Home
There is a rumor floating around on the wind there could be a special Campfire guest staying on our farm in August.

In case that rumor is true how about a Washington and points beyond get together here in August. We could have a real campfire with real smoke, couple of charcoal grills going, and maybe a Dutch oven or two over the coals. Second or third Saturday sound good?
I should be able to make it! Scott, that 1911 is nice but the .45 revolver looked way cooler on the book. wink .02
I will definitely make every effort to be there!
The 45 LC went back to my nephew. He has some stupid idea about how he should have it just because he bought it. frown

The 1911 now lives there when it is not inside my waistband. Thought I should change the picture just to be honest. grin
If I'm in town I would love to make the drive North!
That is exactly why I added the points beyond line. Would be great if you could make it.
Originally Posted by Scott F
1911 went back to my nephew. He has some stupid idea about how he should have it just because he bought it. frown

The 1911 now lives there when it is not inside my waistband. Thought I should change the picture just to be honest. grin

Huh?

Translation, please...
I wish I could make it.

But I am stuck in California.
Originally Posted by Winnie1300
I wish I could make it.

But I am stuck in California.

Got a truck?
Nope.

The extra one that is sitting around is not street legal. The others need parts or being used daily.

Now if you would give me a ride I would come.

grin
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
1911 went back to my nephew. He has some stupid idea about how he should have it just because he bought it. frown

Huh?

Translation, please...

I think he meant the revolver went back to the nephew and was replaced by the 1911.
Sorry, I don't do the PRK.

Ya might want to fix one of those trucks for yourself, you know.
I'll try to be there
Won't be able to make this one, given the timing.

Originally Posted by Waders

Huh?

Translation, please...

I think he meant the revolver went back to the nephew and was replaced by the 1911.

Yep! That is what happens when you let an old brain do your thinking. blush

Fixed it. grin
Ok, I'll go.

grin

I think between me and Waders, we can get Jimmyd223 there, too.
Any of y'all near Puyallup?

1/2 hour from Puyallup
Cool.

I'll make sure coyotewallace sees this thread. He might be interested, and is in Puyallup.
Scott.
This time going to be on a weekend so us working stiffs can go?
Scott Jean and I'll try and make it, but as you know it's such a long haul from our place to your place on West Uncus Road. smile
Yes it will. Last time was because that was when Okanogon could be here. This time a weekend for sure.
Originally Posted by W7ACT
Scott Jean and I'll try and make it, but as you know it's such a long haul from our place to your place on West Uncus Road. smile

Try, Archie, try. grin

I can draw you a map of lend you a GPS.
Yep, count me interested. Some dates are already booked for me in August but if I can I'll be there.

Yep, do a map and show folks who might be coming from down Lilliwap and Duckabush or Hamma Hamma way as well as those of us coming from the west. I'll start from my usual haunt over by Kitchen Dick Road so I need a map on how to get past Jimmy Come Lately Creek and Chicken Coop Road to West Uncas.

All those interchanges and offramps get confusing out in your country. laugh

We do our best to confuse everybody we can.
Might be able to make it from Wenatchee. Seems like a good enough reason to fire up the bike for a ride over the mountains.
Like you really NEED a reason to fire up the bike. wink
This is going to take ALOT of oysters, isn't it? cool
If you'll have me I'll be there. Any excuse to travel is a good excuse.
I can be there sounds like a good a good reason to drive up hood canal!

Don't need a GPS, got a couple of them of them, but the map would be a good thing as we wouldn't want Bullet Butt, Okanagan, or Waders to get lost.

Waders might get confused an take a left at either the Duckabush or the Dosewallips

Waders might get confused an take a left at either the Duckabush or the Dosewallips

No chance! I can find West Uncas Road in my sleep!
Scott F

Ifin you let people from down Portland area join you might be able to make it. Could Possibly give somebody a lift.
Tried to get one going down here but never got of the ground. Keep me posted.
Cheer NC
All who want to come are welcome. We need to decide on a date. Ant ideas?
Saturday, July 30.

And regardless of the date, I think we should have a bowling pin shoot. We can knock together a couple 4' x 8' tables outta full sheets of plywood, and I just happen to own a bunch of pins. Everybody can bring their handguns and smart remarks & we'll give it a go!

Oops, just saw the original suggestion for the 2nd or 3rd weekend in August. Either of those dates works for me (I think).
Originally Posted by JBabcock
I can be there sounds like a good a good reason to drive up hood canal!

Is it on/near Hood Canal?

Scott After keeping up on the Bee Keeping story sure do look forward to meeting you at the get together. Hope it works out for every one. As far as dates doesn't mater to me as I am what you would call unemployed(retired). Cheers NC

Oops, just saw the original suggestion for the 2nd or 3rd weekend in August. Either of those dates works for me (I think).

Right now the first two weekends in Aug. are open for me, as is July 30.
Let's try the first weekend in August.

A pin shoot might be fun. There is a good place to shoot about a mile from here.

The farm is at the end of Discovery Bay. Coming from the south you would go up I5 to exit 104. That is Hwy 101 and it goes along the western side of Hood Canal. The farm is just off Hwy 101.

Google map 1463 West Uncas Rd. Port Townsend, WA 98368.

I will sure be there if I can. I happen to know that Waders has been practicing on his bowling pins. smile

Originally Posted by WaSkinner
I will sure be there if I can. I happen to know that Waders has been practicing on his bowling pins. smile

But he hasn't shot against me and my 870 grin
Jeff , It's close to Hood Canal.
We need to get a date pinned down so I can keep thet weekend clear.
Thanks. We are up at Hood Canal several times a summer. Firm up a date and I'll try to steer things towards being up there then...
Bowling pins would be fun, I'll have a 45 by then.
Originally Posted by Jamie
Jeff , It's close to Hood Canal.
We need to get a date pinned down so I can keep thet weekend clear.

You've got that right as I've got three get togethers going in late July and/or August, but I'm not sure of the dates on two of them the third one is on the Labor Day Weekend. On one of them I may be on the Board of Directors and it's in Moses Lake on August 14 and I have no way of getting out of it. The third weekend would work out the best for me.
Lets shoot for the first weekend in August.
I happen to know that Waders has been practicing on his bowling pins. smile

Actually...I haven't shot one of my pins, even once. I've shot at the local club about 5 or 6 times, but that's it.

I have a feeling, based on our discussions, that YOU are the ringer we all need to watch!! grin
I picked up a new 45 today, by August I should have enough practice under my belt that I'll be able to shoot with you guys, without embarasing myself to bad.
Well, I will be sure to offer helpful comments from behind the firing line while you're trying to shoot!
After living up there in the 80s, we have kids/grandkids in Seattle area and north of Everett - would LOVE to be able to get up there at the right time and meet you all during the gathering.

But, about the title of this thread - might it not be better stated "Western Washington WET Together"?
Well, I will be sure to offer helpful comments from behind the firing line while you're trying to shoot!

With my crappy hearing and ear protection, you can talk all you want, I wont hear any of it.
Originally Posted by Okanagan
I'll start from my usual haunt over by Kitchen Dick Road so I need a map on how to get past Jimmy Come Lately Creek and Chicken Coop Road to West Uncas.

All those interchanges and offramps get confusing out in your country. laugh

So I go west to Humptulips and then take a Right? smile
I am thinking about a tentative date of August 6th. How does that sound?

We will have a special Campfire member as a surprise.
The 6'th sounds good to me.
I just looked at the calander here on the fire, there are birthdays shown on there every day, I guess the campfire has grown.
I think it's fine with me.
Practiced tonight.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We will be ready for you.
Damn....

I SO want to make this one.

Timing is just very wrong.
We will do it again when you are the mystery guest.
If y'all let me show up I would love to come, heck, I'll even bring the beer!
I ain't gonna be no danged mystery nothin'.... wink
All are welcome who are willing to show up.
I ain't gonna be no danged mystery nothin'.... wink

I imagine you will draw a crowd. I may have to make a bigger fore ring. grin
I'll either draw one, or send one packing.... wink

My friend, I will be stopping by your place sometime in the near future.

