Home
The creator of the chickenbuck had a scheduled tonsil-out-a-me today.

Here he is with his sporty hospital jammies on, happy as could be.

[Linked Image]

Joining him on his little bed is his sister and mother. his sister is trying to help him find anything at all on the TV. Little did we know a big storm was settling in over us which had taken out all sat reception, cable, phone, radio and soon power.

[Linked Image]

Joey listens attentively to a nurse that is telling him about a fun mask that he gets to wear for a little while.

[Linked Image]

Trying on the mask.

[Linked Image]

Here he's just holding the mask but he has been given some sleepy juice orally which was really starting to kick in.

[Linked Image]

LOTS of Ice Cream and Jello in his future I am thinking. smile smile
Well we endured numerous blackouts inside the hospital as the power switched from grid to emergency generator power, a storm raged outside the hospital as the surgeon performed the task of removing Joey's tonsils. We heard "code gray" many times, which we now know means "tornado"

Much to our surprise the tonsils were placed in this nice zip lock mag and they were shown to us... I thought they liked like little chicken hearts. The adnoids were also removed, what ever those are.

[Linked Image]

Waking up from this brought us back to years ago when our oldest had the same procedure done. It aint fun for mom and dad.

[Linked Image]

But we did calm him down and we were just happy to have the worst part behind us.

[Linked Image]

Resting.

[Linked Image]

Mom happy things went well.

[Linked Image]

Meanwhile, big sister and big brother are in the waiting area. Weezy got my spiffy nurse type gear from me and decided to go to work on her brother who has evaded the tonsil issues like his father.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Seriously never a dull moment here with this family.... crazy

Coming around from the drugs in a regular room...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Gonna get some motrin.

[Linked Image]
Glad things went well. I don't know when the last time was that I heard of tonsils (and adnoids - I think that they have something to do with cell phones - makes them able to do things like leap tall buildings) being removed. Back in my youth, it was more or less mandatory. I was one of two members of my grade school class who somehow managed to keep ours.
A little walk with dad and a nurse to prove his land legs.

[Linked Image]

The first of many popsicles.

[Linked Image]

Getting dressed to go home.

[Linked Image]

Slowly picking up energy & brightness in the eyes at home with his siblings.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by northern_dave

[Linked Image]

Resting.

thats a pretty sporty outfit ya got there,Dave.
Tough to see one of your young'uns down and out, ain't it Dave? frown I hope he heals fully and quickly.

I just got home from work myself and am about to change into some cooler duds. Maybe I'll throw on my Camp Chickenbuck T-shirt to show solidarity. smile It doesn't get much cooler than that!
Originally Posted by fluffy

[Linked Image]

Resting.

thats a pretty sporty outfit ya got there,Dave.

If you like that, I got a bonus picture just for you then. grin

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by T LEE
LOTS of Ice Cream and Jello in his future I am thinking. smile smile

That is what I was thinking, T!
I like your nurse outfit, "Paging Nurse Dave, Ingwe needs his daily sponge bath"
Glad the young man is in good shape. I still remember waking up from My time at the bat. About 6 years old. Just like yesterday! Bear
Originally Posted by Winnie1300
I like your nurse outfit, "Paging Nurse Dave, Ingwe needs his daily sponge bath"

You'll smoke a turd in hell for that Winnie....

ND I well remember getting my tonsils out as a wee lad...and the promises of all the ice cream you could handle!

No one told me you can only handle a spoonful...everything hurt so bad...
Cute kids for sure. Thanks for the picture story.
Boy! That's one ugly nurse! wink
[Linked Image]

He looks like some of my clients who shouldn't have been driving!!
[Linked Image]

Um...I just know that Weezers wouldn't be stealing one of her poor baby brother's popsicles ('cuz that would be just plain mean!) So, she probably just holding it for him, right? ...?...
I'm glad the operation went well. Chickenbuck looks strong as an ox!

Good to get this done now, so as not to interfere with the boys primary responsibility..... hunting deer this fall with his Dad.
Heal fast Joey.......pop can't fetch his own beers much longer. whistle

Glad he's home safe.

When my little sister had hers removed there was much anticipation, uncle John worked for Sealtest� ice cream as regional distributor. So when we went in to see her and a half gallon of slightly melted Breyers� was presented to her. She stuck her finger in it and burst into tears wailing, "It's whipped cream not ice cream"!

I got to eat the whole thing... grin
Glad all went well. Doesn't even look like there's any trauma or swelling.

I'm sure he'll be running with scissors and playing with matches in no time.....

Did you see this kinda gross [b][color:#3333FF]Tonsil Story[/color][/b] today.?

Tell the little one he just missed it my millimeters... wink
Originally Posted by MColeman
Boy! That's one ugly nurse! wink

That's what we have to look forward to with the Obama Health Care plan. whistle
Why does everybody think I'm such an ugly nurse? lol!!

You want the full version or just the cliff notes? whistle

I'm sure you'd look much better if hospitals had a last call. smile
Maybe with the right medication you guys would come around.

grin
grin
Originally Posted by 4xbear
Glad the young man is in good shape. I still remember waking up from My time at the bat. About 6 years old. Just like yesterday! Bear

Funny because I was thinking the same thing as I read and looked at the pictures. I still remember trying to swallow ice and get my ice cream down the hatch and how hard it was. Think I was in the hospital two days but that was a long time ago.

Glad all went well.
To further everyone's trauma, Dave was nekkid under that gown.
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
To further everyone's trauma, Dave was nekkid under that gown.

paraphrasing Bart...

