return and set foot on this earth again. The nearest you can come is a passage (disputed) in Revelation.

"On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the mountain moving north and half moving south. " (Zechariah 14:4, NIV)
Originally Posted by Plinker
Nowhere in scripture can you find a single statment that The Christ will ever return and set foot on this earth again. The nearest you can come is a passage (disputed) in Revelation.

"On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the mountain moving north and half moving south. " (Zechariah 14:4, NIV)

Acts 1:10 They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them.
11 "Men of Galilee," they said, "why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven."

History is actually quite kind to these retards. Millerites, or followers of some guy named Miller, were suckered into believing the world would end sometime in the 1840's. When it didn't, most cussed him out and went home I suspect. The ones that stayed, well, they started the Seventh Day Adventist Church. Lots of examples of that in history.
2legit2quit said

I remember an evangelist who came to our church in the 70's had a light blinking every 3 seconds during his sermon. He said that "Every time this light blinks, a soul has gone out into eternity".

Just looked it up online, according to one source, 1.8 people die every second somewhere in this world. If May 21, 2011 is a normal day, that figures out to a little more than 155,000 people will die that day.
© 24hourcampfire