Looking forward to it.
So are we.
I think Allen West might be there? wink
I wish!
Scott The 6th of Aug. looks ok to me. What should I consider bringing to the party. maybe a big pot of chilli? Cheers NC
Bring what you like or just show up. I plan to have the campfire and both grill fired up.

Scott
Is it on for the 1st weekend in in Aug? Haven't seen anything more about get together, just wondering as I thing most need to plan ahead. Are you thinking of Sat. and Sunday or just one day , wondering just what you had envisioned or planned for. Cheers NC
I am thinking the 6th and so far there have been no replies making that a bad day. We have room to camp so those coming from afar could spend the night. I could help with obtaining local lodging for those who need it. We are friends with the closest motel. http://www.valleyviewmotel.com/
6th could work; we were just at the Canal this weekend, and usually go up again in early August. It's gonna tie in to other family scheduling for me, unfortunately.
I would like to sticky this but don't know how.
Rick does that. But we can bump it up!
send Rick a PM,I bet he'll make it sticky
send Rick a PM,I bet he'll make it sticky

I did, he didn't.

I am thinking about a menu starting with Lamb kabobs on the grill. Wonder if it is two early to get a count.
I sent Rick a PM too a couple of days ago, it shows unread by Rick.
He has not read mine either. Must be busy.
bump to the front page
BUMP

Just to keep this thread open. Looking forward to see you al at Scott's place.
Thanks for the bump. wink
As people RSVP, please state whether you'd like to shoot bowling pins. If folks aren't interested, we'll just skip it.

So far, I am a GO. Looking forward to it!
I'm bringing the 45 along, pins would be fun but I'm just as happy shooting at pop cans. Targets dont matter, I can miss just about anything.
I'm bringing the 45 along, pins would be fun but I'm just as happy shooting at pop cans. Targets dont matter, I can miss just about anything.

Pins would be fun. I am open.
Same here I'm open also and I'll bring my 45 also. It might be fun to see how bad a shot I am. On Second thought you might want to bring the Barn Door maybe I can hit it.
Do we have a definitive date? I won't be able to make it if it's the 9th. I'd like to meet some of you characters. If I go I'll bring the 1911.
I can hit the barn for sure..........as long as I'm standing inside.
I have a 45 colt that will come along.

I have wanted to visit Scotts place for a while, count me in.

Thanks as well Scott for the hospitality. Very generous of you and much appreciated!
Haven't been around much lately...
just saw this and sure would like to make it.
I need to visit my kids in California... maybe I can push back the trip and make both...hmmmm

Gonna call the princess and her hubby and see what is good.

This might work and sure would be worth while.

8-6-2011
Originally Posted by bcolorado
Haven't been around much lately...
just saw this and sure would like to make it.
I need to visit my kids in California... maybe I can push back the trip and make both...hmmmm

Gonna call the princess and her hubby and see what is good.

This might work and sure would be worth while.

That would be great!
Sounds like fun, I'll bring my new Kahr. Scott, maybe we should get a list of stuff to bring?
Right now is would be just yourself, any thing you want to use for the pins and bullets to feed it. I will be grilling and have the bulk of the food covered.
Bump to the front page.
As people RSVP, please state whether you'd like to shoot bowling pins. If folks aren't interested, we'll just skip it.

So far, I am a GO. Looking forward to it!

Ditto to all above. The date is open for me though it is getting crowded. If there, shooting pins sounds good, though would need to shoot somebody else's handgun.

I will have to make a final committment on being there or not a little closer to the event.

I was in Port Gamble with grandkids for the Civil War reenactment last weekend. Having grandkids near to you is always an additional draw to entice me down to your part of the world.

Okanagan.
We wont be shooting pins at the same time so I'll share.
Okanagan.
We wont be shooting pins at the same time so I'll share.

Thank you! smile

I have a 1911 to share too.

Thank you. Loan me one that guarantees me to beat Wade, that's all I ask. whistle

Thank you. Loan me one that guarantees me to beat Wade, that's all I ask. whistle

Good luck with that, Wade won last weeks pin shoot and that wasnt becuse everyone else sucked.
Sounds like fun. Since its after July23, and given I am not out fishing, would there be any interest in bringing class 3 toys? I have a couple of cans, 9mm, .223, 22lr.

Just checking

Good luck with that, Wade won last weeks pin shoot and that wasnt becuse everyone else sucked.

You can use mine and we will race for last place. grin
Originally Posted by jbuck
Sounds like fun. Since its after July23, and given I am not out fishing, would there be any interest in bringing class 3 toys? I have a couple of cans, 9mm, .223, 22lr.

Just checking

Cans are fun. Now that we can use one in WA I think it would be fun. Saw Kimber with a can this weekend in a gun store. Looked like fun but would be tricky to carry.

You can use mine and we will race for last place. grin

Oh great. Now I am labeled as a ringer. I can assure you that my prowess with a pistol is very average at best. Sometimes I can string a few good shots together, but it's not the norm. Unfortunately, I'll prove that at the get-together!
I was down at the range punching holes in paper this morrning.
The last time I shot targets was with the sights, this time I had the laser on and was useing it, all my shots were 4" right and 2" high. I sighted in the laser with factory ammo and never checked it with my hand loads. I used the laser at the bowling pin shoot, now I have a exuse for why I was missing grin
The laser is right on now so any missing is all me.

Oh great. Now I am labeled as a ringer. I can assure you that my prowess with a pistol is very average at best. Sometimes I can string a few good shots together, but it's not the norm. Unfortunately, I'll prove that at the get-together!

I will lead the race for last place. Been practicing my excuses for missing. Lunar flairs are my best excuse. The do real tricky things with both gravity and lead magnetic fluxes. The usually only occur when I pull a trigger.
I might as well throw my Citadel into the mix too. For anyone who wants to use it. I might even throw in my two Rugers in one is a 10/22 and the other is a .223 if you want me to bring brihg them.
BUMP
We'll need a table or two for shooting pins. Does anybody have a couple 4x8 sheets of plywood or OSB lying around that they could turn into shooting tables? The tables don't have to be braced at all--there will be no weight on them (other than 5 bowling pins) and no torque or racking. Some 4 foot 2x4 legs would work just fine.

If nobody has anything that would work, I could go buy some materials, but I thought I'd ask first.
Can I come? Looks like I will be underemployed at about that time. And, I totally SUCK with a handgun!
Well of course you can come! And for the "totally SUCK with a handgun" comment, let me be the first to call you out as a total sandbagger!! smile You are going to show up with some tricked-out race gun and casually say, "Hey, why don't we each put up 100 bucks on this--you know, just to make it interesting..." Have you no shame man?!
Shame? ME???? surely you JEST! No race guns here, just my barely broke in Kimber Pro Carry shootin factory hardball 230's.

Probably will rumble up on my KLR650 to save fuel and moola.

Will double check the date to make sure I don't have a quartet engagement that weekend.
Originally Posted by safariman
Shame? ME???? surely you JEST! No race guns here, just my barely broke in Kimber Pro Carry shootin factory hardball 230's.

Probably will rumble up on my KLR650 to save fuel and moola.

Will double check the date to make sure I don't have a quartet engagement that weekend.

Bring the quartet!

Hmmmmm.... How many here would like to top off the day with an evening concert by the Stateline Quartet? Southern Gospel, much like the Oak Ridge Boys and Statler Brothers. A bit more energy than those two groupls, however. I can sure ask them if ya'll want me to try. Would need housing for the guys, perhaps.

Is August 6th the final settled on date?

Scott count me in if God willing and creek don't rise I will be there. Cheers NC
Aug 6th is the date.
Wade I check at work today, no plywood. If you end up buying wood to build tables, I'm good for half the cost. I'll probably shoot them anyway.
I have some left over from my house. that I could drop off somewhere. I am out west of Port Angeles, but next time I head to seattle I can swing by and drop it off somewhere.
With the bunch of wannabe gunfighter types this site attracts, we will be lucky if the tables last through three shooters! Heck, I am COUNTING on making some splinters! smile

BTW, aren't I SUPPOSED to shut my eyes just as I pull the trigger on my 45??