You think I aint?

Originally Posted by bruinruin

I'm sure you'd look much better if hospitals had a last call. smile

+1 wink
grinMan, PWM has had a rough last few months!!First Einer the Weiner pulls a toof out've him,then some Doc scrapes out his throat!! He DESRVES an ice cream,Dad deserves a cold beer. Mom too. Weezy seems to have solved her part by sharing a popsicle grin
Great story Dave, glad to hear all went well!

Keith
Mom is at home with him the rest of the week, our biggest challenge will be to keep him as innactive as possible for a couple days.
Posted By: jpb Re: Tonsil day for Mr Chickenbuck - 07/21/11
Mom is at home with him the rest of the week, our biggest challenge will be to keep him as innactive as possible for a couple days.

I'll bet you have some duct tape around there...

[Linked Image]

John
ummm sleepy juice!
Can I get a six pack to go?

Glad the boy is ok Dave.
We need more knife guns to defend us from the flyin bears!
We're going to need that duct tape to keep him from hunting flying bears out in the yard today. It's a beautiful morning and that boy is NOT a sit inside the house kid.

Mom will have her hands full today.

The lil' feller didn't look too bright-eyed, or bushy-tailed after coming 'round. Didn't care for that, but understand the need.

Glad to see he's lookin' much better at home.

You on the other hand. >grins<
grinDontcha have a spare boat anchor layin' around somewhere??? grin
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Glad things went well. I don't know when the last time was that I heard of tonsils (and adnoids - I think that they have something to do with cell phones - makes them able to do things like leap tall buildings) being removed. Back in my youth, it was more or less mandatory. I was one of two members of my grade school class who somehow managed to keep ours.

When I needed mine out back in the early 50's the doc gave my dad a 2 for 1 deal. Did my brother and me for $75. Needless to say my brother wasn't to happy about the situation.
Glad to see Chickenbuck is doin' well, ND.

Man, I love how much easier it is on kids now to have their tonsils out than it was when I was a kid... much better anesthetics and good pain relievers.

Wishing him the best for a speedy recovery.
Go Chickenbuck go!
Just don't over go, to fast.
Winnie,
That line about Nurse Dave and Ingwe's sponge bath is fantastic. I nominate it for best line of the week!

Be a good boy this week Joey, take it easy, and you will be better in no time. I heard that fall is just around the corner and there is lots of fun to be had!
I always enjoy pics of your family, Dave. Did you get rain with that storm? No rain here for a while but we are holding. We are not the real dry area. I guess I missed the Chickenbuck posts. Milk it, Joey. A brick of .22LR's would make it feel better. Good luck.
Now is the time for some REAL fun! grin Wait a couple of weeks, tell Joey the doctor made a mistake shocked , and wants to put his tonsils BACK IN. laugh

Make sure to take pics when you do, the look on his face should be priceless! smile
trooper for sure. nice looking family ya got there. had mine out when i was in my late 20's. alls i wanted was some pot likker.
Coldfront, yeah we got dumped on with rain. Some areas reporting 2.5" in less than an hour. I forgot to tell about Joey's minnow trap. Hey, some dads bring teddy bears to the hospital room, some bring frabbil minnow traps lol!! My buddy (Joey's god father) brought Joe a toy tractor and a bailer.

[Linked Image]
can't tell you how much i enjoy and appreciate slices of your family life you share with us Dave.

you're one of the richest men on here and have the sense to realize it so it seems.

tell the little feller to hair over quick.

btw how much do you charge ingwe for those sponge baths?
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

I use a string mop with a long mop handle and a garden hose so I can stand way back. He pays good, enough for my psychiatric theropy and then some.

lol! sick

I use a string mop with a long mop handle and a garden hose so I can stand way back. He pays good, enough for my psychiatric theropy and then some.

lol! sick

Do you reverse the mop for a happy ending? shocked

Mental image bleech!!!
Posted By: jpb Re: Tonsil day for Mr Chickenbuck - 07/22/11
Originally Posted by Longbob

lol! sick

Do you reverse the mop for a happy ending? shocked

Mental image bleech!!!

I hope you have your turd-smoking attire ready, Longbob!

Ingwe will be along soon...

John
Coldfront, yeah we got dumped on with rain. Some areas reporting 2.5" in less than an hour. I forgot to tell about Joey's minnow trap. Hey, some dads bring teddy bears to the hospital room, some bring frabbil minnow traps lol!! My buddy (Joey's god father) brought Joe a toy tractor and a bailer.

[Linked Image]

brings back memories of my minnow trapping days,running a string of minnow and leech traps in the late 70s. laugh
What is all this talk of sponge baths...? shocked
Why did I say mop handle? The red flag went off in the preventive sensory sector of the gray matter that resides in my head bones.... And like a fool I ignored it...

grin
Why do I feel the need to run for cover???
We're both victims here Ingwe, and yes we should run. In seperate directions of course, so folks don't get the wrong idea. grin
If we have been victimized, can't we sign up for some kind of Obama Bucks Subsidy????
Take two aspirin and call him in the morning!
Originally Posted by ingwe
If we have been victimized, can't we sign up for some kind of Obama Bucks Subsidy????

We don't qualify because we pay in.

If we can afford to pay in, what right do we have to stand here with our hand open?

[Linked Image]

What were you thinking?

[Linked Image]

Glad the little guy is doing well. One thing really stuck out in your picture story......you have great looking kids, therefore you obviously have a good looking wife....
© 24hourcampfire