Home
Posted By: Teal 'puter smiths - video card - 11/14/04
Well after mucho bs with HP - they have informed me the system I bought 7-8 months ago does not have the HP to run MOH: Pacific assault - I need a new vid card. The requirements for MOH:PA are as follows: Directx 8.1 compatible Video card must have 64 MB or more of memory and one of these T&L capable chipsets:

ATI Radeon 8500 or greater, NVIDIA GeForce3 or greater except GeForce4 MX

Now I don't want to spend a fortune - ie I am a poor guy. Need some HP but don't need to spend $500.

Any suggestions on where to buy, model price ect?
Get yourself a card with an ATI Radeo 9700 PRO chipset, or ideally, a 9800 PRO. Will run it all, and won't cost that much. About 150-200 bucks.

Go to www.newegg.com for stuff...excellent retailer.

You could also go for one of the mid-level NVIDIA geforce cards, ie. their 6600 or so. Let me look around a little, and I'll come back with a better (& cheaper) recommendation.

Please stay away from all those you listed. They're junk, and not worth the money. They will run the game, yes....in a slide-show fashion.
Posted By: Teal Re: 'puter smiths - video card - 11/14/04
Ill wait - just pizzed as Call to Duty ran fine - I imagine I 'll have some ham fisted problems with any card I get. (I ain't all that fluent with a puter. - seems you tell someone you are in your 20's and they assume you own bout 5 .coms and should know WTF.)
Haha...seriously, if you run into issues and are looking at getting one, shot me a PM here, or over at the other place. I should be able to help you out.
well I have to get one - nothing like spending $200 to use a 50 game.
Ill wait - just pizzed as Call to Duty ran fine - I imagine I 'll have some ham fisted problems with any card I get. (I ain't all that fluent with a puter. - seems you tell someone you are in your 20's and they assume you own bout 5 .coms and should know WTF.)

Teal,

I'm pleased to see that there is another Call of Duty fan on the Campfire. Gad, I must have run through the game a hundred times. You'd thing that it would get old, but I enjoy it more with every playing.

Steve
I also got the expansion pack - the level of difficulty went up to say the least. Love that game and genre.
Teal,

I just became aware of it and I'm going to buy the expansion pack today. The fun never ends.

Steve
Posted By: SPAD Re: 'puter smiths - video card - 11/14/04
I will never buy another NVIDIA card. ATI Radeon is the one I'm looking at right now.

SPAD
Posted By: Teal Re: 'puter smiths - video card - 11/15/04
Thanks - I ended up with the 9800 pro (course had to upgrade the power supply too) Works awesome.
© 24hourcampfire