Yeah pretty sure that is how it is suppose to work. Bonus points if you are facing the right direction when pulling the trigger.
Originally Posted by jbuck
I have some left over from my house. that I could drop off somewhere. I am out west of Port Angeles, but next time I head to seattle I can swing by and drop it off somewhere.

You could drop it of at the farm in Discovery bay of better you you could show up on the 6th and join us.

BTW, aren't I SUPPOSED to shut my eyes just as I pull the trigger on my 45??

That is the safest way. You can't get smoke in your eyes if they are shut. Only way I shoot and my scores will prove it.
I will try, but I am a fisherman and unsure if I will be busy or not. I don't want to commit and screw anybody up. So I would like to drop it off with someone that is going for sure.
jbuck,

If you're coming to the get-together, you can just bring it with you. Otherwise, if you're close enough to Scott's house, maybe he can give you directions for a drop-off there.

In addition to the 2 sheets of plywood, we need 6 eight-foot 2x4's for legs and basic bracing. Can anyone help there?
We are Compass Rose Farms
1463 West Uncas Rd

Just turn right at the Discovery Bay store. we are on the left with the big green mailbox that has the eggs sign underneath. Drop it off and time and thanks.
Wow, Scott and I were typing at the same time and had the same idea!
I have some rough milled spruce that I have left over to.

It is all 2x6''-12'' if you think it will work better for the tops I can bring it instead. I can also throw a few pieces in for the legs if you guys want.

Let me know

[Linked Image]
Why didnt anybody tell me about the whole closeing your eyes when shooting 45's at bowling pins. No wonder I couldnt hit anything at last night shoot. I'll have to try again next week but this time when the range officer says fire, I'll close my eyes.
The tables don't have to be strong. Using the spruce for tops would be overkill, but it would work fine for legs. I just hate to waste that beautiful wood on a disposable table that will get shot...
Why didnt anybody tell me about the whole closeing your eyes when shooting 45's at bowling pins.

I didn't say anything, because I thought you already knew! You actually had your eyes open? Dang! What was that like?

You gotta use The Force...
The tables don't have to be strong. Using the spruce for tops would be overkill, but it would work fine for legs. I just hate to waste that beautiful wood on a disposable table that will get shot...

Sounds good I'll throw a few pieces in with the sheeting then.
Wade, what else do you need? I'll bring a cordless drill and a bunch of screws. I already put a pick from my job shack into my work truck so I cant forget it for leveling a table, I'll bring a 2' level.
If Scott has a power saw (table saw or circular), we're good. Otherwise we'll need to bring one. I'll bring a cordless drill too, just to be safe.

When we're done shooting, Scott can have the option of putting the tables in his shop or greenhouse, or burning them in his fire pit!
Have saws and no, the tables will not see the fire pit.
If you want let me know and I'll throw my gas Generator in the back of rhe P/U so we can have power for the power tools at the build site. It'll take all of twenty minutes to get down there.
Heres a picture of a table for shooting bowling pins.
[Linked Image]
A pin that was hit but not knocked off the table.
[Linked Image]
Ya think a bunch of 24HCF guys can build one of these out of wood?
Wow those pictures came out dark.
I am betting we can get something built. Is there a place to find a drawing. If I have something to work with I just might have a couple done before anyone gets here.
I dont know about a drawing but I'll be down practiceing this weekend and can get measurments
I dont know about a drawing but I'll be down practiceing this weekend and can get measurments

If you can sketch something up I will see what I can do.
I can do that.
You want to build a 2-tier table? I was planning on just putting legs under a 4x8 sheet of plywood. (The club competition used to be shot off such tables. You just line up 5 pins in a row.) If you want to do 2-tiers, you will need to amend the list of materials.

One tier tables might be preferable in that they will be eeeaaaasy to build, and, after we're done, Scott can put them to some practical use. But, if you guys want to knock together some "official" tables, I'm behind you 100%!

[Linked Image]

Wow, now there's a handsome devil!
I'll be down practicing this weekend and can get measurments

Don't forget that the range will be closed from about 10am-12pm on Saturday so that we can dig up all the lead out of the pits and take it to the scrap metal buyer.

Edited to add: When I say "closed" I mean closed to shooting. If you show up, you'll be invited in and then put to work! smile
You want to build a 2-tier table? I was planning on just putting legs under a 4x8 sheet of plywood. (The club competition used to be shot off such tables. You just line up 5 pins in a row.) If you want to do 2-tiers, you will need to amend the list of materials.

One tier tables might be preferable in that they will be eeeaaaasy to build, and, after we're done, Scott can put them to some practical use. But, if you guys want to knock together some "official" tables, I'm behind you 100%!

I have the material. How many sheets do you want? Or do you just rip a 4x8 into 2 2x8 pieces?

Let me know if you want four sheets I got it.

Waders I could probably cut legs for one table, don't think I have enough 2x4's for two tables but will check tomorrow & let you know. Cheers NC & I probably won't even be shooting
I will not be able to be there. That is the weekend of the Washington state championship for cowboy action shooting. Wish I could be in two places.

Wade, We will have to pin shoot some other time. I would like to.

I would be happy to loan you a couple of 1911's and spare clips for the pin shoot. They do have non battery sights. smile I could even deliver to your office.

Bill
i will still be on this field trip so i wont make it... unless i get one of those special rides back to landstul on a stretcher, but even then i don't think i would make it lol.
As far as the tables go I think keeping it simple would be best. 4' leggs and a 4'X8' top.
Wade thatnks for the reminder that the range will be closed Sat.
I'll be down visiting my grampa on Sat, try to shoot early Sun. morrning.
Agreed, Jamie. 2 tables with a 4'x8' top and 4' legs made out of 2"x4"--or anything close to 2"x4".

I would be happy to loan you a couple of 1911's and spare clips for the pin shoot. They do have non battery sights. smile I could even deliver to your office.

Dang, that's a heck of an offer! But...I am always hesitant to borrow a firearm--especially if somebody else is going to shoot it! It freaks me out to even think about it!

I wish that you could make it to the event and show us all how it's done! But, we'll get together at some point and shoot. The club in Centralia is still having Pin Shoots every Wednesday night at 7pm if you want to come join us!
I understand your hesitancy. All that schooling you got pays off to protect us.

I am trying to work toward more matches this year. I will get down to Centralia for a pin shoot soon.
Bump back to the front page.
Only a couple more weeks. Scott is there anything you'd like me to bring.
Only a couple more weeks. Scott is there anything you'd like me to bring.

Can't think of anything right now. Will let you know if I do.
Y'all suck....
I do try hard. grin

The door is still open.
Yeah.....
VA, rumor is you're thinking of moving out here?
No rumor.

We are.

In the spring.

Eastern WA; dry side.
Good for you! that is exciting.

East side all the way.
Scott,

Did you get enough materials for a couple 4 ft tall 4'x8' tables?
Not seen anything show up yet.
Well, maybe I will be prepared with a back-up plan, just in case.
Might be a good idea.
Will try and make it. Can bring antelope sausage, elk steaks, burgers
Tom
I plan to do kabobs on the grill. Have two Brinkmans se we will have lots of grill space.
If the surprise guest is still going to make it I might just try and make it over to Marestone Island and see if I can pickup a sack of little neck steamers for the get together from Bruce Johnson as the mystry guest made a statment that they had never them before on another thread.
I am not the mystery guest, but I would like to try one of those myself!

Looking really good for me to be able to come. Getting kinda excited about the idea, actually.

Scott, got room on your place for me to park my 26ft camping trailer for a night or two?

Anyone over there care to invite me to thier Church for Sunday Morning? After hangin out with YOU miscreants I am gonna feel a great need to pray and repent, get cleansed and all, ya know smile

PS besides my Kimber 45 and my happy self, what can I bring? Anyone care to touch off the 416 Elephant Killer?
BTT

Elephant rifle shoot, anyone?
Hay should be cut by then and that means you could have around ten acres to park in.
If the surprise guest is still going to make it I might just try and make it over to Marestone Island and see if I can pickup a sack of little neck steamers for the get together from Bruce Johnson as the mystry guest made a statment that they had never them before on another thread.

Mistory quest is still on for now.
The mystery guest sounds a LOT like a Kalifornian....
Elephant rifle shoot, anyone?

I just checked my health insurance policy and it doesn't cover detached retinas due to recoil. But...bring it along, I'll try it once!

Not exactly. A couple miles is two directions from California.

Not exactly. A couple miles is two directions from California.

Translation?
Different latitude and longitude. I thought you knew the ID of the mystery guest.
Different latitude and longitude. I thought you knew the ID of the mystery guest.

I guessed at a Kalifornian. Figured y'all might had been able to rope RickBin into it.

Reckon not.
Good guess but not right. Rick would be more than just welcome but has not expressed a desire to come as far as I know.
Looks like we have plenty of main courses being brought. We will have two grills and a campfire with several Dutch ovens. We will also provide a reasonably fresh green salad, being as how we grow salad greens here it will probably be picked less than an hour before eating. Those who want to bring something can bring a side dish.

Some will be showing up Friday and staying through Sunday. There is camping available so let me know.
Good yakkin ya up on the phone a bit ago. I will be bringing my camp trailer and a generator.
Great. Looking forward to it.
Have contracted for 20 pounds of little necked steamers from a local contracter, will pick them up on the morning of the sixth before coming down to Scott's.
I am thinking no one will go home hungry! grin
Scott,

I just discovered this thread, but can't seem to get through all 19 pages!

PM me info and I'll try to make it.

I'm up that way a lot (have folks in Sequim that work for me).
safariman.
Will you be running your generator all night? I need pwr to run my CPAP other wise I will need to go to a motel for the night. Thanks. Cheers NC
I could do that. It is a very quiet yet powerful Onan 5500.
i would love to come ,just found thread ,but it would have to be rain days weekend for me,have already lost a month of work due ,to rain can't take dry days off,,16 hour drive,one way :(sounds like a lot of fun,can't pack the guns accross border on short notice though,,

I'll have to check the weatherman,,and the weather girl[wife]
It would be great to see you if you can make it. There will be several staying for the weekend. You could bring the wife and a tent.
Scott, any plans for shooting? Any long range spots (like clearcuts on BLM or NF land) nearby?
Where are you guys meeting??
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Scott, any plans for shooting? Any long range spots (like clearcuts on BLM or NF land) nearby?

Looks like a pin shoot and maybe an elephant gun for those bold enough to give it a try. Got some land near by to shoot.
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Where are you guys meeting??

My place, near Port Townsend just off Hwy 101 in Discovery Bay.
8-6-2011

Figures, I'll be in seaside with the family then. You guys have fun frown. I'd love to meet some of the campfire members, maybe another time.....I'd love to do some long range shooting with some of you guys too grin
Not the last time I will host a get together. Could become an annual thing.
Sorry to sound like i'm inviting myself. I was talking to someone from washington a while back and he said I was more than welcome (just can't remember who it was blush). Anyway, I'd love to meet some of you guys.
Too bad I will be leaving tomorrow for Osoyoos then on to Rock Creek, might have been fun to drop in on you all.
Hope you have a great time and good weather.
what ya doing in Rock Crick ,lived in Midway for 15 years??
Well, JimmyD223 went out and bought a stainless Wilson Combat 1911 just for the occasion. So watch out if you have to shoot against him in the Bowling Pin Tournament! (I wonder if my wife will let me spring for one? It worked for Jimmy...)
Good luck! grin
I am getting ready. Another two weeks and I will have enough loaded to get at least one bowling pin. Well maybe if I get lucky. grin

[Linked Image]
Scott,

This looks like a lot of fun and I wish I could make it, We are busy that weekend with my Class reunion on Saturday and my dads Birthday on Sunday.

Damn I was looking forward to this. I guess I'll catch you guys next time.
There will be a next time. Sorry you can't make this one.
I am getting ready. Another two weeks and I will have enough loaded to get at least one bowling pin. Well maybe if I get lucky. grin

[Linked Image]

WOW nice loading blocks grin grin grin grin grin Hell, even a blind ol' fart can see 10 rows of 5
Originally Posted by jimmyd223

WOW nice loading blocks grin grin grin grin grin Hell, even a blind ol' fart can see 10 rows of 5

...11 holes too many...
Well, JimmyD223 went out and bought a stainless Wilson Combat 1911 just for the occasion. So watch out if you have to shoot against him in the Bowling Pin Tournament! (I wonder if my wife will let me spring for one? It worked for Jimmy...)

Darn that almost makes me feel guilty showing up with my cheap Citadel 1911, but I'm just a Poor Boy and Waders if you wife is anything like my wife a snowball in hell would stand a better chance of surviving than my getting a stainless Wilson Combat 1911!
Surprised you boys haven't learned yet the FIRST lesson on happiness in marriage for a gun looney.

"Tis far easier to get FORGIVNESS than it is to get PERMISSION"

Take that one with you as you go.

See ya'll in about 12 days!
I'm hoping the kids don't mind their trust funds being a tad lighter grin grin Ha!! by the time they find out I'll just be a pile of ashes grin grin
Did you say Trust fund? DADDY!!! smile smile
Anybody going to be near Bellevue in the next couple days? I can get a couple cheap folding tables to use as target stands for our bowling pin shoot, but I need somebody to pick them up! Help!
Is this on for the 6th, and is it to late to RSVP?
JBabcock, yes it is the 6th and you can PM ScottF for directions.
Directions to the Washington get together are if you are coming from the Hood Canal Bridge take HWY 104 to HWY 101 go North on HWY 101 toward Discovery Bay about a mile North of 101/104 intersection turn left on West Uncas Rd (if you pass a BPA Power Station on your Left you have gone to far North).

Once on West Uncus Road Compass Rose Farm is on your right about 3/10s of mile down the road on the West side of the stand of trees ands if you come to an gate with an arch over the gate you've gone to far turn around and go back to the first driveway on your left (about 200 feet).
Originally Posted by JBabcock
Is this on for the 6th, and is it to late to RSVP?

Yes it is and you would be welcome. Come on over.
Thanks Scott, yer just up the road a bit from me. I'll bring something along I found just up the hill from you! cool

Count me in!
GLAD to hear it! I have been wanting to meet you. One of the 'been there and done that' guys here as I see it.
Thanks, but I'm not to old to be doing it! whistle
I too am looking forward to seeing a face of all the names here. Thinking we could have a great time. Perhaps I should just call this the first annual NW get together.
Today is a GREAT day for ScottF
]RETIREMENT DAY
CONGRATS and may you enjoy it to the fullest
HAPPY RETIREMENT DAY!!! Great news, I know there have been a few tough times before getting here. Another good reason to Party on August 6th.
Congrats Scott.
Thanks guys. I am home and somewhat in shock. It will take a while for the stress to fade.

On to the next adventure. grin
Congrats!
Congratulations, so it's all over except for delivering the tractor to Haney's yard on Monday. Like I said if you need to follow you down to the yard bring you home call me.
Tractor wad delivered, keys and fuel cards turned in and paperwork sent off the Yakima. Bev was driving up from Oregon after taking care of her dad after his cataract surgery and pulled into the Tumawter yard five minutes after I was done. It is finished. I am done, officially retarded retired. grin
ScottF, I am so happy for you and your retirement, you earned it. I went through this 2 years ago this month mad of course mine was a forced retirement.
It has been a major adjustment going from a 6 day/90 hr workweek to ZERO grin
I know very well that gut feeling when you finally turn in the keys and fuel cards and final paperwork.
Hell, for several month's afterwards I would put my turn signal on every time I came to a weigh station in my oickup grin
Again, good luck and enjoy.
Hey Scott, sorry I haven't posted anything here after your gracious invitation to everyone here. I would love to hook up with the guys down there but unfortunately I have some work related projects for the next couple months that are going to keep me very busy and I will likely be on call over weekends. I am hoping that we have another one next year some time wherever because I think it would be fun to put faces to names and hear people say things that we know we cannot get away with online (if you know what I mean).

Have fun everyone! Maybe My elusive search for the right parcel up here will allow me to host some people in the future.
I am sorry you will not be able to make it. I am pretty sure there will be a next year.
Wife and I are down to the final planning. Headed out for paper plates and such. So, since it is just a week away can I get a head count. Need to know just how many we will be feeding and need to know how many will be arriving Friday and staying over until Sunday.

Thanks. I am really looking forward to this.
I'm there. And I have Jamie and Jimmyd223 riding with me.

So that brings the guest talley to: 4
Scott
I will be there for sat only and will be bringing some chili so will need some kind of bowls and spoons. Will need a pot to heat it in as will be frozen when I leave the House. Cheers NC
I'll be there Sat. for sure.

Look forward to finally making out to see you!
And just in case anybody wants to practice up for bowling pins, here is the format we'll be using:

-The match will be head-to-head, double elimination. The match is shot at a distance of 25 feet. Each shooter will have his own table of 5 pins, lined up in a single row, spaced 16 inches apart, 12 inches back on a 4'x8' table. The first shooter to knock all 5 of his pins to the ground will be the winner of that round.

-Shooters can bring three (3) magazines to the line, each loaded with no more than 8 rounds. If anybody is using a revolver, then all shooters with automatics will load no more than 6 rounds per magazine.

-The RO job will rotate so that everyone can shoot. Shooters will take all commands from the RO, except that any person can call for a "Cease Fire."

-The RO commands will be as follows:
1. Shooters to the line.
2. Load and make ready.
3. Ready on the left?
4. Ready on the right?
5. The line is ready.
6. Standby...
7. Fire.
[Shooters shoot the course of fire. Keep shooting until: All your pins go to the ground, or you run out of ammo, or you hear "Cease Fire."]
8. Cease fire, cease fire
9. Unload and clear all weapons
[Once both shooters have cleared their weapons, the RO will indicate that it's safe to go downrange and reset the pins.]

-At the command of "Load and make ready," shooters may insert a magazine, chamber the first round, take their gun off safe, and put their finger on the trigger. However, prior to the command of "Fire," shooters must keep their weapons pointed down at a 45 degree angle.

-The match will progress until only one person remains in the winner's bracket and one person in the loser's bracket. Those two then face off in the Final Match. The Final Match is the best 2 out of 3. (Even though the shooter coming into the Final Match from the loser's bracket has already lost once and the shooter from the winner's bracket has not, both will start with a clean slate in the Final Match.)

-The shooter who wins The Final Match, will formally be declared the "Most Exalted Ruler of the Free World" and will be referred to as "Your Grace" for the remainder of the get-together. OK, maybe not...but...he will be awarded the "Pin of Gunga Din." The "Pin of Gunga Din" will be a bowling pin (probably used and riddled with bullet holes), with the winner's name artfully inscribed on it with a magic marker. Following the winner's name, will be the phrase, "You're a better man than I, Gunga Din." All of the pathetic losers will then legibly sign their names on the "Pin of Gunga Din" so that the rest of the world may forever know who the winner beat into humiliated submission.

-The rest of the rules I will make up as I go, so that the competition will always be slanted in my favor.

Please feel free to ask any questions! See you on Saturday!

Two here Scott as I'm bringing the Clams.
I just got back from the range, so that when I go out on the first round, I won't look completely pathetic... blush
+1 around 6pm Saturday
Me, with another member who shall remain nameless until arrival, yet another "Mystery Guest" smile
Got the tables done for the Bowling Pin Shoot. I made arrangements to pick up Jimmyd at his place, and just need to get squared away with Jamie.

Scott, what time do you want us there?
Looking to be there Saturday
Think we should bring any trading fodder or for sale items to look over?

I don't have anything, but might be interested in stuff others have.
Trading around is always fun. Bring what ya got that is expendable and see what transpires.
I have a few things I could add the the swap list.
TRAFFIC ALERT!!! The Blue Angels are in town for Seafair weekend, anyone coming west bound I-90 there will be temporary closures on the I-90 Lake Washington bridge going into Seattle. Just plan your crossing for an hour in advance and you should be fine.

2011 - I-90 Seafair and Blue Angels Closures

The annual SEAFAIR festival begins when the SEAFAIR Pirates land the first week of July and ends with the Blue Angels flying over Lake Washington in a spectacular display of aeronautics. The Washington State Department of Transportation's (WSDOT) role is to make sure drivers and pilots are safe during the annual event.

The Federal Aviation Administration requires us to close Interstate 90 while the Blue Angels perform for the safety of both drivers and pilots.

Which roads and ramps will be closed?

Interstate 90 will be closed to all vehicles, pedestrians and cyclists, eastbound and westbound, mainline and express lanes, between Interstate 5 in Seattle to Island Crest Way on Mercer Island:

Thursday, Aug. 4: 9:45 a.m. - noon & 1:15 - 2:30 p.m., (Practice)
Friday, Aug. 5: 12:45 p.m. - 2:40 p.m., (Practice)
Saturday, Aug. 6: 12:45 p.m. - 2:40 p.m., (Full show)
Sunday, Aug. 7: 12:45 p.m. - 2:40 p.m., (Full show)
* The bridge will be closed to pedestrians and cyclists up to 30 minutes prior to posted closure times.

I-90 east of Mercer Island will NOT be closed during the performance, although drivers should note that heavy congestion during these closures often restricts access to the exits.

The I-90 express lanes will close at 9 a.m. on Thursday and at 10:45 a.m. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The lanes will reopen to eastbound traffic by 3:30 p.m. each day.
THANKS! I am going to come in on Friday night so should be OK.
Safariman

You may want to take HWY 18 west of North Bend to I-5 and go south on I-5 to HWY 16 cross the Tacoma Narrows Bridge and then North to Hood Canal Bridge. No Ferry Fare or Bridge Toll going west. It is cheaper than Paying Ferry Fare Pulling Travel Trailer. Just a suggestion as the Blue Angels arrive in Seattle on Tuesday or Wednesday and practice their routine on Thursday & Friday and they close I-90 both days during the practice times also.

That is the way I go when pulling my Travel Trailer.
Sure looking forward to meeting all of you. It's going to be a good time. I'm passing on the Flat Track National at Castle Rock just to come. That's saying something for me!
Safariman

You may want to take HWY 18 west of North Bend to I-5 and go south on I-5 to HWY 16 cross the Tacoma Narrows Bridge and then North to Hood Canal Bridge. No Ferry Fare or Bridge Toll going west. It is cheaper than Paying Ferry Fare Pulling Travel Trailer. Just a suggestion as the Blue Angels arrive in Seattle on Tuesday or Wednesday and practice their routine on Thursday & Friday and they close I-90 both days during the practice times also.

That is the way I go when pulling my Travel Trailer.

I/We will be coming over from Spokane, got any great ideas on the best route for that leg of the trip? Best way in? Where IS Discovery bay, anyway?
From Spokane I-90 to HWY 18 West of North Bend. HWY 18 to I-5, South on I-5 to HWY 16, HWY 16 to HWY 3 North on HWY 3 to HWY 104, HWY 104 across Hood Canal Bridge to HWY 101 North on HWY 101 about one mile turn left on West Uncas Road go about 3/10 of mile look for Blue Mail Box with the name Compass Rose on it your at Scott's place on your right.
Can do that. Be on the lookout for a bright yellow, lifted Chevy Avalanche pulling a 25 foot camping trailer Might be ridin a little low due to lots of armament and ammunition aboard smile
Picked up a new toy to try out.

[Linked Image]

38 Soopa. Should be fun.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Picked up a new toy to try out.

38 Soopa. Should Will be fun.

Fixed it for you!
"Will" be fun!

Yes indeed!
Wonder if my PMR30 would knock down any pins? Will be fun to give it a go.

MadMooner,NICE grab, does look like it wil be a hoot to shoot.
Everybody should bring a .22 pistol--we just move the pins to the back of the table. It's fun too!
The 22 pistol thing would be great. I just got a new 22 the other day just for pins. This will give us a chance to see what other cartridges will do to the pins, I've only seen them shot with 40's and 45's. I( might have to bring my 38sp just to see how hard it hits the pins.
Wade just give me a call and let me know what time to be ready Sat. and I'll be ready.
O.K. Jamie I'll throw my Buckmark in with a couple of hundred rounds.
I have an ancient Ruger single six. Should be fun.
Can I bring my 338? That way I'm guaranteed to hit at least one pin....
If J uses his 338, then I am using my Rigby! Or, my Benelli SBE.

Anyone have a mini gun or Ma Deuce for rent? smile
I'll bring a Ruger MKII. It looks like we'll have a couple of pin competitions!
I know for a fact that there will be a FN Browning Model 1903 in 7.65x17 at the Swap Meet for sale at the get together.

I saw it yesterday down at Scott's. It has Yugoslavia markings with two mags and in a covered leather holster.
And a large blue press.
Looks like I won't make it to the get together after all. I have a chance to hike and camp with grandsons next weekend, and much as I'd love to get together with you, choosing to go with grandsons is a no brainer.

Y'all have a good time!

We'll miss you but good call.
Some of my most cherished memories are of camping trips with my grandpa.
Looks like I won't make it to the get together after all. I have a chance to hike and camp with grandsons next weekend, and much as I'd love to get together with you, choosing to go with grandsons is a no brainer.

Y'all have a good time!

Darn, but Jamie's right--family first!
Looks like I'll make it .... If y'all will have me. Buddy bought a new Harley in Bellvue so I'm running him over there early Saturday morning .... So I guess I can get my butt kicked by a bowling pin or two.

Scott can I help with anything?

Can you send me some info on local hotels?

Thanx
Wade ... you still need a table picked up?
Not anymore, I just slapped a couple together out of OSB and 2x4's.

Thanks though!
Is it worth the coin to take the ferry? ... or just go south around tacoma??
Ifin yer coming from the Eastside of the state, the Seattle to Bainbridge is a viable option. Cool ride but whether it's faster or not depends on how long you sit at the Coleman Ferry Dock. Hard to beat the view though, and I take it sometimes just for that reason.
I would drive around. I90 to W 18 To I5 south to 16 west to 3 north to 104 west-Hood Canal Bridge. I am about a mile west of the 104/ 101 junction.

1463 West Uncas Rd
Fot those with GPS I am at N 47* 58.413, W 122*53.483
I didn't mentioned than when you land at Bainbridge, you've possibly just set foot on the most liberal land in Washington. Liberal haven is Bainbridge Island...
Again, wanting to rent a mini gun or similar. Is it legal to bait them with a rainbow colored Subaru blaring Chavez speaches?
When My wife in I moved here we doubled the number of conservatives it the county.
lol!
I think I loaded enough 45acp today to make it through Saterday.
[Linked Image]
While I'm posting pictures, heres the new 22.
[Linked Image]
I'm realy looking forward the this weekend.
what optic is on that 22A?
cheap red dot
What distance are these bowling pin shoots conducted??
25feet
I know 25' isn't very far and a bowling pin is a pretty large target but it's not as easy as it sounds.
It may not be far to you young guys who don't need bifocals but some of us can't even see twenty fife feet on a good day. That is why I have around 300 loaded up. I am praying I can get at least one knocked over.
Originally Posted by avagadro
What distance are these bowling pin shoots conducted??

Hey George,

I see that Jamie answered your question, but here are the rest of the rules in case you have others:

-The match will be head-to-head, double elimination. The match is shot at a distance of 25 feet. Each shooter will have his own table of 5 pins, lined up in a single row, spaced 16 inches apart, 12 inches back on a 4'x8' table. The first shooter to knock all 5 of his pins to the ground will be the winner of that round.

-Shooters can bring three (3) magazines to the line, each loaded with no more than 8 rounds. If anybody is using a revolver, then all shooters with automatics will load no more than 6 rounds per magazine.

-The RO job will rotate so that everyone can shoot. Shooters will take all commands from the RO, except that any person can call for a "Cease Fire."

-The RO commands will be as follows:
1. Shooters to the line.
2. Load and make ready.
3. Ready on the left?
4. Ready on the right?
5. The line is ready.
6. Standby...
7. Fire.
[Shooters shoot the course of fire. Keep shooting until: All your pins go to the ground, or you run out of ammo, or you hear "Cease Fire."]
8. Cease fire, cease fire
9. Unload and clear all weapons
[Once both shooters have cleared their weapons, the RO will indicate that it's safe to go downrange and reset the pins.]

-At the command of "Load and make ready," shooters may insert a magazine, chamber the first round, take their gun off safe, and put their finger on the trigger. However, prior to the command of "Fire," shooters must keep their weapons pointed down at a 45 degree angle.

-The match will progress until only one person remains in the winner's bracket and one person in the loser's bracket. Those two then face off in the Final Match. The Final Match is the best 2 out of 3. (Even though the shooter coming into the Final Match from the loser's bracket has already lost once and the shooter from the winner's bracket has not, both will start with a clean slate in the Final Match.)

-The shooter who wins The Final Match, will formally be declared the "Most Exalted Ruler of the Free World" and will be referred to as "Your Grace" for the remainder of the get-together. OK, maybe not...but...he will be awarded the "Pin of Gunga Din." The "Pin of Gunga Din" will be a bowling pin (probably used and riddled with bullet holes), with the winner's name artfully inscribed on it with a magic marker. Following the winner's name, will be the phrase, "You're a better man than I, Gunga Din." All of the pathetic losers will then legibly sign their names on the "Pin of Gunga Din" so that the rest of the world may forever know who the winner beat into humiliated submission.

-The rest of the rules I will make up as I go, so that the competition will always be slanted in my favor.

Please feel free to ask any questions! See you on Saturday!
I know 25' isn't very far and a bowling pin is a pretty large target but it's not as easy as it sounds.

Very true. You have to knock a pin to the ground. Just knocking it over but having it still on the table doesn't get you anything. In order to knock one to the ground, you have to hit it toward the center.

If you just knick one and it flops on the table, it becomes even harder to hit because it might settle with an end facing you--presenting a much smaller target. Even if you are lucky enough to have a broadside shot, on a horizontal pin, if you hit an end, all it does is spin! Very frustrating!

Pins are fun!
Sounds like I'll be signing my name on a pin .... smile

What times are most folks arriving? When do the festivities begin?
About how many rounds would be prudent to arrive with? What time does the shoot start?

I am heading out Saturday morning from the Gig Harbor area.

Please let me know if there is anything I can bring. Send me a PM or post it here.
I am bringing a couple hundred rounds. If that doesn't get me through the day I am having an unusually good day shooting. Not really expecting to get very far in one on one shootoffs. AM planning to have a whale of a good time, though.
Scott F and others who know how to cook and what we are having...

Anyone interested in me bringing some Duck Breast and or Goose Breast Fillets? Honkers and Greenheads, no sky carp. Also have some Mule Deer backstrap and steaks. If I am to bring them, then I should get them out today to start thawing them and will marinate en route to the party. Will have a 'fridge running in my Camp Trailer whilst travelling.

How about some Amarula Liquour from Africa, and maybe some Pendleton bourbon for after the guns are all put away? Mixed together on ice and we have what I call a "Zimabawe Zinger"

Who, if anyone, is bringing Beans or dessert stuff?

How about some Amarula Liquour from Africa, and maybe some Pendleton bourbon for after the guns are all put away?

I thought Gun and alcohol were an American tradition .... smile
safariman
I am bringing some spicy chili don't have any venison so am using beef. Hope every one likes it "hot". Cheers NC
I'll do a less than real hott chili .... Boggy Creek Ranger's recipe.
I will have the farm chores done by 9:00 AM and be ready for any visitors of helpers any time after that.

I will be grilling lamb kabobs and have two Brinkman grills going. Bring whatever you like to grill, a side dish or a desert. I am loose about a schedule but doubt the shooting will start until afternoon. The evening is planned for a real campfire and just good fun with good folks. I guess I failed to mention this before but spouses are welcome. There is a lot to see in Port Townsend or they are welcome to just relax on the farm.

Warning: ladies who want to shoot will not be alowed to humiliate the men by winning the shoot. grin
My Duck and Goose recipies are not grill freindly so I will leave them home unless someone pipes up and knows a good way to utilze them in an outdoor recipe.
Got 250 rounds of cowboy 38 special coming...

Had breakfast at St Mary's Lake, Glacier National Park.

Just about ready to relax and enjoy a cigar in Sandpoint.

Retracing some childhood adventures and having some new ones.

Saturday looks good...

Sounds like fun!

BTW, if anyone need to contact me for questions or if you get lost I am @:
360-301-9301
Jamie and I shot in the bowling pin shoot at our club tonight--we got our butts kicked in royal fashion! So...we are ready to make the rest of you look good!
My prayers have been answered! grin
My prayers have been answered! grin

HEY!! mad

smile
Hey yourself. I need all the help I can get. wink

I just hope I can stand all the way up by Saturday. eek
Waders and jamie should shoot left handed to be fair grin
Not me--just Jamie!
Great idea. Think I might try left handed too. It just might increase my chances of at least scaring a pin.
I'm all for that I'll take that handicap. I'll shoot left handed. smile

Oh, by the way did I mention that I am left handed.
Cheat! grin
Wife and Just dug a quarter of Mr Bad Ram Lamb out of the freezer to thaw. It will get cut up, marinated and be ready to hit the grill.
Wife and Just dug a quarter of Mr Bad Ram Lamb out of the freezer to thaw. It will get cut up, marinated and be ready to hit the grill. Then she made my help clean out the freezer and defrost it. The things I suffer.
Iffin' you had a job .... smile
Wash your mouth out with soap and go to your room! grin
Hope everyone has a great time! Really wish I could be there. This weekend I will be at the state championship cowboy action shoot at the Renton gun club. prior commitment frown

Really hate to miss the pin shoot!!
Just loaded up the guns and ammo and clothes needed. HEaded to Nort Idaho first, then over to Discovery bay on Friday night or early Saturday morning. See ya'll then!

PS Plenty of 416 Rigby ammo in tow for those who want to pop off a few rounds of that.
I've shot my 45 left handed a couple of times with the laser. When you dont have to use sites, left or right hand dont realy matter, I miss just about as much ether way.
I am really interested in those laser sights. I am thinking they might help wit me shooting.
From experience I can tell you that the laser will help with older eyes. However it might not help you hit anymore. frown

It does show how steady you are and how good your trigger control is too. frown
That would be OK if I was shooting alone but I don't think it would be good to try it with all you guys watching. All that laughter could be a distraction.
With as much food that's going to be there I think I'll throw my grill in just ro be safe for Saturday.
Lazydrifter and I hope to show tomorrow .would like to bring along some crab to add to your feast..
Originally Posted by firewalker61
Lazydrifter and I hope to show tomorrow .would like to bring along some crab to add to your feast..

Scott's in Oregon today. So I'll answer for him your more than welcome, see you there and yes the crab would be welcome also.
The get together is at Compass Rose Farm on W Uncas Road about one mile North of Hwy 101/104 Junction just South of Discovery Bay. The address is 1463 West Uncas Rd.

For those with GPS at N 47* 58.413, W 122*53.483

Scott's cell is 360-301-9301
My cell is 360-301-3162
I won't be there tomorrow so PLEASE will someone take a lot of pictures. Thanks, Ken
You can count on pictures of everything but me embarrassing myself at the shoot. Those pictures will be considered classified and sealed for the next hundred years.

Hope you can make the next one.
Someone should bring a lever action 22wmr and plan on leaving it with me for some testing......
Scott,

Wish I could have made it up.

Hope you will take some pics.

ScottF,

I'm walking out the door now to go pick up Jimmyd223 and Jamie. See you between 9 and 9:30am.

Never worry I'll make sure there will be pictures of Scott embarassing his self in the bowling pin shoot.....

wink wink wink
eek
Well the Hood Canal Bridge still sucks!
Well we just left the party and drove the mile back to our place. It was nice to meet everyone. Good food. Really good beer. Good people.

Brant & Molly
Without further ado here are a few of the photos from todays get togeather.

Some of the hardware that showed up today.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Here are afew of the outlaws that showed up who contributed to the above Table.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Then we all proceeded out to a local gravel pit on State Forest Land for a bowling pin shoot with some of the hardware shown on the table above.

[Linked Image]
Just got back to the hotel after the drive back to Tacoma. That was very fun, and a great crowd!

Thanks Scott and Susan (sorry if I got that wrong?)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Here is Mark better known as Safariman giving a couple of the workers at Scott's Farm a quick gun Safety and handling Familiarization coarse at the shoot site. As niether had ever handled a firearm before today.

[Linked Image]

Here is the little gal in the above photo just after she had shot Mark's 416 Rigby.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
And as promised here is Scott making a fool of hisself at the Bowling Pin Shoot. Only thing is he didn't embarass himself to bad as I think he ended up in third place.

[Linked Image]

And this guy who shall remain nameless was the first one eliminated. Although I, OOPS, I mean he did manage knock down three pins.

[Linked Image]
That was a lot of fun. I was impressed with how well everyone shot. Great food, great folks, and guns, it dont get much better then that.
Everyone had a good time until we had a revolt as the following targets were set up for our resident Sandbagger (Ringer) to shoot.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Well, I just rolled back into Centralia after dropping of Jimmyd223 and Jamie.

Great times! Crab, Clams, Steak, and much much more!

Congrats to Safariman on his wonderful bowling pin shooting!

I really enjoyed meeting everyone! I got to finally meet David Walter who sold me a barreled action a few years ago and I killed an elk with it last year. I also enjoyed hearing the story behind MadMooner's screen name! smile

VAnimrod traveled the farthest to be here, but bcolorado also took quite a detour from his trip to Los Angeles to join us! Thanks to both of those guys for making the effort!

And thanks to Mr. and Mrs. ScottF for being perfect hosts! I hope we do it again next year!
W7ACT-

Thanks for documenting the poor sportsmanship displayed by those who couldn't allow a fellow campfirerer to have a little success! smile
Yeah, Waders I wanted to see you shoot those little red targets someone set up for you. It was great fun to bad the other mystery guest couldn't make it do to health issues. Hurry up and get well Miss Lynn you were missed.
It was a wonderful day at the Compass Rose Farm.

Great meeting everyone and the hospitality, well it is the 'fire , was exceptional.
What a great day.

A big thank you to Scottf and his family for hosting us all. Waders and Jamie for setting up the pin shoot and many others for contributing to a really fun afternoon.

Congrats to Safariman, aka, The Honorable Gunga Din.

Mark also allowed us all to feel like a bwana, if for only a moment, while touching off some rounds from his 416 Rigby.

I thorouly enjoyed meeting everyone and look forward to seeing you all again soon.
Great food (Scott and his lovely bride can COOK; and northcountry is a chili savant! W7ACT ain't bad with clams and crab, either).

Great beer (MadMooner can brew ambrosia).

Great times (shooting a ton, and hippie-chicks with killer bods shooting elephant rifles and CCWs; top THAT).

And, better people than all of the above.

What an absolutely incredible get together.

The pictures I took are posted here.

http://s721.photobucket.com/albums/ww211/compassrosefarms/24%20Hour%20Campfire/?start=all
Here is the Complete set of my Photos from the Western Washington get togeather.

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a336/W7ACT/Washington%2024%20HR%202011/
I'll get a few pics uploaded later, and I hope the camera/video of "her" shooting the .416 comes out. THAT, was awesome!

The look on MadMooner's face, was priceless.
Was he the one backing her up so she wouldn't fall. Yep the look on his face would be priceless. You know I think we made those two kids gun loonies and they will remember the shoot and participation the rest of their lives.
Hah! I should of realized there was going to be pictures. My eyes are forward, right?
Thank you everyone for leaving some crab still packed on ice in the cooler. It made for an exceptional breakfast sitting out on the deck in the sunshine.

Brant
I noticed the top 3 places in the pin shoot were guys shooting Kimbers.
just checking out all the cool pics posted, sure looked like lost of fun there guy's.
Well now, some of us could have just as easily lost with a Kimber also.

That Wilson however...
Let's see if this video uplink works:

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b165/VAnimrod/?action=view&current=P8060345.mp4
Thanks for the vid uplink Sean! That is awsome, and pretty funny, yet at the same time shows more of how good of a time we all had. I am already looking forward to next year, going to try to get my beautiful wifey to come along, and maybe even compete. MAybe we could have a ladies event, not that they are not potentially better than any of us, just mostly they might feel more comfortable with a ladies only deal as they do things a little differently than us guys. Sherry could shoot her Colt Cobra 38 and her Old Model Bearcat (that she LOVES) in the rimfire event. Perhaps in the ladies event the bowling pin could be deemed down if it is just hit and knocked down rather than having to clear the table.

Want to add a big YEAH MAN to the other comments. Great fellowship and freindship, lots of fun at the shoot, bringing a couple of new shooters into the fold, camping out at the farm, a real campfire yak&chat, Mad Mooners Growlers, Clams, Crabs, Lamb shoulder BBQ'ed, WOW! A wonderful weekend a time, for sure.

THANKS SCOTT F!!!!!
Sean, great post. Tell you what that little gal gave all of us a run for the money in the pin shoot. She did rather well considering she had never handled a gun before she went up there on the hill with us. I think she won over Mark as well as thev rest of us as she was a real gamer.
Both she and Pat did VERY well in the pin shoot.

Or, perhaps, the rest of us were just that bad... wink
Thanks for posting the video. Shawna just watched it and she was thrilled. You guys gave both of them a new love and respect for shooting.

Jamie, I think the reasons Kimbers did so well is two part. One, they are quality firearms. Two They out numbered the other brands three or four to one. grin

There were some real fine shooters behind those Kimbers too. I cannot remember having more fun that I did this weekend. I know I am hooked on pins!
Wish I could have made it. Looking forward to next year.
There will be a next year Get Together and I hope it just keeps getting better. My friends Archie, Wader, Jamie, and Jeff helped make the whole thing happen. Without them it would have been a LOT more work for Bev and I. Only 52 more weeks to go.
Scott we need to make sure that Video makes it to the CD you and I were talking about yesterday.

I'll try and down load it with Shaun's permission and put it on the CD I promised you. Then we can combine all of the photos into one file and burn copies for anyone who attended wants a copy of the photos.
That works for me and Shawna is thrilled over the video. She was trying to get it to post on her Facebook.
Wow!! 10 days without internet. I'm back grin

First off thank you Waders for driving 20 miles out of your way to pick me up and take me to this get together.

Next up is a huge thanks to ScottF and his lovely wife for hosting this event, it was wonderful.

Getting to meet everyone was a highlight to the day, then add in the food, man o man, if someone went hungry it was their fault.

Next up was the bowling pin shoot. Awesome just Awesome. Waders and Jamie conducted this in such a safe manner and made the instructions very easy for all shooters. I was very impressed .

Shawna was tops in my book grin The 416Girl

I was also impressed with the that 38Super whacked those pins.

We had some great shooters and everyone seemed to improve the second round.

I felt really good hitting two pins the first round and hitting one the second considering I couldn't see past the end of the barrel eek

Thanks to all for a very special day

Oh! and to the guy from the east coast that talks funny hurry up abd get moved out here.

"from the east coast" and "talks funny" is redundant.
Jimmy,

You shot pretty dang good for a blind man! Seriously, it took guts to stand up there and shoot in front of a group of strangers whilst unable to see your target!!

And speaking of the shooting, I was very please with the gun safety that everyone displayed! I wasn't really too worried about it going in, but still, being around 14 people with guns and not knowing how they might be at a range...

So, yeah, it was great!
Ain't no damned least-coaster.

I'm Southern.

And, I talk right.

Can't help y'all being at disadvantages.

wink

Scott;

If she needs the raw file to download/upload, let me know and get me an e-mail address for you or her. Easily done.
Scott;

If she needs the raw file to download/upload, let me know and get me an e-mail address for you or her. Easily done.

[email protected]

Thanks
I know it is a bit early for planning but I may have just found next years mystery guests.
Me?
Nice guess but no prize. My lips are sealed. The only clue is this person is out of state. We have 51 more weeks to guess.
BTW: I am thinking about cutting out some bowling ball shaped plywood targets and hanging them from the trees like you suggested. Also want to try Jeff out with Old Chocolate. I am wondering with his shaky hand and the harder trigger pull of his Glock if he would not do a lit better with a real different gun.
Out of state eh? Better not be an Oregoniac!! grin
BTW: I am thinking about cutting out some bowling ball shaped plywood targets and hanging them from the trees like you suggested.

No no. I said hang REAL pins from trees so you don't have to keep setting them up. But, cutouts would work too I s'pose.
Cutouts I can do. There aren't bowling alleys in my neighborhood to hold up. grin
Out of state eh? Better not be an Oregoniac!! grin

A tad bit further.
Mule dee? Or John Taffin?

Mule deer is actually further.
I can suggest some, if need be. Mystery guests, that is.

The video will be in-bound tonight or tomorrow.
This is easy, VAnimrod's wife

I win grin
I beleive that there is a better than 50% chance to have both our wives there.
Who at the shoot is missing a black & white plaid hoodie jacket I found it in the back seat of my car and I would like to get it back to the owner.
If it's stuffed full of fifties, its mine! not really mine....
Archie;

I think that's Shawna's. Send it to ScottF.
Nope, I thought it was Pat's so I took it down to the farm and they said it wasn't theirs.
I've got to get down to the farm with my truck and p/u my grill and propane tank.

I also need to make a CD of the photos I took to give to Scott as we are planning on burning a CD of the photos we took for anyone who was there. I think he's also going to include the Hippie Gal + 416 Rigby Video on it. If any of the participants that took pictures wants their stuff on the CD please get a copy of your photos to Scott.

W7ACT I have some pictures that I took on a throw away camera that will be back next week and will send to Scott.
Cheers NC
The 45 LC went back to my nephew. He has some stupid idea about how he should have it just because he bought it. frown

I liked both ideas of the picture of the guns. But could I suggest you get another picture of the ACP outside on an overcast day. Get rid of the dark spots on the photo and add some very nice definition.
Scott, I be there again next year. I had a good time.
Wish I could have been there. Sure sounded like a good time and I would have treasured seeing the folks I know again.
But no regrets. Here is where I was on Aug. 6, with my son and grandson hiking and glassing for game that afternoon. No game but excellent company!

[Linked Image]
You were missed but I understand. Think you have your priorities in good order. There is next year.
Scott
Did you ever hear from the mystery guest? Just wondering if every thing is ok! Cheers NC
Hello gents!!!!

Wanted to introduce myself, I am in monroe and shoot quite a bit of long range stuff so if you guys are shooting I would love to join.

Anyway, nice thread!!! I will be around....

Jake
Jcvibby

Welcome pull up seat you are welcome just because we were shooting bowling pins at the get together doesn't mean we don't enjoy shooting the long range stuff. As you can see we had members and their wives from all over the State there as well as one from the East Coast, one from Oregon and one from Colorado. Everyone of the attendees are top drawer and would not hesitate to do it again as a group or individually any time..
© 24hourcampfire